Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

What has amused you/made you laugh today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (50): Previous 144 45 4650 Next
Jimmi

21 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm #881
(21 Sep 2019, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan I'd love to have a stalker, it'd be quite useful when have one too many bags to carry
It's less fun than it sounds, I've had a few stalkers in my time and it's scary how some take more of an interest in my life than I do, really not much of interest to find out about me lol

Happen to know some in this hobby creep on me and my profiles which are quite easy to find, should probably make it more difficult to do so haha
Jimmi
21 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm #881

(21 Sep 2019, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan I'd love to have a stalker, it'd be quite useful when have one too many bags to carry
It's less fun than it sounds, I've had a few stalkers in my time and it's scary how some take more of an interest in my life than I do, really not much of interest to find out about me lol

Happen to know some in this hobby creep on me and my profiles which are quite easy to find, should probably make it more difficult to do so haha

21 Sep 2019, 4:52 pm #882

(21 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm)Jimmi It's less fun than it sounds, I've had a few stalkers in my time and it's scary how some take more of an interest in my life than I do, really not much of interest to find out about me lol

Maybe you should try not using your name or picture! I have a different pseudonym for everything I do online, although I suppose with fairly little effort someone could probably figure out my true identity!

streetdeckfan
21 Sep 2019, 4:52 pm #882

(21 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm)Jimmi It's less fun than it sounds, I've had a few stalkers in my time and it's scary how some take more of an interest in my life than I do, really not much of interest to find out about me lol

Maybe you should try not using your name or picture! I have a different pseudonym for everything I do online, although I suppose with fairly little effort someone could probably figure out my true identity!

Jimmi

21 Sep 2019, 4:55 pm #883
(21 Sep 2019, 4:52 pm)streetdeckfan

Yeah would help lol

You'd be amazed where I've been found at times, you'll likely find me on a X21 before long (if you haven't already) haha

I am a bit of a creepy stalker myself so I can't say much about anyone else lol
Jimmi
21 Sep 2019, 4:55 pm #883

(21 Sep 2019, 4:52 pm)streetdeckfan

Yeah would help lol

You'd be amazed where I've been found at times, you'll likely find me on a X21 before long (if you haven't already) haha

21 Sep 2019, 5:14 pm #884
(21 Sep 2019, 4:55 pm)Jimmi Yeah would help lol

Considering I literally spend half my life on the X21, I don't doubt it!
I like to break up my journeys on it so I'm often on it 6 separate times a day
streetdeckfan
21 Sep 2019, 5:14 pm #884

(21 Sep 2019, 4:55 pm)Jimmi Yeah would help lol

Considering I literally spend half my life on the X21, I don't doubt it!
I like to break up my journeys on it so I'm often on it 6 separate times a day

Andreos1

21 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm #885

All of these public profiles that people have, selfies, links to fb/twitter, self promotion and Flickr accounts with the exif data it shares... It has got to carry risks.

Hence the (relative) anonymity I try to maintain.

I don't want waifs and strays following my every move.

I'm not saying people can't share this info, but there needs to be some appreciation that it may come back to haunt some.

I remember commenting on David Horne's use of twitter on the forum and wondering if Martijn Gilbert would come to regret it as he started working for a company with a bigger fanbase. Whilst I am sure both David and Martijns use of twitter achieves positive things, there must be negative.

Stewart Donald at Sunderland must regret the day he used his social media in the way he did when he first arrived.

I remember going to a meeting at East Coast House in York a year or two back and DH was the person to have signed in, in front of me.

Imagine if I was a 'social media weirdo'?!

Owt could have been said or done!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm #885

All of these public profiles that people have, selfies, links to fb/twitter, self promotion and Flickr accounts with the exif data it shares... It has got to carry risks.

I'm not saying people can't share this info, but there needs to be some appreciation that it may come back to haunt some.

I remember commenting on David Horne's use of twitter on the forum and wondering if Martijn Gilbert would come to regret it as he started working for a company with a bigger fanbase. Whilst I am sure both David and Martijns use of twitter achieves positive things, there must be negative.

Stewart Donald at Sunderland must regret the day he used his social media in the way he did when he first arrived.

I remember going to a meeting at East Coast House in York a year or two back and DH was the person to have signed in, in front of me.

22 Sep 2019, 12:07 am #886

(21 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm)Andreos1

I honestly don't get why people get obsessed with 'famous' people, at the end of the day they're just people. There's nowt special about them.

I prefer to try and be as 'anonymous' as possible online, I see no reason for people to know my real name, what I look like or where I live when all we're doing is chatting shite about what bus is on the 21 today, or how much I dislike the location of the white stripe on the new X30 livery.

But then again, if you looked through all my posts on here, you can probably work out near enough where I live by what buses I say I use and what areas I complain about the GNE app not working in. Heck, I've probably given enough detail in my posts to identify me if you were to see me on the bus that I say I travel on (and no, that's not a challenge!)

It's like I find it strange that some people I know will burn any letter with their name and address on instead of throwing it out, but then post pictures of their house, their car, their kids in their school uniform on Instagram for the whole world to see.

As for what you said about regretting posting on social media, I'm sick and tired of seeing people apologising for things they posted on Twitter 10 years ago.

If I posted something racist on Twitter back then, chances are I still believe it now, why pretend that I've 'changed' and 'see things differently now'.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world, people who do bad things, and people who pretend they don't do bad things.

streetdeckfan
22 Sep 2019, 12:07 am #886

(21 Sep 2019, 10:27 pm)Andreos1

I honestly don't get why people get obsessed with 'famous' people, at the end of the day they're just people. There's nowt special about them.

I prefer to try and be as 'anonymous' as possible online, I see no reason for people to know my real name, what I look like or where I live when all we're doing is chatting shite about what bus is on the 21 today, or how much I dislike the location of the white stripe on the new X30 livery.

But then again, if you looked through all my posts on here, you can probably work out near enough where I live by what buses I say I use and what areas I complain about the GNE app not working in. Heck, I've probably given enough detail in my posts to identify me if you were to see me on the bus that I say I travel on (and no, that's not a challenge!)

It's like I find it strange that some people I know will burn any letter with their name and address on instead of throwing it out, but then post pictures of their house, their car, their kids in their school uniform on Instagram for the whole world to see.

As for what you said about regretting posting on social media, I'm sick and tired of seeing people apologising for things they posted on Twitter 10 years ago.

If I posted something racist on Twitter back then, chances are I still believe it now, why pretend that I've 'changed' and 'see things differently now'.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world, people who do bad things, and people who pretend they don't do bad things.

Jimmi

22 Sep 2019, 8:41 am #887
(22 Sep 2019, 12:07 am)streetdeckfan

I accept the challenge

I ain't a fan of the celeb obsessed culture either. Those who have been members on here for longer will remember that I used to have some level of anonymity to begin with all my bus accounts just being 'Jimmi' but if you take pics with a DSLR camera you do start to get recognised haha, eventually I decided to join Facebook and made my true identity know within the community which I did as I wanted to interact more with members of the enthusiast community and for the most part I'm pleased I did as have gotten to know more people over the years and made friends which is great for a shy loner like me lol, although I share snippets of my life on social media I don't share every detail of my personal life although you can only hide so much for so long especially as enthusiasts as nosey as owt myself included haha
Jimmi
22 Sep 2019, 8:41 am #887

(22 Sep 2019, 12:07 am)streetdeckfan

I accept the challenge

I ain't a fan of the celeb obsessed culture either. Those who have been members on here for longer will remember that I used to have some level of anonymity to begin with all my bus accounts just being 'Jimmi' but if you take pics with a DSLR camera you do start to get recognised haha, eventually I decided to join Facebook and made my true identity know within the community which I did as I wanted to interact more with members of the enthusiast community and for the most part I'm pleased I did as have gotten to know more people over the years and made friends which is great for a shy loner like me lol, although I share snippets of my life on social media I don't share every detail of my personal life although you can only hide so much for so long especially as enthusiasts as nosey as owt myself included haha

22 Sep 2019, 10:47 am #888

(22 Sep 2019, 8:41 am)Jimmi I accept the challenge

I like being a shy loner! In fact, I moved 25 miles just to get out of seeing my friends every day, so now instead of living 3 stops away, I live 3 hours away!

Oh, so you're one of those weirdos who stands at the side of the road with the massive camera!

Even as someone who loves photography, I have never understood why people like taking pictures of things. I have a friend who travels a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean she's in the country for maybe 3 months over the whole year), an she takes photos of everything, we went on a National Holiday down to the Cotswolds and she spent half the time just taking photos instead of actually looking around.

But then again, I do much prefer the post-processing side of photography these days. I could (and do) just sit in Photoshop for hours, or Illustrator more recently with GNE adding vector graphics to everything!

I literally just use my Twitter account to complain to companies (if you haven't noticed already, I really like complaining), it seems to be more effective than actually going through customer services for most thing! And 99% of my Facebook account is being tagged in memes. I haven't even updated my profile picture for nearly 10 years! I've even removed most of the people I know because I'm really not interested in their life, the only ones I've kept are the people who are a walking disaster so I can at least have some light entertainment!

I am literally the nosiest person ever, in fact friends come to me if they want to know about someone. It's actually fairly easy to find out where people live once you know a few key details.

streetdeckfan
22 Sep 2019, 10:47 am #888

(22 Sep 2019, 8:41 am)Jimmi I accept the challenge

I like being a shy loner! In fact, I moved 25 miles just to get out of seeing my friends every day, so now instead of living 3 stops away, I live 3 hours away!

Oh, so you're one of those weirdos who stands at the side of the road with the massive camera!

Even as someone who loves photography, I have never understood why people like taking pictures of things. I have a friend who travels a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean she's in the country for maybe 3 months over the whole year), an she takes photos of everything, we went on a National Holiday down to the Cotswolds and she spent half the time just taking photos instead of actually looking around.

But then again, I do much prefer the post-processing side of photography these days. I could (and do) just sit in Photoshop for hours, or Illustrator more recently with GNE adding vector graphics to everything!

I literally just use my Twitter account to complain to companies (if you haven't noticed already, I really like complaining), it seems to be more effective than actually going through customer services for most thing! And 99% of my Facebook account is being tagged in memes. I haven't even updated my profile picture for nearly 10 years! I've even removed most of the people I know because I'm really not interested in their life, the only ones I've kept are the people who are a walking disaster so I can at least have some light entertainment!

I am literally the nosiest person ever, in fact friends come to me if they want to know about someone. It's actually fairly easy to find out where people live once you know a few key details.

14 Dec 2019, 11:39 pm #889
[Image: 705b70147a335ecbcdea17e6df077337.jpg]

Santa driving a bus today in York

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
14 Dec 2019, 11:39 pm #889

[Image: 705b70147a335ecbcdea17e6df077337.jpg]

BusLoverMum

15 Dec 2019, 9:55 pm #890
(14 Dec 2019, 11:39 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 705b70147a335ecbcdea17e6df077337.jpg]

He gets around. He was driving the X30 and 16 we got home from Newcastle, this afternoon.
BusLoverMum
15 Dec 2019, 9:55 pm #890

(14 Dec 2019, 11:39 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 705b70147a335ecbcdea17e6df077337.jpg]

He gets around. He was driving the X30 and 16 we got home from Newcastle, this afternoon.

16 Dec 2019, 7:11 am #891
BusLoverMum He gets around. He was driving the X30 and 16 we got home from Newcastle, this afternoon.
We had the Grinch the other day!

And he was able to prove that he was the real one, as when my six-year-old daughter challenged him he replied using her name, and he could only know that if he was the real Grinch and was using magic, couldn't he??!!

(Or possibly the driver and I used to ride the rails together in the late eighties …..)
Ianthegoon
16 Dec 2019, 7:11 am #891

BusLoverMum He gets around. He was driving the X30 and 16 we got home from Newcastle, this afternoon.
We had the Grinch the other day!

And he was able to prove that he was the real one, as when my six-year-old daughter challenged him he replied using her name, and he could only know that if he was the real Grinch and was using magic, couldn't he??!!

(Or possibly the driver and I used to ride the rails together in the late eighties …..)

BusLoverMum

17 Jul 2020, 12:05 pm #892
Such a lovely slip ;D
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200717_130145_com.android.chrome.jpg
Size: 377.48 KB / Downloads: 36
BusLoverMum
17 Jul 2020, 12:05 pm #892

Such a lovely slip ;D

Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200717_130145_com.android.chrome.jpg
Size: 377.48 KB / Downloads: 36

Andreos1

23 Jul 2020, 12:42 pm #893
Does MG know his protoge is moonlighting behind the bar in a Stockton micropub?! 

.jpg
Screenshot_20200723_111426_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Size: 565.36 KB / Downloads: 43

Big Grin

Andreos1
23 Jul 2020, 12:42 pm #893

Does MG know his protoge is moonlighting behind the bar in a Stockton micropub?! 

.jpg
Screenshot_20200723_111426_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Size: 565.36 KB / Downloads: 43

Big Grin

James101

24 Jul 2020, 10:15 am #894
Not even lunchtime and I’ve seen more chin cradles than I can count.
James101
24 Jul 2020, 10:15 am #894

Not even lunchtime and I’ve seen more chin cradles than I can count.

BusLoverMum

27 Jul 2020, 2:51 pm #895
(24 Jul 2020, 10:15 am)James101 Not even lunchtime and I’ve seen more chin cradles than I can count.
I prefer to wear mine as a wristband when I'm drying out my sweaty face.
BusLoverMum
27 Jul 2020, 2:51 pm #895

(24 Jul 2020, 10:15 am)James101 Not even lunchtime and I’ve seen more chin cradles than I can count.
I prefer to wear mine as a wristband when I'm drying out my sweaty face.

31 Jul 2020, 6:55 am #896
I'm doing some work on my mother's house in Crook and ordered some stuff to get delivered on Amazon, I checked the tracking this morning and coming from the facility in Carlisle!
I thought this was a fluke but checked a delivery from last week and that was from Carlisle as well!

Imagine driving a 150 mile round trip for some sandpaper and a scraper!
streetdeckfan
31 Jul 2020, 6:55 am #896

I'm doing some work on my mother's house in Crook and ordered some stuff to get delivered on Amazon, I checked the tracking this morning and coming from the facility in Carlisle!
I thought this was a fluke but checked a delivery from last week and that was from Carlisle as well!

Storx

31 Jul 2020, 8:40 am #897
(31 Jul 2020, 6:55 am)streetdeckfan I'm doing some work on my mother's house in Crook and ordered some stuff to get delivered on Amazon, I checked the tracking this morning and coming from the facility in Carlisle!

It wouldn't be that bad Tongue I'm guessing they'll do all of Weardale aswell be more fun doing places like Stanhope etc having a nice drive in the countryside than going round a city all day. Makes sense to tag Crook on the end of the run. Well as long as they get a petrol allowance anyway otherwise it'd be a bit crap money wise.

I know I'd take it any day over somewhere like Meadowwell or Scotswood.
Storx
31 Jul 2020, 8:40 am #897

(31 Jul 2020, 6:55 am)streetdeckfan I'm doing some work on my mother's house in Crook and ordered some stuff to get delivered on Amazon, I checked the tracking this morning and coming from the facility in Carlisle!

It wouldn't be that bad Tongue I'm guessing they'll do all of Weardale aswell be more fun doing places like Stanhope etc having a nice drive in the countryside than going round a city all day. Makes sense to tag Crook on the end of the run. Well as long as they get a petrol allowance anyway otherwise it'd be a bit crap money wise.

31 Jul 2020, 8:47 am #898
(31 Jul 2020, 8:40 am)Storx It wouldn't be that bad Tongue I'm guessing they'll do all of Weardale aswell be more fun doing places like Stanhope etc having a nice drive in the countryside than going round a city all day. Makes sense to tag Crook on the end of the run. Well as long as they get a petrol allowance anyway otherwise it'd be a bit crap money wise.

Good point, although my mother had an Amazon order on the same day last week, I just checked and hers came from the Newcastle facility!
streetdeckfan
31 Jul 2020, 8:47 am #898

(31 Jul 2020, 8:40 am)Storx It wouldn't be that bad Tongue I'm guessing they'll do all of Weardale aswell be more fun doing places like Stanhope etc having a nice drive in the countryside than going round a city all day. Makes sense to tag Crook on the end of the run. Well as long as they get a petrol allowance anyway otherwise it'd be a bit crap money wise.

Good point, although my mother had an Amazon order on the same day last week, I just checked and hers came from the Newcastle facility!

31 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm #899

When I was in University in Swansea, I worked for Asda as a delivery driver, we used to deliver as far away as Aberystwyth from the Swansea store. I think our upper limit was 70 miles from the store. It was a much, much better job then when I graduated and transferred to the store in the Galleries after, which the furthest I got from Washy was Town End Farm, and Birtley!
deanmachine
31 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm #899

When I was in University in Swansea, I worked for Asda as a delivery driver, we used to deliver as far away as Aberystwyth from the Swansea store. I think our upper limit was 70 miles from the store. It was a much, much better job then when I graduated and transferred to the store in the Galleries after, which the furthest I got from Washy was Town End Farm, and Birtley!

28 Aug 2020, 2:37 pm #900
https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news...de-4461490

Stagecoach buses keep stopping outside my Hythe home and now I need medical help

TEN 6083
28 Aug 2020, 2:37 pm #900

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news...de-4461490

Stagecoach buses keep stopping outside my Hythe home and now I need medical help

Pages (50): Previous 144 45 4650 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average