Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure NEbus Launch

NEbus Launch

NEbus Launch

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Andreos1

23 Aug 2019, 1:44 pm #1

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/l...ily-379023

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Aug 2019, 1:44 pm #1

23 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm #2

(23 Aug 2019, 1:44 pm)Andreos1

What is NEbus replacing?

OrangeArrow49
23 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm #2

(23 Aug 2019, 1:44 pm)Andreos1

What is NEbus replacing?

James101

23 Aug 2019, 1:54 pm #3
If it’s anything like Greater Manchester’s ‘onebus’ it’ll be a whole lot of nothing.
James101
23 Aug 2019, 1:54 pm #3

If it’s anything like Greater Manchester’s ‘onebus’ it’ll be a whole lot of nothing.

Andreos1

23 Aug 2019, 2:03 pm #4

(23 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm)OrangeArrow49

What is NEbus replacing?

Not 100% sure, but pretty certain it will be replacing NEBOA.

Andreos1
23 Aug 2019, 2:03 pm #4

(23 Aug 2019, 1:50 pm)OrangeArrow49

What is NEbus replacing?

Not 100% sure, but pretty certain it will be replacing NEBOA.

Adrian

23 Aug 2019, 2:11 pm #5

Not too sure on the name mind. Plenty of villages around Durham already have 'NEBus' on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Aug 2019, 2:11 pm #5

Not too sure on the name mind. Plenty of villages around Durham already have 'NEBus' on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.

25 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm #6

Partnership between big 3 operators and other smaller operators (ANE,GNE,SNE)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorthEastNEbus

NewcastleOne
25 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm #6

Partnership between big 3 operators and other smaller operators (ANE,GNE,SNE)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorthEastNEbus

Michael

26 Aug 2019, 9:09 am #7
So does this mean, i might be able to my Sunderland Smart Zone pass on the 73?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Aug 2019, 9:09 am #7

So does this mean, i might be able to my Sunderland Smart Zone pass on the 73?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

26 Aug 2019, 9:35 am #8

(26 Aug 2019, 9:09 am)Michael So does this mean, i might be able to my Sunderland Smart Zone pass on the 73?

Yup, the whole thing was setup to allow you to use the 73 at no additional expense...

In all seriousness, I think it's a wait and see. I'd imagine there'll be a lot to work through, before we see any concrete proposals.

Adrian
26 Aug 2019, 9:35 am #8

(26 Aug 2019, 9:09 am)Michael So does this mean, i might be able to my Sunderland Smart Zone pass on the 73?

Yup, the whole thing was setup to allow you to use the 73 at no additional expense...

In all seriousness, I think it's a wait and see. I'd imagine there'll be a lot to work through, before we see any concrete proposals.

Michael

26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am #9
(26 Aug 2019, 9:35 am)Adrian

I hope it was set up, just for me to my smartzone pass on the 73!

Hopefully we see the plans soon, to me, not enough information has been released.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am #9

(26 Aug 2019, 9:35 am)Adrian

I hope it was set up, just for me to my smartzone pass on the 73!

Hopefully we see the plans soon, to me, not enough information has been released.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

26 Aug 2019, 11:02 am #10

(26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am)Michael I hope it was set up, just for me to my smartzone pass on the 73!

Given it's not been launched yet maybe we ought to wait for the launch on Wednesday to see what they tell us...?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
26 Aug 2019, 11:02 am #10

(26 Aug 2019, 9:38 am)Michael I hope it was set up, just for me to my smartzone pass on the 73!

Given it's not been launched yet maybe we ought to wait for the launch on Wednesday to see what they tell us...?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

26 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm #11
Anybody going on Wednesday?
OrangeArrow49
26 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm #11

Anybody going on Wednesday?

Ds1197

26 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm #12

(26 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm)OrangeArrow49 Anybody going on Wednesday?
I'm working so can't go Sad

Ds1197
26 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm #12

(26 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm)OrangeArrow49 Anybody going on Wednesday?
I'm working so can't go Sad

26 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm #13

(26 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm)Ds1197

I'm working so can't go Sad" alt="Sad" title="Sad">

I don't know much about what the launch event really is, so I don't know whether or not I should go.

OrangeArrow49
26 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm #13

(26 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm)Ds1197

I'm working so can't go Sad" alt="Sad" title="Sad">

I don't know much about what the launch event really is, so I don't know whether or not I should go.

Andreos1

26 Aug 2019, 5:43 pm #14

(26 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm)OrangeArrow49

Quote:

Bus company representatives from Go North East, Arriva North East and Stagecoach North East will be on hand to showcase the work of the operators, including the latest bus types, onboard facilities and their environmental credentials, as well as talking about their vision for the future.

The event, which takes place between 1pm and 4pm, will also include a series of fun and engaging attractions for people of all ages including:

• Slime activities
  • Free face painting
  • Buzzer game
  • Giant outdoor games – including Jenga and noughts and crosses
  • Entertainment from Metro Radio
  • Giant deckchair and more!

Taken from the link in the first post. 

The slime and giant deckchair have sold it for me! An event like this, needs slime and a giant deckchair! 

Andreos1
26 Aug 2019, 5:43 pm #14

(26 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm)OrangeArrow49

Quote:

Bus company representatives from Go North East, Arriva North East and Stagecoach North East will be on hand to showcase the work of the operators, including the latest bus types, onboard facilities and their environmental credentials, as well as talking about their vision for the future.

The event, which takes place between 1pm and 4pm, will also include a series of fun and engaging attractions for people of all ages including:

• Slime activities
  • Free face painting
  • Buzzer game
  • Giant outdoor games – including Jenga and noughts and crosses
  • Entertainment from Metro Radio
  • Giant deckchair and more!

The slime and giant deckchair have sold it for me! An event like this, needs slime and a giant deckchair! 

26 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm #15

(26 Aug 2019, 5:43 pm)Andreos1

Why are you going, besides the slime and giant deckchair? Any idea what the giveaways could be?

I will probably go to have a look at the buses, even though I see and use buses regularly anyway. The representatives might have something interesting to say, and I might get to sit in a driver's cab! I decided not to go to Seaburn today for the NEBPT rally mainly due to having nobody to go with. I like to see the pictures though and I enjoyed the Whitley Bay Rally last month. I am impressed with the repainted Go Ahead Northern Leyland Olympian. 

OrangeArrow49
26 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm #15

Why are you going, besides the slime and giant deckchair? Any idea what the giveaways could be?

I will probably go to have a look at the buses, even though I see and use buses regularly anyway. The representatives might have something interesting to say, and I might get to sit in a driver's cab! I decided not to go to Seaburn today for the NEBPT rally mainly due to having nobody to go with. I like to see the pictures though and I enjoyed the Whitley Bay Rally last month. I am impressed with the repainted Go Ahead Northern Leyland Olympian. 

Adrian

26 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm #16

Sounds like a throw back to Noel's House Party. Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

Adrian
26 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm #16

Sounds like a throw back to Noel's House Party. Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin">

Andreos1

28 Aug 2019, 3:33 pm #17

(26 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm)OrangeArrow49

I couldn't get there in the end. Although, I was at a meeting not a hundred miles from the Centre for Life, I couldn't wangle a visit.

I would have gone along purely from a political point of view. In addition to the slime and giant deck chair.

Couldn't give two hoots about modern vehicles, but I would have been interested from a non-gricing perspective.

(26 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm)Adrian

Now if they said there was slime, a giant deckchair AND Mr Bobby - then I would have made all the excuses in the world to get out of my meeting!

Andreos1
28 Aug 2019, 3:33 pm #17

(26 Aug 2019, 5:55 pm)OrangeArrow49

I couldn't get there in the end. Although, I was at a meeting not a hundred miles from the Centre for Life, I couldn't wangle a visit.

I would have gone along purely from a political point of view. In addition to the slime and giant deck chair.

Couldn't give two hoots about modern vehicles, but I would have been interested from a non-gricing perspective.

(26 Aug 2019, 7:17 pm)Adrian

Now if they said there was slime, a giant deckchair AND Mr Bobby - then I would have made all the excuses in the world to get out of my meeting!

28 Aug 2019, 4:06 pm #18
(28 Aug 2019, 3:33 pm)Andreos1

To be honest you missed bugger all, it was just swarming with kids taking turns sitting in the driver seat. Oh, and we were given a booklet that I'd already seen online.

6333 looked nice though, same couldn't be said for the X21 E400 Arriva brought along, that's certainly seen better days!

The free pens were alright though!
streetdeckfan
28 Aug 2019, 4:06 pm #18

(28 Aug 2019, 3:33 pm)Andreos1

To be honest you missed bugger all, it was just swarming with kids taking turns sitting in the driver seat. Oh, and we were given a booklet that I'd already seen online.

6333 looked nice though, same couldn't be said for the X21 E400 Arriva brought along, that's certainly seen better days!

The free pens were alright though!

Adrian

28 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm #19

Following the launch, the full document is online here: https://nebuscouk.files.wordpress.com/20...ressed.pdf

The bulk of it is what you'd expect, with the usual corporate 'annual report' style waffle, but page 29-31 contains commitments and requirements.

I did find this claim interesting on two points:

- Trying to compare a weekly ticket in London to a Newcastle SmartZone ticket... but given the vast majority of people work 5 days a week, it would still be cheaper to use two hopper singles a day at £1.50 a piece.

- Having a bit of a pop at the old subsidy argument, despite listing the economic benefits that bus travel delivers, elsewhere in the document!

.png
claimnebus.PNG
Size: 119.8 KB / Downloads: 15

Adrian
28 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm #19

Following the launch, the full document is online here: https://nebuscouk.files.wordpress.com/20...ressed.pdf

The bulk of it is what you'd expect, with the usual corporate 'annual report' style waffle, but page 29-31 contains commitments and requirements.

- Trying to compare a weekly ticket in London to a Newcastle SmartZone ticket... but given the vast majority of people work 5 days a week, it would still be cheaper to use two hopper singles a day at £1.50 a piece.

- Having a bit of a pop at the old subsidy argument, despite listing the economic benefits that bus travel delivers, elsewhere in the document!

.png
claimnebus.PNG
Size: 119.8 KB / Downloads: 15

Andreos1

28 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm #20

(28 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm)Adrian

Saying 'there are very few comparisons' in the leading paragraph, yet comparing in big green text alongside that very same leading paragraph? Huh

I'll have a read of the full document later.

Thanks for sharing.

Andreos1
28 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm #20

(28 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm)Adrian

Saying 'there are very few comparisons' in the leading paragraph, yet comparing in big green text alongside that very same leading paragraph? Huh

I'll have a read of the full document later.

Thanks for sharing.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average