North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 16 May 2015

After 4 and a Half Years, I returned to working at the Stadium of Light for the last game of the season against Leicester City, after agreeing to do the Shift yesterday morning at Solutions Recruitment in Newcastle, I arrived not knowing where I would be allocated to within the Ground, thankfully I didnt end up on the Kiosks on the Concourse of the Stadium, I was instead thrown in at the "Deep End" in front of 400 Guests in the Jim Montgomery Suite, in which I was in charge of getting Beverages for 16 People across 4 Tables from Various Local Companies and SAFC Club Sponsers.

Was treated to watching a Pre-Match Photograph Session whilst not liaising with my Customers, this was done by Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown, After the Match Jermain Defoe came in and said a few words, thanking us for our support over the course of the season, and for welcoming him to into such a special club and summarised how it felt scoring against Newcastle in the Derby, it was great to see a player come out and say what he said as I doubt many others would follow suit, he also all but confirmed that he would be staying at SAFC if we remain in the Premier League, this lead to quite a few Defoe Chants, Kevin Ball then came on Stage and again thanked us for our support and heaped praise on Defoe for what he did.

All in all a very enjoyable and quite tiring 8 Hour Shift (11am to 7pm), baring in mind I was still recovering from a 6 Hour Shift at Durham Cricket Ground for the T20s on Friday Night, Positive thing was at the end when came to sign out and got my thing all the staff thanked me for my help, as apparently "Agency Staff" or either Lazy or are Lack Experience and Confidence, which is why the Duty Manager asked for my Contact Details so I can go back their for the 2015/16 Season in August.

RE: Anything and Everything - Kuyoyo - 17 May 2015

I'm down in Sheffield and after a morning getting the odd and random Stagecoach East Midlands Sunday workings in the South East of the city, I'm now on a fellow North Eastern down in this part of the woods with a reminder of home in a place where the PTE and Stagecoach work in harmony Wink 

.jpg
image.jpg
Size 146.98 KB / Downloads 25

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 17 May 2015

(17 May 2015, 10:59 am)Kuyoyo I'm down in Sheffield and after a morning getting the odd and random Stagecoach East Midlands Sunday workings in the South East of the city, I'm now on a fellow North Eastern down in this part of the woods with a reminder of home in a place where the PTE and Stagecoach work in harmony Wink 

I understand that Stagecoach received funding to equip the ADL Enviro300s allocated to service 100 with free Wi-Fi.

Is it possible that Nexus contributed to funding the Wi-Fi on the ADL Enviro400s, too, and it was stipulated by them that their 'B - Buses' logo must be shown? The logo is hardly iconic within the North East, so I can't imagine Stagecoach using it off their own backs...

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 19 May 2015

The Sports Direct shenanigans annoy the heck out of me and I have deliberately tried to avoid the ongoing investigations.

Back in the day, there was a copper, who appeared with increasing regularity on the telly (not as much as the copper from GM Police, advertising sun awnings like). He was appointed Drugs Tzar under the Blair Government and then disappeared without a trace.
He used to annoy me too.

However, completely by accident - I stumbled across said copper and details about his role within Sports Direct.

http://www.cityam.com/212457/sports-direct-chairman-keith-hellawell-grilled-over-callous-usc-administration-zero-hour

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 21 May 2015

A tip for anyone who has a BT Wi-Fi Home Hub.

If the Wi-Fi fails and you get an orange flashing light, call your landline (house phone) if you have one and usually between 30-60 seconds the Wi-Fi should start working again (light turns blue).

At least this seems to fix mine, just wish I found this out sooner as the day I had no Wi-Fi for over 24 hours could have been avoided.

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 21 May 2015

(21 May 2015, 12:12 pm)Jimmi A tip for anyone who had a BT Wi-Fi Home Hub.

Correction. Wink 

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 21 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 9:20 pm)Malarkey After 4 and a Half Years, I returned to working at the Stadium of Light for the last game of the season against Leicester City, after agreeing to do the Shift yesterday morning at Solutions Recruitment in Newcastle, I arrived not knowing where I would be allocated to within the Ground, thankfully I didnt end up on the Kiosks on the Concourse of the Stadium, I was instead thrown in at the "Deep End" in front of 400 Guests in the Jim Montgomery Suite, in which I was in charge of getting Beverages for 16 People across 4 Tables from Various Local Companies and SAFC Club Sponsers.

Was treated to watching a Pre-Match Photograph Session whilst not liaising with my Customers, this was done by Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown, After the Match Jermain Defoe came in and said a few words, thanking us for our support over the course of the season, and for welcoming him to into such a special club and summarised how it felt scoring against Newcastle in the Derby, it was great to see a player come out and say what he said as I doubt many others would follow suit, he also all but confirmed that he would be staying at SAFC if we remain in the Premier League, this lead to quite a few Defoe Chants, Kevin Ball then came on Stage and again thanked us for our support and heaped praise on Defoe for what he did.

All in all a very enjoyable and quite tiring 8 Hour Shift (11am to 7pm), baring in mind I was still recovering from a 6 Hour Shift at Durham Cricket Ground for the T20s on Friday Night, Positive thing was at the end when came to sign out and got my thing all the staff thanked me for my help, as apparently "Agency Staff" or either Lazy or are Lack Experience and Confidence, which is why the Duty Manager asked for my Contact Details so I can go back their for the 2015/16 Season in August.

What do you mean thankfully...Kiosk are the best ones to work with...I should know, I did it 4 years

I used to have one of the best bosses ever there, Dave Moses...

I am actually thinking about going back in August, as it may help my confidence grow from the shitty situation I find myself in at the moment Big Grin will just wait and see...

Will you be working the SoL for the concert(s)

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 22 May 2015

Convinced the security in House of Fraiser at Boro were watching my every move, as I was going up the stairs and the security guard who was going down the stairs suddenly turned round at this point and stayed behind me until I got out the doors, then I walked round past the window and then went the other set of doors and there he was again!

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 22 May 2015

(22 May 2015, 4:31 pm)Jimmi Convinced the security in House of Fraiser at Boro were watching my every move, as I was going up the stairs and the security guard who was going down the stairs suddenly turned round at this point and stayed behind me until I got out the doors, then I walked round past the window and then went the other set of doors and there he was again!
Do you look shifty at times...If you so much as look uneasy or nervous, Security will hang round you like a fly on shitty...

Happens with me all the time, but in my case, it is understandable as I have:

1. Official Caution/Fixed Peaty Notices due to petty theft in the past*

2. My face wouldn't look out of place on Crimewatch Big Grin

*I am a good lad these days, the trouble was I was dosed up on various tablets.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 22 May 2015

(22 May 2015, 5:12 pm)MrFozz Do you look shifty at times...If you so much as look uneasy or nervous, Security will hang round you like a fly on shitty...

Happens with me all the time, but in my case, it is understandable as I have:

1. Official Caution/Fixed Peaty Notices due to petty theft in the past*

2. My face wouldn't look out of place on Crimewatch Big Grin

*I am a good lad these days, the trouble was I was dosed up on various tablets.

Yeah I can look nervous and shifty at times.

(22 May 2015, 5:15 pm)Jimmi Yeah I can look nervous and shifty at times.
That is probably why Security single you out...It is a pain in the arse I know and you probably cannot help it, security will pick you out and watch you if you so much as fart in there clean air [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 22 May 2015

(21 May 2015, 5:01 pm)MrFozz What do you mean thankfully...Kiosk are the best ones to work with...I should know, I did it 4 years

I used to have one of the best bosses ever there, Dave Moses...

I am actually thinking about going back in August, as it may help my confidence grow from the shitty situation I find myself in at the moment Big Grin will just wait and see...

Will you be working the SoL for the concert(s)
They are horrid to work in though Fozz, obviously we share different opinions on the Kiosks.

I dont think I will be working the Foo Fighters on Monday, but if I do then it will very last minute on Monday when they decide they need someone.

(22 May 2015, 5:18 pm)MrFozz That is probably why Security single you out...It is a pain in the arse I know and you probably cannot help it, security will pick you out and watch you if you so much as fart in there clean air [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
I am always getting people looking at me funny as if I am not all there even though that's the case. Sometimes people pick up on the nervousness such as that guy on my previous trip to Guisborough. It is annoying but I try and deal with it the best I can.

Thankfully I had no bother whilst I was in Guisborough today... Until the smelly guy got on the 81 that is.

(22 May 2015, 5:23 pm)Malarkey They are horrid to work in though Fozz, obviously we share different opinions on the Kiosks.

I dont think I will be working the Foo Fighters on Monday, but if I do then it will very last minute on Monday when they decide they need someone.

I loved it, I worked on the Away End from 07-10 and loved it, being the sociable and friendly dude I am I loved meeting fans of other clubs, after from Middlesbrough, Manchester United and Tottenham, most were good, dare I say it, even Newcastle fans were canny and among the best deal with on a personal level and in my own opinion...

Only problem with the kiosks is if your rushed off your feet it is hard to maintain quick service for punters.

(22 May 2015, 5:25 pm)Jimmi I am always getting people looking at me funny as if I am not all there even though that's the case. Sometimes people pick up on the nervousness such as that guy on my previous trip to Guisborough. It is annoying but I try and deal with it the best I can.

Thankfully I had no bother whilst I was in Guisborough today... Until the smelly guy got on the 81 that is.

Jog my memory mate, what happened in Guissy mate???

Do you struggle in places where your an outsider?

No offence, but my impression of you is you are very shy, won't say boo to a goose so to speak and happy keeping yourself to yourself, least you can't really get in/cause trouble with that frame of mind Smile

(22 May 2015, 5:37 pm)MrFozz Jog my memory mate, what happened in Guissy mate???

Do you struggle in places where your an outsider?

No offence, but my impression of you is you are very shy, won't say boo to a goose so to speak and happy keeping yourself to yourself, least you can't really get in/cause trouble with that frame of mind Smile

Was taking photos in Guisborough and some guy came up to me asking questions and he didn't have a friendly looking face so this worried me slightly then started asking why I was so nervous and couldn't come with any answers then he walked away.

I would actually like to talk to people but I often struggle, one big issue I have is I simply can't go over and talk to someone no matter how well I know them, even when I have spotted members of this forum on my travels I struggle to go over and even say hi. Not as bad if someone goes over and talks to me so long as they don't look like they are going to batter the life out of me.

(22 May 2015, 6:07 pm)Jimmi Was taking photos in Guisborough and some guy came up to me asking questions and he didn't have a friendly looking face so this worried me slightly then started asking why I was so nervous and couldn't come with any answers then he walked away.

I would actually like to talk to people but I often struggle, one big issue I have is I simply can't go over and talk to someone no matter how well I know them, even when I have spotted members of this forum on my travels I struggle to go over and even say hi. Not as bad if someone goes over and talks to me so long as they don't look like they are going to batter the life out of me.

I can certainly relate to that feeling...

I would be a little nervous if someone random mush on the street approached me when I would not expect it...

I will make sure to try engage you in conversation with you if I ever happen to bump into you [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Cheating husband leaves mistress sex tape on North Yorkshire bus Big Grin
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12967933.Cheating_husband_leaves_mistress_sex_tape_on_North_Yorkshire_bus/

RE: Anything and Everything - Drifter60 - 23 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 9:20 pm)Malarkey After 4 and a Half Years, I returned to working at the Stadium of Light for the last game of the season against Leicester City, after agreeing to do the Shift yesterday morning at Solutions Recruitment in Newcastle, I arrived not knowing where I would be allocated to within the Ground, thankfully I didnt end up on the Kiosks on the Concourse of the Stadium, I was instead thrown in at the "Deep End" in front of 400 Guests in the Jim Montgomery Suite, in which I was in charge of getting Beverages for 16 People across 4 Tables from Various Local Companies and SAFC Club Sponsers.

How did you not know which area? It's seperate company who run catering within the Stadium of Light. Executive Catering (Hospitality areas) is done by the club's in house operation, Eighteen79 Events (who do other things like Glass Centre, Newcastle Pride) whereas Public Catering (Kiosks) is an external company Centerplate UK (formerly the Lindley Group. Centerplate UK also did last years airshow full catering snd also runs catering at the Sage). 

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 23 May 2015

(22 May 2015, 5:25 pm)Jimmi I am always getting people looking at me funny as if I am not all there even though that's the case. Sometimes people pick up on the nervousness such as that guy on my previous trip to Guisborough. It is annoying but I try and deal with it the best I can.

I was walking through Ashington yesterday and here was people looking at me funny. No camera or anything, I for some reason don't get the looks if I wear my green waterproof coat.