North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Fleet List Updates

Fleet List Updates

Fleet List Updates

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

04 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm #1
Liam has had a bit more time to work on updating features of the site as of late, and we thought that one of our main priorities should be to update the fleetlists.

We've had some suggestions for the fleetlists in the past; arguably, these features could have been some of the most difficult to code.

So, without further ado, the updates are given below:
  • Updated fleet list homepage (Work in Progress)*
  • New, cleaner look for the fleet lists.
  • New 'titles' for the fleet lists added, additionally showing when the fleet lists were last updated.
  • Searchable 'Euro Classification' column added, giving details of the level of emissions produced by the engine of that vehicle.
  • Icons added to show whether a vehicle is equipped with Wi-Fi, Power Sockets and Next Stop Announcements
  • Minor changes to the styling of each fleet item record (Work In Progress)**
* This is far from complete at the moment but is continuously being worked on until Liam and I agree on a style - he has to get it past me before you guys see it! It's the third anniversary of tyresmoke's own website today; it feels somewhat appropriate to mention this, as his website laid the foundation for what we have on this website today. As most of you will know, Scott made the decision to close his website earlier this year and merge all of the content onto this website. The fleet news for each individual independent operator is discussed within the forums now, and the content for each individual fleet list is still in the process of being brought across. Between the administration/moderation team, we all have educational, social and work priorities which have to become before the hobby, meaning that we try to get things done in whatever limited free time we have, but this means progress is often slow. We are growing ever-closer to the fleet lists being complete though, so we've decided to include the independent fleet lists on the main 'Fleet List' homepage when we roll the update out. On a related note, updates to the Tyne & Wear Metro fleet list are few and far between. The views on this fleet list are incredibly dire, and the Metrocar refurbishment project is almost at completion, meaning that updates will be even less frequent. I'd like to gather your views on this first, but I don't think a fleet list can be justified, and something within the forums itself would perhaps be more suitable...

** We're obviously going to include the additions to the fleet lists (Euro status, Wi-Fi, etc) to the revised pages, but we also intend on making these pages a bit more mobile-friendly. We haven't decided on the styling yet, but it takes a lot of time and effort for Liam to get it past me first, so I'll update you when this has been completed.

I still need to go through and alter the fleet lists to update the Euro status and on-board features for every vehicle in the Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach fleets (hopefully with the assistance of NEB's trusty moderation team! Wink) but this should be finished before next week.

If you have any further suggestions or comments to make - now is the time to make them! It's unlikely Liam will continue working on updating things for a good few months after he's finished, so best to speak up now.
Dan
04 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm #1

Liam has had a bit more time to work on updating features of the site as of late, and we thought that one of our main priorities should be to update the fleetlists.

We've had some suggestions for the fleetlists in the past; arguably, these features could have been some of the most difficult to code.

• New 'titles' for the fleet lists added, additionally showing when the fleet lists were last updated.
  • Searchable 'Euro Classification' column added, giving details of the level of emissions produced by the engine of that vehicle.
  • Icons added to show whether a vehicle is equipped with Wi-Fi, Power Sockets and Next Stop Announcements
* This is far from complete at the moment but is continuously being worked on until Liam and I agree on a style - he has to get it past me before you guys see it! It's the third anniversary of tyresmoke's own website today; it feels somewhat appropriate to mention this, as his website laid the foundation for what we have on this website today. As most of you will know, Scott made the decision to close his website earlier this year and merge all of the content onto this website. The fleet news for each individual independent operator is discussed within the forums now, and the content for each individual fleet list is still in the process of being brought across. Between the administration/moderation team, we all have educational, social and work priorities which have to become before the hobby, meaning that we try to get things done in whatever limited free time we have, but this means progress is often slow. We are growing ever-closer to the fleet lists being complete though, so we've decided to include the independent fleet lists on the main 'Fleet List' homepage when we roll the update out. On a related note, updates to the Tyne & Wear Metro fleet list are few and far between. The views on this fleet list are incredibly dire, and the Metrocar refurbishment project is almost at completion, meaning that updates will be even less frequent. I'd like to gather your views on this first, but I don't think a fleet list can be justified, and something within the forums itself would perhaps be more suitable...

** We're obviously going to include the additions to the fleet lists (Euro status, Wi-Fi, etc) to the revised pages, but we also intend on making these pages a bit more mobile-friendly. We haven't decided on the styling yet, but it takes a lot of time and effort for Liam to get it past me first, so I'll update you when this has been completed.

I still need to go through and alter the fleet lists to update the Euro status and on-board features for every vehicle in the Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach fleets (hopefully with the assistance of NEB's trusty moderation team! Wink) but this should be finished before next week.

If you have any further suggestions or comments to make - now is the time to make them! It's unlikely Liam will continue working on updating things for a good few months after he's finished, so best to speak up now.

Michael

04 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm #2
(04 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Dan Liam has had a bit more time to work on updating features of the site as of late, and we thought that one of our main priorities should be to update the fleetlists.

Looks good, glad you're putting the euro engines in to, means at least people won't have to ask. 

The Tyne and Wear fleet list was pointless, nothing really changes, like you said. 

Glad we're finally getting an independent company list.  

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm #2

(04 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Dan Liam has had a bit more time to work on updating features of the site as of late, and we thought that one of our main priorities should be to update the fleetlists.

Looks good, glad you're putting the euro engines in to, means at least people won't have to ask. 

The Tyne and Wear fleet list was pointless, nothing really changes, like you said. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm #3
(04 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm)Michael Looks good, glad you're putting the euro engines in to, means at least people won't have to ask. 

We already have independent operator fleet lists (although some aren't fully complete): http://northeastbuses.co.uk/operators/list.php
Dan
04 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm #3

(04 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm)Michael Looks good, glad you're putting the euro engines in to, means at least people won't have to ask. 

We already have independent operator fleet lists (although some aren't fully complete): http://northeastbuses.co.uk/operators/list.php

Michael

04 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm #4
(04 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm)Dan We already have independent operator fleet lists (although some aren't fully complete): http://northeastbuses.co.uk/operators/list.php

Oh right, didn't even know it was there! 
Edited 04 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm #4

(04 Dec 2014, 5:23 pm)Dan We already have independent operator fleet lists (although some aren't fully complete): http://northeastbuses.co.uk/operators/list.php

Oh right, didn't even know it was there! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tommy1581

05 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #5
Why not put power sockets and leather seats on as well?
Tommy1581
05 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #5

Why not put power sockets and leather seats on as well?

Michael

05 Dec 2014, 11:09 am #6
(05 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)ArrivaNE_7522 Why not put power sockets and leather seats on as well?

It's not fully updated yet but the fleet lists show that some of GNE's now have, Power Sockets, WIFI and stop announcement.  

Arriva and Stagecoach's will updated soon. 

Euro engines will now be included on the fleet list! 
Edited 05 Dec 2014, 11:12 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Dec 2014, 11:09 am #6

(05 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)ArrivaNE_7522 Why not put power sockets and leather seats on as well?

It's not fully updated yet but the fleet lists show that some of GNE's now have, Power Sockets, WIFI and stop announcement.  

Arriva and Stagecoach's will updated soon. 

Euro engines will now be included on the fleet list! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Dec 2014, 11:54 am #7
Well we have included power sockets, but there's not really enough buses in the ANE/GNE/SNE fleets to justify including leather seats.
Dan
05 Dec 2014, 11:54 am #7

Well we have included power sockets, but there's not really enough buses in the ANE/GNE/SNE fleets to justify including leather seats.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Dec 2014, 9:54 pm #8
Quick note to say that the Euro status for each vehicle has now been updated as well as the 'new technology' features for each vehicle too.

Fleet list homepage still being worked on, as well as the page for each individual fleet record!
Dan
05 Dec 2014, 9:54 pm #8

Quick note to say that the Euro status for each vehicle has now been updated as well as the 'new technology' features for each vehicle too.

Fleet list homepage still being worked on, as well as the page for each individual fleet record!

Michael

07 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm #9
Just wondering, on the fleet lists, i thought some of the gas buses at Sunderland had euro 6 engines?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm #9

Just wondering, on the fleet lists, i thought some of the gas buses at Sunderland had euro 6 engines?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm #10
(07 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm)Michael Just wondering, on the fleet lists, i thought some of the gas buses at Sunderland had euro 6 engines?
You're right - I'd completely forgotten about 28018 - 40 being Euro 6.
Dan
07 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm #10

(07 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm)Michael Just wondering, on the fleet lists, i thought some of the gas buses at Sunderland had euro 6 engines?
You're right - I'd completely forgotten about 28018 - 40 being Euro 6.

Michael

07 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm #11
(07 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm)Dan You're right - I'd completely forgotten about 28018 - 40 being Euro 6.

How can you forget that! Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm #11

(07 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm)Dan You're right - I'd completely forgotten about 28018 - 40 being Euro 6.

How can you forget that! Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mb134

07 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm #12
Are the "New Technology" icons not available to see on mobile devices? Just I can see them on my laptop but not on my phone when I had a look earlier? 
mb134
07 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm #12

Are the "New Technology" icons not available to see on mobile devices? Just I can see them on my laptop but not on my phone when I had a look earlier? 

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Dec 2014, 9:18 pm #13
(07 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm)Michael How can you forget that! Tongue 

Corrected now.

(07 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm)mb134 Are the "New Technology" icons not available to see on mobile devices? Just I can see them on my laptop but not on my phone when I had a look earlier? 

They're not - some users view this forum with smaller screened smartphones, and to accommodate for everyone, only a limited number of columns are available to view on mobile devices.
Dan
07 Dec 2014, 9:18 pm #13

(07 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm)Michael How can you forget that! Tongue 

Corrected now.

(07 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm)mb134 Are the "New Technology" icons not available to see on mobile devices? Just I can see them on my laptop but not on my phone when I had a look earlier? 

They're not - some users view this forum with smaller screened smartphones, and to accommodate for everyone, only a limited number of columns are available to view on mobile devices.

Tommy1581

15 Dec 2014, 10:15 am #14
I'm having trouble accessing the independent lists...

" Not Found

The requested URL /fleet/independent.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
Tommy1581
15 Dec 2014, 10:15 am #14

I'm having trouble accessing the independent lists...

" Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Dec 2014, 10:46 am #15
(15 Dec 2014, 10:15 am)ArrivaNE_7522 I'm having trouble accessing the independent lists...

" Not Found

These aren't finished yet, just included for styling purposes at the moment.

www.northeastbuses.co.uk/operators for the working indep fleet lists iirc
Dan
15 Dec 2014, 10:46 am #15

(15 Dec 2014, 10:15 am)ArrivaNE_7522 I'm having trouble accessing the independent lists...

" Not Found

These aren't finished yet, just included for styling purposes at the moment.

www.northeastbuses.co.uk/operators for the working indep fleet lists iirc

S813 FVK

28 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm #16
How often are the independent fleet lists updated? Some need quit a lot of updating (Stanley Travel in particular)
S813 FVK
28 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm #16

How often are the independent fleet lists updated? Some need quit a lot of updating (Stanley Travel in particular)

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm #17
(28 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm)Robert How often are the independent fleet lists updated? Some need quit a lot of updating (Stanley Travel in particular)

When Scott has time to spare. Full time employment can often lead you short of time to do things for your hobby! :p 
Dan
28 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm #17

(28 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm)Robert How often are the independent fleet lists updated? Some need quit a lot of updating (Stanley Travel in particular)

When Scott has time to spare. Full time employment can often lead you short of time to do things for your hobby! :p 

S813 FVK

28 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm #18
(28 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm)Dan When Scott has time to spare. Full time employment can often lead you short of time to do things for your hobby! :p 

Ah so he is in charge of them. In that case, I'll let him off Tongue If only I had access to editing them....(dreams in sleep)
S813 FVK
28 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm #18

(28 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm)Dan When Scott has time to spare. Full time employment can often lead you short of time to do things for your hobby! :p 

Ah so he is in charge of them. In that case, I'll let him off Tongue If only I had access to editing them....(dreams in sleep)

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm #19
(28 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm)Robert Ah so he is in charge of them. In that case, I'll let him off Tongue If only I had access to editing them....(dreams in sleep)

PM me with everything that needs changing, and I will do it tomorrow.
Dan
28 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm #19

(28 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm)Robert Ah so he is in charge of them. In that case, I'll let him off Tongue If only I had access to editing them....(dreams in sleep)

PM me with everything that needs changing, and I will do it tomorrow.

S813 FVK

12 May 2015, 6:37 pm #20
4902 is still down on the fleet list as being based at Stanley.
S813 FVK
12 May 2015, 6:37 pm #20

4902 is still down on the fleet list as being based at Stanley.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average