Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Customer Service thread

Customer Service thread

Customer Service thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13): Previous 111 12 13
tyresmoke

26 Aug 2019, 11:04 am #241

(25 Aug 2019, 3:26 pm)Adrian

I'm surprised they don't have some sort of agreement with Stagecoach operations, whereby they can loan a decker (if available) to allow passengers to make their journey?

Also the article mentions that the coach was actually overbooked, which I'm not sure how it can happen, when they guarantee you a seat...

They certainly used to use buses from Stagecoach, infact they had regular runs years ago on the Fri/Sun extras that are now hired out...

As for overbooking, probably the same reason airlines do.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
26 Aug 2019, 11:04 am #241

(25 Aug 2019, 3:26 pm)Adrian

I'm surprised they don't have some sort of agreement with Stagecoach operations, whereby they can loan a decker (if available) to allow passengers to make their journey?

Also the article mentions that the coach was actually overbooked, which I'm not sure how it can happen, when they guarantee you a seat...

They certainly used to use buses from Stagecoach, infact they had regular runs years ago on the Fri/Sun extras that are now hired out...

Andreos1

26 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm #242

(26 Aug 2019, 11:04 am)tyresmoke

I vaguely remember a decker making it up to the NE from Portsmouth or Plymouth a few years back after a coach broke down.

It may have been mentioned on the forum at the time.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm #242

(26 Aug 2019, 11:04 am)tyresmoke

I vaguely remember a decker making it up to the NE from Portsmouth or Plymouth a few years back after a coach broke down.

It may have been mentioned on the forum at the time.

Andreos1

23 Jun 2020, 8:05 pm #243
How do the people needing a bus from Low Moorsley get to Houghton? 

If you're not sure what I'm referring to, look at the timings of the bus, the tweet and the time this message is posted.
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200623_210204_com.twitter.android.jpg
Size: 364.68 KB / Downloads: 52

Andreos1
23 Jun 2020, 8:05 pm #243

How do the people needing a bus from Low Moorsley get to Houghton? 

If you're not sure what I'm referring to, look at the timings of the bus, the tweet and the time this message is posted.

Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200623_210204_com.twitter.android.jpg
Size: 364.68 KB / Downloads: 52

30 Jul 2020, 7:05 pm #244
Notice there's still a lot of complaints from passengers about the timetables in bus stops being outdated. Both Nexus and County Durham haven't had any updated, even in the major interchanges. I understand that things are changing quite regularly at the minute, but it seems quite silly to have timetables up for services that don't exist anymore, or at least service a particular area anymore.

I wonder why they've not tried at all to update anything but the electronic timetables? Even then I've seen them fail recently, telling people to refer to the paper ones, that are out of date, doesn't seem very fair on the passengers, even despite the current situation.
deanmachine
30 Jul 2020, 7:05 pm #244

Notice there's still a lot of complaints from passengers about the timetables in bus stops being outdated. Both Nexus and County Durham haven't had any updated, even in the major interchanges. I understand that things are changing quite regularly at the minute, but it seems quite silly to have timetables up for services that don't exist anymore, or at least service a particular area anymore.

I wonder why they've not tried at all to update anything but the electronic timetables? Even then I've seen them fail recently, telling people to refer to the paper ones, that are out of date, doesn't seem very fair on the passengers, even despite the current situation.

tyresmoke

30 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm #245
Displaying wrong information is worse than no information in my opinion.

tyresmoke
30 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm #245

Displaying wrong information is worse than no information in my opinion.

30 Jul 2020, 8:17 pm #246
(30 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm)tyresmoke Displaying wrong information is worse than no information in my opinion.

Exactly! I've actually seen the Nexus bus stop maintenance van driving round putting notices in bus stops too. I understand it's a major task to update all the bus stops, but the fact they've done none of them is madness.
deanmachine
30 Jul 2020, 8:17 pm #246

(30 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm)tyresmoke Displaying wrong information is worse than no information in my opinion.

Exactly! I've actually seen the Nexus bus stop maintenance van driving round putting notices in bus stops too. I understand it's a major task to update all the bus stops, but the fact they've done none of them is madness.

Andreos1

30 Jul 2020, 8:22 pm #247
(30 Jul 2020, 7:05 pm)deanmachine Notice there's still a lot of complaints from passengers about the timetables in bus stops being outdated. Both Nexus and County Durham haven't had any updated, even in the major interchanges. I understand that things are changing quite regularly at the minute, but it seems quite silly to have timetables up for services that don't exist anymore, or at least service a particular area anymore.

I used the Woodstone Village stop fairly recently. Still displaying the 71 in its previous incarnation. I think the date displayed was May 19.
Similarly, I am aware that they're still showing timetables for the 238 in and around Seaham.

Andreos1
30 Jul 2020, 8:22 pm #247

(30 Jul 2020, 7:05 pm)deanmachine Notice there's still a lot of complaints from passengers about the timetables in bus stops being outdated. Both Nexus and County Durham haven't had any updated, even in the major interchanges. I understand that things are changing quite regularly at the minute, but it seems quite silly to have timetables up for services that don't exist anymore, or at least service a particular area anymore.

I used the Woodstone Village stop fairly recently. Still displaying the 71 in its previous incarnation. I think the date displayed was May 19.
Similarly, I am aware that they're still showing timetables for the 238 in and around Seaham.

Rob44

31 Jul 2020, 10:40 am #248
i love it when they put a big red paper sign in the bus stop saying due to covid 19 -changes to timetables over the top of the timetables that are now back in use!
Rob44
31 Jul 2020, 10:40 am #248

i love it when they put a big red paper sign in the bus stop saying due to covid 19 -changes to timetables over the top of the timetables that are now back in use!

Adrian

14 Aug 2021, 1:22 pm #249
Please catch your bus from the TA Centre at Sandyford Road, or alternatively somewhere in Iceland...

[Image: gnescreenshot.png]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Aug 2021, 1:22 pm #249

Please catch your bus from the TA Centre at Sandyford Road, or alternatively somewhere in Iceland...

[Image: gnescreenshot.png]

Adrian

30 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #250
Thought I'd give the GNE 'Live Chat' a try earlier, as they've been doing a lot of promotion on Social Media for it, presumably to try and channel-shift people away from phone and email for queries.

It's a good system, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and my query was acknowledged in about 30 seconds and replied to within 2-3 minutes. My only real complaint is that I had to wait until the following morning to ask it.

Thumbs up overall.

Adrian
30 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #250

Thought I'd give the GNE 'Live Chat' a try earlier, as they've been doing a lot of promotion on Social Media for it, presumably to try and channel-shift people away from phone and email for queries.

It's a good system, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and my query was acknowledged in about 30 seconds and replied to within 2-3 minutes. My only real complaint is that I had to wait until the following morning to ask it.

Thumbs up overall.

30 Mar 2022, 4:39 pm #251
(30 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm)Adrian Thought I'd give the GNE 'Live Chat' a try earlier, as they've been doing a lot of promotion on Social Media for it, presumably to try and channel-shift people away from phone and email for queries.

Thumbs up overall.
I've never had any issues with the live chat, they've always been quick and very helpful. Then only issue is, like you say, the opening hours. It's ridiculous that it's closed during 'peak' times, and over the weekend, times when people might actually need assistance!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
30 Mar 2022, 4:39 pm #251

(30 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm)Adrian Thought I'd give the GNE 'Live Chat' a try earlier, as they've been doing a lot of promotion on Social Media for it, presumably to try and channel-shift people away from phone and email for queries.

Thumbs up overall.
I've never had any issues with the live chat, they've always been quick and very helpful. Then only issue is, like you say, the opening hours. It's ridiculous that it's closed during 'peak' times, and over the weekend, times when people might actually need assistance!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Pages (13): Previous 111 12 13

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average