North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Your Travel Queries

Your Travel Queries

Your Travel Queries

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21): 1 2 321 Next
NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

06 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm #1
Have a travel query? Visiting a new area but not familiar with the directions given by Traveline? Post your travel queries here, and someone with local North East knowledge should be able to help you out!

I'm trying to find the best route for someone to get to the new Washington Primary Care Centre from Park Lane by bus. I've visited the old health centre, dentist part I think, many years ago and there was direct foot access from the Galleries, but I can't tell if it's as easy to reach the new building. Is it well sign-posted from the bus station and easy to find? This is for someone with a poor sense of direction and having not visited the Galleries for many years too!

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers! Big Grin
NEB Admin Team
06 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm #1

Have a travel query? Visiting a new area but not familiar with the directions given by Traveline? Post your travel queries here, and someone with local North East knowledge should be able to help you out!

I'm trying to find the best route for someone to get to the new Washington Primary Care Centre from Park Lane by bus. I've visited the old health centre, dentist part I think, many years ago and there was direct foot access from the Galleries, but I can't tell if it's as easy to reach the new building. Is it well sign-posted from the bus station and easy to find? This is for someone with a poor sense of direction and having not visited the Galleries for many years too!

Tom

06 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm #2
(06 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm)Brandon I'm trying to find the best route for someone to get to the new Washington Primary Care Centre from Park Lane by bus. I've visited the old health centre, dentist part I think, many years ago and there was direct foot access from the Galleries, but I can't tell if it's as easy to reach the new building. Is it well sign-posted from the bus station and easy to find? This is for someone with a poor sense of direction and having not visited the Galleries for many years too!

I'd recommend getting the 35/35A to Houghton-le-Spring Brinkburn and a short walk there...
Tom
06 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm #2

(06 Mar 2013, 8:36 pm)Brandon I'm trying to find the best route for someone to get to the new Washington Primary Care Centre from Park Lane by bus. I've visited the old health centre, dentist part I think, many years ago and there was direct foot access from the Galleries, but I can't tell if it's as easy to reach the new building. Is it well sign-posted from the bus station and easy to find? This is for someone with a poor sense of direction and having not visited the Galleries for many years too!

I'd recommend getting the 35/35A to Houghton-le-Spring Brinkburn and a short walk there...

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Mar 2013, 7:54 am #3
If it's where I think it is (just before the Galleries), then you can't miss it.

If you get the 2A, you directly pass it. If you get the 2C, it's a matter of your knowledge of the area - which, by your OP, sounds as though it's somewhat limited!

So from Park Lane, get the 2A. About 5 minutes before the bus is due at the Galleries, keep on looking out of the left hand side window. You'll pass it, and then seconds after, you'll see the Gala Bingo on the right hand side. You need to be pressing the bell as soon as you see the Gala Bingo, and walk back to the Care Centre the way the bus came. Smile
Dan
07 Mar 2013, 7:54 am #3

If it's where I think it is (just before the Galleries), then you can't miss it.

If you get the 2A, you directly pass it. If you get the 2C, it's a matter of your knowledge of the area - which, by your OP, sounds as though it's somewhat limited!

So from Park Lane, get the 2A. About 5 minutes before the bus is due at the Galleries, keep on looking out of the left hand side window. You'll pass it, and then seconds after, you'll see the Gala Bingo on the right hand side. You need to be pressing the bell as soon as you see the Gala Bingo, and walk back to the Care Centre the way the bus came. Smile

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

07 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm #4
(07 Mar 2013, 7:54 am)Daniel If it's where I think it is (just before the Galleries), then you can't miss it.

Cheers! It seems the old building was much better connected to the Galleries, I remember a direct footway across from the shopping centre but it seems to have all changed now! If that's where it is, now I think about it I think the 8 goes that way too, but goes to the Galleries first then back out from there. Could be easier to say just get off at the first stop after Galleries Smile

I'll pass on your 2A suggestion too though! I don't think I've ever actually travelled on the 2A, always been the 2C for no apparent reason other than luck! Big Grin

Cheers!
NEB Admin Team
07 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm #4

(07 Mar 2013, 7:54 am)Daniel If it's where I think it is (just before the Galleries), then you can't miss it.

Cheers! It seems the old building was much better connected to the Galleries, I remember a direct footway across from the shopping centre but it seems to have all changed now! If that's where it is, now I think about it I think the 8 goes that way too, but goes to the Galleries first then back out from there. Could be easier to say just get off at the first stop after Galleries Smile

I'll pass on your 2A suggestion too though! I don't think I've ever actually travelled on the 2A, always been the 2C for no apparent reason other than luck! Big Grin

Cheers!

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Mar 2013, 7:29 am #5
(07 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm)Brandon

Cheers!

Yeah, that's right. Bound for Stanley, it stops on the other side of the road. Wink
Dan
08 Mar 2013, 7:29 am #5

(07 Mar 2013, 10:19 pm)Brandon

Cheers!

Yeah, that's right. Bound for Stanley, it stops on the other side of the road. Wink

Michael

21 Aug 2013, 9:27 am #6
Hi, im gonna apply for a job but im stuck, traveline isnt helping

Is their any buses which go along beach road in south shields.

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Aug 2013, 9:27 am #6

Hi, im gonna apply for a job but im stuck, traveline isnt helping

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

21 Aug 2013, 9:36 am #7
(21 Aug 2013, 9:27 am)Michael Hi, im gonna apply for a job but im stuck, traveline isnt helping

Thanks

The 10 and 11.
Tom
21 Aug 2013, 9:36 am #7

(21 Aug 2013, 9:27 am)Michael Hi, im gonna apply for a job but im stuck, traveline isnt helping

Thanks

The 10 and 11.

Michael

21 Aug 2013, 10:04 am #8
Im trying to stick to the E's because i live in Sunderland. (because i have to buy a megarider + plus its cheaper than using GNE

Ive worked it out on timetable only... because traveline is all GNE buses

6:09 Number 4 to Vine Place

6:30 - E1 to Ocean Road

Should get me their for just after 7am
Edited 21 Aug 2013, 10:06 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Aug 2013, 10:04 am #8

Im trying to stick to the E's because i live in Sunderland. (because i have to buy a megarider + plus its cheaper than using GNE

Ive worked it out on timetable only... because traveline is all GNE buses

6:09 Number 4 to Vine Place

6:30 - E1 to Ocean Road

Should get me their for just after 7am

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2013, 9:58 am #9
Just moved the above posts over to this thread. It's an already established thread that seems to have been forgotten about! Wink
Dan
22 Aug 2013, 9:58 am #9

Just moved the above posts over to this thread. It's an already established thread that seems to have been forgotten about! Wink

Andreos1

22 Aug 2013, 10:37 am #10
Can anyone advise how to get from Fatfield to Fencehouses after 8 tomorrow night please and the return times - apart from having to get a taxi and also I don't fancy walking cos it's supposed to rain.
Andreos1
22 Aug 2013, 10:37 am #10

Can anyone advise how to get from Fatfield to Fencehouses after 8 tomorrow night please and the return times - apart from having to get a taxi and also I don't fancy walking cos it's supposed to rain.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2013, 10:53 am #11
(22 Aug 2013, 10:37 am)Andreos1 Can anyone advise how to get from Fatfield to Fencehouses after 8 tomorrow night please and the return times - apart from having to get a taxi and also I don't fancy walking cos it's supposed to rain.

[Image: 47924d1359652284-how-many-severe-boating...8chan.jpeg]
Dan
22 Aug 2013, 10:53 am #11

(22 Aug 2013, 10:37 am)Andreos1 Can anyone advise how to get from Fatfield to Fencehouses after 8 tomorrow night please and the return times - apart from having to get a taxi and also I don't fancy walking cos it's supposed to rain.

[Image: 47924d1359652284-how-many-severe-boating...8chan.jpeg]

MurdnunoC

22 Aug 2013, 11:01 am #12

A trick question, but I'll oblige you anyways.Wink

To make the journey from Fatfield to Fencehouses, you could catch the M1 from Fatfield at 20:08; arriving in Fencehouses at 20:21.

It is possible, presuming you wanted to return to Fatfield straight away, to catch the 20:22 M1 from Fencehouses back to Fatfield.

However, because passenger loadings on the return journey have been rather low in the latter part of the evening, this has forced us to curtail the route from Heworth at Fatfield to save costs (those shareholders need a return on their investments you know Wink).

As an alternative, may I recommend catching the Compass operated 79A to Houghton-le-Spring; catch the 20 to Sunderland Park Lane Interchange; then catch the 2C to Fatfield. This journey may well be less convenient and more costly and time-consuming, but at least you won't get wet!

Your thanks is not necessary, it has already been accepted.
MurdnunoC
22 Aug 2013, 11:01 am #12

A trick question, but I'll oblige you anyways.Wink

To make the journey from Fatfield to Fencehouses, you could catch the M1 from Fatfield at 20:08; arriving in Fencehouses at 20:21.

It is possible, presuming you wanted to return to Fatfield straight away, to catch the 20:22 M1 from Fencehouses back to Fatfield.

However, because passenger loadings on the return journey have been rather low in the latter part of the evening, this has forced us to curtail the route from Heworth at Fatfield to save costs (those shareholders need a return on their investments you know Wink).

As an alternative, may I recommend catching the Compass operated 79A to Houghton-le-Spring; catch the 20 to Sunderland Park Lane Interchange; then catch the 2C to Fatfield. This journey may well be less convenient and more costly and time-consuming, but at least you won't get wet!

Your thanks is not necessary, it has already been accepted.

Andreos1

22 Aug 2013, 11:07 am #13
@ AdamY Thats great!
Thanks for that.

What time is the bus after the 20.08 one? I'm always running late and will probably miss it.

What is the latest 79a I can get to Houghton, that will connect with the 20 and 2c?

What sort of ticket do I need?

@Daniel Dunno what you mean haha
Andreos1
22 Aug 2013, 11:07 am #13

@ AdamY Thats great!
Thanks for that.

What time is the bus after the 20.08 one? I'm always running late and will probably miss it.

What is the latest 79a I can get to Houghton, that will connect with the 20 and 2c?

What sort of ticket do I need?

@Daniel Dunno what you mean haha

MurdnunoC

22 Aug 2013, 11:38 am #14
Dear Andreos1

Adam has left work for this evening. It is therefore left to I, Cliff Hignett, to address your travelling queries.

(22 Aug 2013, 11:07 am)Andreos1 What time is the bus after the 20.08 one? I'm always running late and will probably miss it.

If you're always running late and will probably miss the bus the I would seriously question your suitability as a passenger on our public transportation network. Our reliability rate is in the upper ninetieth percentile and our passenger satisfaction level currently stands at 87 per cent. Our passengers wouldn't accept our buses constantly arriving late, so, as a passenger on our services, we wouldn't expect you to be late. May I recommend a more reliable timepiece; a diary to help organise your time better; or, perhaps, a car.

However, if you are running late, you could always catch the 20:15 2C from Fatfield to Shiney Row (arriving 20:19). The 79A departs from Shiney Row at 20:25, arriving at your destination for around 20:43.

Quote:What is the latest 79a I can get to Houghton, that will connect with the 20 and 2c?

Adam was wrong on this occasion. You can make the return journey using the connections I referenced earlier. On weekdays, you latest 79a you can catch departs from Fencehouses at 22:37, arriving at Shiney Row at 22:56. The connecting 2C arrives at 22:57 arriving at Fatfield four minutes later. However, on Fridays, you can catch the 23:34 79A from Fencehouses to catch the 23:57 2C from Shiney Row.

Quote:What sort of ticket do I need?

A £6.80 day rover will cover you for multi-operator transportation options.

Thanks for your enquiry,

Kind Regards,

Cliff Hignett
(Self-appointed Tyne and Wear Public Transport Guru)
MurdnunoC
22 Aug 2013, 11:38 am #14

Dear Andreos1

Adam has left work for this evening. It is therefore left to I, Cliff Hignett, to address your travelling queries.

(22 Aug 2013, 11:07 am)Andreos1 What time is the bus after the 20.08 one? I'm always running late and will probably miss it.

If you're always running late and will probably miss the bus the I would seriously question your suitability as a passenger on our public transportation network. Our reliability rate is in the upper ninetieth percentile and our passenger satisfaction level currently stands at 87 per cent. Our passengers wouldn't accept our buses constantly arriving late, so, as a passenger on our services, we wouldn't expect you to be late. May I recommend a more reliable timepiece; a diary to help organise your time better; or, perhaps, a car.

However, if you are running late, you could always catch the 20:15 2C from Fatfield to Shiney Row (arriving 20:19). The 79A departs from Shiney Row at 20:25, arriving at your destination for around 20:43.

Quote:What is the latest 79a I can get to Houghton, that will connect with the 20 and 2c?

Adam was wrong on this occasion. You can make the return journey using the connections I referenced earlier. On weekdays, you latest 79a you can catch departs from Fencehouses at 22:37, arriving at Shiney Row at 22:56. The connecting 2C arrives at 22:57 arriving at Fatfield four minutes later. However, on Fridays, you can catch the 23:34 79A from Fencehouses to catch the 23:57 2C from Shiney Row.

Quote:What sort of ticket do I need?

Thanks for your enquiry,

Kind Regards,

Cliff Hignett

Andreos1

22 Aug 2013, 11:51 am #15
(22 Aug 2013, 11:38 am)AdamY Dear Andreos1

Thanks for your enquiry,

Kind Regards,

Cliff Hignett

Cheers Cliff!
Taken heed of your advice and bought a diary - trust that Adam to have got it wrong though. He doesn't even get close to reaching your high standards! However the one minute connection at Shiney is leaving it a bit tight - especially when I would have to walk the gauntlet past the several watering holes in the area
Edited 22 Aug 2013, 11:51 am by Andreos1.
Andreos1
22 Aug 2013, 11:51 am #15

(22 Aug 2013, 11:38 am)AdamY Dear Andreos1

Thanks for your enquiry,

Kind Regards,

Cliff Hignett

Cheers Cliff!
Taken heed of your advice and bought a diary - trust that Adam to have got it wrong though. He doesn't even get close to reaching your high standards! However the one minute connection at Shiney is leaving it a bit tight - especially when I would have to walk the gauntlet past the several watering holes in the area

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm #16
@cliff hignet who asked u 2 ansa me like that i asked go north east not u
who r u do not speak 2 me like that. is ur name go north east i think not
bet u r a bloody bus spota
Dan
22 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm #16

@cliff hignet who asked u 2 ansa me like that i asked go north east not u

MurdnunoC

22 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm #17
(22 Aug 2013, 11:51 am)Andreos1 Cheers Cliff!

No problem, I wish others were appreciative of my advice. The amount of criticism and abuse I receive on social-networking sites is quite startling to say the least. After all, I am only trying to offer assistance to transport users when certain providers have gone offline.

Glad I could help,

Cliff Hignett.
MurdnunoC
22 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm #17

(22 Aug 2013, 11:51 am)Andreos1 Cheers Cliff!

No problem, I wish others were appreciative of my advice. The amount of criticism and abuse I receive on social-networking sites is quite startling to say the least. After all, I am only trying to offer assistance to transport users when certain providers have gone offline.

Glad I could help,

Cliff Hignett.

MurdnunoC

22 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm #18
(22 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm)Daniel @cliff hignet who asked u 2 ansa me like that i asked go north east not u

I am posting in an open forum environment. If you don't like it, complain. Lets see how far you get!

Regards,

Cliff
Edited 22 Aug 2013, 12:07 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
22 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm #18

(22 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm)Daniel @cliff hignet who asked u 2 ansa me like that i asked go north east not u

I am posting in an open forum environment. If you don't like it, complain. Lets see how far you get!

Regards,

Cliff

Malarkey

22 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm #19
Cliff Hignett
[/quote]

Hahahaha if he put that himself, that is pure brilliance at it's finest
Malarkey
22 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm #19

Cliff Hignett
[/quote]

Hahahaha if he put that himself, that is pure brilliance at it's finest

Andreos1

15 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm #20
Genuine question - on the CrossCountry app, a journey to arrive into Chester le Street at 10.20am on a Sunday from Blackpool, states the first part of the journey is at 03.20 on a bus to Manchester.

Does anyone know how genuine this is?
It does involve a 2hr wait at 5.25 in the morning in Manchester though...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm #20

Genuine question - on the CrossCountry app, a journey to arrive into Chester le Street at 10.20am on a Sunday from Blackpool, states the first part of the journey is at 03.20 on a bus to Manchester.

Does anyone know how genuine this is?
It does involve a 2hr wait at 5.25 in the morning in Manchester though...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (21): 1 2 321 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average