Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (55) Previous 121 22 2355 Next
tyresmoke

04 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm #421
(04 Mar 2016, 12:04 pm)Michael Deleted my last post, as to many edits.....

Spotted this on the GNE page:

Hi Go North East. Is it true Arriva have lost the contract for the evening shift of the 82 bus that goes through Birtley? If so will you be taking over full contract and running the bus through Northside? Last bus up here 7.20 on a night and doesn't run on a Sunday. My work is compromised as I can't work past 7 o clock as have to run for last bus or taxi. Can't do later shifts as can't get home.

GNE reply: Any changes to the 82 service will be announced on our website in advance of it's implementation. Unfortunately I have no further details at this present moment in time, apologies.

------------------------------------------------------

From Arriva North East on Facebook:

We will no longer be operating this Nexus contracted service after 21st May. The comments will need to be directed to Nexus. Thanks

-------------

Wonder who has won the 82 then... GNE?

GCT lost the 71A on a night... Could be them - or Stanley Travel!
tyresmoke
04 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm #421

(04 Mar 2016, 12:04 pm)Michael Deleted my last post, as to many edits.....

Spotted this on the GNE page:

Hi Go North East. Is it true Arriva have lost the contract for the evening shift of the 82 bus that goes through Birtley? If so will you be taking over full contract and running the bus through Northside? Last bus up here 7.20 on a night and doesn't run on a Sunday. My work is compromised as I can't work past 7 o clock as have to run for last bus or taxi. Can't do later shifts as can't get home.

GNE reply: Any changes to the 82 service will be announced on our website in advance of it's implementation. Unfortunately I have no further details at this present moment in time, apologies.

------------------------------------------------------

From Arriva North East on Facebook:

We will no longer be operating this Nexus contracted service after 21st May. The comments will need to be directed to Nexus. Thanks

-------------

Wonder who has won the 82 then... GNE?

GCT lost the 71A on a night... Could be them - or Stanley Travel!

Michael

04 Mar 2016, 9:14 pm #422
(04 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm)tyresmoke GCT lost the 71A on a night... Could be them - or Stanley Travel!

Although i'd like to see the likes of GCT more work... I would also like to see GNE run the 82/83.. as they run it during the day...

Same as any other service

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Mar 2016, 9:14 pm #422

(04 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm)tyresmoke GCT lost the 71A on a night... Could be them - or Stanley Travel!

Although i'd like to see the likes of GCT more work... I would also like to see GNE run the 82/83.. as they run it during the day...

Same as any other service

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

05 Mar 2016, 9:45 am #423
It will be interesting to see if Nexus amend the secured portion of the 82 as the extension to Northside was made after the last contract started. If my memory is coerect.
They may feel there is no need to send it up there on a night. Just as GNE could if they decide to operate it commercially.

I remember Stanley having a secured Washington - Chester service (can't remember the service number, but it served Fatfield once the last 777 had run). The contract ended about 10/12 years ago. Whether they ended it or Nexus/DCC did I am not sure, but there were a number of ocassions the service didnt run at all, due to the weather conditions in Stanley.
Obviously they have other options/facilities now.

Edit: I think it was Veiola who got the contract after Stanley.
I remember using it a couple of times.
Edited 05 Mar 2016, 10:02 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Mar 2016, 9:45 am #423

It will be interesting to see if Nexus amend the secured portion of the 82 as the extension to Northside was made after the last contract started. If my memory is coerect.
They may feel there is no need to send it up there on a night. Just as GNE could if they decide to operate it commercially.

I remember Stanley having a secured Washington - Chester service (can't remember the service number, but it served Fatfield once the last 777 had run). The contract ended about 10/12 years ago. Whether they ended it or Nexus/DCC did I am not sure, but there were a number of ocassions the service didnt run at all, due to the weather conditions in Stanley.

05 Mar 2016, 10:25 am #424
(05 Mar 2016, 9:45 am)Andreos1 It will be interesting to see if Nexus amend the secured portion of the 82 as the extension to Northside was made after the last contract started. If my memory is coerect.

Probs GNE, definitely not Stagecoach though!
NK53 TKT
05 Mar 2016, 10:25 am #424

(05 Mar 2016, 9:45 am)Andreos1 It will be interesting to see if Nexus amend the secured portion of the 82 as the extension to Northside was made after the last contract started. If my memory is coerect.

Probs GNE, definitely not Stagecoach though!

Andreos1

05 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm #425
(05 Mar 2016, 10:25 am)NK53 TKT Probs GNE, definitely not Stagecoach though!

I wonder if it would be viable for JH?

Andreos1
05 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm #425

(05 Mar 2016, 10:25 am)NK53 TKT Probs GNE, definitely not Stagecoach though!

I wonder if it would be viable for JH?

citaro5284

06 Mar 2016, 8:14 am #426
(05 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm)Andreos1 I wonder if it would be viable for JH?

Do JH do any evening work for Nexus or is it all daytime work currently?
citaro5284
06 Mar 2016, 8:14 am #426

(05 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm)Andreos1 I wonder if it would be viable for JH?

Do JH do any evening work for Nexus or is it all daytime work currently?

06 Mar 2016, 8:55 am #427
(06 Mar 2016, 8:14 am)citaro5284 Do JH do any evening work for Nexus or is it all daytime work currently?

In the past, classic buses used to do some evening services, 538 sunderland to jarrow iirc, seen as jh and classic merged i wouldn't be surprised to see jh buses running out later.
wise owl
06 Mar 2016, 8:55 am #427

(06 Mar 2016, 8:14 am)citaro5284 Do JH do any evening work for Nexus or is it all daytime work currently?

In the past, classic buses used to do some evening services, 538 sunderland to jarrow iirc, seen as jh and classic merged i wouldn't be surprised to see jh buses running out later.

Jimmi

06 Mar 2016, 9:10 am #428
Think they only have the 23 and then a few runs on a works bus service both using the Primo. Don't think they have enough buses to use on Nexus contract services unless you can use the Darts or a double decker.
Jimmi
06 Mar 2016, 9:10 am #428

Think they only have the 23 and then a few runs on a works bus service both using the Primo. Don't think they have enough buses to use on Nexus contract services unless you can use the Darts or a double decker.

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Mar 2016, 9:14 am #429
(06 Mar 2016, 9:10 am)Jimmi Think they only have the 23 and then a few runs on a works bus service both using the Primo. Don't think they have enough buses to use on Nexus contract services unless you can use the Darts or a double decker.

The Dart and Volvo B10BLE are both allocated to scholars services in Sunderland.
Dan
06 Mar 2016, 9:14 am #429

(06 Mar 2016, 9:10 am)Jimmi Think they only have the 23 and then a few runs on a works bus service both using the Primo. Don't think they have enough buses to use on Nexus contract services unless you can use the Darts or a double decker.

The Dart and Volvo B10BLE are both allocated to scholars services in Sunderland.

Jimmi

06 Mar 2016, 9:17 am #430
(06 Mar 2016, 9:14 am)Dan The Dart and Volvo B10BLE are both allocated to scholars services in Sunderland.
Not 100% on what they use when the Primo is off, the only photo I've seen of something other than the Primo on the 23 is the Dart although this was a Saturday.
Jimmi
06 Mar 2016, 9:17 am #430

(06 Mar 2016, 9:14 am)Dan The Dart and Volvo B10BLE are both allocated to scholars services in Sunderland.
Not 100% on what they use when the Primo is off, the only photo I've seen of something other than the Primo on the 23 is the Dart although this was a Saturday.

Andreos1

06 Mar 2016, 10:21 am #431

As has been said, just daytime work at present.
I suppose evening work could be the natural step, particularly in this case when dead mileage would be negligable.

It would all depend on how it would fit in with the rest of JH's current ops and staffing though.

Andreos1
06 Mar 2016, 10:21 am #431

As has been said, just daytime work at present.
I suppose evening work could be the natural step, particularly in this case when dead mileage would be negligable.

It would all depend on how it would fit in with the rest of JH's current ops and staffing though.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm #432
(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Services 77/77A (Gilley Law - Sunderland - Docks - Gilley Law)
Contract Period: 22/05/2016 - 20/05/2017
Currently operated by Stagecoach North East, as services 5/5A.

Contractual requirements:
Daily
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 36.

This contract was revised last week.

The Monday - Saturday daytime journeys will no longer be secured by Nexus. A bus operator in the region will operate the City Centre - Docks section of the route on a commercial basis, and Stagecoach will continue to operate the western section of the 5/5A services on a commercial basis.

There will now only be one secured 77 service Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law. Appears to be no visible changes to the Sunday timetable.

Operators may bid for this contract until 15/03/16.
Dan
11 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm #432

(27 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm)Dan Services 77/77A (Gilley Law - Sunderland - Docks - Gilley Law)
Contract Period: 22/05/2016 - 20/05/2017
Currently operated by Stagecoach North East, as services 5/5A.

Contractual requirements:
Daily
1x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 36.

This contract was revised last week.

The Monday - Saturday daytime journeys will no longer be secured by Nexus. A bus operator in the region will operate the City Centre - Docks section of the route on a commercial basis, and Stagecoach will continue to operate the western section of the 5/5A services on a commercial basis.

There will now only be one secured 77 service Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law. Appears to be no visible changes to the Sunday timetable.

Michael

11 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm #433
(11 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm)Dan This contract was revised last week.

Interesting that NEXUS won't fund it expect for a 1 run and on a evening.... wonder if any company would want to run it though- not sure how many people use it between the City Centre and the Docks... maybe it does give some profit. 

So the evening and Sunday services will be the 77A - wonder if Megariders will be accepted on the route as Stagecoach fund the route themselves between Gilley Law and City Centre on a Monday - Saturday daytime.... of course that will only be if Stagecoach don't get the contract.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm #433

(11 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm)Dan This contract was revised last week.

Interesting that NEXUS won't fund it expect for a 1 run and on a evening.... wonder if any company would want to run it though- not sure how many people use it between the City Centre and the Docks... maybe it does give some profit. 

So the evening and Sunday services will be the 77A - wonder if Megariders will be accepted on the route as Stagecoach fund the route themselves between Gilley Law and City Centre on a Monday - Saturday daytime.... of course that will only be if Stagecoach don't get the contract.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

13 Mar 2016, 8:21 pm #434
(11 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm)Michael Interesting that NEXUS won't fund it expect for a 1 run and on a evening.... wonder if any company would want to run it though- not sure how many people use it between the City Centre and the Docks... maybe it does give some profit. 

Just re-thinking over the contract, why can't Stagecoach keep it and run it as the 5 and just use the 77A on a evening and Sunday?

It sounds better and keeps its current route without the need to change buses in the City Centre.

If the contract is changing i would expect Stagecoach to change the services just to the 5, not need for the 5A, as the routes are the same until the City Centre, when they split off different ways to the docks.
Edited 13 Mar 2016, 8:23 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Mar 2016, 8:21 pm #434

(11 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm)Michael Interesting that NEXUS won't fund it expect for a 1 run and on a evening.... wonder if any company would want to run it though- not sure how many people use it between the City Centre and the Docks... maybe it does give some profit. 

Just re-thinking over the contract, why can't Stagecoach keep it and run it as the 5 and just use the 77A on a evening and Sunday?

It sounds better and keeps its current route without the need to change buses in the City Centre.

If the contract is changing i would expect Stagecoach to change the services just to the 5, not need for the 5A, as the routes are the same until the City Centre, when they split off different ways to the docks.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Mar 2016, 5:51 am #435
(13 Mar 2016, 8:21 pm)Michael Just re-thinking over the contract, why can't Stagecoach keep it and run it as the 5 and just use the 77A on a evening and Sunday?

Stagecoach mightn't see the commercial opportunity in running the service (based on their knowledge of passenger numbers and trends), however other operators might.

Depending on running times of the current commercially-operated 5 service, it may mean that they have to have a bus sitting around in the City Centre for 25 minutes, now that it won't head shoot off down to The Docks.

This would then impact on how much profit Stagecoach makes, as they have a bus and driver being unproductive for a long period of time.
Dan
14 Mar 2016, 5:51 am #435

(13 Mar 2016, 8:21 pm)Michael Just re-thinking over the contract, why can't Stagecoach keep it and run it as the 5 and just use the 77A on a evening and Sunday?

Stagecoach mightn't see the commercial opportunity in running the service (based on their knowledge of passenger numbers and trends), however other operators might.

Depending on running times of the current commercially-operated 5 service, it may mean that they have to have a bus sitting around in the City Centre for 25 minutes, now that it won't head shoot off down to The Docks.

This would then impact on how much profit Stagecoach makes, as they have a bus and driver being unproductive for a long period of time.

Deleted

15 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm #436
(14 Mar 2016, 5:51 am)Dan Stagecoach mightn't see the commercial opportunity in running the service (based on their knowledge of passenger numbers and trends), however other operators might.

The loop around the docks will never turn a profit to be fair, year on year the community of the East end is getting older and attractive to the less ambitious of society so very few cash fares are taken. 

I guess a couple on here know who is going to operate this as a commercial service. Personally I think the planning department has gone mad, no scope for this service on that section unfortunately. 

Not a lot stagecoach could do with timings to reduce a vehicle use here but a bit of scope to send it into doxford international at the Western end.
Deleted
15 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm #436

(14 Mar 2016, 5:51 am)Dan Stagecoach mightn't see the commercial opportunity in running the service (based on their knowledge of passenger numbers and trends), however other operators might.

The loop around the docks will never turn a profit to be fair, year on year the community of the East end is getting older and attractive to the less ambitious of society so very few cash fares are taken. 

I guess a couple on here know who is going to operate this as a commercial service. Personally I think the planning department has gone mad, no scope for this service on that section unfortunately. 

Not a lot stagecoach could do with timings to reduce a vehicle use here but a bit of scope to send it into doxford international at the Western end.

Michael

19 Mar 2016, 10:39 am #437
(15 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm)Deleted The loop around the docks will never turn a profit to be fair, year on year the community of the East end is getting older and attractive to the less ambitious of society so very few cash fares are taken. 

Sorry deleted i forgot to reply!

I agree, i won't gain a profit in the area, I've only ever used the 5/5A to the docks area once and very few get on or off, i'll be surprised to see if anyone wants to run it from Park Lane to Docks with no profit, of course someone will pick it up but for how long before its completely changed, merged to another route or even fully withdrawn.... which i hope we don't see.

To me, Stagecoach should get the 77/77A, withdraw it after so long and re-introduce it to the 5/5A, this means the routes will go back to as the current routes, keeping the secured runs as the 77 but it doesn't work like that so it probables won't happen.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Mar 2016, 10:39 am #437

(15 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm)Deleted The loop around the docks will never turn a profit to be fair, year on year the community of the East end is getting older and attractive to the less ambitious of society so very few cash fares are taken. 

Sorry deleted i forgot to reply!

I agree, i won't gain a profit in the area, I've only ever used the 5/5A to the docks area once and very few get on or off, i'll be surprised to see if anyone wants to run it from Park Lane to Docks with no profit, of course someone will pick it up but for how long before its completely changed, merged to another route or even fully withdrawn.... which i hope we don't see.

To me, Stagecoach should get the 77/77A, withdraw it after so long and re-introduce it to the 5/5A, this means the routes will go back to as the current routes, keeping the secured runs as the 77 but it doesn't work like that so it probables won't happen.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

22 Mar 2016, 4:36 pm #438
Dan any news on the 77/77A/82/83 contracts?

Asking because VOSA has now confirmed Arriva have lost the 82/83.
Edited 22 Mar 2016, 4:40 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Mar 2016, 4:36 pm #438

Dan any news on the 77/77A/82/83 contracts?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Mar 2016, 5:42 pm #439
(22 Mar 2016, 4:36 pm)Michael Dan any news on the 77/77A/82/83 contracts?

Tender closed last week so Nexus will be evaluating the bids now. Will provide an update when it is confirmed by Nexus.

Arriva presumably didn't go in for the contract, hence the early confirmation that they wouldn't be operating it.
Dan
22 Mar 2016, 5:42 pm #439

(22 Mar 2016, 4:36 pm)Michael Dan any news on the 77/77A/82/83 contracts?

Tender closed last week so Nexus will be evaluating the bids now. Will provide an update when it is confirmed by Nexus.

Arriva presumably didn't go in for the contract, hence the early confirmation that they wouldn't be operating it.

Michael

22 Mar 2016, 5:49 pm #440
(22 Mar 2016, 5:42 pm)Dan Tender closed last week so Nexus will be evaluating the bids now. Will provide an update when it is confirmed by Nexus.

Cheers Dan

Hopefully:

GNE win the 82/83.
Stagecoach win the 77/77A to run by themselves, like the amended contract said, meaning after a while they can withdraw the 77/77A and change the 5/5A to go back to the docks like now Tongue.
Edited 22 Mar 2016, 5:52 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Mar 2016, 5:49 pm #440

(22 Mar 2016, 5:42 pm)Dan Tender closed last week so Nexus will be evaluating the bids now. Will provide an update when it is confirmed by Nexus.

Cheers Dan

Hopefully:

GNE win the 82/83.
Stagecoach win the 77/77A to run by themselves, like the amended contract said, meaning after a while they can withdraw the 77/77A and change the 5/5A to go back to the docks like now Tongue.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (55) Previous 121 22 2355 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average