Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Events (Elsewhere) Step Entrance Running Day

Step Entrance Running Day

Step Entrance Running Day

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Andreos1

13 Dec 2016, 11:06 am #1
https://www.facebook.com/events/1287004221320216/?ti=cl

Not sure what they're running, but if you're in that neck of the woods on New Years Eve...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Dec 2016, 11:06 am #1

https://www.facebook.com/events/1287004221320216/?ti=cl

Not sure what they're running, but if you're in that neck of the woods on New Years Eve...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jimmi

19 Dec 2016, 7:08 pm #2
Preston Bus are also doing a 'Last Day in Service' event for their Leyland Olympian's on December 31st 2016.
http://www.prestonbus.co.uk/news/Leyland...e_547.html

I would like to go to this but sadly I have a few issues with transport but still hoping to sort something out.
Jimmi
19 Dec 2016, 7:08 pm #2

Preston Bus are also doing a 'Last Day in Service' event for their Leyland Olympian's on December 31st 2016.
http://www.prestonbus.co.uk/news/Leyland...e_547.html

I would like to go to this but sadly I have a few issues with transport but still hoping to sort something out.

Jimmi

20 Dec 2016, 9:33 pm #3
Pilkington Bus are also doing a Olympian Farewell event. It will be held on Wednesday 28th December and the buses will be used on service 15 between Acrrington and Clitheroe.
.jpg
A Pilkington Bus.jpg
Size: 101.09 KB / Downloads: 18

I will be attending this and the Preston Bus Olympian farewell on December 31st.
Jimmi
20 Dec 2016, 9:33 pm #3

Pilkington Bus are also doing a Olympian Farewell event. It will be held on Wednesday 28th December and the buses will be used on service 15 between Acrrington and Clitheroe.

.jpg
A Pilkington Bus.jpg
Size: 101.09 KB / Downloads: 18

I will be attending this and the Preston Bus Olympian farewell on December 31st.

20 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm #4
(20 Dec 2016, 9:33 pm)Jimmi Pilkington Bus are also doing a Olympian Farewell event. It will be held on Wednesday 28th December and the buses will be used on service 15 between Acrrington and Clitheroe.

I might head along to Pilkington's Event, As its on a easier day transport wise to get there, Preston's event is possible for me but would involve a connection at York with the last train to Newcastle, Which is a bit of a push on a night like that.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
20 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm #4

(20 Dec 2016, 9:33 pm)Jimmi Pilkington Bus are also doing a Olympian Farewell event. It will be held on Wednesday 28th December and the buses will be used on service 15 between Acrrington and Clitheroe.

I might head along to Pilkington's Event, As its on a easier day transport wise to get there, Preston's event is possible for me but would involve a connection at York with the last train to Newcastle, Which is a bit of a push on a night like that.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Jimmi

20 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm #5
(20 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm)South Tyne Lad I might head along to Pilkington's Event, As its on a easier day transport wise to get there, Preston's event is possible for me but would involve a connection at York with the last train to Newcastle, Which is a bit of a push on a night like that.
Irritatingly with the Pilkington event, I have the irritation of Saturday timetables for getting to Darlington on the morning which means the earliest train I can get from Darlington in the morning is the 08:12 CrossCountry service, got two changes meaning I don't get to Accrington until 10:30 and I am unsure whether Pilkington Bus are running a normal weekday service or a Saturday service, if it's the former, I will miss a bus by minutes and the next bus won't leave Accrington until 12pm. I am booked to leave Accrington around 5pm in the evening although I am on a off peak return, so really I could leave anytime, I just won't have reserved seats for the last leg of the journey back to Darlington.

Irritatingly for the Preston thing, my way of getting to Preston is complicated, I am getting a train to Manchester Piccadilly but I then need to get to Manchester Victoria for another train, but due to engineering works I have to get a "transfer" to get between these two points but am confused as I have no clue what this "transfer" is?
[Image: 0cf5653af48433717b065436d9303ec9.jpg]

Irritatingly, I probably won't get all the buses in service at both events.
Edited 20 Dec 2016, 10:28 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
20 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm #5

(20 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm)South Tyne Lad I might head along to Pilkington's Event, As its on a easier day transport wise to get there, Preston's event is possible for me but would involve a connection at York with the last train to Newcastle, Which is a bit of a push on a night like that.
Irritatingly with the Pilkington event, I have the irritation of Saturday timetables for getting to Darlington on the morning which means the earliest train I can get from Darlington in the morning is the 08:12 CrossCountry service, got two changes meaning I don't get to Accrington until 10:30 and I am unsure whether Pilkington Bus are running a normal weekday service or a Saturday service, if it's the former, I will miss a bus by minutes and the next bus won't leave Accrington until 12pm. I am booked to leave Accrington around 5pm in the evening although I am on a off peak return, so really I could leave anytime, I just won't have reserved seats for the last leg of the journey back to Darlington.

Irritatingly for the Preston thing, my way of getting to Preston is complicated, I am getting a train to Manchester Piccadilly but I then need to get to Manchester Victoria for another train, but due to engineering works I have to get a "transfer" to get between these two points but am confused as I have no clue what this "transfer" is?

20 Dec 2016, 11:14 pm #6
(20 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi Irritatingly with the Pilkington event, I have the irritation of Saturday timetables for getting to Darlington on the morning which means the earliest train I can get from Darlington in the morning is the 08:12 CrossCountry service, got two changes meaning I don't get to Accrington until 10:30 and I am unsure whether Pilkington Bus are running a normal weekday service or a Saturday service, if it's the former, I will miss a bus by minutes and the next bus won't leave Accrington until 12pm. I am booked to leave Accrington around 5pm in the evening although I am on a off peak return, so really I could leave anytime, I just won't have reserved seats for the last leg of the journey back to Darlington.

A normal transfer between the two is by Metrolink since one of the lines were rerouted through Victoria when the new extension opened, But I guess they'll be a Bus Replacement on due to Engineering works on I guess.

I have the freedom of picking whatever I want to travel on, As I buy my tickets at the station on the day.

South Tyne Lad
20 Dec 2016, 11:14 pm #6

(20 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm)Jimmi Irritatingly with the Pilkington event, I have the irritation of Saturday timetables for getting to Darlington on the morning which means the earliest train I can get from Darlington in the morning is the 08:12 CrossCountry service, got two changes meaning I don't get to Accrington until 10:30 and I am unsure whether Pilkington Bus are running a normal weekday service or a Saturday service, if it's the former, I will miss a bus by minutes and the next bus won't leave Accrington until 12pm. I am booked to leave Accrington around 5pm in the evening although I am on a off peak return, so really I could leave anytime, I just won't have reserved seats for the last leg of the journey back to Darlington.

A normal transfer between the two is by Metrolink since one of the lines were rerouted through Victoria when the new extension opened, But I guess they'll be a Bus Replacement on due to Engineering works on I guess.

I have the freedom of picking whatever I want to travel on, As I buy my tickets at the station on the day.

22 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm #7
Just as easy to walk Vic to Picc (or v/v) than get the bus, Jimmi. Picc you come out the main entrance, down the ramp where all the buses and taxis come up. Follow that road until you get to Piccadilly Gardens. Keep walking alongside the east end of shops etc on Piccadilly Gardens and follow the tramway all the way to Manchester Victoria.
20-25 mins it takes. Easy! Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
22 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm #7

Just as easy to walk Vic to Picc (or v/v) than get the bus, Jimmi. Picc you come out the main entrance, down the ramp where all the buses and taxis come up. Follow that road until you get to Piccadilly Gardens. Keep walking alongside the east end of shops etc on Piccadilly Gardens and follow the tramway all the way to Manchester Victoria.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Jimmi

22 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm #8
(22 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm)northern156 Just as easy to walk Vic to Picc (or v/v) than get the bus, Jimmi. Picc you come out the main entrance, down the ramp where all the buses and taxis come up. Follow that road until you get to Piccadilly Gardens. Keep walking alongside the east end of shops etc on Piccadilly Gardens and follow the tramway all the way to Manchester Victoria.
Was actually considering doing just that as it is actually faster than the transfer, Google Maps reckons it's about 19 minutes walk also it would additionally enable me to have 10-15 bus spotting in Manchester en-route to Piccadilly.

I'd be okay to get out through the ticket barriers at Victoria on a Off Peak Return ticket wouldn't I?
Jimmi
22 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm #8

(22 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm)northern156 Just as easy to walk Vic to Picc (or v/v) than get the bus, Jimmi. Picc you come out the main entrance, down the ramp where all the buses and taxis come up. Follow that road until you get to Piccadilly Gardens. Keep walking alongside the east end of shops etc on Piccadilly Gardens and follow the tramway all the way to Manchester Victoria.
Was actually considering doing just that as it is actually faster than the transfer, Google Maps reckons it's about 19 minutes walk also it would additionally enable me to have 10-15 bus spotting in Manchester en-route to Piccadilly.

I'd be okay to get out through the ticket barriers at Victoria on a Off Peak Return ticket wouldn't I?

James101

22 Dec 2016, 5:00 pm #9
(22 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm)Jimmi Was actually considering doing just that as it is actually faster than the transfer, Google Maps reckons it's about 19 minutes walk also it would additionally enable me to have 10-15 bus spotting in Manchester en-route to Piccadilly.

Or even using metroshuttle 2 which runs door-to-door between the two, pretty much direct via northern quarter. Still faster than the tram. 

I don't think there's any restriction on off peak on a Saturday?
James101
22 Dec 2016, 5:00 pm #9

(22 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm)Jimmi Was actually considering doing just that as it is actually faster than the transfer, Google Maps reckons it's about 19 minutes walk also it would additionally enable me to have 10-15 bus spotting in Manchester en-route to Piccadilly.

Or even using metroshuttle 2 which runs door-to-door between the two, pretty much direct via northern quarter. Still faster than the tram. 

Tamesider

22 Dec 2016, 10:09 pm #10
(22 Dec 2016, 5:00 pm)James101 Or even using metroshuttle 2 which runs door-to-door between the two, pretty much direct via northern quarter. Still faster than the tram. 

Off-peak starts at 0915, so no problem with either a Wednesday or Saturday visit, and MetroShuttle 2 is indeed a good option, especially from Vic to Picc as apart from the walk being uphill, the bus will give you a free circuit of Shudehill Interchange. The lack of direct trains from Picc is indeed due to Engineering works - specifically to do with the "Ordsall Chord", with all trains to/from the west of Manchester terminating at Victoria or Oxford Road, rather than Piccadilly
Tamesider
22 Dec 2016, 10:09 pm #10

(22 Dec 2016, 5:00 pm)James101 Or even using metroshuttle 2 which runs door-to-door between the two, pretty much direct via northern quarter. Still faster than the tram. 

Off-peak starts at 0915, so no problem with either a Wednesday or Saturday visit, and MetroShuttle 2 is indeed a good option, especially from Vic to Picc as apart from the walk being uphill, the bus will give you a free circuit of Shudehill Interchange. The lack of direct trains from Picc is indeed due to Engineering works - specifically to do with the "Ordsall Chord", with all trains to/from the west of Manchester terminating at Victoria or Oxford Road, rather than Piccadilly

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average