Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations

Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations

Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (25): 1 2 325 Next
Tom

08 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm #1
News, debate and discussion on Cumbria & North Lancashire's Bus Operations.
Bus operators include the likes of Stagecoach, Alba Travel, Grand Prix Coaches, Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire, Reays Coaches and many more.
Tom
08 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm #1

News, debate and discussion on Cumbria & North Lancashire's Bus Operations.
Bus operators include the likes of Stagecoach, Alba Travel, Grand Prix Coaches, Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire, Reays Coaches and many more.

Tom

08 Dec 2012, 9:00 pm #2
Independent companies in Cumbria and North Lancashire. So companies like Reays, Travellers Choice etc.
Tom
08 Dec 2012, 9:00 pm #2

Independent companies in Cumbria and North Lancashire. So companies like Reays, Travellers Choice etc.

08 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm #3
(08 Dec 2012, 9:00 pm)W179SCU Independent companies in Cumbria and North Lancashire. So companies like Reays, Travellers Choice etc.

Hows the winner of this competition judged?
CumbrianJosh
08 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm #3

(08 Dec 2012, 9:00 pm)W179SCU Independent companies in Cumbria and North Lancashire. So companies like Reays, Travellers Choice etc.

Tom

09 Dec 2012, 10:02 am #4
(08 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm)CumbrianJosh

By a vote...

Can you post this in the relevant thread next time haha! - You are reading my signutare, this is info about Independent companies in Cumbria Smile
Tom
09 Dec 2012, 10:02 am #4

(08 Dec 2012, 11:52 pm)CumbrianJosh

By a vote...

Can you post this in the relevant thread next time haha! - You are reading my signutare, this is info about Independent companies in Cumbria Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Mar 2013, 12:10 pm #6
Summer timetables are out now, effective from 25th March.
Dan
07 Mar 2013, 12:10 pm #6

Summer timetables are out now, effective from 25th March.

Tom

07 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm #7
The summer timetables are finally available to us! There are some minor and major changes to a number of routes!

'Honister Rambler' 77/77A
Why not travel on The Honister Rambler through one of the steepest passes in the region? These services operate a circular from Keswick via Buttermere and Whinlatter. Additionally, there are short services between Keswick and Portinscale...
The timetable can be viewed here

'Borrowdale Rambler' 78
This service operate every 30 mins in the summer holidays between Keswick and Seatoller, with fantastic open-top buses to enjoy the views.

Service 103/104
This service from Carlisle to Penrith, with certian journeys extending Winfell Forset, Center Parcs. They operate every 30 mins to Penrith, every hour to Center Parcs. The timetable can be viewed
here

Services 108/508
The 108 operates between Penrith and Patterdale via Pooley Bridge and Glenridding. The 508 however, extends from Patterdale to Windermere and Bowness via the amazing Kirkstone Pass. The timetable can be viewed here

'The West Coast Connect' 300/301
These services operate from Whitehaven from Carlisle via Workington, Maryport, Aspatria and Wigton. The timetable can be viewed here

'Coniston Rambler' 505
Operates from Windermere to Coniston hourly. If your looking for a great day out, experience a Lakeland Cruise on the fabulous Coniston Water! Timetable can be viewed here

'Langdale Rambler' 516
This service runs from Ambleside to lovely, scenic Dungeon Ghyll. Timetable can be viewed here here

Service 554
This service runs from Carlisle to Keswick four times a day (if your visiting the lakes from Newcastle via the 685, this would be your best option to get to Central Lakes) The timetable is seen here

'The Lakes Connection' 555
This cracking service runs from Keswick to Lancaster (and extra journeys to Kendal) via Central Lakes. Timetable is seen here

'The Lakes Rider' 599
Operated by open-top tridents, with audio-commnetary,the 599 operates from Bowness Pier to Grasmere. This year, there are some additional services from Ambleside to Windermere. The timetable can be viewed here

Service 600
This service runs from Carlisle to Cockermouth and West Cumberland Hospital with certian journeys extending to Frizington. Timetable can be seen here

'Bike Bus' 800
I must say, I was shocked when I read this timetable. I was expecting it to run from Windermere to Whinlatter Forset similar to last year however it is totally different. The service now runs from Ambleside to Haverthwaite, Bowness, Windermere, Brockhole and Waterhead. This service can carry up to 12 bikes, however has a reduced seating capacity. Timetable can be seen here

'trans Cumbrian' X4/X5
This service, operated by coaches, operates between Penrith and Workington via Keswick and Cockermouth. Timetable can be seen here
Tom
07 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm #7

The summer timetables are finally available to us! There are some minor and major changes to a number of routes!

'Honister Rambler' 77/77A
Why not travel on The Honister Rambler through one of the steepest passes in the region? These services operate a circular from Keswick via Buttermere and Whinlatter. Additionally, there are short services between Keswick and Portinscale...

'Borrowdale Rambler' 78
This service operate every 30 mins in the summer holidays between Keswick and Seatoller, with fantastic open-top buses to enjoy the views.

Service 103/104
This service from Carlisle to Penrith, with certian journeys extending Winfell Forset, Center Parcs. They operate every 30 mins to Penrith, every hour to Center Parcs. The timetable can be viewed
here

Services 108/508
The 108 operates between Penrith and Patterdale via Pooley Bridge and Glenridding. The 508 however, extends from Patterdale to Windermere and Bowness via the amazing Kirkstone Pass. The timetable can be viewed here

'The West Coast Connect' 300/301
These services operate from Whitehaven from Carlisle via Workington, Maryport, Aspatria and Wigton. The timetable can be viewed here

'Coniston Rambler' 505
Operates from Windermere to Coniston hourly. If your looking for a great day out, experience a Lakeland Cruise on the fabulous Coniston Water! Timetable can be viewed here

'Langdale Rambler' 516
This service runs from Ambleside to lovely, scenic Dungeon Ghyll. Timetable can be viewed here here

Service 554
This service runs from Carlisle to Keswick four times a day (if your visiting the lakes from Newcastle via the 685, this would be your best option to get to Central Lakes) The timetable is seen here

'The Lakes Connection' 555
This cracking service runs from Keswick to Lancaster (and extra journeys to Kendal) via Central Lakes. Timetable is seen here

'The Lakes Rider' 599
Operated by open-top tridents, with audio-commnetary,the 599 operates from Bowness Pier to Grasmere. This year, there are some additional services from Ambleside to Windermere. The timetable can be viewed here

Service 600
This service runs from Carlisle to Cockermouth and West Cumberland Hospital with certian journeys extending to Frizington. Timetable can be seen here

'Bike Bus' 800
I must say, I was shocked when I read this timetable. I was expecting it to run from Windermere to Whinlatter Forset similar to last year however it is totally different. The service now runs from Ambleside to Haverthwaite, Bowness, Windermere, Brockhole and Waterhead. This service can carry up to 12 bikes, however has a reduced seating capacity. Timetable can be seen here

'trans Cumbrian' X4/X5
This service, operated by coaches, operates between Penrith and Workington via Keswick and Cockermouth. Timetable can be seen here

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm #8
The Stagecoach North West collection has been added to Stagecoach UK.
The Stagecoach in Cumbria set has been added, but the Stagecoach in Lancaster set has not, and won't until my next trip to the Lakes when I next get an opportunity to take photos of those rather than sticking to Central Lakes as I did earlier this month.

Something which you should all be familiar with now, is my fleetlist-style of sets/collections. As always, they will be updated accordingly whenever I take more photos of that fleet and I will keep you all posted on here.
Dan
14 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm #8

The Stagecoach North West collection has been added to Stagecoach UK.
The Stagecoach in Cumbria set has been added, but the Stagecoach in Lancaster set has not, and won't until my next trip to the Lakes when I next get an opportunity to take photos of those rather than sticking to Central Lakes as I did earlier this month.

Something which you should all be familiar with now, is my fleetlist-style of sets/collections. As always, they will be updated accordingly whenever I take more photos of that fleet and I will keep you all posted on here.

Tom

21 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm #9
Reays Coaches have now introduced two new service, the 77R and 78R in competition with Stagecoach. The 77R operates from Keswick to Cockermouth via Seatoller and Honister using a ''Cycle Lakes'' branded solo, which can carry up to 5 bikes.

The 78R operates from Keswick to Seatoller in direct competition with the Stagecoach service 78.

The timetable for both of these services can be seen here (bottom page)
Tom
21 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm #9

Reays Coaches have now introduced two new service, the 77R and 78R in competition with Stagecoach. The 77R operates from Keswick to Cockermouth via Seatoller and Honister using a ''Cycle Lakes'' branded solo, which can carry up to 5 bikes.

The 78R operates from Keswick to Seatoller in direct competition with the Stagecoach service 78.

The timetable for both of these services can be seen here (bottom page)

Andreos1

22 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm #10
Is that the one which was featured heavily on both BBC and Tyne Tees news last week?

Looks a decent service.
Andreos1
22 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm #10

Is that the one which was featured heavily on both BBC and Tyne Tees news last week?

Looks a decent service.

Tom

23 Jul 2013, 9:54 am #11
(22 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm)Andreos1 Is that the one which was featured heavily on both BBC and Tyne Tees news last week?

Looks a decent service.

I'm not sure! - But yeah, the 77R looks decent, not the 78R! Smile Annoys me when they go in direct competition with Stagecoach!
Tom
23 Jul 2013, 9:54 am #11

(22 Jul 2013, 5:44 pm)Andreos1 Is that the one which was featured heavily on both BBC and Tyne Tees news last week?

Looks a decent service.

I'm not sure! - But yeah, the 77R looks decent, not the 78R! Smile Annoys me when they go in direct competition with Stagecoach!

tyresmoke

23 Jul 2013, 9:59 am #12
You'd think they'd have learnt by now that they won't win. All they're doing is thinning the loadings out to a point where neither will make money and I think we know who will give up first.
tyresmoke
23 Jul 2013, 9:59 am #12

You'd think they'd have learnt by now that they won't win. All they're doing is thinning the loadings out to a point where neither will make money and I think we know who will give up first.

Tom

23 Jul 2013, 10:02 am #13
(23 Jul 2013, 9:59 am)tyresmoke You'd think they'd have learnt by now that they won't win. All they're doing is thinning the loadings out to a point where neither will make money and I think we know who will give up first.

Exactly Scott! - It was the same with the 300R and 302R, they totally failed there! - I mean, the 555R is alright, some decent loadings at times, but these two services will fail!
Tom
23 Jul 2013, 10:02 am #13

(23 Jul 2013, 9:59 am)tyresmoke You'd think they'd have learnt by now that they won't win. All they're doing is thinning the loadings out to a point where neither will make money and I think we know who will give up first.

Exactly Scott! - It was the same with the 300R and 302R, they totally failed there! - I mean, the 555R is alright, some decent loadings at times, but these two services will fail!

24 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm #14
The 555R would probably do alright with a better timetable. The 2 buses follow each other the whole day with a 30 minute gap followed by a two hour gap. Also, according to the timetable open top Olympians are low floor with the services being 'low floor guaranteed'. I do still like Reays, but poor timetables wont get them anywhere.
Solar50
24 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm #14

The 555R would probably do alright with a better timetable. The 2 buses follow each other the whole day with a 30 minute gap followed by a two hour gap. Also, according to the timetable open top Olympians are low floor with the services being 'low floor guaranteed'. I do still like Reays, but poor timetables wont get them anywhere.

Tom

24 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm #15
(24 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm)Solar50 The 555R would probably do alright with a better timetable. The 2 buses follow each other the whole day with a 30 minute gap followed by a two hour gap. Also, according to the timetable open top Olympians are low floor with the services being 'low floor guaranteed'. I do still like Reays, but poor timetables wont get them anywhere.

Send them a suggestion saying that maybe?
Tom
24 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm #15

(24 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm)Solar50 The 555R would probably do alright with a better timetable. The 2 buses follow each other the whole day with a 30 minute gap followed by a two hour gap. Also, according to the timetable open top Olympians are low floor with the services being 'low floor guaranteed'. I do still like Reays, but poor timetables wont get them anywhere.

Send them a suggestion saying that maybe?

Michael

30 Jul 2013, 11:40 am #16
In the lakes for a week amd jus seen a Non floor B10 heading to cockermouth on the X4 with the X5 2 mins behind it.. normal allocation

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jul 2013, 11:40 am #16

In the lakes for a week amd jus seen a Non floor B10 heading to cockermouth on the X4 with the X5 2 mins behind it.. normal allocation

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

30 Jul 2013, 11:55 am #17
Dart on the X5... these are random allocations.. last time i was here was 2 years ago sooo has anything changed?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jul 2013, 11:55 am #17

Dart on the X5... these are random allocations.. last time i was here was 2 years ago sooo has anything changed?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm #18
(30 Jul 2013, 11:55 am)Michael Dart on the X5... these are random allocations.. last time i was here was 2 years ago sooo has anything changed?

We have got one or two members who either live in Cumbria or visit frequently, so they'll be able to answer better than me... Judging by the photos I took on my last visit to the Lakes earlier this year, a Dart on the X5 isn't unusual or anything. Not sure on the PS, but I've found one or two photos on Flickr of that happening too.
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm #18

(30 Jul 2013, 11:55 am)Michael Dart on the X5... these are random allocations.. last time i was here was 2 years ago sooo has anything changed?

We have got one or two members who either live in Cumbria or visit frequently, so they'll be able to answer better than me... Judging by the photos I took on my last visit to the Lakes earlier this year, a Dart on the X5 isn't unusual or anything. Not sure on the PS, but I've found one or two photos on Flickr of that happening too.

Michael

30 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm #19
Thanks, wasnt sure first time ive being in a couple of years

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm #19

Thanks, wasnt sure first time ive being in a couple of years

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2013, 8:02 am #20
It appears Stagecoach have retaliated to the introduction of Go North East's X84/X85 service by transferring Enviros 27766/7 from Workington for use on service 685.
Dan
31 Aug 2013, 8:02 am #20

It appears Stagecoach have retaliated to the introduction of Go North East's X84/X85 service by transferring Enviros 27766/7 from Workington for use on service 685.

Pages (25): 1 2 325 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average