Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display

Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display

Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
Train8261

31 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm #1
Nebpt website has information about the Seaburn Rally on the 30th August

http://nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=81
Train8261
31 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm #1

Nebpt website has information about the Seaburn Rally on the 30th August

http://nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=81

Train8261

23 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm #2
I never thought I'd see it.

There are actual entries on the nebpt page for Seaburn. Good few cars and 4 buses atm
Train8261
23 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm #2

I never thought I'd see it.

There are actual entries on the nebpt page for Seaburn. Good few cars and 4 buses atm

Adrian

23 Aug 2021, 5:39 pm #3
(23 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm)Train8261 I never thought I'd see it.

It's good getting that information on the website again, but I suppose the downside is that only having four buses listed is going to be off-putting to those thinking about attending. 

If NEBPT have been planning for these rallies in 2021 regardless, I am surprised they haven't got the buy in from other North East preservation groups, seeing as there's nothing listed from any of them. 

I think Stagecoach are always listed as sponsors of this one, but it tends to only ever be the one static exhibit. A gas bus the past couple of years, iirc? Go North East tend to attend, but I don't think I've seen Arriva attend this one - I may be wrong there!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Aug 2021, 5:39 pm #3

(23 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm)Train8261 I never thought I'd see it.

It's good getting that information on the website again, but I suppose the downside is that only having four buses listed is going to be off-putting to those thinking about attending. 

If NEBPT have been planning for these rallies in 2021 regardless, I am surprised they haven't got the buy in from other North East preservation groups, seeing as there's nothing listed from any of them. 

I think Stagecoach are always listed as sponsors of this one, but it tends to only ever be the one static exhibit. A gas bus the past couple of years, iirc? Go North East tend to attend, but I don't think I've seen Arriva attend this one - I may be wrong there!

Train8261

23 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm #4
It's only 4 up to now. More likely will attend and be entered

Arriva attend once back in 2017 with one of there E400 Sapphire 6

Go North East seem to bring a few lot like

Stagecoach bring the odd few if they have drivers spare
Train8261
23 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm #4

It's only 4 up to now. More likely will attend and be entered

Adrian

23 Aug 2021, 6:06 pm #5
(23 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm)Train8261 It's only 4 up to now. More likely will attend and be entered

Yes, but if I'm sitting planning my weekend now, I might look at only 4 buses being listed and think "why bother"...

That's my point.

Adrian
23 Aug 2021, 6:06 pm #5

(23 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm)Train8261 It's only 4 up to now. More likely will attend and be entered

Yes, but if I'm sitting planning my weekend now, I might look at only 4 buses being listed and think "why bother"...

That's my point.

MurdnunoC

23 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm #6
(23 Aug 2021, 6:06 pm)Adrian Yes, but if I'm sitting planning my weekend now, I might look at only 4 buses being listed and think "why bother"...

That's my point.

Exactly this.

Yes, more will probably turn up on the day as we're all aware, however for anyone with a casual interest who isn't an absolute mark for a GNE dominated bus rally, the announcement of four buses attending can only be viewed as a disappointment.

It would be a mega thumbs down from me.
MurdnunoC
23 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm #6

(23 Aug 2021, 6:06 pm)Adrian Yes, but if I'm sitting planning my weekend now, I might look at only 4 buses being listed and think "why bother"...

That's my point.

Exactly this.

Yes, more will probably turn up on the day as we're all aware, however for anyone with a casual interest who isn't an absolute mark for a GNE dominated bus rally, the announcement of four buses attending can only be viewed as a disappointment.

It would be a mega thumbs down from me.

23 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm #7
You would think they would list a few of their own vehicles to at least pad out the numbers a bit if nothing else. Hopefully if it's only just gone up though it will be updated over the next few days.
stagecoachbusdepot
23 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm #7

You would think they would list a few of their own vehicles to at least pad out the numbers a bit if nothing else. Hopefully if it's only just gone up though it will be updated over the next few days.

23 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm #8
Sure, stay away, again the usual attitude to preservationists. Stick to taking crap pictures at the Metrocentre.

There will be plenty of attendees, no doubt the usual spaffing over the £3 entrance fee as well?
54APhotography
23 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm #8

Sure, stay away, again the usual attitude to preservationists. Stick to taking crap pictures at the Metrocentre.

There will be plenty of attendees, no doubt the usual spaffing over the £3 entrance fee as well?

MurdnunoC

23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm #9
(23 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm)54APhotography Sure, stay away, again the usual attitude to preservationists. Stick to taking crap pictures at the Metrocentre.

It's  not that at all.

Pretend you're a dispassionate member of the public with a fleeting interest in buses who is looking for something to do on Bank Holiday Monday.

You come across this event advertised on a bus or wherever and think "Hmm, this looks interesting, I'll check their website or social media to find out more".

You look online for more information and find out there are only four attendees confirmed and, presuming you have no interest in other classic vehicles, the admission fee is £3.

Why would you bother?

Getting all defensive about preservationists is all well and good, but on the whole, these events are poorly advertised with little information beforehand. People on this forum have questioned why, in the digital age, where it is easy to promote your event in a more effective and direct way, preservationists don't do more to embrace this and actually provide information about what is going to be on display etc. Yet the same old head in the sand attitude prevails which leads, from my observations, to dwindling turnouts year upon year. That's the kind of attitude that's going to kill of preservationists in the region, ultimately.
MurdnunoC
23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm #9

(23 Aug 2021, 7:20 pm)54APhotography Sure, stay away, again the usual attitude to preservationists. Stick to taking crap pictures at the Metrocentre.

It's  not that at all.

Pretend you're a dispassionate member of the public with a fleeting interest in buses who is looking for something to do on Bank Holiday Monday.

You come across this event advertised on a bus or wherever and think "Hmm, this looks interesting, I'll check their website or social media to find out more".

You look online for more information and find out there are only four attendees confirmed and, presuming you have no interest in other classic vehicles, the admission fee is £3.

Why would you bother?

Getting all defensive about preservationists is all well and good, but on the whole, these events are poorly advertised with little information beforehand. People on this forum have questioned why, in the digital age, where it is easy to promote your event in a more effective and direct way, preservationists don't do more to embrace this and actually provide information about what is going to be on display etc. Yet the same old head in the sand attitude prevails which leads, from my observations, to dwindling turnouts year upon year. That's the kind of attitude that's going to kill of preservationists in the region, ultimately.

23 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm #10
(23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm)MurdnunoC It's  not that at all.

Why would you bother?

Its thanks to the attitudes of 'bus spotters' that many preservationists no longer participate in rallies. The trend lately on here and on facebook is to assume you have the right to have what you want at an event, slag off preservationists who pull vehicles on safety grounds, and that happened yet again at Bishop Auckland. 

You don't contribute, you don't dictate, and if you think rallies are there for your desire, they aren't, they are in the main for the public, at joint gatherings, where funds are raised because of interest.

The so called enthusiasts are the ones with their heads in the sand, the attitudes are ridiculous.
54APhotography
23 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm #10

(23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm)MurdnunoC It's  not that at all.

Why would you bother?

Its thanks to the attitudes of 'bus spotters' that many preservationists no longer participate in rallies. The trend lately on here and on facebook is to assume you have the right to have what you want at an event, slag off preservationists who pull vehicles on safety grounds, and that happened yet again at Bishop Auckland. 

You don't contribute, you don't dictate, and if you think rallies are there for your desire, they aren't, they are in the main for the public, at joint gatherings, where funds are raised because of interest.

The so called enthusiasts are the ones with their heads in the sand, the attitudes are ridiculous.

23 Aug 2021, 8:01 pm #11
(23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm)MurdnunoC Getting all defensive about preservationists is all well and good, but on the whole, these events are poorly advertised with little information beforehand. People on this forum have questioned why, in the digital age, where it is easy to promote your event in a more effective and direct way, preservationists don't do more to embrace this and actually provide information about what is going to be on display etc. Yet the same old head in the sand attitude prevails which leads, from my observations, to dwindling turnouts year upon year. That's the kind of attitude that's going to kill of preservationists in the region, ultimately.

My biggest annoyance is when they have really, really bad websites. Like, even my grandfather could probably set up a basic Wordpress site that would be 10x better than what we see. Plus, they're easy to update and you can have a lot more features.

They already have the domain, so it'd just be a case of paying for the better hosting, which you can get for literally nothing these days 

I wonder if there are any web designers that specifically cater for that that market (That's probably not a bad business idea if there isn't... nobody steal it!)
streetdeckfan
23 Aug 2021, 8:01 pm #11

(23 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm)MurdnunoC Getting all defensive about preservationists is all well and good, but on the whole, these events are poorly advertised with little information beforehand. People on this forum have questioned why, in the digital age, where it is easy to promote your event in a more effective and direct way, preservationists don't do more to embrace this and actually provide information about what is going to be on display etc. Yet the same old head in the sand attitude prevails which leads, from my observations, to dwindling turnouts year upon year. That's the kind of attitude that's going to kill of preservationists in the region, ultimately.

My biggest annoyance is when they have really, really bad websites. Like, even my grandfather could probably set up a basic Wordpress site that would be 10x better than what we see. Plus, they're easy to update and you can have a lot more features.

They already have the domain, so it'd just be a case of paying for the better hosting, which you can get for literally nothing these days 

I wonder if there are any web designers that specifically cater for that that market (That's probably not a bad business idea if there isn't... nobody steal it!)

Train8261

23 Aug 2021, 8:02 pm #12
More likely more entries will go up within the week. These are just the first lot to be put up yet
Train8261
23 Aug 2021, 8:02 pm #12

More likely more entries will go up within the week. These are just the first lot to be put up yet

23 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm #13
(23 Aug 2021, 8:01 pm)streetdeckfan My biggest annoyance is when they have really, really bad websites. Like, even my grandfather could probably set up a basic Wordpress site that would be 10x better than what we see. Plus, they're easy to update and you can have a lot more features.

Both NEBPT and Aycliffe & District have struggled because those who do a lot of this type of work have been affected by covid.
54APhotography
23 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm #13

(23 Aug 2021, 8:01 pm)streetdeckfan My biggest annoyance is when they have really, really bad websites. Like, even my grandfather could probably set up a basic Wordpress site that would be 10x better than what we see. Plus, they're easy to update and you can have a lot more features.

Both NEBPT and Aycliffe & District have struggled because those who do a lot of this type of work have been affected by covid.

23 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm #14
(23 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm)54APhotography Both NEBPT and Aycliffe & District have struggled because those who do a lot of this type of work have been affected by covid.

See, that I don't understand. In what way would those people really be affected by COVID? It's the sort of job that you can do from home
streetdeckfan
23 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm #14

(23 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm)54APhotography Both NEBPT and Aycliffe & District have struggled because those who do a lot of this type of work have been affected by covid.

See, that I don't understand. In what way would those people really be affected by COVID? It's the sort of job that you can do from home

23 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm #15
(23 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm)streetdeckfan See, that I don't understand. In what way would those people really be affected by COVID? It's the sort of job that you can do from home
In respect of caring for others, and in one case a death from covid. time may have been slack on some hands, but not all.
54APhotography
23 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm #15

(23 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm)streetdeckfan See, that I don't understand. In what way would those people really be affected by COVID? It's the sort of job that you can do from home
In respect of caring for others, and in one case a death from covid. time may have been slack on some hands, but not all.

Adrian

23 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm #16

Attitude to preservationists? Merely commenting on the lack of information for a rally, yet you go on the all out attack?

Don't create an issue that isn't there.

(23 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm)54APhotography Its thanks to the attitudes of 'bus spotters' that many preservationists no longer participate in rallies. The trend lately on here and on facebook is to assume you have the right to have what you want at an event, slag off preservationists who pull vehicles on safety grounds, and that happened yet again at Bishop Auckland. 

No one is slagging off preservationists. You're inventing issues.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adrian
23 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm #16

Attitude to preservationists? Merely commenting on the lack of information for a rally, yet you go on the all out attack?

(23 Aug 2021, 7:50 pm)54APhotography Its thanks to the attitudes of 'bus spotters' that many preservationists no longer participate in rallies. The trend lately on here and on facebook is to assume you have the right to have what you want at an event, slag off preservationists who pull vehicles on safety grounds, and that happened yet again at Bishop Auckland. 

23 Aug 2021, 8:16 pm #17
(23 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm)54APhotography In respect of caring for others, and in one case a death from covid. time may have been slack on some hands, but not all.

Ah, right. 
Honestly, COVID has had very little to no impact on me, or really anybody I know (other than a friend who was furloughed). I work from home anyway, and if anything we've got more work because of it due to our clients primarily being the public sector.
streetdeckfan
23 Aug 2021, 8:16 pm #17

(23 Aug 2021, 8:10 pm)54APhotography In respect of caring for others, and in one case a death from covid. time may have been slack on some hands, but not all.

Ah, right. 
Honestly, COVID has had very little to no impact on me, or really anybody I know (other than a friend who was furloughed). I work from home anyway, and if anything we've got more work because of it due to our clients primarily being the public sector.

23 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm #18
(23 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm)Adrian Attitude to preservationists? Merely commenting on the lack of information for a rally, yet you go on the all out attack?

Really. scan your forum and have a look on facebook.
You'll find plenty of attitude towards preservationists.

Thanks
54APhotography
23 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm #18

(23 Aug 2021, 8:13 pm)Adrian Attitude to preservationists? Merely commenting on the lack of information for a rally, yet you go on the all out attack?

Really. scan your forum and have a look on facebook.

Thanks

23 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm #19
(23 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm)54APhotography Really. scan your forum and have a look on facebook.

Thanks

I don't have an issue with preservationists, but I have made my dislike of 'enthusiasts' pretty well known on here!
streetdeckfan
23 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm #19

(23 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm)54APhotography Really. scan your forum and have a look on facebook.

Thanks

I don't have an issue with preservationists, but I have made my dislike of 'enthusiasts' pretty well known on here!

Adrian

23 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm #20

Thanks

Be more specific then. There's nothing of what you describe in this thread, and I've no interest in attempting to find a needle in a haystack.

Maybe you've no interest in seeing successful rallies in the North East, and that's fine, but others want to see them grow in their potential.

Thanks.

Adrian
23 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm #20

Thanks

Be more specific then. There's nothing of what you describe in this thread, and I've no interest in attempting to find a needle in a haystack.

Maybe you've no interest in seeing successful rallies in the North East, and that's fine, but others want to see them grow in their potential.

Thanks.

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average