Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Enviro 400MMC's for the X10

Enviro 400MMC's for the X10

Enviro 400MMC's for the X10

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (19) Previous 110 11 1219 Next
Andreos1

02 Jan 2022, 9:53 pm #201
(02 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm)Dan How odd that Martijn neglected to mention the at-seat trolley service with complimentary bacon sandwiches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's he like eh? 
Plenty of brown sauce too. Got to make sure it doesn't get stuck on ones nose. I mean chin...

Do you prefer white, brown or a bun?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Jan 2022, 9:53 pm #201

(02 Jan 2022, 9:45 pm)Dan How odd that Martijn neglected to mention the at-seat trolley service with complimentary bacon sandwiches.

What's he like eh? 
Plenty of brown sauce too. Got to make sure it doesn't get stuck on ones nose. I mean chin...

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm #202
(02 Jan 2022, 9:53 pm)Andreos1 What's he like eh? 

I prefer white with red sauce!

Sadly no good for getting a brown nose - sorry chin… - but I’m sure there’ll be other opportunities from Kyle’s Butchers.

Dan
02 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm #202

(02 Jan 2022, 9:53 pm)Andreos1 What's he like eh? 

I prefer white with red sauce!

Sadly no good for getting a brown nose - sorry chin… - but I’m sure there’ll be other opportunities from Kyle’s Butchers.

Andreos1

02 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm #203
(02 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm)Dan I prefer white with red sauce!

As classy as I feared.

Benidorm for two weeks in the summer?
Cocktails from spoons in the airport?
Pasty with red sauce as soon as you land back at Newcastle?

Andreos1
02 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm #203

(02 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm)Dan I prefer white with red sauce!

As classy as I feared.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2022, 10:16 pm #204
(02 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm)Andreos1 As classy as I feared.

Oh, Andreos - you know me so well. So quintessentially Mackem!

Dan
02 Jan 2022, 10:16 pm #204

(02 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm)Andreos1 As classy as I feared.

Oh, Andreos - you know me so well. So quintessentially Mackem!

02 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm #205
The X84 is a nice route with lovely views. Even on a Versa these views can be enjoyed. Don't think much of the journey time Newcastle to Hexham though, but it's a good service for the other places it serves.

For Winlaton/Blaydon from Benwell would I need the 12/12A service?
OrangeArrow49
02 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm #205

The X84 is a nice route with lovely views. Even on a Versa these views can be enjoyed. Don't think much of the journey time Newcastle to Hexham though, but it's a good service for the other places it serves.

MurdnunoC

02 Jan 2022, 10:27 pm #206
(02 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 The X84 is a nice route with lovely views. Even on a Versa these views can be enjoyed. Don't think much of the journey time Newcastle to Hexham though, but it's a good service for the other places it serves.

No. You would need to either walk to Scotswood Bridge and catch the 12/12A from there; catch whichever Stagecoach route passes your house into town; or wait for the X84/X85/684 to either Hexham or Newcastle and catch a Go North East bus from those locations.

The 12/12A ain't going to Benwell in any of our lifetimes....
MurdnunoC
02 Jan 2022, 10:27 pm #206

(02 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 The X84 is a nice route with lovely views. Even on a Versa these views can be enjoyed. Don't think much of the journey time Newcastle to Hexham though, but it's a good service for the other places it serves.

No. You would need to either walk to Scotswood Bridge and catch the 12/12A from there; catch whichever Stagecoach route passes your house into town; or wait for the X84/X85/684 to either Hexham or Newcastle and catch a Go North East bus from those locations.

02 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm #207
(02 Jan 2022, 10:27 pm)MurdnunoC No. You would need to either walk to Scotswood Bridge and catch the 12/12A from there; catch whichever Stagecoach route passes your house into town; or wait for the X84/X85/684 to either Hexham or Newcastle and catch a Go North East bus from those locations.

That's what I meant, walk to Scotswood Bridge. Never thought of going to Hexham, but I'm not sure if the 684 will be around much longer? Benwell to Hexham also takes a while on the X84/684 unfortunately. Bus into Newcastle probably makes the most sense, but walking to Scotswood Bridge is the most direct. 

Why doesn't/couldn't the 12/12A (or a new 12B) serve Benwell?
OrangeArrow49
02 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm #207

(02 Jan 2022, 10:27 pm)MurdnunoC No. You would need to either walk to Scotswood Bridge and catch the 12/12A from there; catch whichever Stagecoach route passes your house into town; or wait for the X84/X85/684 to either Hexham or Newcastle and catch a Go North East bus from those locations.

That's what I meant, walk to Scotswood Bridge. Never thought of going to Hexham, but I'm not sure if the 684 will be around much longer? Benwell to Hexham also takes a while on the X84/684 unfortunately. Bus into Newcastle probably makes the most sense, but walking to Scotswood Bridge is the most direct. 

Malarkey

02 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm #208
(02 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's what I meant, walk to Scotswood Bridge. Never thought of going to Hexham, but I'm not sure if the 684 will be around much longer? Benwell to Hexham also takes a while on the X84/684 unfortunately. Bus into Newcastle probably makes the most sense, but walking to Scotswood Bridge is the most direct. 

Benwell is like Newcastle's answer to Beirut, their is nothing there as it got levelled many years ago  Tongue
Malarkey
02 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm #208

(02 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 That's what I meant, walk to Scotswood Bridge. Never thought of going to Hexham, but I'm not sure if the 684 will be around much longer? Benwell to Hexham also takes a while on the X84/684 unfortunately. Bus into Newcastle probably makes the most sense, but walking to Scotswood Bridge is the most direct. 

Benwell is like Newcastle's answer to Beirut, their is nothing there as it got levelled many years ago  Tongue

Ambassador

02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm #209

Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour. I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Tbf to MG. passengers don’t follow him,  nobody knows who he is, he’s tweeting about a nice journey home. It’s just more poorly judged if anyone were to look into it (which they won’t). If he was the CEO of say Nexus or LNER then there’d be interest about a forthcoming downgrade but he runs a bus company…nobody cares, not even his passengers…that’s half the problem

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm #209

Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour. I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Tbf to MG. passengers don’t follow him,  nobody knows who he is, he’s tweeting about a nice journey home. It’s just more poorly judged if anyone were to look into it (which they won’t). If he was the CEO of say Nexus or LNER then there’d be interest about a forthcoming downgrade but he runs a bus company…nobody cares, not even his passengers…that’s half the problem

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

MurdnunoC

02 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm #210

Why does it need to?

There's nothing in Blaydon which the folk of Benwell couldn't easily get in Newcastle unless they have some sort of Morrisons/Home Bargains fetish and I don't think the folk of Blaydon or Winlaton will be too enamoured with what the delights Adelaide Terrace has to offer. The added journey time of the 12/12A if it went through Benwell and Elswick would probably deter people currently using the service from using it plus it would need an extra bus or two added into the PVR to maintain frequency. Resources costs money and I don't see this being a profitable venture, especially in the current climate ,where bus operators are looking to cut costs to reduce overheads; or being cajoled into to cooperating with each other along key corridors in order to receive subsidy - which removes any competitive element of your suggestion.

It's a dead horse, stop flogging it.

(02 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm)Malarkey Benwell is like Newcastle's answer to Beirut, their is nothing there as it got levelled many years ago  Tongue

It's not so much that, but the suggestions are similar to when you used to route every one of your suggestions through Lambton Village Centre.
Edited 02 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
02 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm #210

Why does it need to?

There's nothing in Blaydon which the folk of Benwell couldn't easily get in Newcastle unless they have some sort of Morrisons/Home Bargains fetish and I don't think the folk of Blaydon or Winlaton will be too enamoured with what the delights Adelaide Terrace has to offer. The added journey time of the 12/12A if it went through Benwell and Elswick would probably deter people currently using the service from using it plus it would need an extra bus or two added into the PVR to maintain frequency. Resources costs money and I don't see this being a profitable venture, especially in the current climate ,where bus operators are looking to cut costs to reduce overheads; or being cajoled into to cooperating with each other along key corridors in order to receive subsidy - which removes any competitive element of your suggestion.

(02 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm)Malarkey Benwell is like Newcastle's answer to Beirut, their is nothing there as it got levelled many years ago  Tongue

It's not so much that, but the suggestions are similar to when you used to route every one of your suggestions through Lambton Village Centre.

Malarkey

02 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm #211
(02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm)Ambassador Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour.  I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Give it 18 Months and those E400's won't be on the X9/X10, they'll be on something else. Go North East really need to have vehicles especially designed to take in the capabilities of such a demanding service, i'm sure if they spoke with say Plaxton's they'd be able to come up with a Double Decker Bus that has coaching chassis and gearbox etc, sorry to say but we are not in the age we were 20 Years Ago where a Leyland/Volvo Olympian or an MCW Metrobus had those capabilities. Closest we have had to this is the Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2.

As for the X84/X85 and MG promoting it as X-Lines on his Twitter this evening leaves a bad taste when the route is being downgraded to Versa's, No would've said anything if the E400's were replaced by the 17-Plated Streetlites and retained the X-Lines identity given the feature onboard these vehicles have, for me those Versa's should've went on the 12/12A.
Malarkey
02 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm #211

(02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm)Ambassador Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour.  I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Give it 18 Months and those E400's won't be on the X9/X10, they'll be on something else. Go North East really need to have vehicles especially designed to take in the capabilities of such a demanding service, i'm sure if they spoke with say Plaxton's they'd be able to come up with a Double Decker Bus that has coaching chassis and gearbox etc, sorry to say but we are not in the age we were 20 Years Ago where a Leyland/Volvo Olympian or an MCW Metrobus had those capabilities. Closest we have had to this is the Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2.

As for the X84/X85 and MG promoting it as X-Lines on his Twitter this evening leaves a bad taste when the route is being downgraded to Versa's, No would've said anything if the E400's were replaced by the 17-Plated Streetlites and retained the X-Lines identity given the feature onboard these vehicles have, for me those Versa's should've went on the 12/12A.

02 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm #212
(02 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm)MurdnunoC Why does it need to?

Is that the nickname for the Interdecks.... Big Grin  Big Grin

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
02 Jan 2022, 11:31 pm #212

(02 Jan 2022, 11:22 pm)MurdnunoC Why does it need to?

Is that the nickname for the Interdecks.... Big Grin  Big Grin

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

02 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm #213
Where is the best place to catch the 12/12A on Scotswood Road from Benwell? Scotswood Bridge? Is walking to Scotswood Bridge for the 12/12A the quickest way to get from Benwell to Blaydon/Winlaton or 684 to Newcastle and then a service from there?
OrangeArrow49
02 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm #213

Where is the best place to catch the 12/12A on Scotswood Road from Benwell? Scotswood Bridge? Is walking to Scotswood Bridge for the 12/12A the quickest way to get from Benwell to Blaydon/Winlaton or 684 to Newcastle and then a service from there?

MurdnunoC

02 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm #214
(02 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm)OrangeArrow49 Where is the best place to catch the 12/12A on Scotswood Road from Benwell? Scotswood Bridge? Is walking to Scotswood Bridge for the 12/12A the quickest way to get from Benwell to Blaydon/Winlaton or 684 to Newcastle and then a service from there?

If you're around Adelaide Terrace, then I'd suggest walking straight down Atkinson Road, turn left onto Whitehouse Road at the bottom, and catch the bus from one of the visible bus stops when you eventually reach Scotswood Road. 

If you're nearer Whickham View, cut down through Scotswood and catch the bus from Scotswood Bridge or from anywhere outside the former Vickers factory.
MurdnunoC
02 Jan 2022, 11:40 pm #214

(02 Jan 2022, 11:35 pm)OrangeArrow49 Where is the best place to catch the 12/12A on Scotswood Road from Benwell? Scotswood Bridge? Is walking to Scotswood Bridge for the 12/12A the quickest way to get from Benwell to Blaydon/Winlaton or 684 to Newcastle and then a service from there?

If you're around Adelaide Terrace, then I'd suggest walking straight down Atkinson Road, turn left onto Whitehouse Road at the bottom, and catch the bus from one of the visible bus stops when you eventually reach Scotswood Road. 

If you're nearer Whickham View, cut down through Scotswood and catch the bus from Scotswood Bridge or from anywhere outside the former Vickers factory.

peter

02 Jan 2022, 11:44 pm #215

There's no indication of the 684 being withdrawn -  it's been funded by Northumberland County Council for years now (as the X84) and if i'm not mistaken the contract is being renewed this year so I wouldn't worry about that.
peter
02 Jan 2022, 11:44 pm #215

There's no indication of the 684 being withdrawn -  it's been funded by Northumberland County Council for years now (as the X84) and if i'm not mistaken the contract is being renewed this year so I wouldn't worry about that.

02 Jan 2022, 11:52 pm #216
(02 Jan 2022, 11:44 pm)peter There's no indication of the 684 being withdrawn -  it's been funded by Northumberland County Council for years now (as the X84) and if i'm not mistaken the contract is being renewed this year so I wouldn't worry about that.

Ah, well that's good. Hopefully the 74 and 684 will continue to run. Unfortunately the 684 won't be running on evenings or Sundays, and I'll have to use the 12/12A instead (the 42A isn't as reliable with GCT running it, and I believe Scotswood Road is closer than Gosforth for Blakelaw, Slatyford, Cowgate, Fenham and Benwell).
OrangeArrow49
02 Jan 2022, 11:52 pm #216

(02 Jan 2022, 11:44 pm)peter There's no indication of the 684 being withdrawn -  it's been funded by Northumberland County Council for years now (as the X84) and if i'm not mistaken the contract is being renewed this year so I wouldn't worry about that.

Ah, well that's good. Hopefully the 74 and 684 will continue to run. Unfortunately the 684 won't be running on evenings or Sundays, and I'll have to use the 12/12A instead (the 42A isn't as reliable with GCT running it, and I believe Scotswood Road is closer than Gosforth for Blakelaw, Slatyford, Cowgate, Fenham and Benwell).

L469 YVK

03 Jan 2022, 12:05 am #217
(02 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm)Malarkey Give it 18 Months and those E400's won't be on the X9/X10, they'll be on something else. Go North East really need to have vehicles especially designed to take in the capabilities of such a demanding service, i'm sure if they spoke with say Plaxton's they'd be able to come up with a Double Decker Bus that has coaching chassis and gearbox etc, sorry to say but we are not in the age we were 20 Years Ago where a Leyland/Volvo Olympian or an MCW Metrobus had those capabilities. Closest we have had to this is the Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2.
The E400MMCs are very capable machines and are probably just as stable as the B9TLs and B7TLs previously allocated if not slightly more.

Although Arriva are pushing their luck now going beyond 5 years old (now 7 years), ANE 7529-33 did ok on the X18 for their first 5 years.

GoEY operate E400MMCs on the X46 and Transdev (although I believe they did initially order OM936 StreetDecks) use them on CityZap. Both with ZF gearboxes like 6352-55.
L469 YVK
03 Jan 2022, 12:05 am #217

(02 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm)Malarkey Give it 18 Months and those E400's won't be on the X9/X10, they'll be on something else. Go North East really need to have vehicles especially designed to take in the capabilities of such a demanding service, i'm sure if they spoke with say Plaxton's they'd be able to come up with a Double Decker Bus that has coaching chassis and gearbox etc, sorry to say but we are not in the age we were 20 Years Ago where a Leyland/Volvo Olympian or an MCW Metrobus had those capabilities. Closest we have had to this is the Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2.
The E400MMCs are very capable machines and are probably just as stable as the B9TLs and B7TLs previously allocated if not slightly more.

Although Arriva are pushing their luck now going beyond 5 years old (now 7 years), ANE 7529-33 did ok on the X18 for their first 5 years.

GoEY operate E400MMCs on the X46 and Transdev (although I believe they did initially order OM936 StreetDecks) use them on CityZap. Both with ZF gearboxes like 6352-55.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Jan 2022, 6:16 am #218
(02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm)Ambassador Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour. I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Usually agree with a lot of your posts, Ambassador, and not sure if you’re being serious, but I’m afraid if you’re seeing a bunker mentality and/or gallows humour in my recent posts then you’re reading far too much into things. Bacon mentality, however… that’s a different matter!

Dan
03 Jan 2022, 6:16 am #218

(02 Jan 2022, 11:16 pm)Ambassador Im not sure whether to be amused or a bit ahhh bless of the bunker mentality by Dan here. I do love gallows humour. I can get middle management  and project owners suddenly feeling cornered and fearful at cuts and more losses and no govt slush fund to keep things going (they are always the first to go)

Usually agree with a lot of your posts, Ambassador, and not sure if you’re being serious, but I’m afraid if you’re seeing a bunker mentality and/or gallows humour in my recent posts then you’re reading far too much into things. Bacon mentality, however… that’s a different matter!

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm #219
On a serious note - with the reduction in PVR on service X10, 7132 has transferred to Deptford, for use on the 4274 school contract. This displaces 6942, which is expected to be withdrawn by the end of this month (currently being retained to cover 3943 which is long-term VOR).

6354 and 6355 both had their final day on the X84/X85 today, being replaced by 5377 and 8347 respectively. Now at Saltmeadows for repaint. 6337 remains at Hexham currently, albeit off service this week (until Friday) for MOT.
Dan
03 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm #219

On a serious note - with the reduction in PVR on service X10, 7132 has transferred to Deptford, for use on the 4274 school contract. This displaces 6942, which is expected to be withdrawn by the end of this month (currently being retained to cover 3943 which is long-term VOR).

6354 and 6355 both had their final day on the X84/X85 today, being replaced by 5377 and 8347 respectively. Now at Saltmeadows for repaint. 6337 remains at Hexham currently, albeit off service this week (until Friday) for MOT.

L469 YVK

03 Jan 2022, 8:13 pm #220
(03 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm)Dan On a serious note - with the reduction in PVR on service X10, 7132 has transferred to Deptford, for use on the 4274 school contract. This displaces 6942, which is expected to be withdrawn by the end of this month (currently being retained to cover 3943 which is long-term VOR).

I take it 6337 will just end up at Consett? With 6377 being a Riverside spare as a backup for 6352-55?
L469 YVK
03 Jan 2022, 8:13 pm #220

(03 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm)Dan On a serious note - with the reduction in PVR on service X10, 7132 has transferred to Deptford, for use on the 4274 school contract. This displaces 6942, which is expected to be withdrawn by the end of this month (currently being retained to cover 3943 which is long-term VOR).

I take it 6337 will just end up at Consett? With 6377 being a Riverside spare as a backup for 6352-55?

Pages (19) Previous 110 11 1219 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average