You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

NESTI / North East Smart Ticketing

RE: NESTI / North East Smart Ticketing
Surely, by the time  a smart zone is set up for the whole NECA North East region, Personal Bank Contact-less Debit cards should be accepted, as is now happening in TfL London's network, which caps daily amount to best price tickets for journeys completed. I think this will be expected by the public in the very near future
RE: Nexus
People catching a bus in Sunderland can now use the Pop Pay As You Go smartcard for travel in the city.

Stagecoach buses have started to accept the new payment card, launched last year, which can already be used on the Tyne and Wear Metro and Shields Ferry.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/pop-pa...sunderland

If in the wrong place... will a moderator be able to move it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Jun 2016, 10:37 am)Michael wrote People catching a bus in Sunderland can now use the Pop Pay As You Go smartcard for travel in the city.

Stagecoach buses have started to accept the new payment card, launched last year, which can already be used on the Tyne and Wear Metro and Shields Ferry.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/pop-pa...sunderland

If in the wrong place... will a moderator be able to move it
There has been discussion on the POP PAYG card in the Nesti thread.

Details of services accepting the card: http://www.nexus.org.uk/pop/payg/buses
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Jun 2016, 11:00 am)Andreos1 wrote There has been discussion on the POP PAYG card in the Nesti thread.

Details of services accepting the card: http://www.nexus.org.uk/pop/payg/buses

I can see Stagecoach promoting their own offering 'Stagecoach Smart' over POP sadly. Quite a bit of fragmentation in the North East public transport smart card market at the moment
(17 Jun 2016, 11:57 pm)Simmy wrote I can see Stagecoach promoting their own offering 'Stagecoach Smart' over POP sadly. Quite a bit of fragmentation in the North East public transport smart card market at the moment

The commitment from operators has been 'by 2022' when discussing contactless payment. It's crazy that we're 8 years behind London with this, but at the same time arguing that a regulated market would not work...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 Jun 2016, 11:57 pm)Simmy wrote I can see Stagecoach promoting their own offering 'Stagecoach Smart' over POP sadly. Quite a bit of fragmentation in the North East public transport smart card market at the moment

Yes, there is a lot of fragmentation unfortunately. Each pot being filled by public funds, with organisations doing their own thing and looking at corporate interests, rather than a joined up approach from the beginning.

http://neconnected.co.uk/pop-along-pay-l...rham-city/
More on Durham P&R accepting POP Card
Hi just a quick question, my Network one pass runs out on the 22nd July, i'm not renewing it because i won't be a student no more so my question is...

Where do i get the Sunderland Smartzone card?, do i just ask the driver for one or does the company have to send you one out?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jul 2016, 6:32 pm)Michael wrote Hi just a quick question, my Network one pass runs out on the 22nd July, i'm not renewing it because i won't be a student no more so my question is...

Where do i get the Sunderland Smartzone card?, do i just ask the driver for one or does the company have to send you one out?

You need a Stagecoach or Go North East smartcard, and you can purchase it on to that. I think you'll have to purchase the initial one online, if it's anything like GNE's system.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm)Adrian wrote You need a Stagecoach or Go North East smartcard, and you can purchase it on to that. I think you'll have to purchase the initial one online, if it's anything like GNE's system.

Alright, i'll have a look about, cheers =)

I think you need to buy the ticket off the company u got the card off, so if i bought it from Stagecoach, it would have to be a Stagecoach bus for the first time and then any company, like you said. 

Thanks =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Hats off to Nexus (and the Royal Mail).

Posted eldest Constantopolous's POP/CAT Card renewal off on Tuesday with a 2nd class stamp.
Got home tonight and the replacement was in my SAE (2nd class too), waiting to be opened.

Is that some sort of record? I was anticipating him being without one between the 31st July deadline and the new one arriving.
Just out of curiosity, how long does a software update take? One of the managers told me last week that there is a software issue with the ticket machines on the Q3 which prevents them from accepting and issuing North Tyne Savers .

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
(16 Nov 2016, 11:09 am)MVK 500R wrote Just out of curiosity, how long does a software update take? One of the managers told me last week that there is a software issue with the ticket machines on the Q3 which prevents them from accepting and issuing North Tyne Savers .

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

When POP PAYG was being trialled, the Q services were supposed to accept the cards. There were issues with the machines then, with the cards not being recognised as a payment method, despite being able to issue balance receipts. I guess that issue is fixed now that POP PAYG is accepted on all services, but Ihave no idea how long it took.