Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (5): 1 2 35 Next
Andreos1

22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm #1
We haven't had a new thread for a while - so let's start one.

I imagine there will be lots of nominations, so will start it off.

My first nomination goes to the driving instructor getting his learner driver to practice parallel parking about 250yds down the road from St Leonards in Durham. At chucking out time.
Edited 23 Feb 2016, 7:25 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm #1

We haven't had a new thread for a while - so let's start one.

My first nomination goes to the driving instructor getting his learner driver to practice parallel parking about 250yds down the road from St Leonards in Durham. At chucking out time.

Adrian

22 Feb 2016, 7:08 pm #2
(22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 My first nomination goes to the driving instructor getting his learner driver to practice parallel parking about 250yds down the road from St Leonards in Durham. At chucking out time.

Brilliant. I appreciate that everyone needs to learn, but it's too unpredictable for kids weaving in and out of parked cars. I feel sorry for the learner to be put into that situation.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Feb 2016, 7:08 pm #2

(22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 My first nomination goes to the driving instructor getting his learner driver to practice parallel parking about 250yds down the road from St Leonards in Durham. At chucking out time.

Brilliant. I appreciate that everyone needs to learn, but it's too unpredictable for kids weaving in and out of parked cars. I feel sorry for the learner to be put into that situation.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

BusLoverMum

22 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm #3
(22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 We haven't had a new thread for a while - so let's start one.

Oh, god, that poor learner driver. It'd be like driving through a herd of sarcastic sheep!
BusLoverMum
22 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm #3

(22 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 We haven't had a new thread for a while - so let's start one.

Oh, god, that poor learner driver. It'd be like driving through a herd of sarcastic sheep!

James101

22 Feb 2016, 7:29 pm #4

I endured a similar experience during my actual test! The pressure must have helped as I passed that attempt unlike the first one where I failed on a reverse-around-corner on a cul-de-sac.
James101
22 Feb 2016, 7:29 pm #4

I endured a similar experience during my actual test! The pressure must have helped as I passed that attempt unlike the first one where I failed on a reverse-around-corner on a cul-de-sac.

Andreos1

22 Feb 2016, 8:05 pm #5
(22 Feb 2016, 7:08 pm)Adrian Brilliant. I appreciate that everyone needs to learn, but it's too unpredictable for kids weaving in and out of parked cars. I feel sorry for the learner to be put into that situation.

(22 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm)BusLoverMum Oh, god, that poor learner driver. It'd be like driving through a herd of sarcastic sheep!

And the added pressure of city centre traffic, building up in either direction.

(22 Feb 2016, 7:29 pm)James101 I endured a similar experience during my actual test! The pressure must have helped as I passed that attempt unlike the first one where I failed on a reverse-around-corner on a cul-de-sac.

Failed my first one for rolling down a hill backwards on my hill start.
Felt so confident for the first half a mile - then that happened!

Andreos1
22 Feb 2016, 8:05 pm #5

(22 Feb 2016, 7:08 pm)Adrian Brilliant. I appreciate that everyone needs to learn, but it's too unpredictable for kids weaving in and out of parked cars. I feel sorry for the learner to be put into that situation.

(22 Feb 2016, 7:24 pm)BusLoverMum Oh, god, that poor learner driver. It'd be like driving through a herd of sarcastic sheep!

And the added pressure of city centre traffic, building up in either direction.

(22 Feb 2016, 7:29 pm)James101 I endured a similar experience during my actual test! The pressure must have helped as I passed that attempt unlike the first one where I failed on a reverse-around-corner on a cul-de-sac.

Failed my first one for rolling down a hill backwards on my hill start.
Felt so confident for the first half a mile - then that happened!

Andreos1

16 Mar 2016, 8:29 pm #6
The driver of a Ford Ka coming from the direction of Retail World and approachig the Kingsway roundabout.

They pulled behind a Ford Focus that was parked on the give way lines at the roundabout.

What the driver of the Ka didn't realise was that the Focus driver had broken down and had his hazards on.
A good few moments passed (including a spell poised to pull away after checking the road was clear) before the Ka driver realised her mistake.

Andreos1
16 Mar 2016, 8:29 pm #6

The driver of a Ford Ka coming from the direction of Retail World and approachig the Kingsway roundabout.

They pulled behind a Ford Focus that was parked on the give way lines at the roundabout.

What the driver of the Ka didn't realise was that the Focus driver had broken down and had his hazards on.
A good few moments passed (including a spell poised to pull away after checking the road was clear) before the Ka driver realised her mistake.

Andreos1

18 Mar 2016, 8:27 am #7
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebr...05926.html

Wayne Rooney is todays entrant.

Andreos1
18 Mar 2016, 8:27 am #7

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebr...05926.html

Wayne Rooney is todays entrant.

Andreos1

30 Mar 2016, 6:30 pm #8
Bloke on the train.
Must have been sitting there 2 hours before he suddenly remembered about the Burger King in his rucksack.

He was looking gloomy and suddenly perked up, before rummaging and pulling out a soggy, brown bag.
He devoured the 'sweaty' chips and disected his burger in minutes.

Andreos1
30 Mar 2016, 6:30 pm #8

Bloke on the train.
Must have been sitting there 2 hours before he suddenly remembered about the Burger King in his rucksack.

He was looking gloomy and suddenly perked up, before rummaging and pulling out a soggy, brown bag.

31 Mar 2016, 11:48 am #9
(30 Mar 2016, 6:30 pm)Andreos1
Bloke on the train.

David Attenborough could've narrated that... Wink

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
31 Mar 2016, 11:48 am #9

(30 Mar 2016, 6:30 pm)Andreos1
Bloke on the train.

David Attenborough could've narrated that... Wink

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

02 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm #10
A group of idiots that complained about me jumping the bus queue when I was the 3rd person in the queue. I went on behind the two people before me. What makes it more embarrassing is that that group are less polite and less friendly than a 3 year old girl.
neilwatson
02 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm #10

A group of idiots that complained about me jumping the bus queue when I was the 3rd person in the queue. I went on behind the two people before me. What makes it more embarrassing is that that group are less polite and less friendly than a 3 year old girl.

BusLoverMum

02 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm #11
(02 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm)neilwatson A group of idiots that complained about me jumping the bus queue when I was the 3rd person in the queue. I went on behind the two people before me. What makes it more embarrassing is that that group are less polite and less friendly than a 3 year old girl.

Eh? Huh
BusLoverMum
02 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm #11

(02 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm)neilwatson A group of idiots that complained about me jumping the bus queue when I was the 3rd person in the queue. I went on behind the two people before me. What makes it more embarrassing is that that group are less polite and less friendly than a 3 year old girl.

Eh? Huh

Jimmi

02 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm #12
My contribution for this thread today, although it's technically numpties of the day:

Had a short stopover in York this morning on my trip, decided to get some snaps of Transdev's new CityZap service during this time, got one shot which is the one on my Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/FuCWdC  but I fancied another, so I walked a bit further up the road outside the rail station, there was another two enthusiast's getting photos of it so I walked a bit further up the road to where a pelican crossing was and there was two woman stood there in my way chatting away without a care in the world, after one minute I thought, they are going to stay there until the lights change, after two minutes I discovered that they hadn't pressed the button so I had to press it for them, had I not pressed it goodness knows how long they would have been there! Annoying when the lights changed they took their sweet time to cross and annoyingly the CityZap had pulled off the stand and was sat at the lights. Managed to get a shot, just!

I know this makes me come across as an arsehole but it amazes me how people will stand at a pelican crossing and not press the button and expect the lights to change for them! Huh
Jimmi
02 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm #12

My contribution for this thread today, although it's technically numpties of the day:

Had a short stopover in York this morning on my trip, decided to get some snaps of Transdev's new CityZap service during this time, got one shot which is the one on my Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/FuCWdC  but I fancied another, so I walked a bit further up the road outside the rail station, there was another two enthusiast's getting photos of it so I walked a bit further up the road to where a pelican crossing was and there was two woman stood there in my way chatting away without a care in the world, after one minute I thought, they are going to stay there until the lights change, after two minutes I discovered that they hadn't pressed the button so I had to press it for them, had I not pressed it goodness knows how long they would have been there! Annoying when the lights changed they took their sweet time to cross and annoyingly the CityZap had pulled off the stand and was sat at the lights. Managed to get a shot, just!

I know this makes me come across as an arsehole but it amazes me how people will stand at a pelican crossing and not press the button and expect the lights to change for them! Huh

BusLoverMum

02 Apr 2016, 8:52 pm #13
(02 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm)Jimmi My contribution for this thread today, although it's technically numpties of the day:

Happens all the time at the crossings by the university at Haymarket. I was amused, the other week, to discover that nothing whatsoever has changed in the years since I was a student.
BusLoverMum
02 Apr 2016, 8:52 pm #13

(02 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm)Jimmi My contribution for this thread today, although it's technically numpties of the day:

Happens all the time at the crossings by the university at Haymarket. I was amused, the other week, to discover that nothing whatsoever has changed in the years since I was a student.

02 Apr 2016, 9:00 pm #14
(02 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm)BusLoverMum Eh? Huh

Two friends invited me and a few other people to a barbecue in Durham.  I was playing football with her and her dad and a couple of their friends.
neilwatson
02 Apr 2016, 9:00 pm #14

(02 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm)BusLoverMum Eh? Huh

Two friends invited me and a few other people to a barbecue in Durham.  I was playing football with her and her dad and a couple of their friends.

03 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm #15
Went to Whitley Bay to get a quiet day on the Metro Replacements...... They finished yesterday.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
03 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm #15

Went to Whitley Bay to get a quiet day on the Metro Replacements...... They finished yesterday.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

03 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm #16
(03 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)South Tyne Lad Went to Whitley Bay to get a quiet day on the Metro Replacements...... They finished yesterday.

They finished mid-morning Tongue
omnicity4659
03 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm #16

(03 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)South Tyne Lad Went to Whitley Bay to get a quiet day on the Metro Replacements...... They finished yesterday.

They finished mid-morning Tongue

03 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm #17
(03 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm)GX03 SVC They finished mid-morning Tongue

Today? Even worse then, I arrived at 2PM haha.

South Tyne Lad
03 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm #17

(03 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm)GX03 SVC They finished mid-morning Tongue

Today? Even worse then, I arrived at 2PM haha.

BusLoverMum

06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am #18
The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Anyhow, just saw a true numpty somehow turn their car about 40 degrees and drive right into the big concrete central reservation, before righting themselves and driving off, a headlight down.
BusLoverMum
06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am #18

The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Anyhow, just saw a true numpty somehow turn their car about 40 degrees and drive right into the big concrete central reservation, before righting themselves and driving off, a headlight down.

06 Apr 2016, 11:31 am #19
(06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am)BusLoverMum The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Thanks for the info, I have just told my mam just I am heading north on the A1 to my house from London, I Am currently in the Newark area
NK53 TKT
06 Apr 2016, 11:31 am #19

(06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am)BusLoverMum The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Thanks for the info, I have just told my mam just I am heading north on the A1 to my house from London, I Am currently in the Newark area

BusLoverMum

06 Apr 2016, 11:56 am #20
(06 Apr 2016, 11:31 am)NK53 TKT Thanks for the info, I have just told my mam just I am heading north on the A1 to my house from London, I Am currently in the Newark area

The hold up was an accident between birtley and the other end of team valley according to the travel feeds on Twitter. Didn't look at the highways agency website to find out exactly where.
BusLoverMum
06 Apr 2016, 11:56 am #20

(06 Apr 2016, 11:31 am)NK53 TKT Thanks for the info, I have just told my mam just I am heading north on the A1 to my house from London, I Am currently in the Newark area

The hold up was an accident between birtley and the other end of team valley according to the travel feeds on Twitter. Didn't look at the highways agency website to find out exactly where.

Pages (5): 1 2 35 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average