Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show 2015

North East Bus & Coach Show 2015

North East Bus & Coach Show 2015

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next
Jimmi

04 May 2015, 3:54 pm #61
I had a brilliant day at the rally, was nice to meet some of the members on here and enjoyed getting photos and my ride on GNE 3818 and the Northumbria Delta.

Cracking day... Until I got on StreetLite 5409 on the X22 which has now left 10 minutes late and now in traffic on the A1 so no doubt I will see the 7 leaving Durham Bus Station as the X22 arrives and have an hour to wait for the next one
Jimmi
04 May 2015, 3:54 pm #61

I had a brilliant day at the rally, was nice to meet some of the members on here and enjoyed getting photos and my ride on GNE 3818 and the Northumbria Delta.

Cracking day... Until I got on StreetLite 5409 on the X22 which has now left 10 minutes late and now in traffic on the A1 so no doubt I will see the 7 leaving Durham Bus Station as the X22 arrives and have an hour to wait for the next one

citaro5284

04 May 2015, 4:38 pm #62
It seems everyone had a good time. One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally. All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

In my opinion, buses should only go if not required.
citaro5284
04 May 2015, 4:38 pm #62

It seems everyone had a good time. One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally. All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

Jimmi

04 May 2015, 4:42 pm #63
Thankfully I have just and I mean just caught the 7 in Durham so I won't be making a complaint.

Those of you in Tyne and Wear who have a regular bus and Metro service on a Sunday should be very grateful for it as I have one bus an hour to Durham on a Sunday and it doesn't connect with anything, hence why I never bothered getting Coast and Country photos yesterday as I would have out for 4 hours to get one photo in Chester-le-Street.
Jimmi
04 May 2015, 4:42 pm #63

Thankfully I have just and I mean just caught the 7 in Durham so I won't be making a complaint.

Those of you in Tyne and Wear who have a regular bus and Metro service on a Sunday should be very grateful for it as I have one bus an hour to Durham on a Sunday and it doesn't connect with anything, hence why I never bothered getting Coast and Country photos yesterday as I would have out for 4 hours to get one photo in Chester-le-Street.

Adrian

04 May 2015, 4:44 pm #64
(04 May 2015, 4:38 pm)citaro5284 It seems everyone had a good time.  One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally.  All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. 

Whilst it was nice to have the opportunity to see one of the X66 Streetlites at the rally, it shouldn't be at the detriment of the service being provided. I'd hate to think that having a spare unnecessarily run around on the X66 all day would perhaps be frowned upon by the powers that be. I recall similar when a TTX B9TL attended in 2013? 

Negatives aside it was a good showing from GNE again. It was good of them to bring an Olympian, for what will probably (hopefully?) be the last time. A few of us had a ride up to Sunniside and back on it. It was also good for the Red Kite branding to be unveiled at an enthusiast event, because I know a few on here have had a grumble about them launching brands during the week! 

The OmniDekka they brought was also sporting a very smart paint job. It was interesting to see that they still had the Brighton & Hove destinations programmed though. Tongue 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 May 2015, 4:44 pm #64

(04 May 2015, 4:38 pm)citaro5284 It seems everyone had a good time.  One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally.  All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. 

Whilst it was nice to have the opportunity to see one of the X66 Streetlites at the rally, it shouldn't be at the detriment of the service being provided. I'd hate to think that having a spare unnecessarily run around on the X66 all day would perhaps be frowned upon by the powers that be. I recall similar when a TTX B9TL attended in 2013? 

Negatives aside it was a good showing from GNE again. It was good of them to bring an Olympian, for what will probably (hopefully?) be the last time. A few of us had a ride up to Sunniside and back on it. It was also good for the Red Kite branding to be unveiled at an enthusiast event, because I know a few on here have had a grumble about them launching brands during the week! 

The OmniDekka they brought was also sporting a very smart paint job. It was interesting to see that they still had the Brighton & Hove destinations programmed though. Tongue 

idiot

04 May 2015, 4:44 pm #65
I really enjoyed the rally to Smile
Had a trip on TBK 196K & UFJ 292.

Both buses were better than some of GNE current fleet!
idiot
04 May 2015, 4:44 pm #65

I really enjoyed the rally to Smile

04 May 2015, 4:49 pm #66
(04 May 2015, 4:42 pm)Jimmi Thankfully I have just and I mean just caught the 7 in Durham so I won't be making a complaint.

I dont have a regular bus service. Just the 1 to Blyth/Ashington hourly and X21 to Newcastle/Newbiggin hourly.

Two buses an hour during 0900-1800, none of my journeys sparkle on Sundays as the 1 is more conveniently timed.
omnicity4659
04 May 2015, 4:49 pm #66

(04 May 2015, 4:42 pm)Jimmi Thankfully I have just and I mean just caught the 7 in Durham so I won't be making a complaint.

I dont have a regular bus service. Just the 1 to Blyth/Ashington hourly and X21 to Newcastle/Newbiggin hourly.

Two buses an hour during 0900-1800, none of my journeys sparkle on Sundays as the 1 is more conveniently timed.

Adrian

04 May 2015, 4:51 pm #67
(04 May 2015, 4:44 pm)idiot I really enjoyed the rally to Smile

Meh. I dunno! 

I guess there'll always be a lot of love for 'heritage' vehicles. Nowt will beat the roar of an Atlantean or a National for me, but mechanically something like a Citaro or B9TL is a light years ahead. 20 years from now, we'll be looking at those two examples the same way as we do with the modern day heritage vehicles.

Adrian
04 May 2015, 4:51 pm #67

(04 May 2015, 4:44 pm)idiot I really enjoyed the rally to Smile

Meh. I dunno! 

I guess there'll always be a lot of love for 'heritage' vehicles. Nowt will beat the roar of an Atlantean or a National for me, but mechanically something like a Citaro or B9TL is a light years ahead. 20 years from now, we'll be looking at those two examples the same way as we do with the modern day heritage vehicles.

Jimmi

04 May 2015, 5:03 pm #68
(04 May 2015, 4:38 pm)citaro5284 It seems everyone had a good time. One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally. All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

I have to agree with this as my book it is rather poor spending all that money on new buses and promoting them and people may have gone to the MetroCentre today using the X66 expecting a brand new bus operating the service and a considerably older Solar (or Versa) turns up instead which doesn't look as sparkly as a brand new bus would.

It seems rather silly to take one off the X66 especially as it goes right past the rally site with some travelling on the X66 to get to the event.

Other than that it was nice to see GNE fetch a decent number of buses along including the new Red Kite's and Omnidekka's.

Other than the issues with the X22 I have really enjoyed today.
Jimmi
04 May 2015, 5:03 pm #68

(04 May 2015, 4:38 pm)citaro5284 It seems everyone had a good time. One thing which I disagree GNE doing is taking a bus off service to attend a rally. All X66 vehicles are required and should be available for service and there is no excuse for one of them to be sitting at a rally all day and not been on service and consequently the X66 has to operate with a red spare.

I have to agree with this as my book it is rather poor spending all that money on new buses and promoting them and people may have gone to the MetroCentre today using the X66 expecting a brand new bus operating the service and a considerably older Solar (or Versa) turns up instead which doesn't look as sparkly as a brand new bus would.

It seems rather silly to take one off the X66 especially as it goes right past the rally site with some travelling on the X66 to get to the event.

Other than that it was nice to see GNE fetch a decent number of buses along including the new Red Kite's and Omnidekka's.

Tom

04 May 2015, 5:15 pm #69
(04 May 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi I have to agree with this as my book it is rather poor spending all that money on new buses and promoting them and people may have gone to the MetroCentre today using the X66 expecting a brand new bus operating the service and a considerably older Solar (or Versa) turns up instead which doesn't look as sparkly as a brand new bus would.

The 12:35 X22 didn't operate at all. There was an announcement saying it wouldn't be operating, but no reason given. 
Tom
04 May 2015, 5:15 pm #69

(04 May 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi I have to agree with this as my book it is rather poor spending all that money on new buses and promoting them and people may have gone to the MetroCentre today using the X66 expecting a brand new bus operating the service and a considerably older Solar (or Versa) turns up instead which doesn't look as sparkly as a brand new bus would.

The 12:35 X22 didn't operate at all. There was an announcement saying it wouldn't be operating, but no reason given. 

Dan

Site Administrator

04 May 2015, 5:36 pm #70
(04 May 2015, 5:15 pm)Tom The 12:35 X22 didn't operate at all. There was an announcement saying it wouldn't be operating, but no reason given. 

As I said before, it arrived at the Metrocentre at approximately 1310.

I appreciate it ran at a two-hourly frequency, but it would be completely illogical to run the service 40+ minutes late (taking into account un/loading time), especially with it interworking with service 14 at Durham.

There must have been some major delays on the A1.
Dan
04 May 2015, 5:36 pm #70

(04 May 2015, 5:15 pm)Tom The 12:35 X22 didn't operate at all. There was an announcement saying it wouldn't be operating, but no reason given. 

As I said before, it arrived at the Metrocentre at approximately 1310.

I appreciate it ran at a two-hourly frequency, but it would be completely illogical to run the service 40+ minutes late (taking into account un/loading time), especially with it interworking with service 14 at Durham.

Kuyoyo

04 May 2015, 5:43 pm #71
I notice a lack of praising Arriva here - 4 vehicles, only 1 older than 12 months old, all showing the large investment made in the last 18 months to transform the ANE fleet. The 7 members of staff from 3 depots should be proud of what they managed to do today.
Kuyoyo
04 May 2015, 5:43 pm #71

I notice a lack of praising Arriva here - 4 vehicles, only 1 older than 12 months old, all showing the large investment made in the last 18 months to transform the ANE fleet. The 7 members of staff from 3 depots should be proud of what they managed to do today.

Malarkey

04 May 2015, 5:47 pm #72
(04 May 2015, 5:36 pm)Dan As I said before, it arrived at the Metrocentre at approximately 1310.

The A1 was clear heading down towards Team Valley when I was on the X88 This Morning, although we did turn off at The Angel and went via Harlow Green, Saltwell Road, Victoria Road/Bolam Street before following the Road along to the MetroCentre, so perhaps after Team Valley is where all the issues are, nevertheless the X22 should follow the same Diversion as the X88, Also note my 09:55 X88 was 10 Minutes Late into The Galleries coming from Depot(Starting at Concord) and we arrived around 15 Minutes Late.
Malarkey
04 May 2015, 5:47 pm #72

(04 May 2015, 5:36 pm)Dan As I said before, it arrived at the Metrocentre at approximately 1310.

The A1 was clear heading down towards Team Valley when I was on the X88 This Morning, although we did turn off at The Angel and went via Harlow Green, Saltwell Road, Victoria Road/Bolam Street before following the Road along to the MetroCentre, so perhaps after Team Valley is where all the issues are, nevertheless the X22 should follow the same Diversion as the X88, Also note my 09:55 X88 was 10 Minutes Late into The Galleries coming from Depot(Starting at Concord) and we arrived around 15 Minutes Late.

Jimmi

04 May 2015, 5:48 pm #73
(04 May 2015, 5:43 pm)Kuyoyo I notice a lack of praising Arriva here - 4 vehicles, only 1 older than 12 months old, all showing the large investment made in the last 18 months to transform the ANE fleet. The 7 members of staff from 3 depots should be proud of what they managed to do today.

I think it was good for Arriva to bring the buses they did as it does show the investment they have made recently and two of the buses have only just entered service so it will be the first time some of us will have seen them in the flesh, also you have to think that 3 of the buses have come up from Faverdale (Darlington) which is a canny distance to come and the 23 StreetLite from Belmont too.
Jimmi
04 May 2015, 5:48 pm #73

(04 May 2015, 5:43 pm)Kuyoyo I notice a lack of praising Arriva here - 4 vehicles, only 1 older than 12 months old, all showing the large investment made in the last 18 months to transform the ANE fleet. The 7 members of staff from 3 depots should be proud of what they managed to do today.

I think it was good for Arriva to bring the buses they did as it does show the investment they have made recently and two of the buses have only just entered service so it will be the first time some of us will have seen them in the flesh, also you have to think that 3 of the buses have come up from Faverdale (Darlington) which is a canny distance to come and the 23 StreetLite from Belmont too.

mb134

04 May 2015, 5:53 pm #74

Am I right in thinking the "1 older than 12 months" was 4814, so even that isn't unbelievably old? 
mb134
04 May 2015, 5:53 pm #74

Am I right in thinking the "1 older than 12 months" was 4814, so even that isn't unbelievably old? 

Jimmi

04 May 2015, 5:54 pm #75
(04 May 2015, 5:47 pm)Malarkey The A1 was clear heading down towards Team Valley when I was on the X88 This Morning, although we did turn off at The Angel and went via Harlow Green, Saltwell Road, Victoria Road/Bolam Street before following the Road along to the MetroCentre, so perhaps after Team Valley is where all the issues are, nevertheless the X22 should follow the same Diversion as the X88, Also note my 09:55 X88 was 10 Minutes Late into The Galleries coming from Depot(Starting at Concord) and we arrived around 15 Minutes Late.

The 0944 X22 had no problems with traffic as that's how I got there and I think it got there on-time.

Think traffic got worse around the MetroCentre area around 13:30 as I was on 3818 going round the MetroCentre area and we were barely moving it was that bad.

(04 May 2015, 5:53 pm)mb134 Am I right in thinking the "1 older than 12 months" was 4814, so even that isn't unbelievably old? 

Yep, only two years old.
Edited 04 May 2015, 5:54 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
04 May 2015, 5:54 pm #75

(04 May 2015, 5:47 pm)Malarkey The A1 was clear heading down towards Team Valley when I was on the X88 This Morning, although we did turn off at The Angel and went via Harlow Green, Saltwell Road, Victoria Road/Bolam Street before following the Road along to the MetroCentre, so perhaps after Team Valley is where all the issues are, nevertheless the X22 should follow the same Diversion as the X88, Also note my 09:55 X88 was 10 Minutes Late into The Galleries coming from Depot(Starting at Concord) and we arrived around 15 Minutes Late.

The 0944 X22 had no problems with traffic as that's how I got there and I think it got there on-time.

Think traffic got worse around the MetroCentre area around 13:30 as I was on 3818 going round the MetroCentre area and we were barely moving it was that bad.

(04 May 2015, 5:53 pm)mb134 Am I right in thinking the "1 older than 12 months" was 4814, so even that isn't unbelievably old? 

Yep, only two years old.

citaro5284

04 May 2015, 5:56 pm #76

But nothing from Arriva north of the Tyne, which does seem strange as they are alot closer than the 4 vehicles that Arriva did come with. Is this because management is not behind events like this where as GNE are and it is left up to the drivers to sort it out themselves, if so, its a pretty poor show.
citaro5284
04 May 2015, 5:56 pm #76

But nothing from Arriva north of the Tyne, which does seem strange as they are alot closer than the 4 vehicles that Arriva did come with. Is this because management is not behind events like this where as GNE are and it is left up to the drivers to sort it out themselves, if so, its a pretty poor show.

mb134

04 May 2015, 5:58 pm #77
(04 May 2015, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Yep, only two years old.

So if I recall correctly, that was a demonstrator prior to ANE obtaining it, meaning it won't have seen a great deal of intensive work before coming, so is practically a new vehicle anyway? 
mb134
04 May 2015, 5:58 pm #77

(04 May 2015, 5:54 pm)Jimmi Yep, only two years old.

So if I recall correctly, that was a demonstrator prior to ANE obtaining it, meaning it won't have seen a great deal of intensive work before coming, so is practically a new vehicle anyway? 

mb134

04 May 2015, 5:59 pm #78
(04 May 2015, 5:56 pm)citaro5284 But nothing from Arriva north of the Tyne, which does seem strange as they are alot closer than the 4 vehicles that Arriva did come with. Is this because management is not behind events like this where as GNE are and it is left up to the drivers to sort it out themselves, if so, its a pretty poor show.

Building from this, would it not have been an ideal opportunity for Ashington to send a Sapphire Enviro, more publicity for a service that hasn't seen as much growth as the others?
mb134
04 May 2015, 5:59 pm #78

(04 May 2015, 5:56 pm)citaro5284 But nothing from Arriva north of the Tyne, which does seem strange as they are alot closer than the 4 vehicles that Arriva did come with. Is this because management is not behind events like this where as GNE are and it is left up to the drivers to sort it out themselves, if so, its a pretty poor show.

Building from this, would it not have been an ideal opportunity for Ashington to send a Sapphire Enviro, more publicity for a service that hasn't seen as much growth as the others?

Adrian

04 May 2015, 6:04 pm #79

I don't think there's a lack of praising. Everyone is entitled to post their praise or negativity! Smile

I do agree with you though Tony. It was good to see Arriva's vehicles on display again this year, and it was good to get a look over the new Sapphire E400 for the 7. I was commenting to a few of the lads from here that I was with, that I think the vehicle looks extremely smart both inside and out. I'm even warming to the e-leather seats!

I should also note that the drivers that attended with the Arriva vehicles were also very accommodating when it came to looking around inside, allowing people to sit in the cab, and even showing how to change the destination displays. 

Adrian
04 May 2015, 6:04 pm #79

I don't think there's a lack of praising. Everyone is entitled to post their praise or negativity! Smile

I do agree with you though Tony. It was good to see Arriva's vehicles on display again this year, and it was good to get a look over the new Sapphire E400 for the 7. I was commenting to a few of the lads from here that I was with, that I think the vehicle looks extremely smart both inside and out. I'm even warming to the e-leather seats!

I should also note that the drivers that attended with the Arriva vehicles were also very accommodating when it came to looking around inside, allowing people to sit in the cab, and even showing how to change the destination displays. 

Michael

04 May 2015, 6:06 pm #80
(04 May 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin I don't think there's a lack of praising. Everyone is entitled to post their praise or negativity! Smile

Shame Stagecoach didn't turn up!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 May 2015, 6:06 pm #80

(04 May 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin I don't think there's a lack of praising. Everyone is entitled to post their praise or negativity! Smile

Shame Stagecoach didn't turn up!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (7) Previous 13 4 57 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average