Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

Pages (15): 1 2 315 Next
06 Jan 2022, 10:40 am #1
Not sure if region wide, but just had message from GNE that Sunday services are being employed on Saturday. This is from Deptford but unsure if only a local arrangement
54APhotography
06 Jan 2022, 10:40 am #1

Not sure if region wide, but just had message from GNE that Sunday services are being employed on Saturday. This is from Deptford but unsure if only a local arrangement

06 Jan 2022, 10:47 am #2
(06 Jan 2022, 10:40 am)54APhotography Not sure if region wide, but just had message from GNE that Sunday services are being employed on Saturday. This is from Deptford but unsure if only a local arrangement
I bloody hope not, that'll mean the X21 will stop serving West Auckland on a Saturday as well!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
06 Jan 2022, 10:47 am #2

(06 Jan 2022, 10:40 am)54APhotography Not sure if region wide, but just had message from GNE that Sunday services are being employed on Saturday. This is from Deptford but unsure if only a local arrangement
I bloody hope not, that'll mean the X21 will stop serving West Auckland on a Saturday as well!

morritt89

06 Jan 2022, 11:42 am #3
Deptford (excludes Peterlee), Washington and Consett are the affected depots
morritt89
06 Jan 2022, 11:42 am #3

Deptford (excludes Peterlee), Washington and Consett are the affected depots

Adrian

06 Jan 2022, 12:30 pm #4
Shocking that mind, especially for those who work in retail with early starts on a Saturday. There's also the Newcastle match on Saturday afternoon.

I hope there's some operational exceptions in place, otherwise people aren't going to get to work and those 4s and X1s are going to leave people behind before and after the match.

Leave your car at home and let us take care of your journey... p.s. I hope you wrap up warm and enjoy a long wait in the cold!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Jan 2022, 12:30 pm #4

Shocking that mind, especially for those who work in retail with early starts on a Saturday. There's also the Newcastle match on Saturday afternoon.

I hope there's some operational exceptions in place, otherwise people aren't going to get to work and those 4s and X1s are going to leave people behind before and after the match.

Leave your car at home and let us take care of your journey... p.s. I hope you wrap up warm and enjoy a long wait in the cold!

Chris 1

06 Jan 2022, 1:04 pm #5
(06 Jan 2022, 11:42 am)morritt89 Deptford (excludes Peterlee), Washington and Consett are the affected depots

Is that from this Saturday?  Not a lot of time for people to make alternative arrangements.

Any idea how long for?
Chris 1
06 Jan 2022, 1:04 pm #5

(06 Jan 2022, 11:42 am)morritt89 Deptford (excludes Peterlee), Washington and Consett are the affected depots

Is that from this Saturday?  Not a lot of time for people to make alternative arrangements.

Any idea how long for?

morritt89

06 Jan 2022, 1:56 pm #6
From Saturday 8th yes. I only found out from the union late last night and it was confirmed by management this morning.
morritt89
06 Jan 2022, 1:56 pm #6

From Saturday 8th yes. I only found out from the union late last night and it was confirmed by management this morning.

morritt89

06 Jan 2022, 4:08 pm #7
Further update (Deptford) certain routes are running to a standard Saturday timetable just to confuse things a bit more. These being the low cost/Nexus services which includes the X20 amongst others.
morritt89
06 Jan 2022, 4:08 pm #7

Further update (Deptford) certain routes are running to a standard Saturday timetable just to confuse things a bit more. These being the low cost/Nexus services which includes the X20 amongst others.

Omega54

06 Jan 2022, 4:16 pm #8
(06 Jan 2022, 4:08 pm)morritt89 Further update (Deptford) certain routes are running to a standard Saturday timetable just to confuse things a bit more. These being the low cost/Nexus services which includes the X20 amongst others.
As in 8th January, they are making this change quick. With only 2 days notice.

In all fairness I am okay with them moving certain services to Sunday services, however I think some like the X1 should be moved to every 20 mins. However routes which are every 30 mins, who on a Sunday is every 60 mins imo should keep to 30 mins. However services like the 20/56 who are every 15 mins but every 20 mins on a Sunday imo they are okay. it is when you slash a service to every hour.

I also wonder if the 38C will run on a Saturday, aswell if the 62/X6 will run with the 33. Aswell as the V's which run very limited servies on a sunday.

And whether the X45/X46 will go to evert 20 mins as especially on a Saturday those and 47/47A can get rammed. Maybe upgrading the 47/47A (after driver shortage) would maybe go upto every 20 mins.
Omega54
06 Jan 2022, 4:16 pm #8

(06 Jan 2022, 4:08 pm)morritt89 Further update (Deptford) certain routes are running to a standard Saturday timetable just to confuse things a bit more. These being the low cost/Nexus services which includes the X20 amongst others.
As in 8th January, they are making this change quick. With only 2 days notice.

In all fairness I am okay with them moving certain services to Sunday services, however I think some like the X1 should be moved to every 20 mins. However routes which are every 30 mins, who on a Sunday is every 60 mins imo should keep to 30 mins. However services like the 20/56 who are every 15 mins but every 20 mins on a Sunday imo they are okay. it is when you slash a service to every hour.

I also wonder if the 38C will run on a Saturday, aswell if the 62/X6 will run with the 33. Aswell as the V's which run very limited servies on a sunday.

And whether the X45/X46 will go to evert 20 mins as especially on a Saturday those and 47/47A can get rammed. Maybe upgrading the 47/47A (after driver shortage) would maybe go upto every 20 mins.

Andreos1

06 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm #9
Wonder when they decide to share it with the wider public? The people using those services and needing to use them to get places. 

There's not much time left to get the message out there.
Is it cynical of me to expect quite a few complaints over the weekend and in to next week?
Is it even more cynical of me to expect a shrug of the shoulders and a 'we told you, we updated the website and notices went on buses - you should have paid attention' kind of response?
Is it inevitable that the drivers who have managed to bat Covid away and haven't moved on to bigger and better things, are the ones who will get it in the neck?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm #9

Wonder when they decide to share it with the wider public? The people using those services and needing to use them to get places. 

Is it cynical of me to expect quite a few complaints over the weekend and in to next week?
Is it even more cynical of me to expect a shrug of the shoulders and a 'we told you, we updated the website and notices went on buses - you should have paid attention' kind of response?
Is it inevitable that the drivers who have managed to bat Covid away and haven't moved on to bigger and better things, are the ones who will get it in the neck?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

06 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm #10
(06 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm)Andreos1 Wonder when they decide to share it with the wider public? The people using those services and needing to use them to get places. 

Wonder what the chances of it getting announced at 4:59 tomorrow when customer services closes for the weekend?

streetdeckfan
06 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm #10

(06 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm)Andreos1 Wonder when they decide to share it with the wider public? The people using those services and needing to use them to get places. 

Wonder what the chances of it getting announced at 4:59 tomorrow when customer services closes for the weekend?

JP6004

06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm #11
(06 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm)streetdeckfan Wonder what the chances of it getting announced at 4:59 tomorrow when customer services closes for the weekend?

They already online
JP6004
06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm #11

(06 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm)streetdeckfan Wonder what the chances of it getting announced at 4:59 tomorrow when customer services closes for the weekend?

They already online

Jimmi

06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm #12
Sunday timetables running on Saturdays are now online: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/temporary-...-8-january

It will apply to the following services:

X-lines X1
X-lines X5 | X15
X-lines X20
X-lines X30 | X31
X-lines X45 | X46
X-lines X70 | X71 | X72
Sunderland District Berries 2 | 2A
Connections 4
Service 9
Durham Diamond 16 | 16A
Prince Bishops 20
Service 26
Sunderland District Cherry 35 | 35A
Sunderland District Graphite 39 | 39A
Red Kite Ranger 47 | 47A
Service 50
Sunderland District Violet 55
Cityrider 56
Drifter 60
Sunderland District Blue 61
Country Ranger 78
Little Pinks 82
Little Pinks 84 | 84A
Little Pinks 85
Jimmi
06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm #12

Sunday timetables running on Saturdays are now online: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/temporary-...-8-january

X-lines X1
X-lines X5 | X15
X-lines X20
X-lines X30 | X31
X-lines X45 | X46
X-lines X70 | X71 | X72
Connections 4
Service 9
Durham Diamond 16 | 16A
Prince Bishops 20
Service 26
Red Kite Ranger 47 | 47A
Service 50
Cityrider 56
Drifter 60
Country Ranger 78
Little Pinks 82
Little Pinks 84 | 84A
Little Pinks 85

Omega54

06 Jan 2022, 5:19 pm #13
(06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm)Jimmi Sunday timetables running on Saturdays are now online: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/temporary-...-8-january

X-lines X1
X-lines X5 | X15
X-lines X20
X-lines X30 | X31
X-lines X45 | X46
X-lines X70 | X71 | X72
Connections 4
Service 9
Durham Diamond 16 | 16A
Prince Bishops 20
Service 26
Red Kite Ranger 47 | 47A
Service 50
Cityrider 56
Drifter 60
Country Ranger 78
Little Pinks 82
Little Pinks 84 | 84A
Little Pinks 85
I understand why they are doing it, but strictly moving all these to Sunday services are going to just be a mess.
X46/X45 get busy at it is, X1 every 30 mins on a Saturday every bus will be rammed. Tbh I think services which run every 10-15 mins normally will be okay. However it is the half hourly services, e.g 78/47/47A/50. 
They should have made special timetables imo for the 47/47A/X45/X46/78/X1/X70/1/2. Lets not forget about the Newcastle match, services are already busy enough as it is then reduce the frequencies even more.

How much more can they reduce frequencies, before people just turn off buses.
Omega54
06 Jan 2022, 5:19 pm #13

(06 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm)Jimmi Sunday timetables running on Saturdays are now online: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/temporary-...-8-january

X-lines X1
X-lines X5 | X15
X-lines X20
X-lines X30 | X31
X-lines X45 | X46
X-lines X70 | X71 | X72
Connections 4
Service 9
Durham Diamond 16 | 16A
Prince Bishops 20
Service 26
Red Kite Ranger 47 | 47A
Service 50
Cityrider 56
Drifter 60
Country Ranger 78
Little Pinks 82
Little Pinks 84 | 84A
Little Pinks 85
I understand why they are doing it, but strictly moving all these to Sunday services are going to just be a mess.
X46/X45 get busy at it is, X1 every 30 mins on a Saturday every bus will be rammed. Tbh I think services which run every 10-15 mins normally will be okay. However it is the half hourly services, e.g 78/47/47A/50. 
They should have made special timetables imo for the 47/47A/X45/X46/78/X1/X70/1/2. Lets not forget about the Newcastle match, services are already busy enough as it is then reduce the frequencies even more.

How much more can they reduce frequencies, before people just turn off buses.

Adrian

06 Jan 2022, 5:20 pm #14

I wonder how it'll be communicated, because I don't think outside of the enthusiast company, people generally know which depot runs which routes. Fair enough you can make an assumption, e.g. 4s are ran by Washington, but who's to say which depot runs the 56 or 50 for example. 

I guess the cost of dropping all the runs on the low cost/Nexus work outweighs dishing out apologies left right and centre to commercial customers, so not at all surprised if that is still running. 

I wonder how, as well as when.

Is there technology available to send a push notification out via the app for example? Sure, that only hits a percentage of numbers, but it's a start. I also think having a presence at bus stations is essential, otherwise those without the app or Internet access end up being headless chickens, and it usually results in the drivers getting the stick for it as well sadly.

I also hope that the app will have the correct schedule, so we don't see Saturday services listed or nothing showing as live.

Well, that's another thing... you'd hope there'd be some presence to respond to the Facebook/Twitter queries, at the very least.

Adrian
06 Jan 2022, 5:20 pm #14

I wonder how it'll be communicated, because I don't think outside of the enthusiast company, people generally know which depot runs which routes. Fair enough you can make an assumption, e.g. 4s are ran by Washington, but who's to say which depot runs the 56 or 50 for example. 

I guess the cost of dropping all the runs on the low cost/Nexus work outweighs dishing out apologies left right and centre to commercial customers, so not at all surprised if that is still running. 

I wonder how, as well as when.

Is there technology available to send a push notification out via the app for example? Sure, that only hits a percentage of numbers, but it's a start. I also think having a presence at bus stations is essential, otherwise those without the app or Internet access end up being headless chickens, and it usually results in the drivers getting the stick for it as well sadly.

I also hope that the app will have the correct schedule, so we don't see Saturday services listed or nothing showing as live.

Well, that's another thing... you'd hope there'd be some presence to respond to the Facebook/Twitter queries, at the very least.

Omega54

06 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm #15
Lets just say the FaceBook reactions haven't gone down well to say the least. 

i hope there is someone on social media on Saturday. I also hope they are running the 78 with deckers.
Omega54
06 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm #15

Lets just say the FaceBook reactions haven't gone down well to say the least. 

i hope there is someone on social media on Saturday. I also hope they are running the 78 with deckers.

06 Jan 2022, 6:09 pm #16
So what's the alternative then? Russle up 30 or whatever extra drivers from thin air?

Expect the fit drivers to come in on their rest days for the same rate of pay and in the process probably get zero thanks for doing so from the company or general public?
Driver9***
06 Jan 2022, 6:09 pm #16

So what's the alternative then? Russle up 30 or whatever extra drivers from thin air?

Expect the fit drivers to come in on their rest days for the same rate of pay and in the process probably get zero thanks for doing so from the company or general public?

morritt89

06 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #17
I wonder if this has been a sudden idea of how to fix a problem (temporary fix?) or if the idea of dropping to a Sunday service has been a back burner contingency idea for some time?

Long term (depending on how long these emergency measures last) , its only going to confuse passengers and force them to use other transport options such as a car or a rival operator (or Metro). Whilst Covid has devastated many industries, I genuinely don't see how public transport as a whole can get the publics confidence back to where it was prepandemic (and even then public transport had image issues and stigmas attached).
morritt89
06 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #17

I wonder if this has been a sudden idea of how to fix a problem (temporary fix?) or if the idea of dropping to a Sunday service has been a back burner contingency idea for some time?

Long term (depending on how long these emergency measures last) , its only going to confuse passengers and force them to use other transport options such as a car or a rival operator (or Metro). Whilst Covid has devastated many industries, I genuinely don't see how public transport as a whole can get the publics confidence back to where it was prepandemic (and even then public transport had image issues and stigmas attached).

DeltaMan

06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm #18
(06 Jan 2022, 6:09 pm)Driver9*** So what's the alternative then? Russle up 30 or whatever extra drivers from thin air?

GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed! There are only so many times you can move drivers around other depots when they are dropping like flies for isolation
DeltaMan
06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm #18

(06 Jan 2022, 6:09 pm)Driver9*** So what's the alternative then? Russle up 30 or whatever extra drivers from thin air?

GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed! There are only so many times you can move drivers around other depots when they are dropping like flies for isolation

06 Jan 2022, 6:22 pm #19
(06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm)DeltaMan GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed!
My depot is still running about 99% of its services without much problem, albeit thanks to the fact that some of the drivers would happily work 168 hours a week if they physically could.
Driver9***
06 Jan 2022, 6:22 pm #19

(06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm)DeltaMan GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed!
My depot is still running about 99% of its services without much problem, albeit thanks to the fact that some of the drivers would happily work 168 hours a week if they physically could.

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Jan 2022, 6:25 pm #20
(06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm)DeltaMan GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed! There are only so many times you can move drivers around other depots when they are dropping like flies for isolation

This is true. I have heard that Costa in Durham for example have closed their shops, due to high staff sickness as a result of Covid-related absences.

The difference of course is that you can cope without a coffee, whereas those using public transport may be reliant upon it. It makes cancellations and reduction in service a much harder pill to swallow for customers.

I suspect it's a decision not made lightly, but it's best to pre-plan a reduction in service and make customers aware (through as many channels as possible), than a short-notice cancellation, which, despite the company's best efforts, may not be seen by customers who are stood waiting in the cold and rain... I believe this comes after Baroness Vere wrote to all local authorities requesting transport operators who are suffering a staff shortage to change schedules accordingly to reduce staffing levels. I note the Ferry have also reduced their evening service, for example.
Dan
06 Jan 2022, 6:25 pm #20

(06 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm)DeltaMan GNE won't he the only ones doing some sort of reduced service. Covid is wreaking havoc in the places I know of. Even where rotas are virtually fully staffed! There are only so many times you can move drivers around other depots when they are dropping like flies for isolation

This is true. I have heard that Costa in Durham for example have closed their shops, due to high staff sickness as a result of Covid-related absences.

The difference of course is that you can cope without a coffee, whereas those using public transport may be reliant upon it. It makes cancellations and reduction in service a much harder pill to swallow for customers.

I suspect it's a decision not made lightly, but it's best to pre-plan a reduction in service and make customers aware (through as many channels as possible), than a short-notice cancellation, which, despite the company's best efforts, may not be seen by customers who are stood waiting in the cold and rain... I believe this comes after Baroness Vere wrote to all local authorities requesting transport operators who are suffering a staff shortage to change schedules accordingly to reduce staffing levels. I note the Ferry have also reduced their evening service, for example.

Pages (15): 1 2 315 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average