Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Ashington redevelopments

Ashington redevelopments

Ashington redevelopments

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Charles41

12 Aug 2015, 11:29 am #21
(12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am)GX03 SVC Good god.

When you say Hirst do you mean the Wansbeck Hospital/North Seaton area or the town centre? I know that the entire area was once called Hirst. 

I've walked through every part of Ashington except Fallowfields/Green Lane. Do never under any circumstances get off the X22 in that place.

It was next to a large, modern school which looked like it had only been built recently in the North Seaton area. The library I found was in the school grounds. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

Charles
Charles41
12 Aug 2015, 11:29 am #21

(12 Aug 2015, 11:22 am)GX03 SVC Good god.

When you say Hirst do you mean the Wansbeck Hospital/North Seaton area or the town centre? I know that the entire area was once called Hirst. 

I've walked through every part of Ashington except Fallowfields/Green Lane. Do never under any circumstances get off the X22 in that place.

It was next to a large, modern school which looked like it had only been built recently in the North Seaton area. The library I found was in the school grounds. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

Charles

12 Aug 2015, 11:39 am #22
(12 Aug 2015, 11:29 am)Charles41 It was next to a large, modern school which looked like it had only been built recently in the North Seaton area. The library I found was in the school grounds. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

Charles

Aye, I know where your talking about now. That Northern Social Club is full of chavs, the bus stops are lined with smash-proof metal with small holes in. Around the corner is a rough skate park where all sorts of banned substances get traded. Thankfully I don't live in that part of Ashington! I fear for my life everytime I pass through on the bus!  Big Grin
omnicity4659
12 Aug 2015, 11:39 am #22

(12 Aug 2015, 11:29 am)Charles41 It was next to a large, modern school which looked like it had only been built recently in the North Seaton area. The library I found was in the school grounds. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

Charles

Aye, I know where your talking about now. That Northern Social Club is full of chavs, the bus stops are lined with smash-proof metal with small holes in. Around the corner is a rough skate park where all sorts of banned substances get traded. Thankfully I don't live in that part of Ashington! I fear for my life everytime I pass through on the bus!  Big Grin

25 Aug 2015, 10:54 am #23
4Paws and 1&2 Lintonville Terrace were demolished earlier this month. The only building that's been listed for demolition is the carpet shop, model shop and Tip Top Tyres.
omnicity4659
25 Aug 2015, 10:54 am #23

4Paws and 1&2 Lintonville Terrace were demolished earlier this month. The only building that's been listed for demolition is the carpet shop, model shop and Tip Top Tyres.

23 Nov 2015, 2:01 am #24
The new Leisure Centre is due to open in early January. A new road linking the existing roundabout with Nisa will then be built closing the section of road between the roundabout and the Asda traffic lights. This section will then become the new bus station.
omnicity4659
23 Nov 2015, 2:01 am #24

The new Leisure Centre is due to open in early January. A new road linking the existing roundabout with Nisa will then be built closing the section of road between the roundabout and the Asda traffic lights. This section will then become the new bus station.

14 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm #25
The new leisure centre opened a few days ago. Works on the new roads and the various other improvements including the bus station and Portland Park start soon.
omnicity4659
14 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm #25

The new leisure centre opened a few days ago. Works on the new roads and the various other improvements including the bus station and Portland Park start soon.

07 Jun 2016, 9:58 am #26
Regeneration works have started on Station Road (the main street), which will reopen to all westbound traffic when completed.

Surely when this has finished, Lintonville Terrace closes to begin work on the new bus station?
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2016, 9:58 am #26

Regeneration works have started on Station Road (the main street), which will reopen to all westbound traffic when completed.

Surely when this has finished, Lintonville Terrace closes to begin work on the new bus station?

Andreos1

22 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm #27
https://m.facebook.com/arrivanortheast/p...1199686173

Work gathers pace with re-development.
Edited 22 Mar 2017, 4:05 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm #27

https://m.facebook.com/arrivanortheast/p...1199686173

Work gathers pace with re-development.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

22 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm #28
As of tonight bus shelters at stops D and E have been removed and that part of the station is barried off. X20 to Newcastle and 1 to Blyth are using the stop beside the portacabin.

The new road that buses will be using (between the current site and the end the terrace of buildings on Lintonville Terrace) looks nearly ready but there are no shelters yet and the site hoardings need to be completed ahead of Sunday night.
Edited 22 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm by passenger_10.
passenger_10
22 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm #28

As of tonight bus shelters at stops D and E have been removed and that part of the station is barried off. X20 to Newcastle and 1 to Blyth are using the stop beside the portacabin.

The new road that buses will be using (between the current site and the end the terrace of buildings on Lintonville Terrace) looks nearly ready but there are no shelters yet and the site hoardings need to be completed ahead of Sunday night.

23 Mar 2017, 12:36 am #29
(22 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm)passenger_10 As of tonight bus shelters at stops D and E have been removed and that part of the station is barried off. X20 to Newcastle and 1 to Blyth are using the stop beside the portacabin.

1 and X20 should be leaving from stand C but I saw an X20 in B earlier.

Portacabin gets moved up to the temporary bus station on the 25th I'm told about a week ago, so plans have probably changed due to the delays in the works.

Shelter D was removed this morning (22nd), and E was removed on the 20th. Stand E is being disposed of as far as I'm aware, currently sat in the old depot.
omnicity4659
23 Mar 2017, 12:36 am #29

(22 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm)passenger_10 As of tonight bus shelters at stops D and E have been removed and that part of the station is barried off. X20 to Newcastle and 1 to Blyth are using the stop beside the portacabin.

1 and X20 should be leaving from stand C but I saw an X20 in B earlier.

Portacabin gets moved up to the temporary bus station on the 25th I'm told about a week ago, so plans have probably changed due to the delays in the works.

Shelter D was removed this morning (22nd), and E was removed on the 20th. Stand E is being disposed of as far as I'm aware, currently sat in the old depot.

25 Mar 2017, 5:59 am #30
(23 Mar 2017, 12:36 am)omnicity4659 1 and X20 should be leaving from stand C but I saw an X20 in B earlier.

Stands A, B, C and D have all moved to the interim bus station. Stands A, B and C in the current bus station are currently closed with buses leaving from Stands D and E. 

Interim bus station is set out as follows;
/Lintonville Terrace/
D - 1/X20/434 southbound 
C - 19/57
B - X22
A - X21 southbound
- crossing -
F - 1/X20/X21 northbound 
G - 35/National Express southbound
/Woodhorn Road/

.jpg
image.jpg
Size: 1,019.86 KB / Downloads: 21
omnicity4659
25 Mar 2017, 5:59 am #30

(23 Mar 2017, 12:36 am)omnicity4659 1 and X20 should be leaving from stand C but I saw an X20 in B earlier.

Stands A, B, C and D have all moved to the interim bus station. Stands A, B and C in the current bus station are currently closed with buses leaving from Stands D and E. 

Interim bus station is set out as follows;
/Lintonville Terrace/
D - 1/X20/434 southbound 
C - 19/57
B - X22
A - X21 southbound
- crossing -
F - 1/X20/X21 northbound 
G - 35/National Express southbound
/Woodhorn Road/

.jpg
image.jpg
Size: 1,019.86 KB / Downloads: 21

26 Mar 2017, 10:30 am #31
Services have moved over to the interim bus station a day earlier than planned, as the portacabin was moved yesterday, and the wooden boards painted.
omnicity4659
26 Mar 2017, 10:30 am #31

Services have moved over to the interim bus station a day earlier than planned, as the portacabin was moved yesterday, and the wooden boards painted.

10 Oct 2017, 10:38 am #32
(26 Mar 2017, 10:30 am)omnicity4659 Services have moved over to the interim bus station a day earlier than planned, as the portacabin was moved yesterday, and the wooden boards painted.

From Monday 16th October, the interim bus station will close. Changes to the plans with Arch and Northumberland County Council see that Ashington will no longer have a 'proper' bus station.

From first bus on Monday 16th October, two new bus stops opposite Poundstretcher will open.  
Information from Arriva regarding the closure:

Service 1 towards Blyth (services from Widdrington/Cresswell/Wansbeck Hospital) will now depart from Woodhorn Road, outside of Sports Direct (current 35 to Morpeth stand)

Service 1 towards Blyth (services that start from Ashington) will now depart from Stand G (current 35 to Woodhorn stand). 

Service 1 to Wansbeck Hospital/Cresswell/Widdrington will now depart from Woodhorn Road, outside of Select Conveniences.  

All other services will depart from the new bus stops outside Poundstretcher, on both sides of the road.
omnicity4659
10 Oct 2017, 10:38 am #32

(26 Mar 2017, 10:30 am)omnicity4659 Services have moved over to the interim bus station a day earlier than planned, as the portacabin was moved yesterday, and the wooden boards painted.

From Monday 16th October, the interim bus station will close. Changes to the plans with Arch and Northumberland County Council see that Ashington will no longer have a 'proper' bus station.

From first bus on Monday 16th October, two new bus stops opposite Poundstretcher will open.  

Service 1 towards Blyth (services from Widdrington/Cresswell/Wansbeck Hospital) will now depart from Woodhorn Road, outside of Sports Direct (current 35 to Morpeth stand)

Service 1 towards Blyth (services that start from Ashington) will now depart from Stand G (current 35 to Woodhorn stand). 

Service 1 to Wansbeck Hospital/Cresswell/Widdrington will now depart from Woodhorn Road, outside of Select Conveniences.  

All other services will depart from the new bus stops outside Poundstretcher, on both sides of the road.

15 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm #33
(10 Oct 2017, 10:38 am)omnicity4659 From Monday 16th October, the interim bus station will close. Changes to the plans with Arch and Northumberland County Council see that Ashington will no longer have a 'proper' bus station.

Wednesday the 18th is the new provisional date for the closure of the bus station.
omnicity4659
15 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm #33

(10 Oct 2017, 10:38 am)omnicity4659 From Monday 16th October, the interim bus station will close. Changes to the plans with Arch and Northumberland County Council see that Ashington will no longer have a 'proper' bus station.

Wednesday the 18th is the new provisional date for the closure of the bus station.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Oct 2017, 11:55 am #34
(15 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm)omnicity4659 Wednesday the 18th is the new provisional date for the closure of the bus station.

Monday 23rd October is the day of the closure.

The 19 and 434 will leave from the existing Poundstretcher stops, accessing them via the new road.
Dan
17 Oct 2017, 11:55 am #34

(15 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm)omnicity4659 Wednesday the 18th is the new provisional date for the closure of the bus station.

Monday 23rd October is the day of the closure.

The 19 and 434 will leave from the existing Poundstretcher stops, accessing them via the new road.

17 Oct 2017, 11:59 am #35
(17 Oct 2017, 11:55 am)Dan Monday 23rd October is the day of the closure.

Big Grin

NCC only rang the depot at about half 1 on Sunday, saying that it would be closing on Wednesday at the earliest.

The place doesn't even look safe to set foot in yet.

The text message I've received has the following,

Stand A (new layby opposite Poundstretcher)
X22 Newcastle
57 Whitley Bay

Stand B (new layby opposite Poundstretcher)
X20 Newcastle
X21 Newcastle

Stand F (Poundstretcher)
X20 Alnwick
X21 Newbiggin
434 Bedlington Station

Stand G (Poundstretcher)
35 Woodhorn
19 North Shields
425/435 London

Sports Direct
35 Morpeth
1 Blyth

"Shelters from Stand A and B in the current temporary bus station can't be moved until the week after closure" "Portacabin moves to Stand A and B in the new temporary bus station" - that was received on Sunday.
Edited 18 Oct 2017, 11:23 am by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
17 Oct 2017, 11:59 am #35

(17 Oct 2017, 11:55 am)Dan Monday 23rd October is the day of the closure.

Big Grin

NCC only rang the depot at about half 1 on Sunday, saying that it would be closing on Wednesday at the earliest.

X22 Newcastle
57 Whitley Bay

X20 Newcastle
X21 Newcastle

Stand F (Poundstretcher)
X20 Alnwick
X21 Newbiggin
434 Bedlington Station

Stand G (Poundstretcher)
35 Woodhorn
19 North Shields
425/435 London

Sports Direct
35 Morpeth
1 Blyth

"Shelters from Stand A and B in the current temporary bus station can't be moved until the week after closure" "Portacabin moves to Stand A and B in the new temporary bus station" - that was received on Sunday.

17 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm #36
(17 Oct 2017, 11:59 am)omnicity4659 Big Grin

NCC only rang the depot at about half 1 on Sunday, saying that it would be closing on Wednesday at the earliest

X22 Newcastle
57 Whitley Bay

X20 Newcastle
X21 Newcastle

Stand F (Poundstretcher)
X20 Alnwick
X21 Newbiggin
434 Bedlington Station

Stand G (Poundstretcher)
35 Morpeth
1 Blyth

The 19 not exist now
Jordan2104
17 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm #36

(17 Oct 2017, 11:59 am)omnicity4659 Big Grin

NCC only rang the depot at about half 1 on Sunday, saying that it would be closing on Wednesday at the earliest

X22 Newcastle
57 Whitley Bay

X20 Newcastle
X21 Newcastle

Stand F (Poundstretcher)
X20 Alnwick
X21 Newbiggin
434 Bedlington Station

Stand G (Poundstretcher)
35 Morpeth
1 Blyth

The 19 not exist now

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average