Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Suggestions

Suggestions

Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (11) Previous 19 10 11 Next
LeeCalder

29 May 2016, 11:02 am #181
The 'unprofessional' comment related to the advert, I should have outlined that really.
LeeCalder
29 May 2016, 11:02 am #181

The 'unprofessional' comment related to the advert, I should have outlined that really.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 11:19 am #182
(29 May 2016, 11:02 am)LeeCalder The 'unprofessional' comment related to the advert, I should have outlined that really.

Your Facebook group also has ads? In fact, everywhere you look, you'll see an ad for something or other. I can't see the problem, unless they become intrusive or wrap the content of the page. It's not unprofessional, but more a way of the world.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 May 2016, 11:19 am #182

(29 May 2016, 11:02 am)LeeCalder The 'unprofessional' comment related to the advert, I should have outlined that really.

Your Facebook group also has ads? In fact, everywhere you look, you'll see an ad for something or other. I can't see the problem, unless they become intrusive or wrap the content of the page. It's not unprofessional, but more a way of the world.

LeeCalder

29 May 2016, 11:44 am #183
(29 May 2016, 11:19 am)Adrian Your Facebook group also has ads? In fact, everywhere you look, you'll see an ad for something or other. I can't see the problem, unless they become intrusive or wrap the content of the page. It's not unprofessional, but more a way of the world.

Does it? If it does, I'm unaware of them
LeeCalder
29 May 2016, 11:44 am #183

(29 May 2016, 11:19 am)Adrian Your Facebook group also has ads? In fact, everywhere you look, you'll see an ad for something or other. I can't see the problem, unless they become intrusive or wrap the content of the page. It's not unprofessional, but more a way of the world.

Does it? If it does, I'm unaware of them

Adrian

29 May 2016, 12:13 pm #184
(29 May 2016, 11:44 am)LeeCalder Does it? If it does, I'm unaware of them

It does, yeah.

.png
facebookads.PNG
Size 360.13 KB / Downloads 23

Adrian
29 May 2016, 12:13 pm #184

(29 May 2016, 11:44 am)LeeCalder Does it? If it does, I'm unaware of them

It does, yeah.

.png
facebookads.PNG
Size 360.13 KB / Downloads 23

LeeCalder

29 May 2016, 12:31 pm #185
(29 May 2016, 12:13 pm)Adrian It does, yeah.

Ah right, it seems like they are the generic Facebook adverts?

I only use my group on the phone.
LeeCalder
29 May 2016, 12:31 pm #185

(29 May 2016, 12:13 pm)Adrian It does, yeah.

Ah right, it seems like they are the generic Facebook adverts?

I only use my group on the phone.

Michael

29 May 2016, 2:46 pm #186
Is it me or has the writing gone really small on the desktop version?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 May 2016, 2:46 pm #186

Is it me or has the writing gone really small on the desktop version?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

citaro5284

29 May 2016, 2:52 pm #187
(29 May 2016, 2:46 pm)Michael Is it me or has the writing gone really small on the desktop version?

Aye, it has gone small.
citaro5284
29 May 2016, 2:52 pm #187

(29 May 2016, 2:46 pm)Michael Is it me or has the writing gone really small on the desktop version?

Aye, it has gone small.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 2:58 pm #188

Yeah it has. For now, you can use CTRL & -/+ to increase or decrease the size of the font on the site.

Adrian
29 May 2016, 2:58 pm #188

Yeah it has. For now, you can use CTRL & -/+ to increase or decrease the size of the font on the site.

Michael

29 May 2016, 3:38 pm #189
Least I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 May 2016, 3:38 pm #189

Least I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2016, 3:45 pm #190
(29 May 2016, 3:38 pm)Michael Least I'm not the only one who noticed it.

The font size was reduced to compensate for the increased header size (where the advertisement sits).

It's marginally bigger now, but as Adrian says, if you would prefer the text to be larger, you can use CTRL and + to zoom in.
Dan
29 May 2016, 3:45 pm #190

(29 May 2016, 3:38 pm)Michael Least I'm not the only one who noticed it.

The font size was reduced to compensate for the increased header size (where the advertisement sits).

It's marginally bigger now, but as Adrian says, if you would prefer the text to be larger, you can use CTRL and + to zoom in.

Michael

29 May 2016, 3:51 pm #191
(29 May 2016, 3:45 pm)Dan The font size was reduced to compensate for the increased header size (where the advertisement sits).

Its alright for me, least it is when i have my glasses on, was just an general observation.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 May 2016, 3:51 pm #191

(29 May 2016, 3:45 pm)Dan The font size was reduced to compensate for the increased header size (where the advertisement sits).

Its alright for me, least it is when i have my glasses on, was just an general observation.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Ambassador

29 May 2016, 3:56 pm #192
I don't like the colour. Too hard to see what's unread or new.

Everything looks the same. It looks like the site hasn't loaded properly

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
29 May 2016, 3:56 pm #192

I don't like the colour. Too hard to see what's unread or new.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 4:08 pm #193
(29 May 2016, 3:56 pm)Ambassador I don't like the colour. Too hard to see what's unread or new.

Not sure how you can't see what's unread or new? This is the view I have, and it looks self-explanatory to me. Anything unread is shown in bold in the thread view, and is indicated by the filled icon in the forum view.

.png
neb002.PNG
Size 28.89 KB / Downloads 22

.png
neb001.PNG
Size 48.79 KB / Downloads 18

Adrian
29 May 2016, 4:08 pm #193

(29 May 2016, 3:56 pm)Ambassador I don't like the colour. Too hard to see what's unread or new.

Not sure how you can't see what's unread or new? This is the view I have, and it looks self-explanatory to me. Anything unread is shown in bold in the thread view, and is indicated by the filled icon in the forum view.

.png
neb002.PNG
Size 28.89 KB / Downloads 22

.png
neb001.PNG
Size 48.79 KB / Downloads 18

Ambassador

29 May 2016, 5:38 pm #194
My vision isn't the best and the choice of greyed out monotone makes it very inaccessible.

Prefer the clearer bold blue for unread. I personally used that method for unread.

The site now looks like it did on my iPad when it hasn't loaded correctly p

Ambassador
29 May 2016, 5:38 pm #194

My vision isn't the best and the choice of greyed out monotone makes it very inaccessible.

Prefer the clearer bold blue for unread. I personally used that method for unread.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 5:49 pm #195
(29 May 2016, 5:38 pm)Ambassador My vision isn't the best and the choice of greyed out monotone makes it very inaccessible.

Could you provide a screenshot please, as I'm not sure what you mean by the references that the site looks like it hasn't loaded correctly?

I'm not entirely sure what the difference would be between bold blue text and bold black text. This may be ignorance on my part, but I wasn't aware that the colour of the text would affect it as appearing bold or not to some people? I find that quite interesting though, so I'd be great to have some further details, if you don't mind providing them? (feel free to PM if need be)

I appreciate that the text size is smaller now, and some may have difficulty with this. Modern web browsers cater for this though, and you can use the zoom feature to increase/decrease elements on the page.

In Windows:
From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl+(+). To zoom out, press Ctrl+(-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

On a Mac:
To zoom in, increasing the size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing +.
To zoom out, decreasing the size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing -.
To reset size back to normal, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing 0.

On iOS & Android:
Use the pinch zoom function.

Adrian
29 May 2016, 5:49 pm #195

(29 May 2016, 5:38 pm)Ambassador My vision isn't the best and the choice of greyed out monotone makes it very inaccessible.

Could you provide a screenshot please, as I'm not sure what you mean by the references that the site looks like it hasn't loaded correctly?

I'm not entirely sure what the difference would be between bold blue text and bold black text. This may be ignorance on my part, but I wasn't aware that the colour of the text would affect it as appearing bold or not to some people? I find that quite interesting though, so I'd be great to have some further details, if you don't mind providing them? (feel free to PM if need be)

I appreciate that the text size is smaller now, and some may have difficulty with this. Modern web browsers cater for this though, and you can use the zoom feature to increase/decrease elements on the page.

In Windows:
From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl+(+). To zoom out, press Ctrl+(-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

On a Mac:
To zoom in, increasing the size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing +.
To zoom out, decreasing the size, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing -.
To reset size back to normal, press and hold commandCtrl while pressing 0.

On iOS & Android:
Use the pinch zoom function.

Jamie M

Unregistered

29 May 2016, 6:35 pm #196
The only actual flaw I have with the site is the slightly odd PM system. Perhaps a system where it is a thread of replies and sent messages under one "message topic", rather than having to filter through the "sent items" folder to see the full conversation, more of a Quality of Life feature than anything significant, though! 
Loving the reskin.
Jamie M
29 May 2016, 6:35 pm #196

The only actual flaw I have with the site is the slightly odd PM system. Perhaps a system where it is a thread of replies and sent messages under one "message topic", rather than having to filter through the "sent items" folder to see the full conversation, more of a Quality of Life feature than anything significant, though! 
Loving the reskin.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 6:40 pm #197
(29 May 2016, 6:35 pm)Jamie M The only actual flaw I have with the site is the slightly odd PM system. Perhaps a system where it is a thread of replies and sent messages under one "message topic", rather than having to filter through the "sent items" folder to see the full conversation, more of a Quality of Life feature than anything significant, though! 
Loving the reskin.

I agree Jamie. A more email conversation or 'chat like' view would be more beneficial for PM. It may be worth suggesting something on the MyBB community, as I don't believe it can be enabled within a core feature of the software?

Adrian
29 May 2016, 6:40 pm #197

(29 May 2016, 6:35 pm)Jamie M The only actual flaw I have with the site is the slightly odd PM system. Perhaps a system where it is a thread of replies and sent messages under one "message topic", rather than having to filter through the "sent items" folder to see the full conversation, more of a Quality of Life feature than anything significant, though! 
Loving the reskin.

I agree Jamie. A more email conversation or 'chat like' view would be more beneficial for PM. It may be worth suggesting something on the MyBB community, as I don't believe it can be enabled within a core feature of the software?

BusLoverMum

29 May 2016, 6:43 pm #198
Looking fine on desktop for me - it might also be browser dependent. I'm using firefox, bu I know that chrome makes text look much smaller, a lot of the time. (Let's just forget about the unusable uselessness that is edge). Was surprised to see how smart the header looked, as it all looked a bit bulky on mobile chrome.

As for the ads - they just scroll out of the way. I use one forum with ads that do not, so they are there, consantly!
BusLoverMum
29 May 2016, 6:43 pm #198

Looking fine on desktop for me - it might also be browser dependent. I'm using firefox, bu I know that chrome makes text look much smaller, a lot of the time. (Let's just forget about the unusable uselessness that is edge). Was surprised to see how smart the header looked, as it all looked a bit bulky on mobile chrome.

As for the ads - they just scroll out of the way. I use one forum with ads that do not, so they are there, consantly!

Ambassador

29 May 2016, 6:46 pm #199
(29 May 2016, 5:49 pm)Adrian Could you provide a screenshot please, as I'm not sure what you mean by the references that the site looks like it hasn't loaded correctly?

Sorry I'm being hopelessly unclear. When my iPad used to launch the site it refreshed and went grey scale before loading in the full colours, which is what the fully loaded site looks like now. It's just a comparison.

Re the bold. It's just a personal preference but the blue and white stood out, whereas current design doesn't, I appreciate aesthetically throwing another colour into this new design would look a bit awful. It'll probably just take time to accustom to I'm sure.

Ambassador
29 May 2016, 6:46 pm #199

(29 May 2016, 5:49 pm)Adrian Could you provide a screenshot please, as I'm not sure what you mean by the references that the site looks like it hasn't loaded correctly?

Sorry I'm being hopelessly unclear. When my iPad used to launch the site it refreshed and went grey scale before loading in the full colours, which is what the fully loaded site looks like now. It's just a comparison.

Re the bold. It's just a personal preference but the blue and white stood out, whereas current design doesn't, I appreciate aesthetically throwing another colour into this new design would look a bit awful. It'll probably just take time to accustom to I'm sure.

Adrian

29 May 2016, 6:52 pm #200
(29 May 2016, 6:46 pm)Ambassador Re the bold. It's just a personal preference but the blue and white stood out, whereas current design doesn't, I appreciate aesthetically throwing another colour into this new design would look a bit awful. It'll probably just take time to accustom to I'm sure.

I think that's a big part of it.

I used to rely on the menu options at the top, which are now in different places (although in the same order). I automatically go for that location, so I'll need to get used to that again. I'm also struggling with the colour and boldness of people's usernames down the left hand side, but I think that's just my OCD coming into play, as it doesn't look how I'm used to it looking.

I think all in all that it's a big improvement, and hopefully once the Bygone Era and other features are finished, we'll have a uniform design throughout the whole site. Smile

Adrian
29 May 2016, 6:52 pm #200

(29 May 2016, 6:46 pm)Ambassador Re the bold. It's just a personal preference but the blue and white stood out, whereas current design doesn't, I appreciate aesthetically throwing another colour into this new design would look a bit awful. It'll probably just take time to accustom to I'm sure.

I think that's a big part of it.

I used to rely on the menu options at the top, which are now in different places (although in the same order). I automatically go for that location, so I'll need to get used to that again. I'm also struggling with the colour and boldness of people's usernames down the left hand side, but I think that's just my OCD coming into play, as it doesn't look how I'm used to it looking.

I think all in all that it's a big improvement, and hopefully once the Bygone Era and other features are finished, we'll have a uniform design throughout the whole site. Smile

Pages (11) Previous 19 10 11 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average