Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Tapatalk (NEB Mobile App)

Tapatalk (NEB Mobile App)

Tapatalk (NEB Mobile App)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Malarkey

21 Oct 2014, 10:23 am #1
The Mobile App for NEB has been Updated This Morning, Not to sure what the Updates are but the Background Colour has went from Grey(I Think) to a nice shade of Orange, And the Profile Page has been updated to allow you edit your Personal Details, other than that it looks pretty much the same to me, No doubt there is quite a few more Updates to Tapatalk I just haven't noticed them yet.
Malarkey
21 Oct 2014, 10:23 am #1

The Mobile App for NEB has been Updated This Morning, Not to sure what the Updates are but the Background Colour has went from Grey(I Think) to a nice shade of Orange, And the Profile Page has been updated to allow you edit your Personal Details, other than that it looks pretty much the same to me, No doubt there is quite a few more Updates to Tapatalk I just haven't noticed them yet.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Oct 2014, 10:37 am #2
(21 Oct 2014, 10:23 am)NEBCD Malarkey The Mobile App for NEB has been Updated This Morning, Not to sure what the Updates are but the Background Colour has went from Grey(I Think) to a nice shade of Orange, And the Profile Page has been updated to allow you edit your Personal Details, other than that it looks pretty much the same to me, No doubt there is quite a few more Updates to Tapatalk I just haven't noticed them yet.
Not sure exactly when the update occurred but it was certainly prior to October 12th.
Still not fully functioning in the sense that there are issues with myBB forums meaning that it doesn't jump to the most recent posts.
Dan
21 Oct 2014, 10:37 am #2

(21 Oct 2014, 10:23 am)NEBCD Malarkey The Mobile App for NEB has been Updated This Morning, Not to sure what the Updates are but the Background Colour has went from Grey(I Think) to a nice shade of Orange, And the Profile Page has been updated to allow you edit your Personal Details, other than that it looks pretty much the same to me, No doubt there is quite a few more Updates to Tapatalk I just haven't noticed them yet.
Not sure exactly when the update occurred but it was certainly prior to October 12th.
Still not fully functioning in the sense that there are issues with myBB forums meaning that it doesn't jump to the most recent posts.

Malarkey

21 Oct 2014, 10:42 am #3
(21 Oct 2014, 10:37 am)Dan Not sure exactly when the update occurred but it was certainly prior to October 12th.

Interesting as mine has just updated itself This Morning, I often find on Tapatalk it's always either on the First Page of a Thread, Mid Way or a Few Pages out from the Latest Posts, it is quite annoying have to use to the skip Button to get the Page you want to be on.
Malarkey
21 Oct 2014, 10:42 am #3

(21 Oct 2014, 10:37 am)Dan Not sure exactly when the update occurred but it was certainly prior to October 12th.

Interesting as mine has just updated itself This Morning, I often find on Tapatalk it's always either on the First Page of a Thread, Mid Way or a Few Pages out from the Latest Posts, it is quite annoying have to use to the skip Button to get the Page you want to be on.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Oct 2014, 12:01 pm #4
(21 Oct 2014, 10:42 am)NEBCD Malarkey Interesting as mine has just updated itself This Morning, I often find on Tapatalk it's always either on the First Page of a Thread, Mid Way or a Few Pages out from the Latest Posts, it is quite annoying have to use to the skip Button to get the Page you want to be on.
It jumps back to posts made exactly one year ago today, but if the thread is not one year old, it jumps to the start of the thread.

I did ask Tapatalk about it, but they claimed it was a myBB issue...
Dan
21 Oct 2014, 12:01 pm #4

(21 Oct 2014, 10:42 am)NEBCD Malarkey Interesting as mine has just updated itself This Morning, I often find on Tapatalk it's always either on the First Page of a Thread, Mid Way or a Few Pages out from the Latest Posts, it is quite annoying have to use to the skip Button to get the Page you want to be on.
It jumps back to posts made exactly one year ago today, but if the thread is not one year old, it jumps to the start of the thread.

I did ask Tapatalk about it, but they claimed it was a myBB issue...

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm #5
Andreos1 did stumble across an update which was so early in progress, Liam hadn't even told me about it at the time!

Liam has designed a mobile-optimized version of the forum (which has changed since Andreos1 stumbled across it) by himself instead of using a plugin to do the work for us.
It's still in progress so it will be changing a bit over the next few days as/when he has the chance to do things, but for those of you who don't like Tapatalk due to the issues it has at the moment, feel free to use the mobile version of the forum (named 'NEBuses').
Dan
23 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm #5

Andreos1 did stumble across an update which was so early in progress, Liam hadn't even told me about it at the time!

Liam has designed a mobile-optimized version of the forum (which has changed since Andreos1 stumbled across it) by himself instead of using a plugin to do the work for us.
It's still in progress so it will be changing a bit over the next few days as/when he has the chance to do things, but for those of you who don't like Tapatalk due to the issues it has at the moment, feel free to use the mobile version of the forum (named 'NEBuses').

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Dec 2014, 8:47 am #6
Quick note to say that Tapatalk for Android has been updated. It has changed quite a bit but the issue where the post shown was one year ago has been fixed now.
Dan
16 Dec 2014, 8:47 am #6

Quick note to say that Tapatalk for Android has been updated. It has changed quite a bit but the issue where the post shown was one year ago has been fixed now.

Adrian

16 Dec 2014, 9:16 am #7
(16 Dec 2014, 8:47 am)Dan Quick note to say that Tapatalk for Android has been updated. It has changed quite a bit but the issue where the post shown was one year ago has been fixed now.
Fixed that issue, but the new interface is horrendous.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Dec 2014, 9:16 am #7

(16 Dec 2014, 8:47 am)Dan Quick note to say that Tapatalk for Android has been updated. It has changed quite a bit but the issue where the post shown was one year ago has been fixed now.
Fixed that issue, but the new interface is horrendous.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Dec 2014, 9:48 am #8
(16 Dec 2014, 9:16 am)aureolin Fixed that issue, but the new interface is horrendous.
I agree - took me quite a while to understand what was going on (especially given that the app updated itself over Wi-Fi without me knowing)...
Dan
16 Dec 2014, 9:48 am #8

(16 Dec 2014, 9:16 am)aureolin Fixed that issue, but the new interface is horrendous.
I agree - took me quite a while to understand what was going on (especially given that the app updated itself over Wi-Fi without me knowing)...

Malarkey

18 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm #9
(16 Dec 2014, 9:48 am)Dan I agree - took me quite a while to understand what was going on (especially given that the app updated itself over Wi-Fi without me knowing)...

Mine updated itself automatically This Morning and I have to say as regular user of the Tapatalk App when I am out and about, I absolutely hate the new interface, I couldnt even manage the simplest of searches i.e. going into the GNE Thread then onto the Latest Page, I instead had scroll through all the Threads I has subscribed to, to find what I wanted to look at which was rather annoying.
Malarkey
18 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm #9

(16 Dec 2014, 9:48 am)Dan I agree - took me quite a while to understand what was going on (especially given that the app updated itself over Wi-Fi without me knowing)...

Mine updated itself automatically This Morning and I have to say as regular user of the Tapatalk App when I am out and about, I absolutely hate the new interface, I couldnt even manage the simplest of searches i.e. going into the GNE Thread then onto the Latest Page, I instead had scroll through all the Threads I has subscribed to, to find what I wanted to look at which was rather annoying.

19 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm #10
Is anyone's Tapatalk acting up as well?

Adam made a post in the GNE Rare workings thread about 3819 being on the 67/69 an hour ago now, and it has literally just come up on my notifications.
R852 PRG
19 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm #10

Is anyone's Tapatalk acting up as well?

Adam made a post in the GNE Rare workings thread about 3819 being on the 67/69 an hour ago now, and it has literally just come up on my notifications.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm #11
(19 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm)MarcTheA4 Is anyone's Tapatalk acting up as well?

I had that problem with aureolin's post above - I got the notification about a minute or two before I replied, despite there being a gap of about 30 minutes.
Dan
19 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm #11

(19 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm)MarcTheA4 Is anyone's Tapatalk acting up as well?

I had that problem with aureolin's post above - I got the notification about a minute or two before I replied, despite there being a gap of about 30 minutes.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Dec 2014, 10:07 pm #12
The above issue could be related to the fact we were running Tapatalk Version 4.2.0 (which was released in October 2014) and there had been three new versions since. I have therefore outlined the changes (some of which may not affect normal users) below:

Version 4.3.0
  • Added function to activate forum accounts via SSO
  • New and improved Smart Banner design
  • Admin CP SSO Settings merged. (Combined "Native Registration and Social Sign On (Recommended)" and "Native Registration Only" sections to single "In-App Registration" section)
  • Added function to auto set forum api key
  • Optimized push code
  • Other minor bug fixes

Version 4.3.1
  • Fix a smart-banner display issue
  • Fixed an XSS issue on the welcome screen

Version 4.3.2
  • Optimized smartbanner code

This does not serve as a guarantee that the issues will be resolved, but here's hoping, eh? Even if it doesn't resolve our issues, at least we're up to date on the updates front again!
Dan
19 Dec 2014, 10:07 pm #12

The above issue could be related to the fact we were running Tapatalk Version 4.2.0 (which was released in October 2014) and there had been three new versions since. I have therefore outlined the changes (some of which may not affect normal users) below:

Version 4.3.0

• Added function to activate forum accounts via SSO
  • New and improved Smart Banner design
  • Admin CP SSO Settings merged. (Combined "Native Registration and Social Sign On (Recommended)" and "Native Registration Only" sections to single "In-App Registration" section)
  • Added function to auto set forum api key
  • Optimized push code
  • Other minor bug fixes

Version 4.3.1
  • Fix a smart-banner display issue
  • Fixed an XSS issue on the welcome screen

Version 4.3.2
  • Optimized smartbanner code

This does not serve as a guarantee that the issues will be resolved, but here's hoping, eh? Even if it doesn't resolve our issues, at least we're up to date on the updates front again!

Jimmi

15 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm #13
Why are posts often appearing twice on Tapatalk. Just went on the happy today thread and Andreos1's post came up three times and in the third one it was underlined then said it again. In one post earlier it said the same thing three times in one post. Anyone having this problem?

Also over the last two days it keeps going back to last read date as January 2014.

EDIT: Just gone back to the happy today thread and the post is now only coming up once.
Edited 15 Jan 2015, 8:11 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
15 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm #13

Why are posts often appearing twice on Tapatalk. Just went on the happy today thread and Andreos1's post came up three times and in the third one it was underlined then said it again. In one post earlier it said the same thing three times in one post. Anyone having this problem?

Also over the last two days it keeps going back to last read date as January 2014.

EDIT: Just gone back to the happy today thread and the post is now only coming up once.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm #14
(15 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)Jimmi Why are posts often appearing twice on Tapatalk. Just went on the happy today thread and Andreos1's post came up three times and in the third one it was underlined then said it again. In one post earlier it said the same thing three times in one post. Anyone having this problem?

I think this is to do with forum page loading times - it isn't to do with Tapatalk.

Our server doesn't like the merged main operator threads, and this was the reason why they were separated initially. I think it's possibly to do with people refreshing to get the post to go through sooner - but this is causing the post to be duplicated...

Regarding the January 2014 thing - I have no idea. It was briefly fixed by Tapatalk, but then it stopped working again...
Dan
15 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm #14

(15 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)Jimmi Why are posts often appearing twice on Tapatalk. Just went on the happy today thread and Andreos1's post came up three times and in the third one it was underlined then said it again. In one post earlier it said the same thing three times in one post. Anyone having this problem?

I think this is to do with forum page loading times - it isn't to do with Tapatalk.

Our server doesn't like the merged main operator threads, and this was the reason why they were separated initially. I think it's possibly to do with people refreshing to get the post to go through sooner - but this is causing the post to be duplicated...

Regarding the January 2014 thing - I have no idea. It was briefly fixed by Tapatalk, but then it stopped working again...

Andreos1

15 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm #15
@Jimmi

It has happened a few times tonight.
Thought it was the WiFi, but everything else is fine.

When posting a comment, the page times out. So, thinking it hasn't posted, a quick click of the back button and time to submit again... Repeating the process 2/3 times.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 Jan 2015, 8:30 pm #15

@Jimmi

It has happened a few times tonight.
Thought it was the WiFi, but everything else is fine.

When posting a comment, the page times out. So, thinking it hasn't posted, a quick click of the back button and time to submit again... Repeating the process 2/3 times.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm #16
Think it's happening to you the most, like, Andreos!
Dan
15 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm #16

Think it's happening to you the most, like, Andreos!

Tommy1581

16 Jan 2015, 11:35 am #17
When I post, when waiting I copy the post then close the tab - the post appears within 2 minutes.
Tommy1581
16 Jan 2015, 11:35 am #17

When I post, when waiting I copy the post then close the tab - the post appears within 2 minutes.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm #18
The Tapatalk smartphone application (on the Android platform) has been updated. Aside from a few minor interface tweaks, Tapatalk appear to have fixed the issue whereby the most recent post would not be displayed.
Dan
09 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm #18

The Tapatalk smartphone application (on the Android platform) has been updated. Aside from a few minor interface tweaks, Tapatalk appear to have fixed the issue whereby the most recent post would not be displayed.

Davie

Banned

29 Mar 2015, 12:42 am #19
Every time I try to sign on to my NEB account on Tapatalk I get this message:
I made sure I had the correct password and username
Edited 29 Mar 2015, 12:43 am by Davie.
Attached Files
.jpg
2015-03-27_23.54.53.jpg
Size: 38.24 KB / Downloads: 24
Davie
29 Mar 2015, 12:42 am #19

Every time I try to sign on to my NEB account on Tapatalk I get this message:

Attached Files
.jpg
2015-03-27_23.54.53.jpg
Size: 38.24 KB / Downloads: 24

S813 FVK

29 Mar 2015, 8:32 am #20
(29 Mar 2015, 12:42 am)Davie Every time I try to sign on to my NEB account on Tapatalk I get this message:

If you're trying to sign into tapatalk itself, you will need another account. Your account here is for the NEB forum only.
S813 FVK
29 Mar 2015, 8:32 am #20

(29 Mar 2015, 12:42 am)Davie Every time I try to sign on to my NEB account on Tapatalk I get this message:

If you're trying to sign into tapatalk itself, you will need another account. Your account here is for the NEB forum only.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average