You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
(12 May 2015, 8:30 pm)Jimmi wrote Feeling strange at the moment, took a photo of 4930 in this afternoon in Bishop Auckland and I just didn't really feel any joy like I normally do when I am taking photos.

I am trying to decide whether to head up to Consett or not for the Red Kite fun day tomorrow as right now I am just not feeling like I actually want to.

Just not feeling myself at the moment so I hope get back to feeling my normal self again soon.

I hope you are ok soon, Jimmi!
I thinking about getting a four-in-eight rail rover for the week after next.

Last year I purchased one for the North East but I would like to do another one this time around. I'm leaning towards getting the North West one as it's valid from Hexham onwards. The only drawback being is that I have to drive (or get the bus but, more than likely, drive) to Hexham each day.

Any thoughts?
(14 May 2015, 12:22 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I thinking about getting a four-in-eight rail rover for the week after next.

Last year I purchased one for the North East but I would like to do another one this time around. I'm leaning towards getting the North West one as it's valid from Hexham onwards. The only drawback being is that I have to drive (or get the bus but, more than likely, drive) to Hexham each day.

Any thoughts?

If I was you, I would buy a several Johnston Press newspapers, between now and close of play tomorrow.
Buy 4 lots of Day Rovers and save a few quid.

£12.50 per day versus £72 for 4 days.
There are the weekend two day tickets for £20.

It means you can go from Blaydon or the Metrocentre too, rather than Hexham.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 May 2015, 1:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote If I was you, I would buy a several Johnston Press newspapers, between now and close of play tomorrow.
Buy 4 lots of Day Rovers and save a few quid.

£12.50 per day versus £72 for 4 days.
There are the weekend two day tickets for £20.

It means you can go from Blaydon or the Metrocentre too, rather than Hexham.

Johnson Press is the Northern Echo et al isn't it?

I clicked on the link in the post you made in the Northern Rail thread the other day but it seems, in that link anyway, the validity of the offer ended in March. I can't say I've noticed the Echo stocked anywhere in the Gill (although I could be wrong) so I'm unfamiliar with the T+C's of the current offer. If you (or anyone else) can post this information or provide a link or scan, I'd be much obliged. 

The offer does seem good though. My only gripe is that I'd probably be limited Northern Rail services only whereas the four-in-eight day rover permits travel on just about everything except from Grand Central and First Hull Trains.
(14 May 2015, 2:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Johnson Press is the Northern Echo et al isn't it?

I clicked on the link in the post you made in the Northern Rail thread the other day but it seems, in that link anyway, the validity of the offer ended in March. I can't say I've noticed the Echo stocked anywhere in the Gill (although I could be wrong) so I'm unfamiliar with the T+C's of the current offer. If you (or anyone else) can post this information or provide a link or scan, I'd be much obliged. 

The offer does seem good though. My only gripe is that I'd probably be limited Northern Rail services only whereas the four-in-eight day rover permits travel on just about everything except from Grand Central and First Hull Trains.

http://www.northernrail.org/jpress2015

The updated link. 

There is a ink to the newspapers offering the vouchers.
Owt you could get from work?

On a separate note, the Whitby Gazette is a JP paper. It isn't participating. Got one the other week, went through it half a dozen times looking for the voucher.
(14 May 2015, 2:48 pm)Andreos1 wrote http://www.northernrail.org/jpress2015

The updated link. 

There is a ink to the newspapers offering the vouchers.
Owt you could get from work?

On a separate note, the Whitby Gazette is a JP paper. It isn't participating. Got one the other week, went through it half a dozen times looking for the voucher.

While I may try and snag a few vouchers for future use, I think I'll stick with my four-in-eight day rover plan.

Looking at a map of Northern Rail services, it appears if I want to go, to say, Liverpool or Manchester (or even Leeds, York or Sheffield), I would have to travel to Carlisle before traversing the Cumbrian Coast Line down to Lancaster or Preston to catch a connecting train. While I don't mind doing it the once, doing it every single time is a bit arduous. When covering large distances on a single days outing, I like to take the quickest route possible. Unfortunately, Northern Rail doesn't offer that.
(14 May 2015, 3:50 pm)aureolin wrote There's also the North 4 in 8 rover, which covers east to west.

Aye I know.

It's a toss-up between that and the North West one although it's likely to be the latter rather than former. 

I think I'm just looking for people to talk up the merits of getting the North Country over the North West one if I'm honest. As I said, the only thing stopping me getting the North West rover is the fact I have to travel to Hexham to use it. Other than that, the North West probably wins on both price and choice of destinations.
(15 May 2015, 4:47 pm)Michael wrote What i want?

Unlimited money and bitches.

There's probably a cheat for that.

Try Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right, B and A on any control pad you have at hand and, hey presto, unlimited money and bitches.

Works every-time, rest assured!
(15 May 2015, 5:59 pm)MurdnunoC wrote There's probably a cheat for that.

Try Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right, B and A on any control pad you have at hand and, hey presto, unlimited money and bitches.

Works every-time, rest assured!

Already tried that, it didn't work =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 May 2015, 6:55 pm)MrFozz wrote Anyone else catch Norman Smith calling Nigel Farage a c**t on THE BBC

Hilarious Big Grin

Always love a good ol' Freudian slip of the tongue.
Back in from my Shift at Durham Cricket Ground, got out 50 Minutes early due the match being rained off, this first chance I have had to sit down since 07:30 this morning, can't wait for the next shift there although I am not really looking to returning to working at the SOL for the first time in 4 Year tomorrow.
After 4 and a Half Years, I returned to working at the Stadium of Light for the last game of the season against Leicester City, after agreeing to do the Shift yesterday morning at Solutions Recruitment in Newcastle, I arrived not knowing where I would be allocated to within the Ground, thankfully I didnt end up on the Kiosks on the Concourse of the Stadium, I was instead thrown in at the "Deep End" in front of 400 Guests in the Jim Montgomery Suite, in which I was in charge of getting Beverages for 16 People across 4 Tables from Various Local Companies and SAFC Club Sponsers.

Was treated to watching a Pre-Match Photograph Session whilst not liaising with my Customers, this was done by Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown, After the Match Jermain Defoe came in and said a few words, thanking us for our support over the course of the season, and for welcoming him to into such a special club and summarised how it felt scoring against Newcastle in the Derby, it was great to see a player come out and say what he said as I doubt many others would follow suit, he also all but confirmed that he would be staying at SAFC if we remain in the Premier League, this lead to quite a few Defoe Chants, Kevin Ball then came on Stage and again thanked us for our support and heaped praise on Defoe for what he did.

All in all a very enjoyable and quite tiring 8 Hour Shift (11am to 7pm), baring in mind I was still recovering from a 6 Hour Shift at Durham Cricket Ground for the T20s on Friday Night, Positive thing was at the end when came to sign out and got my thing all the staff thanked me for my help, as apparently "Agency Staff" or either Lazy or are Lack Experience and Confidence, which is why the Duty Manager asked for my Contact Details so I can go back their for the 2015/16 Season in August.
I'm down in Sheffield and after a morning getting the odd and random Stagecoach East Midlands Sunday workings in the South East of the city, I'm now on a fellow North Eastern down in this part of the woods with a reminder of home in a place where the PTE and Stagecoach work in harmony Wink 

.jpg image.jpg
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 10:59 am)Kuyoyo wrote I'm down in Sheffield and after a morning getting the odd and random Stagecoach East Midlands Sunday workings in the South East of the city, I'm now on a fellow North Eastern down in this part of the woods with a reminder of home in a place where the PTE and Stagecoach work in harmony Wink 

I understand that Stagecoach received funding to equip the ADL Enviro300s allocated to service 100 with free Wi-Fi.

Is it possible that Nexus contributed to funding the Wi-Fi on the ADL Enviro400s, too, and it was stipulated by them that their 'B - Buses' logo must be shown? The logo is hardly iconic within the North East, so I can't imagine Stagecoach using it off their own backs...
The Sports Direct shenanigans annoy the heck out of me and I have deliberately tried to avoid the ongoing investigations.

Back in the day, there was a copper, who appeared with increasing regularity on the telly (not as much as the copper from GM Police, advertising sun awnings like). He was appointed Drugs Tzar under the Blair Government and then disappeared without a trace.
He used to annoy me too.

However, completely by accident - I stumbled across said copper and details about his role within Sports Direct.

http://www.cityam.com/212457/sports-dire...-zero-hour
A tip for anyone who has a BT Wi-Fi Home Hub.

If the Wi-Fi fails and you get an orange flashing light, call your landline (house phone) if you have one and usually between 30-60 seconds the Wi-Fi should start working again (light turns blue).

At least this seems to fix mine, just wish I found this out sooner as the day I had no Wi-Fi for over 24 hours could have been avoided.
Marxista Fozzski
(16 May 2015, 9:20 pm)Malarkey wrote After 4 and a Half Years, I returned to working at the Stadium of Light for the last game of the season against Leicester City, after agreeing to do the Shift yesterday morning at Solutions Recruitment in Newcastle, I arrived not knowing where I would be allocated to within the Ground, thankfully I didnt end up on the Kiosks on the Concourse of the Stadium, I was instead thrown in at the "Deep End" in front of 400 Guests in the Jim Montgomery Suite, in which I was in charge of getting Beverages for 16 People across 4 Tables from Various Local Companies and SAFC Club Sponsers.

Was treated to watching a Pre-Match Photograph Session whilst not liaising with my Customers, this was done by Jack Rodwell and Wes Brown, After the Match Jermain Defoe came in and said a few words, thanking us for our support over the course of the season, and for welcoming him to into such a special club and summarised how it felt scoring against Newcastle in the Derby, it was great to see a player come out and say what he said as I doubt many others would follow suit, he also all but confirmed that he would be staying at SAFC if we remain in the Premier League, this lead to quite a few Defoe Chants, Kevin Ball then came on Stage and again thanked us for our support and heaped praise on Defoe for what he did.

All in all a very enjoyable and quite tiring 8 Hour Shift (11am to 7pm), baring in mind I was still recovering from a 6 Hour Shift at Durham Cricket Ground for the T20s on Friday Night, Positive thing was at the end when came to sign out and got my thing all the staff thanked me for my help, as apparently "Agency Staff" or either Lazy or are Lack Experience and Confidence, which is why the Duty Manager asked for my Contact Details so I can go back their for the 2015/16 Season in August.

What do you mean thankfully...Kiosk are the best ones to work with...I should know, I did it 4 years

I used to have one of the best bosses ever there, Dave Moses...

I am actually thinking about going back in August, as it may help my confidence grow from the shitty situation I find myself in at the moment Big Grin will just wait and see...

Will you be working the SoL for the concert(s)
Anything and Everything
Convinced the security in House of Fraiser at Boro were watching my every move, as I was going up the stairs and the security guard who was going down the stairs suddenly turned round at this point and stayed behind me until I got out the doors, then I walked round past the window and then went the other set of doors and there he was again!
Marxista Fozzski
(22 May 2015, 4:31 pm)Jimmi wrote Convinced the security in House of Fraiser at Boro were watching my every move, as I was going up the stairs and the security guard who was going down the stairs suddenly turned round at this point and stayed behind me until I got out the doors, then I walked round past the window and then went the other set of doors and there he was again!
Do you look shifty at times...If you so much as look uneasy or nervous, Security will hang round you like a fly on shitty...

Happens with me all the time, but in my case, it is understandable as I have:

1. Official Caution/Fixed Peaty Notices due to petty theft in the past*

2. My face wouldn't look out of place on Crimewatch Big Grin

*I am a good lad these days, the trouble was I was dosed up on various tablets.
(22 May 2015, 5:12 pm)MrFozz wrote Do you look shifty at times...If you so much as look uneasy or nervous, Security will hang round you like a fly on shitty...

Happens with me all the time, but in my case, it is understandable as I have:

1. Official Caution/Fixed Peaty Notices due to petty theft in the past*

2. My face wouldn't look out of place on Crimewatch Big Grin

*I am a good lad these days, the trouble was I was dosed up on various tablets.

Yeah I can look nervous and shifty at times.