Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat This forum is like North Korea And Over Zealously Moderated

This forum is like North Korea And Over Zealously Moderated

This forum is like North Korea And Over Zealously Moderated

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
gtom

Banned

09 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm #1
Well there you go! It's out there....not my words.

Now it no longer being the 90s I got into the spirit of Yahoo Groups, I wound the crank up on my Windows 95 PC and after a 20 minute load I logged onto Yahoo. It was very much like an online trip to Beamish as I watched the brand new episodes of Friends on my new 32 inch Plasma TV which I bought especially for the Playstation 2 out later this year.

So after logging into Yahoo Groups (Hovis ad music playing in background) I came across this quote

Quote: but also I am slightly alarmed at the emergence of a few forums, one of which whilst seemingly well subscribed has an over zealous team of moderators who would not be out of place in the government of North Korea. They tend to keep discussion limited to what they wish to discuss and woe betide anyone who comes in with an opinion of their own. This is coupled with the latest generation of enthusiasts who seem hell bent on causing friction between the bus companies and the enthusiast community in general.

Eeh by gum I miss the old days
gtom
09 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm #1

Well there you go! It's out there....not my words.

Now it no longer being the 90s I got into the spirit of Yahoo Groups, I wound the crank up on my Windows 95 PC and after a 20 minute load I logged onto Yahoo. It was very much like an online trip to Beamish as I watched the brand new episodes of Friends on my new 32 inch Plasma TV which I bought especially for the Playstation 2 out later this year.

So after logging into Yahoo Groups (Hovis ad music playing in background) I came across this quote

Quote: but also I am slightly alarmed at the emergence of a few forums, one of which whilst seemingly well subscribed has an over zealous team of moderators who would not be out of place in the government of North Korea. They tend to keep discussion limited to what they wish to discuss and woe betide anyone who comes in with an opinion of their own. This is coupled with the latest generation of enthusiasts who seem hell bent on causing friction between the bus companies and the enthusiast community in general.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm #2
(09 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm)gtomlinson Well there you go! It's out there....not my words.

Ah Yes, moderation along the lines of Stalinist Russia lol
MrFozz
09 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm #2

(09 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm)gtomlinson Well there you go! It's out there....not my words.

Ah Yes, moderation along the lines of Stalinist Russia lol

Adrian

09 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm #3
I'm glad this forum remains very lightly moderated. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm #3

I'm glad this forum remains very lightly moderated. Wink

Andreos1

10 Jan 2014, 11:24 am #4

Have BA been restricting oxygen on board their planes or have you taken the 007 link too far and overdone it on the Martinis? Big Grin
Edited 10 Jan 2014, 11:26 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Jan 2014, 11:24 am #4

Have BA been restricting oxygen on board their planes or have you taken the 007 link too far and overdone it on the Martinis? Big Grin

gtom

Banned

10 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm #5
(10 Jan 2014, 11:24 am)andreos1 Have BA been restricting oxygen on board their planes or have you taken the 007 link too far and overdone it on the Martinis? Big Grin

Bit of both.....I did like my pod!Big Grin

The above quoted text was from someone using 1990s favourite Yahoo Groups to have a go at this forum. Said group is run by a meerkat
gtom
10 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm #5

(10 Jan 2014, 11:24 am)andreos1 Have BA been restricting oxygen on board their planes or have you taken the 007 link too far and overdone it on the Martinis? Big Grin

Bit of both.....I did like my pod!Big Grin

The above quoted text was from someone using 1990s favourite Yahoo Groups to have a go at this forum. Said group is run by a meerkat

Chris

10 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm #6
It is a bit of a shame I think about the decline of the groups, there was always some knowledgable people on there. Some right plonkers as well, mind. At least some of the group members have made it on to here. The guy that made that post was always one of my favourite posters before the decline of the groups.

The moderating comment I thought was a bit ironic, as I often thought that the moderating policy of the groups was a bit over zealous at times but hey ho.
Chris
10 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm #6

It is a bit of a shame I think about the decline of the groups, there was always some knowledgable people on there. Some right plonkers as well, mind. At least some of the group members have made it on to here. The guy that made that post was always one of my favourite posters before the decline of the groups.

The moderating comment I thought was a bit ironic, as I often thought that the moderating policy of the groups was a bit over zealous at times but hey ho.

gtom

Banned

10 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm #7
The constant rules emails...
gtom
10 Jan 2014, 12:56 pm #7

The constant rules emails...

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm #8
(10 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm)gtomlinson Bit of both.....I did like my pod!Big Grin

Is it any surprise he doesn't like NEB? It is our complaints, after all, which made Go North East realise their mistake in regards to the lack of moderation on their Social Media pages. Poor sod is still distraught by it.

I have no doubt that the group of individuals who share the opinion as quoted above are the ones who claim NEB to be a 'fantasy island'. It is no competition; but I'd say this website, despite the great deal of speculation and rumours, is likely to hold the most well informed company representatives willing to share information to the enthusiast community. Coupled with the level of information on the forum, I'd say NEB is the only website to have such a vast array of resources for our members to use - news page, fleet lists with photos and a history for each vehicle tracking movements and repaints, and a photo sharing facility... With more new features planned to come when we reach our 500th member (expected to be later this month, with the amount of registrations as of late - 20+ in the past week?), NEB will only continue to grow and expand and be one of the best communities to be a part of.

Of course I'm going to have this opinion because I'm an over zealeous moderator and I'm a newer generation enthusiast, but it doesn't take a genius to work out how much time and effort has gone into designing features for this website.
Dan
10 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm #8

(10 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm)gtomlinson Bit of both.....I did like my pod!Big Grin

Is it any surprise he doesn't like NEB? It is our complaints, after all, which made Go North East realise their mistake in regards to the lack of moderation on their Social Media pages. Poor sod is still distraught by it.

I have no doubt that the group of individuals who share the opinion as quoted above are the ones who claim NEB to be a 'fantasy island'. It is no competition; but I'd say this website, despite the great deal of speculation and rumours, is likely to hold the most well informed company representatives willing to share information to the enthusiast community. Coupled with the level of information on the forum, I'd say NEB is the only website to have such a vast array of resources for our members to use - news page, fleet lists with photos and a history for each vehicle tracking movements and repaints, and a photo sharing facility... With more new features planned to come when we reach our 500th member (expected to be later this month, with the amount of registrations as of late - 20+ in the past week?), NEB will only continue to grow and expand and be one of the best communities to be a part of.

Of course I'm going to have this opinion because I'm an over zealeous moderator and I'm a newer generation enthusiast, but it doesn't take a genius to work out how much time and effort has gone into designing features for this website.

gtom

Banned

10 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm #9
(10 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm)Dan Is it any surprise he doesn't like NEB? It is our complaints, after all, which made Go North East realise their mistake in regards to the lack of moderation on their Social Media pages. Poor sod is still distraught by it.

I agree entirely but I was concerned when I found this picture of the NEB Admin Team meeting over the Christmas period

[Image: Kim-jong-un_2100220a.jpg]
gtom
10 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm #9

(10 Jan 2014, 1:31 pm)Dan Is it any surprise he doesn't like NEB? It is our complaints, after all, which made Go North East realise their mistake in regards to the lack of moderation on their Social Media pages. Poor sod is still distraught by it.

I agree entirely but I was concerned when I found this picture of the NEB Admin Team meeting over the Christmas period

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm #10
(10 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm)gtomlinson I agree entirely but I was concerned when I found this picture of the NEB Admin Team meeting over the Christmas period

Damn, how did you find that?! Mr. Meerkat didn't leak it on his rather dated Yahoo group, did he?
Dan
10 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm #10

(10 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm)gtomlinson I agree entirely but I was concerned when I found this picture of the NEB Admin Team meeting over the Christmas period

Damn, how did you find that?! Mr. Meerkat didn't leak it on his rather dated Yahoo group, did he?

Adrian

10 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm #11

Right who leaked that picture?! Fess up. Wink

Adrian
10 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm #11

Right who leaked that picture?! Fess up. Wink

gtom

Banned

10 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm #12
(10 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm)Dan Damn, how did you find that?! Mr. Meerkat didn't leak it on his rather dated Yahoo group, did he?

He and Clifford have released a Joint Response

gtom
10 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm #12

(10 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm)Dan Damn, how did you find that?! Mr. Meerkat didn't leak it on his rather dated Yahoo group, did he?

He and Clifford have released a Joint Response

Andreos1

10 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm #13
(10 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm)aureolin Right who leaked that picture?! Fess up. Wink

Who is who?
Time for a tag button to be implemented!

(10 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm)gtomlinson He and Clifford have released a Joint Response

Time for the like button to cone back!
Edited 10 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
10 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm #13

(10 Jan 2014, 3:42 pm)aureolin Right who leaked that picture?! Fess up. Wink

Who is who?

(10 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm)gtomlinson He and Clifford have released a Joint Response

Time for the like button to cone back!

Adrian

10 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm #14
(10 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm)andreos1 Who is who?

Front row centre - gtomlinson Wink

Adrian
10 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm #14

(10 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm)andreos1 Who is who?

Front row centre - gtomlinson Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm #15
(10 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm)aureolin Front row centre - gtomlinson Wink

It's what years of riding DAFs does to you... Big Grin
Dan
10 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm #15

(10 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm)aureolin Front row centre - gtomlinson Wink

It's what years of riding DAFs does to you... Big Grin

gtom

Banned

10 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm #16
[Image: i-am-getting-angry.jpg]
gtom
10 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm #16

[Image: i-am-getting-angry.jpg]

Andreos1

12 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm #17
http://m.smh.com.au/world/north-korean-l...hvh9d.html

One of the most dictorial dictators has been at it again

Andreos1
12 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm #17

http://m.smh.com.au/world/north-korean-l...hvh9d.html

Adrian

12 Mar 2014, 2:37 pm #18
(12 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://m.smh.com.au/world/north-korean-l...hvh9d.html

Must have been in with Tony Blair winning landslide like that. Wink

Adrian
12 Mar 2014, 2:37 pm #18

(12 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://m.smh.com.au/world/north-korean-l...hvh9d.html

Must have been in with Tony Blair winning landslide like that. Wink

gtom

Banned

12 Mar 2014, 5:45 pm #19

Dan or Liam? haha
gtom
12 Mar 2014, 5:45 pm #19

Dan or Liam? haha

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Mar 2014, 7:34 pm #20
(12 Mar 2014, 5:45 pm)gtom Dan or Liam? haha

That must be Liam. I'm still being referenced in the news a lot recently, what with it being 100 years since World War 1 (obviously linking in with World War 2).
Dan
15 Mar 2014, 7:34 pm #20

(12 Mar 2014, 5:45 pm)gtom Dan or Liam? haha

That must be Liam. I'm still being referenced in the news a lot recently, what with it being 100 years since World War 1 (obviously linking in with World War 2).

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average