Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Movies

Movies

Movies

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Adrian

23 Dec 2021, 9:41 am #21
(23 Dec 2021, 3:36 am)streetdeckfan Got dragged to go see the new Spiderman last night, and bloody hell did it drag. 
I feel like they could have cut an hour out of it and nothing would have been lost

What was it like? I've been asked to go a couple times now, but people have said you need to have watched the others to really get a feel for it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Dec 2021, 9:41 am #21

(23 Dec 2021, 3:36 am)streetdeckfan Got dragged to go see the new Spiderman last night, and bloody hell did it drag. 
I feel like they could have cut an hour out of it and nothing would have been lost

What was it like? I've been asked to go a couple times now, but people have said you need to have watched the others to really get a feel for it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

23 Dec 2021, 11:52 am #22
(23 Dec 2021, 9:41 am)Adrian What was it like? I've been asked to go a couple times now, but people have said you need to have watched the others to really get a feel for it.
I mean, I'm not really a superhero movie kinda guy, so I was never going to love it.

You definitely need to have seen the previous ones as they make loads of references. The only ones I've seen are the Toby Maguire ones (and I wouldn't say I've actually /watched/ them), so I did get a few of the references.
But I definitely felt like a lemon a lot of the time when everyone else in the cinema was laughing and I just didn't know what was going on.

Visually, it was great, but the story was very meh, like I said I felt like they could have cut an hours worth of movie out of it and you wouldn't really lose anything.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
23 Dec 2021, 11:52 am #22

(23 Dec 2021, 9:41 am)Adrian What was it like? I've been asked to go a couple times now, but people have said you need to have watched the others to really get a feel for it.
I mean, I'm not really a superhero movie kinda guy, so I was never going to love it.

You definitely need to have seen the previous ones as they make loads of references. The only ones I've seen are the Toby Maguire ones (and I wouldn't say I've actually /watched/ them), so I did get a few of the references.
But I definitely felt like a lemon a lot of the time when everyone else in the cinema was laughing and I just didn't know what was going on.

Visually, it was great, but the story was very meh, like I said I felt like they could have cut an hours worth of movie out of it and you wouldn't really lose anything.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Rob44

23 Dec 2021, 11:55 am #23
I went to see it yesterday in IMAX. I enjoy superhero moves but felt aftetr leaving this was a bit over hyped TBH. Even the 2nd credit seen at the end was just a trailer for the new Dr Strange movie rather athen a tit bit to whats happening in the next marvel adventure/.
Rob44
23 Dec 2021, 11:55 am #23

I went to see it yesterday in IMAX. I enjoy superhero moves but felt aftetr leaving this was a bit over hyped TBH. Even the 2nd credit seen at the end was just a trailer for the new Dr Strange movie rather athen a tit bit to whats happening in the next marvel adventure/.

MurdnunoC

01 Jan 2022, 8:01 am #24
I watched Matrix Resurrections about a week ago and thought it was pretty poor.

A film trying to be 'meta' for its own good.
MurdnunoC
01 Jan 2022, 8:01 am #24

I watched Matrix Resurrections about a week ago and thought it was pretty poor.

A film trying to be 'meta' for its own good.

Chris 1

14 Jan 2022, 3:02 pm #25
Not sure how recent it is, but Netflix kept on suggesting it so we gave it a whirl. Anyone seen The Gentlemen? Didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we roared. Plenty of industrial language so probably not one to watch with the family.
Chris 1
14 Jan 2022, 3:02 pm #25

Not sure how recent it is, but Netflix kept on suggesting it so we gave it a whirl. Anyone seen The Gentlemen? Didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we roared. Plenty of industrial language so probably not one to watch with the family.

Andreos1

14 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm #26
(14 Jan 2022, 3:02 pm)Chris 1 Not sure how recent it is, but Netflix kept on suggesting it so we gave it a whirl.  Anyone seen The Gentlemen?  Didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we roared.  Plenty of industrial language so probably not one to watch with the family.
Aye, we watched it a while back. 
Quite enjoyed it, but not one I would rush back to watch.

There were some funny characters!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm #26

(14 Jan 2022, 3:02 pm)Chris 1 Not sure how recent it is, but Netflix kept on suggesting it so we gave it a whirl.  Anyone seen The Gentlemen?  Didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we roared.  Plenty of industrial language so probably not one to watch with the family.
Aye, we watched it a while back. 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Chris 1

14 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm #27
(14 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm)Andreos1 Aye, we watched it a while back. 

Certainly is!  Hugh Grant had me. Some brilliant one liners
Chris 1
14 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm #27

(14 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm)Andreos1 Aye, we watched it a while back. 

Certainly is!  Hugh Grant had me. Some brilliant one liners

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average