Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What are you doing now you can't go out?

What are you doing now you can't go out?

What are you doing now you can't go out?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
27 Mar 2020, 1:59 pm #1
In these unprecedented times where we aren't allowed to leave the house (except for a few things), what are you doing to fill your time?

I work from home, so things haven't really changed much for me, the only thing that's really changed is all the paperwork I would go to the office to pick up is being scanned and emailed instead. 
The other part of my job is organising events, so obviously that has had to stop, although I've been working at moving things online with the help of video-conferencing and it seems to be going alright, when this all blows over we'll probably keep it up as it's more convenient for clients.

With the time that I would usually spend going out on my adventures, I'm instead 'playing' with all the tools I've acquired recently. I'm also getting back in to 3D modelling and 3D printing now I've had time to get it back up and running.
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 1:59 pm #1

In these unprecedented times where we aren't allowed to leave the house (except for a few things), what are you doing to fill your time?

I work from home, so things haven't really changed much for me, the only thing that's really changed is all the paperwork I would go to the office to pick up is being scanned and emailed instead. 
The other part of my job is organising events, so obviously that has had to stop, although I've been working at moving things online with the help of video-conferencing and it seems to be going alright, when this all blows over we'll probably keep it up as it's more convenient for clients.

With the time that I would usually spend going out on my adventures, I'm instead 'playing' with all the tools I've acquired recently. I'm also getting back in to 3D modelling and 3D printing now I've had time to get it back up and running.

idiot

27 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm #2
Im hosting a couple of online quizzes to try make some income. Accepting donations lol.
idiot
27 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm #2

Im hosting a couple of online quizzes to try make some income. Accepting donations lol.

27 Mar 2020, 2:39 pm #3
(27 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm)idiot Im hosting a couple of online quizzes to try make some income. Accepting donations lol.

That's one thing I miss, not being able to go to Pub Quiz! Tuesday night staple that was!
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 2:39 pm #3

(27 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm)idiot Im hosting a couple of online quizzes to try make some income. Accepting donations lol.

That's one thing I miss, not being able to go to Pub Quiz! Tuesday night staple that was!

idiot

27 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm #4
I miss hosting then... And the income lol
idiot
27 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm #4

I miss hosting then... And the income lol

27 Mar 2020, 5:27 pm #5
(27 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm)idiot I miss hosting then... And the income lol

I like writing quizzes, but I hate hosting them!
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 5:27 pm #5

(27 Mar 2020, 5:22 pm)idiot I miss hosting then... And the income lol

I like writing quizzes, but I hate hosting them!

Michael

27 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm #6
(27 Mar 2020, 5:27 pm)streetdeckfan I like writing quizzes, but I hate hosting them!

Is all your questions about NSA on the X21?, "What was the date, the last time the X-Lines X21 had NSA?" Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm #6

(27 Mar 2020, 5:27 pm)streetdeckfan I like writing quizzes, but I hate hosting them!

Is all your questions about NSA on the X21?, "What was the date, the last time the X-Lines X21 had NSA?" Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

27 Mar 2020, 6:27 pm #7
(27 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm)Michael Is all your questions about NSA on the X21?, "What was the date, the last time the X-Lines X21 had NSA?" Tongue

Nah, more like "How many different interior specs will the X21 have when the new StreetDecks arrive?" and "How many times can I ask Dan the same question without getting banned?"
Seriously though, I have snuck in a few public transport questions and sometimes people even get them right!
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 6:27 pm #7

(27 Mar 2020, 5:33 pm)Michael Is all your questions about NSA on the X21?, "What was the date, the last time the X-Lines X21 had NSA?" Tongue

Nah, more like "How many different interior specs will the X21 have when the new StreetDecks arrive?" and "How many times can I ask Dan the same question without getting banned?"
Seriously though, I have snuck in a few public transport questions and sometimes people even get them right!

BusLoverMum

27 Mar 2020, 6:58 pm #8
Husband is working from home on a pretty full schedule. He's a software developer so most of his work is pretty portable. Most of their work is for Sweden, at the moment and he was needing to do a training course in Germany but, obviously, that can't happen, now. Hopefully the course providers will find a way to deliver a version of it remotely, though that won't enable him to familiarise himself with any of the hardware involved.

Meantime, I'm on a constant quest to keep 3 hungry males filled up according to their, in 2 cases pretty narrow, specifications and to keep the younger 2 from killing each other. Luckily, we live on the edge of aykley woods and the nearby nature reserve. Took littlun for a scramble up the hill next to the dli, yesterday.

The forecast for this weekend is bloody cold, so hopefully there won't be too many idiots interpreting their one form of exercise as driving off somewhere for a jolly with thousands of other people, putting too much strain on the police and losing us that particular freedom.
BusLoverMum
27 Mar 2020, 6:58 pm #8

Husband is working from home on a pretty full schedule. He's a software developer so most of his work is pretty portable. Most of their work is for Sweden, at the moment and he was needing to do a training course in Germany but, obviously, that can't happen, now. Hopefully the course providers will find a way to deliver a version of it remotely, though that won't enable him to familiarise himself with any of the hardware involved.

Meantime, I'm on a constant quest to keep 3 hungry males filled up according to their, in 2 cases pretty narrow, specifications and to keep the younger 2 from killing each other. Luckily, we live on the edge of aykley woods and the nearby nature reserve. Took littlun for a scramble up the hill next to the dli, yesterday.

The forecast for this weekend is bloody cold, so hopefully there won't be too many idiots interpreting their one form of exercise as driving off somewhere for a jolly with thousands of other people, putting too much strain on the police and losing us that particular freedom.

Jimmi

27 Mar 2020, 8:00 pm #9
Losing all sense of order and sanity...

As somebody who spends a lot of their time out and about for various reasons, suddenly going from that to only being able to go out for about an hour a day to partake in a walk is taking it's toll on my mental health a bit leaving 14-15 hours a day to try and occupy myself with and failing miserably.

I have been making frequent archive postings to my Flickr and Instagram accounts so check that out if you're interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/
Jimmi
27 Mar 2020, 8:00 pm #9

Losing all sense of order and sanity...

As somebody who spends a lot of their time out and about for various reasons, suddenly going from that to only being able to go out for about an hour a day to partake in a walk is taking it's toll on my mental health a bit leaving 14-15 hours a day to try and occupy myself with and failing miserably.

I have been making frequent archive postings to my Flickr and Instagram accounts so check that out if you're interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/

Adrian

27 Mar 2020, 8:04 pm #10
I'm still working from home, but aside from that I've:
* Started playing Championship Manager 93/94 again
* Watching archive stuff on WWE Network
* Watching stuff on Netflix
* Playing on the Switch

The novelty is likely to wear off soon, so I might even take Jimmi's lead and start uploading some photos again.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Mar 2020, 8:04 pm #10

I'm still working from home, but aside from that I've:
* Started playing Championship Manager 93/94 again
* Watching archive stuff on WWE Network
* Watching stuff on Netflix
* Playing on the Switch

The novelty is likely to wear off soon, so I might even take Jimmi's lead and start uploading some photos again.

BusLoverMum

27 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm #11
I've just picked up a sweater I abandoned about 85% complete, over 8 years ago. Not even sure if it'll actually fit me, once I've finished it but it's been taunting me for too long.
BusLoverMum
27 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm #11

I've just picked up a sweater I abandoned about 85% complete, over 8 years ago. Not even sure if it'll actually fit me, once I've finished it but it's been taunting me for too long.

27 Mar 2020, 9:06 pm #12
(27 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm)BusLoverMum I've just picked up a sweater I abandoned about 85% complete, over 8 years ago. Not even sure if it'll actually fit me, once I've finished it but it's been taunting me for too long.

I've found I've been cooking meals from scratch a lot more. The issue with the house is it's literally a 2 minute walk to McDonalds, Subway or KFC. Same with LIDL and Aldi, I would just wait until I was hungry then buy what I fancied, which usually ended up being something quick and easy like a Pizza or pasta, or a McDonalds wrap!
Since it's literally impossible to buy pasta any more and you can only eat so many pizzas, I've been forced to actually plan meals.
I normally bake my own bread, but it's also impossible to buy yeast, never mind the flour.
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 9:06 pm #12

(27 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm)BusLoverMum I've just picked up a sweater I abandoned about 85% complete, over 8 years ago. Not even sure if it'll actually fit me, once I've finished it but it's been taunting me for too long.

I've found I've been cooking meals from scratch a lot more. The issue with the house is it's literally a 2 minute walk to McDonalds, Subway or KFC. Same with LIDL and Aldi, I would just wait until I was hungry then buy what I fancied, which usually ended up being something quick and easy like a Pizza or pasta, or a McDonalds wrap!
Since it's literally impossible to buy pasta any more and you can only eat so many pizzas, I've been forced to actually plan meals.
I normally bake my own bread, but it's also impossible to buy yeast, never mind the flour.

Adrian

27 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm #13
For anyone that likes old computer games, try:
* Old DOS based games: https://www.myabandonware.com/
* DOS emulator to run the said games: https://www.dosbox.com/

Clearly you download stuff at your own risk, but I've had no problems. Smile

Adrian
27 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm #13

For anyone that likes old computer games, try:

27 Mar 2020, 10:33 pm #14
(27 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm)Adrian For anyone that likes old computer games, try:

The only old game I could ever get in to is Manic Miner, that game is just so addictive!
streetdeckfan
27 Mar 2020, 10:33 pm #14

(27 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm)Adrian For anyone that likes old computer games, try:

The only old game I could ever get in to is Manic Miner, that game is just so addictive!

BusLoverMum

28 Mar 2020, 8:45 am #15
(27 Mar 2020, 9:06 pm)streetdeckfan I've found I've been cooking meals from scratch a lot more. The issue with the house is it's literally a 2 minute walk to McDonalds, Subway or KFC. Same with LIDL and Aldi, I would just wait until I was hungry then buy what I fancied, which usually ended up being something quick and easy like a Pizza or pasta, or a McDonalds wrap!

And fresh pasta. Markses had that, earlier this week. 
Sainsburys had bread flour, yesterday, so it's getting better. I've got a big packet of doves farm yeast which I use in my breadmaker. Without yeast, you can always set a sourdough starter going.
BusLoverMum
28 Mar 2020, 8:45 am #15

(27 Mar 2020, 9:06 pm)streetdeckfan I've found I've been cooking meals from scratch a lot more. The issue with the house is it's literally a 2 minute walk to McDonalds, Subway or KFC. Same with LIDL and Aldi, I would just wait until I was hungry then buy what I fancied, which usually ended up being something quick and easy like a Pizza or pasta, or a McDonalds wrap!

And fresh pasta. Markses had that, earlier this week. 
Sainsburys had bread flour, yesterday, so it's getting better. I've got a big packet of doves farm yeast which I use in my breadmaker. Without yeast, you can always set a sourdough starter going.

Andreos1

28 Mar 2020, 11:00 am #16
Reminiscing about older, better, simpler times. 

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1...74496?s=19
Being the latest.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Mar 2020, 11:00 am #16

Reminiscing about older, better, simpler times. 

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1...74496?s=19
Being the latest.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

28 Mar 2020, 12:06 pm #17
(28 Mar 2020, 8:45 am)BusLoverMum Sainsburys had bread flour, yesterday, so it's getting better. I've got a big packet of doves farm yeast which I use in my breadmaker. Without yeast, you can always set a sourdough starter going.

Hopefully Aldi will start to get it back in. My breadmaker started tripping the electric so I've just been making it in the stand mixer and shoving it in the oven. If I'm particularly bored I'll knead it by hand!
I've never been that much of a fan of sourdough bread. I don't mind sourdough pizza but I find the bread a bit too much!
streetdeckfan
28 Mar 2020, 12:06 pm #17

(28 Mar 2020, 8:45 am)BusLoverMum Sainsburys had bread flour, yesterday, so it's getting better. I've got a big packet of doves farm yeast which I use in my breadmaker. Without yeast, you can always set a sourdough starter going.

Hopefully Aldi will start to get it back in. My breadmaker started tripping the electric so I've just been making it in the stand mixer and shoving it in the oven. If I'm particularly bored I'll knead it by hand!
I've never been that much of a fan of sourdough bread. I don't mind sourdough pizza but I find the bread a bit too much!

28 Mar 2020, 12:40 pm #18
I play Solitaire a bit. I am also reading some books I still have but haven't read for a few years. I can spend a bit of time I would have spent on transport days out reading transport books and magazine articles.

I may get to hear other BBC Radio Newcastle shows online to make up for other radio presenters being off air for now.
MetrolineGA1511
28 Mar 2020, 12:40 pm #18

I play Solitaire a bit. I am also reading some books I still have but haven't read for a few years. I can spend a bit of time I would have spent on transport days out reading transport books and magazine articles.

I may get to hear other BBC Radio Newcastle shows online to make up for other radio presenters being off air for now.

BusLoverMum

28 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm #19
Got a hairy bikers' creamy chicken korma bubbling away.

Sadly I found out that the little Indian grocery near us has had to close because the store is too small to allow adequate social distancing.
BusLoverMum
28 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm #19

Got a hairy bikers' creamy chicken korma bubbling away.

Sadly I found out that the little Indian grocery near us has had to close because the store is too small to allow adequate social distancing.

28 Mar 2020, 5:30 pm #20
(28 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm)BusLoverMum Got a hairy bikers' creamy chicken korma bubbling away.

Ooh, korma is the only curry I can tolerate. It's not the lack of heat (I love hot food), I just prefer 'boring' foods!

I made a chicken and chorizo in a cheesy white sauce pie last night. Although rather ironically, I made a vegan pastry for it! ?
No idea what I'm making tonight, but those Mozzarella sticks in the freezer I bought from Costco have been staring at me for a few days!
streetdeckfan
28 Mar 2020, 5:30 pm #20

(28 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm)BusLoverMum Got a hairy bikers' creamy chicken korma bubbling away.

Ooh, korma is the only curry I can tolerate. It's not the lack of heat (I love hot food), I just prefer 'boring' foods!

I made a chicken and chorizo in a cheesy white sauce pie last night. Although rather ironically, I made a vegan pastry for it! ?
No idea what I'm making tonight, but those Mozzarella sticks in the freezer I bought from Costco have been staring at me for a few days!

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average