North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm)aureolin Do you have a source for that info? Not doubting you, just my understanding was as follows:

Dennis Trident 2: 2-axle chassis
Dennis Trident 3: 3-axle chassis

I could be wrong like.....

Spot on.

I believe, officially, the newer (Euro 5 and 6?) ADL products are ADL E20D, ADL E40D etc opposed to Dennis Dart SLF 4, Dennis Trident 2, etc. I wouldn't suggest that the latter is incorrect, though, and most enthusiasts would 'accept' both.

RE: Anything and Everything - South Tyne Lad - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 7:16 pm)Kuyoyo You are right, there's no such thing as a Trident 4, the chassis is now the E40D. Same as 37301-19 are E20D not Dart 4 (as per 36081-94 and 36461-79).

(22 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm)aureolin Do you have a source for that info? Not doubting you, just my understanding was as follows:

Dennis Trident 2: 2-axle chassis
Dennis Trident 3: 3-axle chassis

I could be wrong like.....
(22 Jul 2015, 7:18 pm)Dan Spot on.

I believe, officially, the newer ADL products are ADL E20D, ADL E40D etc opposed to Dennis Dart SLF 4, Dennis Trident 2, etc. I wouldn't suggest that the latter is incorrect, though.

Though yous may be right about E40D, A 3 Axle Trident ( Hong Kong , Singapore ) used to be merked as a Trident 5 , Though going by everyone else's comments the Enviro 500 today will be marked as a E50D or E50H for the hybrid version.

A long time ago, before I registered on NEB I had a ride on a 60 Reg Stagecoach E400 196** though I cant remember what fleet number it had, it definitely had  Trident 4 on its Manufactures plate next to the doors so this will have been a recent change to naming it the E40D

Though im not sure, I think the best way to do it will look at the Manufacture's plate next to the doors, im annoyed now I was on 37305 today so could of checked!

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 7:18 pm)Dan Spot on.

I believe, officially, the newer (Euro 5 and 6?) ADL products are ADL E20D, ADL E40D etc opposed to Dennis Dart SLF 4, Dennis Trident 2, etc. I wouldn't suggest that the latter is incorrect, though, and most enthusiasts would 'accept' both.

So is my Flickr description correct or incorrect? I think I am more confused now than I was before. I am terrible with body's and chassis.

(22 Jul 2015, 7:47 pm)Jimmi So is my Flickr description correct or incorrect? I think I am more confused now than I was before. I am terrible with body's and chassis.

I would leave it as it is and ignore anyone trying to nitpick. "Dennis Trident 2" is, by and large, an accepted chassis for the ADL Enviro 400.

I've just had a look at his Flickr photos and he includes no detail of vehicle make and type himself...

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 7:54 pm)Dan I would leave it as it is and ignore anyone trying to nitpick. "Dennis Trident 2" is, by and large, an accepted chassis for the ADL Enviro 400.

I've just had a look at his Flickr photos and he includes no detail of vehicle make and type himself...

What a knobhead.

RE: Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 7:54 pm)Dan I would leave it as it is and ignore anyone trying to nitpick. "Dennis Trident 2" is, by and large, an accepted chassis for the ADL Enviro 400.

Sounds like he's an anorak enthusiast to me.

Just looked at both and neither do.

Also at least I know how to type a registration, SJ 15 PUX, seriously! Nearly all of them are like this.

RE: Anything and Everything - S813 FVK - 22 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm)Jimmi Just looked at both and neither do.

Also at least I know how to type a registration, SJ 15 PUX, seriously! Nearly all of them are like this.

There is no space between the SJ and the 15. Therefore, is there any need to put one in? I just copy the destination down as it is (xxxx xxx)

(22 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm)S813 FVK There is no space between the SJ and the 15. Therefore, is there any need to put one in? I just copy the destination down as it is (xxxx xxx)

I tend to put both in, to maximise the chance of my photographs being found on a search, ie NE15ABC and NE15 ABC.

No idea why an extra space would be put in though.

(22 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm)S813 FVK There is no space between the SJ and the 15. Therefore, is there any need to put one in? I just copy the destination down as it is (xxxx xxx)

Quite right, I show registrations as (example registration given) YT51 EAW in the title, then put it down as YT51EAW in the description, partly so it comes up in searches for the registration in both ways.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 23 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 6:43 pm)Jimmi I am not the best when it comes to vehicle types for buses, for most of my photos in the north east I use what it says on the NEB fleet list, normally I have no problems but I have had some comments on the photo of the four Stagecoach Enivro 400's in Wheatsheaf depot which I uploaded on Monday. https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/19677021288/in/datetaken/

Any ideas what to do?

Oh god, he's back again!

Just what I want to come home to after a long day out.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 23 Jul 2015

Anyone seen Mr Cian Twomey's video's on Facebook, he does video's about his GF but its him, funny as out hahaha

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Cian-Twomey/382375331894742?sk=timeline

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 23 Jul 2015

Bloody hell, this could of ended bad

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/a-guy-used-bitcoin-to-stockpile-weapons-and-ammunition-in-a-bid-to-carry-out-mass-murder-at-his-former-college

RE: Anything and Everything - S813 FVK - 24 Jul 2015

Might aswell say it here:

I have noticed that over the past week, i have been posting on this forum a lot lately. It is mainly down to the fact that i'm off school and there isn't really that much to do. Apologies if it is starting to get on peoples nerves and i will try to tone it down a bit.

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 25 Jul 2015

(24 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm)S813 FVK Might aswell say it here:

I have noticed that over the past week, i have been posting on this forum a lot lately. It is mainly down to the fact that i'm off school and there isn't really that much to do. Apologies if it is starting to get on peoples nerves and i will try to tone it down a bit.

Nowt wrong with that!  Wink I've had 27 posts in one day once...  Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 25 Jul 2015

(24 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm)S813 FVK Might aswell say it here:

I post to much anyway, my current number of posts is at 8,247 LOL

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 7:58 am)Michael I post to much anyway, my current number of posts is at 8,247 LOL

decent bus.... Dodgy

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 7:58 am)Michael I post to much anyway, my current number of posts is at 8,247 LOL

I'm certainly not in a position to be able to criticise...  Rolleyes

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 25 Jul 2015

Wrong - 8,250  Wink

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 25 Jul 2015

This will make 5124 posts for me. I believe I am 5th in the most posts by a member to post on this forum. Think I should try and stop getting so annoyed all the time although it's difficult when you have morons like the idiot yesterday.