Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): 1 2 35 Next
15 May 2021, 1:48 am #1
RALLY ANNOUNCEMENT

20th June
HOWLANDS PARK & RIDE
FATHER'S DAY RALLY
STATIC VEHICLE DISPLAY
10 - 4

Due to current regulations we will not be operating the shuttle service to and from the durham town centre.

This was announced by the NEBPT on their Facebook page earlier this evening.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
15 May 2021, 1:48 am #1

RALLY ANNOUNCEMENT

20th June
HOWLANDS PARK & RIDE
FATHER'S DAY RALLY
STATIC VEHICLE DISPLAY
10 - 4

Due to current regulations we will not be operating the shuttle service to and from the durham town centre.

Charles41

15 May 2021, 5:19 am #2
Great so how are people supposed to attend the rally if they don't have a car?

Howlands is a good walk from Durham city centre. I don't think many services pass Howlands on a Sunday.

If you are going to have a rally without a shuttle service then stage it at an accessible location.

Charles
Charles41
15 May 2021, 5:19 am #2

Great so how are people supposed to attend the rally if they don't have a car?

Howlands is a good walk from Durham city centre. I don't think many services pass Howlands on a Sunday.

If you are going to have a rally without a shuttle service then stage it at an accessible location.

Charles

15 May 2021, 7:13 am #3
Yay a bus rally this year?

(15 May 2021, 5:19 am)Charles41 Great so how are people supposed to attend the rally if they don't have a car?

Charles
The 6 runs right next to the park and ride
Edited 15 May 2021, 7:16 am by Micheal Aaron.
Micheal Aaron
15 May 2021, 7:13 am #3

Yay a bus rally this year?

(15 May 2021, 5:19 am)Charles41 Great so how are people supposed to attend the rally if they don't have a car?

Charles
The 6 runs right next to the park and ride

15 May 2021, 8:22 am #4
(15 May 2021, 1:48 am)TEN 6083 RALLY ANNOUNCEMENT

20th June
                                            HOWLANDS PARK & RIDE
                                                FATHER'S DAY RALLY
                                            STATIC VEHICLE DISPLAY
                                                            10 - 4

what regulations?
omnicity4659
15 May 2021, 8:22 am #4

(15 May 2021, 1:48 am)TEN 6083 RALLY ANNOUNCEMENT

20th June
                                            HOWLANDS PARK & RIDE
                                                FATHER'S DAY RALLY
                                            STATIC VEHICLE DISPLAY
                                                            10 - 4

what regulations?

Charles41

15 May 2021, 2:46 pm #5
The number 6 may run past the rally site at Howlands but how many people are aware of this fact? If they are not running a shuttle they need to be highlghting relevant transport links to the rally site. Given that Durham bus station is currently closed they should also be letting people know where these transport links depart from.

It's details like this that are so important to a rally being successful.

I also would like to know what restrictions stop the shuttle service from running.

Charles
Charles41
15 May 2021, 2:46 pm #5

The number 6 may run past the rally site at Howlands but how many people are aware of this fact? If they are not running a shuttle they need to be highlghting relevant transport links to the rally site. Given that Durham bus station is currently closed they should also be letting people know where these transport links depart from.

I also would like to know what restrictions stop the shuttle service from running.

Charles

15 May 2021, 3:19 pm #6
(15 May 2021, 2:46 pm)Charles41 The number 6 may run past the rally site at Howlands but how many people are aware of this fact? If they are not running a shuttle they need to be highlghting relevant transport links to the rally site. Given that Durham bus station is currently closed they should also be letting people know where these transport links depart from.

Charles

Give them a chance - it was only announced this morning and full details aren't up on their website yet.  Good on them for trying to get to some level of normality - safely - and for putting out a 'hold the date'
stagecoachbusdepot
15 May 2021, 3:19 pm #6

(15 May 2021, 2:46 pm)Charles41 The number 6 may run past the rally site at Howlands but how many people are aware of this fact? If they are not running a shuttle they need to be highlghting relevant transport links to the rally site. Given that Durham bus station is currently closed they should also be letting people know where these transport links depart from.

Charles

Give them a chance - it was only announced this morning and full details aren't up on their website yet.  Good on them for trying to get to some level of normality - safely - and for putting out a 'hold the date'

15 May 2021, 4:29 pm #7
[Image: 12d8eb3b356d158207c32fc8854f3b1d.jpg]

Looks like some are questioning why aren’t they running shuttle services on the comments on the post on Facebook when the current regulations state yes they can be run.

In other news here’s the information for NNRG’s open day on the 19th June

https://www.nnrg.co.uk/events

TEN 6083
15 May 2021, 4:29 pm #7

[Image: 12d8eb3b356d158207c32fc8854f3b1d.jpg]

Looks like some are questioning why aren’t they running shuttle services on the comments on the post on Facebook when the current regulations state yes they can be run.

In other news here’s the information for NNRG’s open day on the 19th June

https://www.nnrg.co.uk/events

15 May 2021, 4:50 pm #8
I've picked my time slot for the NNRG event. I'm so happy there is events going on this year. Nnrg open day then Durham ?
Micheal Aaron
15 May 2021, 4:50 pm #8

I've picked my time slot for the NNRG event. I'm so happy there is events going on this year. Nnrg open day then Durham ?

15 May 2021, 5:04 pm #9
(15 May 2021, 4:50 pm)Micheal Aaron I've picked my time slot for the NNRG event. I'm so happy there is events going on this year. Nnrg open day then Durham ?

A bit of normality at last. It's great events are going ahead this year. What time slot have you picked for the NNRG open day?
OrangeArrow49
15 May 2021, 5:04 pm #9

(15 May 2021, 4:50 pm)Micheal Aaron I've picked my time slot for the NNRG event. I'm so happy there is events going on this year. Nnrg open day then Durham ?

A bit of normality at last. It's great events are going ahead this year. What time slot have you picked for the NNRG open day?

15 May 2021, 5:08 pm #10
(15 May 2021, 5:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 A bit of normality at last. It's great events are going ahead this year. What time slot have you picked for the NNRG open day?
1pm to 2pm
Micheal Aaron
15 May 2021, 5:08 pm #10

(15 May 2021, 5:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 A bit of normality at last. It's great events are going ahead this year. What time slot have you picked for the NNRG open day?
1pm to 2pm

15 May 2021, 5:12 pm #11
(15 May 2021, 5:08 pm)Micheal Aaron 1pm to 2pm

Sounds like a good time slot. Not sure what time I should go. How are you getting there? You getting the bus there? 

I have inboxed you.
OrangeArrow49
15 May 2021, 5:12 pm #11

(15 May 2021, 5:08 pm)Micheal Aaron 1pm to 2pm

Sounds like a good time slot. Not sure what time I should go. How are you getting there? You getting the bus there? 

I have inboxed you.

Adrian

16 May 2021, 2:23 pm #12

Charles

I'm not sure what guidance it falls under. It shouldn't fall under public transport, because its not operated formally by a licenced operator. It's more likely to fall under 'car sharing' or taxi/private hire. Car sharing and sharing a taxi/private hire vehicle with those outside your household is prohibited for now, but unsure what the position is after May. 

I agree on the details point, but sadly NEBPT can be really poor at this. For example, the rally was posted to Facebook two days ago, yet it's still not on the website nor have they emailed members to make them aware. That is just as basic as including directions on how to get there.

I think its good to see something put on, but I don't think I'll be bothering with this. NEBPT stewards tend to like cramming everything into a quarter of the rally site, so its near on impossible to get a decent photo when there's going to be nothing moving about.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 May 2021, 2:23 pm #12

Charles

I'm not sure what guidance it falls under. It shouldn't fall under public transport, because its not operated formally by a licenced operator. It's more likely to fall under 'car sharing' or taxi/private hire. Car sharing and sharing a taxi/private hire vehicle with those outside your household is prohibited for now, but unsure what the position is after May. 

I agree on the details point, but sadly NEBPT can be really poor at this. For example, the rally was posted to Facebook two days ago, yet it's still not on the website nor have they emailed members to make them aware. That is just as basic as including directions on how to get there.

I think its good to see something put on, but I don't think I'll be bothering with this. NEBPT stewards tend to like cramming everything into a quarter of the rally site, so its near on impossible to get a decent photo when there's going to be nothing moving about.

GNE6312

16 May 2021, 8:42 pm #13
Does anyone know if you'll be able to look around the buses atleast.
GNE6312
16 May 2021, 8:42 pm #13

Does anyone know if you'll be able to look around the buses atleast.

16 May 2021, 8:49 pm #14
(16 May 2021, 8:42 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know if you'll be able to look around the buses atleast.
God knows. Tbh it will probably be if everyone wears a mask (unless exempt)
Micheal Aaron
16 May 2021, 8:49 pm #14

(16 May 2021, 8:42 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know if you'll be able to look around the buses atleast.
God knows. Tbh it will probably be if everyone wears a mask (unless exempt)

Adrian

16 May 2021, 9:09 pm #15
(16 May 2021, 8:49 pm)Micheal Aaron God knows. Tbh it will probably be if everyone wears a mask (unless exempt)

You're not normally. You'll be able to look around from the exterior only.

Static exhibits are normally only accessible if the owner is interested in allowing people to have a look around. That doesn't happen often, and for good reason too. There was an example of an Arriva decker being vandalised at this rally a couple of years ago now, so if I was a vehicle owner I just wouldn't risk it.

Adrian
16 May 2021, 9:09 pm #15

(16 May 2021, 8:49 pm)Micheal Aaron God knows. Tbh it will probably be if everyone wears a mask (unless exempt)

You're not normally. You'll be able to look around from the exterior only.

Static exhibits are normally only accessible if the owner is interested in allowing people to have a look around. That doesn't happen often, and for good reason too. There was an example of an Arriva decker being vandalised at this rally a couple of years ago now, so if I was a vehicle owner I just wouldn't risk it.

16 May 2021, 9:19 pm #16
Tbh I ain't bothered if they don't allow u on the buses. Cause I go to photo them and see them. I ain't even bothered that there are no shuttles
Micheal Aaron
16 May 2021, 9:19 pm #16

Tbh I ain't bothered if they don't allow u on the buses. Cause I go to photo them and see them. I ain't even bothered that there are no shuttles

16 May 2021, 11:13 pm #17
https://busandtrainuser.com/2021/04/11/r...gmjNC8jTS0

Can’t see why they aren’t running any shuttles as there was a running day in London last month which were carrying passengers as stated in this article.

Personally I might not even bother going if there’s nothing running as I prefer to photo them on the move rather than static shots.

TEN 6083
16 May 2021, 11:13 pm #17

https://busandtrainuser.com/2021/04/11/r...gmjNC8jTS0

Can’t see why they aren’t running any shuttles as there was a running day in London last month which were carrying passengers as stated in this article.

Personally I might not even bother going if there’s nothing running as I prefer to photo them on the move rather than static shots.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 May 2021, 5:07 am #18
My own thoughts are that there’s probably nothing preventing the NEBPT from being able to run the shuttle services themselves, but it’s probably a matter of preference.

Covid-19 remains a big risk to a lot of vulnerable people - not everyone has had their second jab (some haven’t even had their first) and although given the age group of most enthusiasts who own preserved buses, you’d expect that they’d have had their vaccine by now, they may still have vulnerable people in their family and consider this to be an unnecessary risk.

After the year we’ve had, it’s good to see outside events returning and I think not having any kind of shuttle service would result in this being a gross waste of time. I’m off work this week, but when I return next Monday, I’ll get in touch with the NEBPT and advise that Go North East will be more than happy to accommodate running a shuttle service. All the Covid-19 prevention measures will be in place on board (side and rear facing seats out of use as per current guidance, windows open for ventilation, hand sanitiser available, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
17 May 2021, 5:07 am #18

My own thoughts are that there’s probably nothing preventing the NEBPT from being able to run the shuttle services themselves, but it’s probably a matter of preference.

Covid-19 remains a big risk to a lot of vulnerable people - not everyone has had their second jab (some haven’t even had their first) and although given the age group of most enthusiasts who own preserved buses, you’d expect that they’d have had their vaccine by now, they may still have vulnerable people in their family and consider this to be an unnecessary risk.

After the year we’ve had, it’s good to see outside events returning and I think not having any kind of shuttle service would result in this being a gross waste of time. I’m off work this week, but when I return next Monday, I’ll get in touch with the NEBPT and advise that Go North East will be more than happy to accommodate running a shuttle service. All the Covid-19 prevention measures will be in place on board (side and rear facing seats out of use as per current guidance, windows open for ventilation, hand sanitiser available, etc).

17 May 2021, 7:18 am #19
(17 May 2021, 5:07 am)Dan My own thoughts are that there’s probably nothing preventing the NEBPT from being able to run the shuttle services themselves, but it’s probably a matter of preference.

That sounds like a good idea mainly the only bus route to the rally site is the 6
Micheal Aaron
17 May 2021, 7:18 am #19

(17 May 2021, 5:07 am)Dan My own thoughts are that there’s probably nothing preventing the NEBPT from being able to run the shuttle services themselves, but it’s probably a matter of preference.

That sounds like a good idea mainly the only bus route to the rally site is the 6

17 May 2021, 12:04 pm #20
(16 May 2021, 9:09 pm)Adrian You're not normally. You'll be able to look around from the exterior only.

Vandalised like how? What happened? I expect the owner wasn't happy.
OrangeArrow49
17 May 2021, 12:04 pm #20

(16 May 2021, 9:09 pm)Adrian You're not normally. You'll be able to look around from the exterior only.

Vandalised like how? What happened? I expect the owner wasn't happy.

Pages (5): 1 2 35 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average