Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Face Masks Back For Shops & Public Transport

Face Masks Back For Shops & Public Transport

Face Masks Back For Shops & Public Transport

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Train8261

27 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm #1
Face masks to return in shops AND on public transport in England amid Omicron variant fears https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16869344/f...tive_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

Yet again we're back with Face Masks
Train8261
27 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm #1

Face masks to return in shops AND on public transport in England amid Omicron variant fears https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16869344/f...tive_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

27 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm #2
Well, looks like the lanyard is coming out of retirement...

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm #2

Well, looks like the lanyard is coming out of retirement...

Keeiajs

27 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm #3
(27 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm)Train8261 Face masks to return in shops AND on public transport in England amid Omicron variant fears https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16869344/f...tive_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

Is this a requirement or just a ask nicely situation. 

Will social distancing requirements come back to buses.
Keeiajs
27 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm #3

(27 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm)Train8261 Face masks to return in shops AND on public transport in England amid Omicron variant fears https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16869344/f...tive_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

Is this a requirement or just a ask nicely situation. 

27 Nov 2021, 5:43 pm #4
(27 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm)Keeiajs Is this a requirement or just a ask nicely situation. 

It's compulsory, but I think the chances of it actually getting enforced is pretty low.

streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2021, 5:43 pm #4

(27 Nov 2021, 5:41 pm)Keeiajs Is this a requirement or just a ask nicely situation. 

It's compulsory, but I think the chances of it actually getting enforced is pretty low.

Train8261

27 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm #5

It's compulsory according to 10 downing Street. At least I've got my exemption card
Train8261
27 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm #5

It's compulsory according to 10 downing Street. At least I've got my exemption card

27 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm #6
(27 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm)Train8261 It's compulsory according to 10 downing Street. At least I've got my exemption card
You don't need to show any exemption card. You merely have to say you're medically exempt and they have to accept it.

I'm fairly sure it's actually illegal to ask what the medical condition is or ask for proof

streetdeckfan
27 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm #6

(27 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm)Train8261 It's compulsory according to 10 downing Street. At least I've got my exemption card
You don't need to show any exemption card. You merely have to say you're medically exempt and they have to accept it.

I'm fairly sure it's actually illegal to ask what the medical condition is or ask for proof

Keeiajs

27 Nov 2021, 6:02 pm #7
(27 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm)streetdeckfan You don't need to show any exemption card. You merely have to say you're medically exempt and they have to accept it.

In other words you can't really enforce it.
Keeiajs
27 Nov 2021, 6:02 pm #7

(27 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm)streetdeckfan You don't need to show any exemption card. You merely have to say you're medically exempt and they have to accept it.

In other words you can't really enforce it.

Train8261

27 Nov 2021, 6:11 pm #8

I've had a few drivers. Some Arriva & Go North East but very little stagecoach drivers
Train8261
27 Nov 2021, 6:11 pm #8

I've had a few drivers. Some Arriva & Go North East but very little stagecoach drivers

27 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm #9
Some of us, more responsible never stopped wearing them. I find invariably the non wearers are often the types who claim only to have a £20 pound note knowing they'll get a free ride..
54APhotography
27 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm #9

Some of us, more responsible never stopped wearing them. I find invariably the non wearers are often the types who claim only to have a £20 pound note knowing they'll get a free ride..

28 Nov 2021, 12:38 am #10
(27 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm)54APhotography Some of us, more responsible never stopped wearing them. I find invariably the non wearers are often the types who claim only to have a £20 pound note knowing they'll get a free ride..
I've often wondered loudly whether or not those who claim to be exempt would wear a mask when they're told by TUI or Jet2 that they can't go to Malaga or Benidorm unless they wear one for a few hours.

I'm all for those who genuinely can't wear them being exempt from having to wear them, but I can almost guarantee there is a majority who are not exempt, but claim to be.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
28 Nov 2021, 12:38 am #10

(27 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm)54APhotography Some of us, more responsible never stopped wearing them. I find invariably the non wearers are often the types who claim only to have a £20 pound note knowing they'll get a free ride..
I've often wondered loudly whether or not those who claim to be exempt would wear a mask when they're told by TUI or Jet2 that they can't go to Malaga or Benidorm unless they wear one for a few hours.

I'm all for those who genuinely can't wear them being exempt from having to wear them, but I can almost guarantee there is a majority who are not exempt, but claim to be.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jimmi

28 Nov 2021, 1:29 am #11
(28 Nov 2021, 12:38 am)6049 I've often wondered loudly whether or not those who claim to be exempt would wear a mask when they're told by TUI or Jet2 that they can't go to Malaga or Benidorm unless they wear one for a few hours.

One thing that irked me with this whole being exempt thing was the fact that the main proof of valid exemption is the Sunflower lanyard scheme which the intention was used to show hidden disabilities and whilst its valid for mask exemption its weakened the original intention of the scheme IMO, now its harder to tell if the person wearing them has something like a breathing difficulty or has autism, learning difficulties etc, granted its a hidden disability but it causes more confusion knowing how to respond in the correct manner.
Jimmi
28 Nov 2021, 1:29 am #11

(28 Nov 2021, 12:38 am)6049 I've often wondered loudly whether or not those who claim to be exempt would wear a mask when they're told by TUI or Jet2 that they can't go to Malaga or Benidorm unless they wear one for a few hours.

One thing that irked me with this whole being exempt thing was the fact that the main proof of valid exemption is the Sunflower lanyard scheme which the intention was used to show hidden disabilities and whilst its valid for mask exemption its weakened the original intention of the scheme IMO, now its harder to tell if the person wearing them has something like a breathing difficulty or has autism, learning difficulties etc, granted its a hidden disability but it causes more confusion knowing how to respond in the correct manner.

Adrian

28 Nov 2021, 1:02 pm #12
(28 Nov 2021, 1:29 am)Jimmi One thing that irked me with this whole being exempt thing was the fact that the main proof of valid exemption is the Sunflower lanyard scheme which the intention was used to show hidden disabilities and whilst its valid for mask exemption its weakened the original intention of the scheme IMO, now its harder to tell if the person wearing them has something like a breathing difficulty or has autism, learning difficulties etc, granted its a hidden disability but it causes more confusion knowing how to respond in the correct manner.

You didn't even need proof (or a lanyard). You could walk in most shops or board most public transport without even being asked.

I understand staff not wanting to put themselves in a position of confrontation, because the rules around wearing them are a minefield. Even if exempt, there's no requirement to prove that you're exempt, and most businesses/operators are unwilling to enforce a zero-tolerance policy on them.

It's all too easy not to wear one, because Government policy on the matter makes it too easy.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Nov 2021, 1:02 pm #12

(28 Nov 2021, 1:29 am)Jimmi One thing that irked me with this whole being exempt thing was the fact that the main proof of valid exemption is the Sunflower lanyard scheme which the intention was used to show hidden disabilities and whilst its valid for mask exemption its weakened the original intention of the scheme IMO, now its harder to tell if the person wearing them has something like a breathing difficulty or has autism, learning difficulties etc, granted its a hidden disability but it causes more confusion knowing how to respond in the correct manner.

You didn't even need proof (or a lanyard). You could walk in most shops or board most public transport without even being asked.

I understand staff not wanting to put themselves in a position of confrontation, because the rules around wearing them are a minefield. Even if exempt, there's no requirement to prove that you're exempt, and most businesses/operators are unwilling to enforce a zero-tolerance policy on them.

It's all too easy not to wear one, because Government policy on the matter makes it too easy.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

V514DFT

28 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm #13
Here we go,goodbye to life.......again

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
28 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm #13

Here we go,goodbye to life.......again

Kind Regards
Tez

28 Nov 2021, 1:50 pm #14
(28 Nov 2021, 1:02 pm)Adrian You didn't even need proof (or a lanyard). You could walk in most shops or board most public transport without even being asked.

Sadly the only leading by example is by a clown who does not care whether anyone lives or dies..

However, a piece of cloth is neither a restriction on freedom, or a hardship..
54APhotography
28 Nov 2021, 1:50 pm #14

(28 Nov 2021, 1:02 pm)Adrian You didn't even need proof (or a lanyard). You could walk in most shops or board most public transport without even being asked.

Sadly the only leading by example is by a clown who does not care whether anyone lives or dies..

However, a piece of cloth is neither a restriction on freedom, or a hardship..

28 Nov 2021, 3:33 pm #15

Sainsburys Arnison Centre went super overboard with applying the policy last time, to the point where staff on the doors were refusing anybody without a mask, even if they were exempt. It caused quite a bit of drama, especially since not long after like 90% of the managers all caught COVID at the same time because they weren't following the rules themselves.
streetdeckfan
28 Nov 2021, 3:33 pm #15

Sainsburys Arnison Centre went super overboard with applying the policy last time, to the point where staff on the doors were refusing anybody without a mask, even if they were exempt. It caused quite a bit of drama, especially since not long after like 90% of the managers all caught COVID at the same time because they weren't following the rules themselves.

DeltaMan

28 Nov 2021, 4:30 pm #16
I personally don't have a problem wearing a face covering and have been on buses and trains since the end of summer. But the way its been announced is just awful. It effectively demonsies folk using public transport.

For example if I am sat on a bus with three others in the vehicle then we are expected to wear masks - and that's fine. If I am sat in a car with my friend and two others from seperate households to play football and then we go to the pub afterwards with the opposition for the usual spread and a pint then there is no requirement to wear one.
DeltaMan
28 Nov 2021, 4:30 pm #16

I personally don't have a problem wearing a face covering and have been on buses and trains since the end of summer. But the way its been announced is just awful. It effectively demonsies folk using public transport.

For example if I am sat on a bus with three others in the vehicle then we are expected to wear masks - and that's fine. If I am sat in a car with my friend and two others from seperate households to play football and then we go to the pub afterwards with the opposition for the usual spread and a pint then there is no requirement to wear one.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Nov 2021, 4:43 pm #17
(28 Nov 2021, 4:30 pm)DeltaMan I personally don't have a problem wearing a face covering and have been on buses and trains since the end of summer. But the way its been announced is just awful. It effectively demonsies folk using publixc transport.

For example if I am sat on a bus with three others in the vehicle then we are expected to wear masks - and that's fine. If I am sat in a car with my friend and two others from seperate households to play football and then we go to the pub afterwards with the opposition for the usual spread and a pint team then there is no requirement to wear one.

Completely agree.

Another kick in the teeth to the bus industry, who were already struggling to get people back on buses.
Dan
28 Nov 2021, 4:43 pm #17

(28 Nov 2021, 4:30 pm)DeltaMan I personally don't have a problem wearing a face covering and have been on buses and trains since the end of summer. But the way its been announced is just awful. It effectively demonsies folk using publixc transport.

For example if I am sat on a bus with three others in the vehicle then we are expected to wear masks - and that's fine. If I am sat in a car with my friend and two others from seperate households to play football and then we go to the pub afterwards with the opposition for the usual spread and a pint team then there is no requirement to wear one.

Completely agree.

Another kick in the teeth to the bus industry, who were already struggling to get people back on buses.

Keeiajs

28 Nov 2021, 5:00 pm #18
Wonder if they will reduce the capacity of buses to 1 to every 2 seats.
Keeiajs
28 Nov 2021, 5:00 pm #18

Wonder if they will reduce the capacity of buses to 1 to every 2 seats.

idiot

28 Nov 2021, 5:15 pm #19
I'm exempt but still wear a mask. Although when I struggle I take it off - I don't care what others think.

Although I havent stopped wearing one if I'm the inly one on top deck I remove it.
idiot
28 Nov 2021, 5:15 pm #19

I'm exempt but still wear a mask. Although when I struggle I take it off - I don't care what others think.

Although I havent stopped wearing one if I'm the inly one on top deck I remove it.

28 Nov 2021, 7:57 pm #20
(28 Nov 2021, 5:15 pm)idiot I'm exempt but still wear a mask. Although when I struggle I take it off - I don't care what others think.

Exemption isn't based on condition, just the ability to wear one without significant distress or risk.

Basically if you can wear one, you're not exempt - but the law still allows for you to remove it afterwards if it will cause you harm or distress.
omnicity4659
28 Nov 2021, 7:57 pm #20

(28 Nov 2021, 5:15 pm)idiot I'm exempt but still wear a mask. Although when I struggle I take it off - I don't care what others think.

Exemption isn't based on condition, just the ability to wear one without significant distress or risk.

Basically if you can wear one, you're not exempt - but the law still allows for you to remove it afterwards if it will cause you harm or distress.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average