Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Go North East & Stanley Travel to assist Arriva Northumberland due to Covid Issues

Go North East & Stanley Travel to assist Arriva Northumberland due to Covid Issues

Go North East & Stanley Travel to assist Arriva Northumberland due to Covid Issues

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Dan

Site Administrator

19 Feb 2021, 8:59 pm #41
(19 Feb 2021, 8:37 pm)R838PRG What other routes are programmed?

None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
19 Feb 2021, 8:59 pm #41

(19 Feb 2021, 8:37 pm)R838PRG What other routes are programmed?

None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobinHood

19 Feb 2021, 10:17 pm #42
(19 Feb 2021, 6:16 pm)CookieMonster GNE are now operating some Arriva service 51 services.

Stanley taxi are now operating some 46 service to help with Arriva driver shortage.

Other routes are expected to follow as Arriva routes are now programmed into the GNE ticket machines.

The rumor of big shakeup among the North East bus operators with various options to merge company together is started up again. It is pretty much inevitable that something pretty drastic will happen when the funding finally does stop and it will eventually. Council looks to be the most likely option. In 2014 the council put together an idea to run the buses. The name NE buses has been dropped around a few times, indeed GNE have been operating dupes for stagecoach and Arriva for a while. All operators have come together to except each other tickets and now GNE is operating the majority of Arriva 51 service it quite obvious the direction things seem to be going in but and i must stress we will just have to wait and see what happens with covid restrictions ease.

Stay safe everyone.

What a load of nonsense.

Go North East and Stanley Travel are temporarily operating Services 46 and 51 on behalf of Arriva, not instead of.

This is due to Arriva suffering driver shortages as a result of drivers either testing positive for COVID-19 or self isolating because they may have been near someone who has.

It is silly rumors and conjecture like this, that actually worries drivers in the locations suggested that their jobs could be at risk.

Pathetic.
RobinHood
19 Feb 2021, 10:17 pm #42

(19 Feb 2021, 6:16 pm)CookieMonster GNE are now operating some Arriva service 51 services.

Stanley taxi are now operating some 46 service to help with Arriva driver shortage.

Other routes are expected to follow as Arriva routes are now programmed into the GNE ticket machines.

The rumor of big shakeup among the North East bus operators with various options to merge company together is started up again. It is pretty much inevitable that something pretty drastic will happen when the funding finally does stop and it will eventually. Council looks to be the most likely option. In 2014 the council put together an idea to run the buses. The name NE buses has been dropped around a few times, indeed GNE have been operating dupes for stagecoach and Arriva for a while. All operators have come together to except each other tickets and now GNE is operating the majority of Arriva 51 service it quite obvious the direction things seem to be going in but and i must stress we will just have to wait and see what happens with covid restrictions ease.

Stay safe everyone.

What a load of nonsense.

Go North East and Stanley Travel are temporarily operating Services 46 and 51 on behalf of Arriva, not instead of.

This is due to Arriva suffering driver shortages as a result of drivers either testing positive for COVID-19 or self isolating because they may have been near someone who has.

It is silly rumors and conjecture like this, that actually worries drivers in the locations suggested that their jobs could be at risk.

Pathetic.

Drifter60

19 Feb 2021, 11:47 pm #43
(19 Feb 2021, 10:17 pm)RobinHood What a load of nonsense.

Pathetic.

Well to be fair, no matter who runs the route they’ll still need the driver to drive it, so whilst this is all speculation and conjecture, any changes permanently would be very unlikely to result in job losses.
Drifter60
19 Feb 2021, 11:47 pm #43

(19 Feb 2021, 10:17 pm)RobinHood What a load of nonsense.

Pathetic.

Well to be fair, no matter who runs the route they’ll still need the driver to drive it, so whilst this is all speculation and conjecture, any changes permanently would be very unlikely to result in job losses.

Storx

20 Feb 2021, 12:13 am #44
(19 Feb 2021, 11:47 pm)Drifter60 Well to be fair, no matter who runs the route they’ll still need the driver to drive it, so whilst this is all speculation and conjecture, any changes permanently would be very unlikely to result in job losses.

Not sure mind, you missed the locations bit. If everything merged then something would go with the 306/308/309/310. The Q3 and 46 would likely merge. Killingworth services with Stagecoach ie X63 will be merged with the 52 and 54 etc. Gosforth services with Stagecoach and Arriva would be streamlined. The 22 and 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle will be merged and so on. The 18 and Q3 would likely become merged.

I definitely agree with him tbh, I'd be worried if everything was merged around here. Percy Main would pretty much become redundant.
Storx
20 Feb 2021, 12:13 am #44

(19 Feb 2021, 11:47 pm)Drifter60 Well to be fair, no matter who runs the route they’ll still need the driver to drive it, so whilst this is all speculation and conjecture, any changes permanently would be very unlikely to result in job losses.

Not sure mind, you missed the locations bit. If everything merged then something would go with the 306/308/309/310. The Q3 and 46 would likely merge. Killingworth services with Stagecoach ie X63 will be merged with the 52 and 54 etc. Gosforth services with Stagecoach and Arriva would be streamlined. The 22 and 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle will be merged and so on. The 18 and Q3 would likely become merged.

I definitely agree with him tbh, I'd be worried if everything was merged around here. Percy Main would pretty much become redundant.

Drifter60

20 Feb 2021, 12:20 am #45
(20 Feb 2021, 12:13 am)Storx Not sure mind, you missed the locations bit. If everything merged then something would go with the 306/308/309/310. The Q3 and 46 would likely merge. Killingworth services with Stagecoach ie X63 will be merged with the 52 and 54 etc. Gosforth services with Stagecoach and Arriva would be streamlined. The 22 and 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle will be merged and so on. The 18 and Q3 would likely become merged.

Well I see your point, obviously it’s very speculative so probably not getting worth too into it. I suppose I was just pointing out that for the vast majority even IF Arriva and Go North East merged, widespread job losses are somewhat unlikely. Although yes, depot locations etc could change and might certainly cause problems for individuals. This is clearly conjecture in any case, no suggestion of this been anything more than one operator filling a gap.
Drifter60
20 Feb 2021, 12:20 am #45

(20 Feb 2021, 12:13 am)Storx Not sure mind, you missed the locations bit. If everything merged then something would go with the 306/308/309/310. The Q3 and 46 would likely merge. Killingworth services with Stagecoach ie X63 will be merged with the 52 and 54 etc. Gosforth services with Stagecoach and Arriva would be streamlined. The 22 and 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle will be merged and so on. The 18 and Q3 would likely become merged.

Well I see your point, obviously it’s very speculative so probably not getting worth too into it. I suppose I was just pointing out that for the vast majority even IF Arriva and Go North East merged, widespread job losses are somewhat unlikely. Although yes, depot locations etc could change and might certainly cause problems for individuals. This is clearly conjecture in any case, no suggestion of this been anything more than one operator filling a gap.

L469 YVK

20 Feb 2021, 1:37 pm #46
(20 Feb 2021, 12:20 am)Drifter60 Well I see your point, obviously it’s very speculative so probably not getting worth too into it. I suppose I was just pointing out that for the vast majority even IF Arriva and Go North East merged, widespread job losses are somewhat unlikely. Although yes, depot locations etc could change and might certainly cause problems for individuals. This is clearly conjecture in any case, no suggestion of this been anything more than one operator filling a gap.
Unless Nexus took full control like the original quality contracts idea, I doubt that GNE would get the full Northumbria division. Stagecoach would likely land Blyth (X10/X11 & 306/308 suit their high frequency route profile perfectly). GNE would most likely land Ashington & Jesmond with the latter being closed and split between Percy Main (or new depot) and Riverside.
L469 YVK
20 Feb 2021, 1:37 pm #46

(20 Feb 2021, 12:20 am)Drifter60 Well I see your point, obviously it’s very speculative so probably not getting worth too into it. I suppose I was just pointing out that for the vast majority even IF Arriva and Go North East merged, widespread job losses are somewhat unlikely. Although yes, depot locations etc could change and might certainly cause problems for individuals. This is clearly conjecture in any case, no suggestion of this been anything more than one operator filling a gap.
Unless Nexus took full control like the original quality contracts idea, I doubt that GNE would get the full Northumbria division. Stagecoach would likely land Blyth (X10/X11 & 306/308 suit their high frequency route profile perfectly). GNE would most likely land Ashington & Jesmond with the latter being closed and split between Percy Main (or new depot) and Riverside.

Storx

20 Feb 2021, 2:13 pm #47

Yeah definitely agreed, wouldn't even call it speculative tbh as there's nothing of substance it's just made up nonsense imo.
Storx
20 Feb 2021, 2:13 pm #47

Yeah definitely agreed, wouldn't even call it speculative tbh as there's nothing of substance it's just made up nonsense imo.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Feb 2021, 4:25 pm #48
Moderation note: Additional thread regarding this topic merged into the first thread, and moved into Arriva North East section given Stanley Travel's involvement.
Dan
20 Feb 2021, 4:25 pm #48

Moderation note: Additional thread regarding this topic merged into the first thread, and moved into Arriva North East section given Stanley Travel's involvement.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm #49
5273 on service 51A:
[Image: 50959345566_f84f1b1b59.jpg]Go North East 5273/NK56 KKJ by Leo Dembry, on Flickr
Dan
20 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm #49

5273 on service 51A:
[Image: 50959345566_f84f1b1b59.jpg]Go North East 5273/NK56 KKJ by Leo Dembry, on Flickr

N391OTY

21 Feb 2021, 12:16 am #50
(20 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm)Dan 5273 on service 51A:

Noticed Arriva vehicles were operating some 51 and 51A services yesterday (Saturday) with the usual solos. Hopefully with Jesmond drivers ! 
N391OTY
21 Feb 2021, 12:16 am #50

(20 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm)Dan 5273 on service 51A:

Noticed Arriva vehicles were operating some 51 and 51A services yesterday (Saturday) with the usual solos. Hopefully with Jesmond drivers ! 

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Apr 2021, 3:32 pm #51
From Monday 12 April, Arriva will take the operation of services 46 and 51/51A back in-house, with Go North East and Stanley Travel no longer being required to operate these services.
Dan
11 Apr 2021, 3:32 pm #51

From Monday 12 April, Arriva will take the operation of services 46 and 51/51A back in-house, with Go North East and Stanley Travel no longer being required to operate these services.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average