Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (11): 1 2 311 Next
Adrian

04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am #1
Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am #1

Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Dec 2013, 8:41 pm #2
In addition to unknown local spottings...
If you have any queries about a specific vehicle which you did not know the operator of, feel free to post them here.
Dan
12 Dec 2013, 8:41 pm #2

In addition to unknown local spottings...
If you have any queries about a specific vehicle which you did not know the operator of, feel free to post them here.

tyresmoke

12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm #3
Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

County Coaches, Chester-le-Street
David Dove Travel, Sunderland
Franks Coaches, Horden
J&C Coaches, Newton Aycliffe
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Nightingale Coaches, Stanley
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Any vehicles you see please post Smile

Cheers!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm #3

Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

Tom

12 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm #4
(12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink
Tom
12 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm #4

(12 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm)tyresmoke Can I ask anyone to post sightings of all independents vehicles in the North East which will help me keep track of the fleets.... Some I am especially lacking information on are as follows...

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink

tyresmoke

12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm #5
(12 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm)Tom I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink

They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

tyresmoke
12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm #5

(12 Dec 2013, 8:57 pm)Tom I should be able to get a list of W B Kerr ready for you as soon as possible Wink

They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

Tom

12 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm #6
(12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)tyresmoke They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

They are only 10 mins walk from mine, so worth a visit!
Tom
12 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm #6

(12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)tyresmoke They must be one of the least photographed operators in Tyne & Wear!

They are only 10 mins walk from mine, so worth a visit!

Malarkey

12 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm #7
Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD
Livery: Plain White
Reg: KU52 RXF
Seen in Stanley Today on the 713 Stanley to Flint Hill - Photo will be Uploaded either Tomorrow or the Weekend.
Malarkey
12 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm #7

Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD
Seen in Stanley Today on the 713 Stanley to Flint Hill - Photo will be Uploaded either Tomorrow or the Weekend.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Dec 2013, 10:01 pm #8
(12 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm)Adam Malarkey Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD

Believe it was new to Thames Travel, and moved over to People's Bus. Of course, it is now with Hunters of Tantobie and is a regular on Stanley locals.
Dan
12 Dec 2013, 10:01 pm #8

(12 Dec 2013, 9:49 pm)Adam Malarkey Hunters of Tantobie
Dennis Dart MPD

Believe it was new to Thames Travel, and moved over to People's Bus. Of course, it is now with Hunters of Tantobie and is a regular on Stanley locals.

Andreos1

12 Dec 2013, 11:30 pm #9

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

County Coaches seem to have a contract for Headways.
Often see their coaches pulling out of the depot with a card on the dash.

To be honest, you can see the majority of their fleet from the main road at Woodstone Village and it just seems to be the same old stuff.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Dec 2013, 11:30 pm #9

Franks Coaches, Horden
LP Travel, Langley Park
Maudes, Barnard Castle
Snowdons, Easington
Style Travel, Peterlee
Trappas Travel, Stanley
Wardley Coaches, Felling
W B Kerr, Wallsend

Cheers!

County Coaches seem to have a contract for Headways.
Often see their coaches pulling out of the depot with a card on the dash.

To be honest, you can see the majority of their fleet from the main road at Woodstone Village and it just seems to be the same old stuff.

Malarkey

12 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm #10
Also forgot to note I seen ex Brighton and Hove Dennis Dart J980 JNJ in Durham Today sporting a Check4Life Healthcare Livery, No idea if this Bus owned Locally or on one of those Tours around the Country.
Malarkey
12 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm #10

Also forgot to note I seen ex Brighton and Hove Dennis Dart J980 JNJ in Durham Today sporting a Check4Life Healthcare Livery, No idea if this Bus owned Locally or on one of those Tours around the Country.

tyresmoke

16 Dec 2013, 9:31 am #11
Spotted another new operator in Middlesbrough around half hour ago, Whitestar Travel with a J-reg Caetano Algarve! 0191 phone number on it so must be local!

tyresmoke
16 Dec 2013, 9:31 am #11

Spotted another new operator in Middlesbrough around half hour ago, Whitestar Travel with a J-reg Caetano Algarve! 0191 phone number on it so must be local!

Adrian

16 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm #12
(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

This is still in the exact same spot by the way. I'm quite curious as to what it is.

Adrian
16 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm #12

(04 Sep 2013, 5:53 am)aureolin Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

This is still in the exact same spot by the way. I'm quite curious as to what it is.

Andreos1

15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am #13
Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

It had a livery on the side which looked like it had been designed by kids (I couldn't make it out), but there were Nissan logos on, which would indicate some sort of partnership with them.

As vague as ever!
Edited 15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am #13

Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

It had a livery on the side which looked like it had been designed by kids (I couldn't make it out), but there were Nissan logos on, which would indicate some sort of partnership with them.

As vague as ever!

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm #14
A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?
Dan
15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm #14

A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?

tyresmoke

15 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm #15
(15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am)andreos1 Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

As vague as ever!

Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

tyresmoke
15 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm #15

(15 Jan 2014, 9:23 am)andreos1 Spotted this morning around Houghton a rattly engined Volvo coach that looked like some sort of youth bus.

As vague as ever!

Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

Andreos1

15 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm #16
(15 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm)tyresmoke Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

That looks like the one! Cheers.

Andreos1
15 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm #16

(15 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm)tyresmoke Sounds like Durham City's P70DCC which is branded for Nissan's Monozukuri Caravan project.

That looks like the one! Cheers.

BJ10VUS

15 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm #17
(15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

Quote:"Unconfirmed reports that 3 ex London deckers have turned up at Ashington depot from Thorntons... If they are for North East then they should replace Olympian 7367 and DAF Spectras 7482/3."
BJ10VUS
15 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm #17

(15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan A plain red President in the Washington area. Looked like it retained dual door config and ex London destys... Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

Quote:"Unconfirmed reports that 3 ex London deckers have turned up at Ashington depot from Thorntons... If they are for North East then they should replace Olympian 7367 and DAF Spectras 7482/3."

tyresmoke

15 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm #18
(15 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm)BJ10VUS Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

tyresmoke
15 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm #18

(15 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm)BJ10VUS Maybe has something to do with tyresmoke's comment on the Arriva thread? Possibly could be for Arriva? We'll have to wait and see...

Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

Andreos1

15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm #19
(15 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm)tyresmoke Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

Kingsleys?

Andreos1
15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm #19

(15 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm)tyresmoke Not sure on that - the deckers at Ashington should be Volvo B7TL / Wright Gemini if they're from the latest batch. Not sure there's any Presidents coming out of London at present. Plenty more DLA's to be dished out though...!

Kingsleys?

tyresmoke

15 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm #20
(15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm)andreos1 Kingsleys?

That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

tyresmoke
15 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm #20

(15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm)andreos1 Kingsleys?

That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

Pages (11): 1 2 311 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average