Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (46) Previous 143 44 45 46 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm #861
(31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm)CatsFast101 Under the same token I was given the information a few weeks back but shared it last week, plans may have changed since then, it's been rumoured that the remaining fab 56 Solars may be branded for X30/X31 or even the 29, hence why I shared some information. Plans may have changed I for one want newer vehicles for the X7 sooner rather than later.

Rob has told us that service 29 will be corporate liveried. I'll go with that being right.

If you have a spare 10-15 minutes on your hands, can I suggest that you read through the posts in the main GNE thread from this month (starts here). Each and every single post; take note if they are by each of our main GNE representatives, and a few by myself if they appear to be informative.

Liam and I took the decision to split our main GNE thread by month last week, and we were reading through some of the posts as we split them and gave each other links to the interesting ones... It's amazing how much information is provided, yet is ignored completely. Reading through all of the posts at once, rather than piecing things together bit by bit as/when information is given, can help a lot too.

(31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm)CatsFast101 I just sometimes feel that you're quick to shut down anyone else information in favour of you're own when no one really knows information is of more regard (apart from GNE management on this forum).

My Uncle John could be a director of the company, for all you know. The contacts people have within the company for information is irrelevant, though. The information I hint at is very rarely wrong, and if it is, it has been a change of plan - Rob and I seem to be on the same page quite a lot, and if he is a member of management (which I believe he is), I'll go with it being right at the time of posting.

I never aim to patronise any individual when supplying information and/or disagreeing with an individual, and if it comes across that way, I do apologise... What is infuriating from my perspective is that the information from Rob and busmanT is so often ignored, and that information is the key to working out what is going to happen in the future. Although I may have received hints from elsewhere in regards to a plan, I can still work out things which are going to happen (in accordance with the current plans) by their posts, and a lot of others seemingly can't manage that, and ignore it. Far too many people fight against the information which comes from members of management, and although they want to know what's going to happen before it's happened, they would prefer to listen to others who aren't always necessarily going to be right or they would prefer to come up with a plan of their own which they deem to be more suitable.

The X30/X31 upgrade to black Solars was what I thought would happen - not what I had been told by anyone else - and let's see the outcome of that... I'm probably wrong. That was probably never destined to happen in the first place (hint, hint). I'd certainly say, if you read into it properly, Rob's post yesterday disagreed with me. Words are very powerful things; if you think about it, even the shortest of words can change the meaning of something completely. I feel it's always best to analyse words, but this comes from someone who loves (most parts of) English.

To conclude, here's said post from Rob which was seemingly ignored again yesterday. If all of his (and others') previous posts were not good enough - take a gander at this one:

(30 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)Rob I wouldn't be too sure about the X7 information. Following the arrival of the Fab Fifty Six B9TLs, all of Deptford's Solar will be reassigned to other roles, following service changes. All SPD vehicles are expected to be withdrawn from the fleet at this stage. The X7 is certainly a one to watch, an upgrade is certainly needed.
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm #861

(31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm)CatsFast101 Under the same token I was given the information a few weeks back but shared it last week, plans may have changed since then, it's been rumoured that the remaining fab 56 Solars may be branded for X30/X31 or even the 29, hence why I shared some information. Plans may have changed I for one want newer vehicles for the X7 sooner rather than later.

Rob has told us that service 29 will be corporate liveried. I'll go with that being right.

If you have a spare 10-15 minutes on your hands, can I suggest that you read through the posts in the main GNE thread from this month (starts here). Each and every single post; take note if they are by each of our main GNE representatives, and a few by myself if they appear to be informative.

Liam and I took the decision to split our main GNE thread by month last week, and we were reading through some of the posts as we split them and gave each other links to the interesting ones... It's amazing how much information is provided, yet is ignored completely. Reading through all of the posts at once, rather than piecing things together bit by bit as/when information is given, can help a lot too.

(31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm)CatsFast101 I just sometimes feel that you're quick to shut down anyone else information in favour of you're own when no one really knows information is of more regard (apart from GNE management on this forum).

My Uncle John could be a director of the company, for all you know. The contacts people have within the company for information is irrelevant, though. The information I hint at is very rarely wrong, and if it is, it has been a change of plan - Rob and I seem to be on the same page quite a lot, and if he is a member of management (which I believe he is), I'll go with it being right at the time of posting.

I never aim to patronise any individual when supplying information and/or disagreeing with an individual, and if it comes across that way, I do apologise... What is infuriating from my perspective is that the information from Rob and busmanT is so often ignored, and that information is the key to working out what is going to happen in the future. Although I may have received hints from elsewhere in regards to a plan, I can still work out things which are going to happen (in accordance with the current plans) by their posts, and a lot of others seemingly can't manage that, and ignore it. Far too many people fight against the information which comes from members of management, and although they want to know what's going to happen before it's happened, they would prefer to listen to others who aren't always necessarily going to be right or they would prefer to come up with a plan of their own which they deem to be more suitable.

The X30/X31 upgrade to black Solars was what I thought would happen - not what I had been told by anyone else - and let's see the outcome of that... I'm probably wrong. That was probably never destined to happen in the first place (hint, hint). I'd certainly say, if you read into it properly, Rob's post yesterday disagreed with me. Words are very powerful things; if you think about it, even the shortest of words can change the meaning of something completely. I feel it's always best to analyse words, but this comes from someone who loves (most parts of) English.

To conclude, here's said post from Rob which was seemingly ignored again yesterday. If all of his (and others') previous posts were not good enough - take a gander at this one:

(30 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)Rob I wouldn't be too sure about the X7 information. Following the arrival of the Fab Fifty Six B9TLs, all of Deptford's Solar will be reassigned to other roles, following service changes. All SPD vehicles are expected to be withdrawn from the fleet at this stage. The X7 is certainly a one to watch, an upgrade is certainly needed.

Michael

31 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm #862
A reply on Facebook about the Sunderland Changes...

Michael - we made a conscious decision not to add this to the website. Bus briefings will be on buses soon and the website will be updated at the end of this week.

Wooo =D
Edited 31 Dec 2013, 12:52 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm #862

A reply on Facebook about the Sunderland Changes...

Michael - we made a conscious decision not to add this to the website. Bus briefings will be on buses soon and the website will be updated at the end of this week.

Wooo =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

31 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm #863
I posted this on the latest thread to:

From GNE on Facebook so by end of this week we should changes =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm #863

I posted this on the latest thread to:

From GNE on Facebook so by end of this week we should changes =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

31 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm #864
(31 Dec 2013, 11:48 am)Dan Do demonstrator vehicles being tested on specific services always guarantee an upgrade on those services?
Isn't it just to get an idea of how well they'd cope on different sorts of services, in comparison to the vehicles already offered on that service?

An Enviro 400 demonstrator was trialled on service X1 a good few months ago. This service had just received investment not long before that. The X1 is a very good service for demonstration vehicles because there are different things required of the vehicles which are allocated to that service - dual carriageways, tight bends, uphill, downhill...

Was the E400 trialled? News spread that it was only loaned to help out while one of the B9s were sent back to Wrights because it had a problem. As i said, that was just news i heard.
northtynelinks2
31 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm #864

(31 Dec 2013, 11:48 am)Dan Do demonstrator vehicles being tested on specific services always guarantee an upgrade on those services?
Isn't it just to get an idea of how well they'd cope on different sorts of services, in comparison to the vehicles already offered on that service?

An Enviro 400 demonstrator was trialled on service X1 a good few months ago. This service had just received investment not long before that. The X1 is a very good service for demonstration vehicles because there are different things required of the vehicles which are allocated to that service - dual carriageways, tight bends, uphill, downhill...

Was the E400 trialled? News spread that it was only loaned to help out while one of the B9s were sent back to Wrights because it had a problem. As i said, that was just news i heard.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm #865
(31 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm)northtynelinks2 Was the E400 trialled? News spread that it was only loaned to help out while one of the B9s were sent back to Wrights because it had a problem. As i said, that was just news i heard.

I'm not sure (I personally had never heard that rumour), but surely Wrights would have replaced the vehicle temporarily, if this was the case - rather than another manufacturer?
That would only ever be done at a last resort too. A vehicle could have been quite easily drafted over to Washington depot from another.
They had an Enviro 200 demo, so why not an Enviro 400 demo?

That's besides the point anyway, as we were discussing why demonstration vehicles are trialled and I gave other examples to back that up too.
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm #865

(31 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm)northtynelinks2 Was the E400 trialled? News spread that it was only loaned to help out while one of the B9s were sent back to Wrights because it had a problem. As i said, that was just news i heard.

I'm not sure (I personally had never heard that rumour), but surely Wrights would have replaced the vehicle temporarily, if this was the case - rather than another manufacturer?
That would only ever be done at a last resort too. A vehicle could have been quite easily drafted over to Washington depot from another.
They had an Enviro 200 demo, so why not an Enviro 400 demo?

That's besides the point anyway, as we were discussing why demonstration vehicles are trialled and I gave other examples to back that up too.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

31 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm #866
(31 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm)Michael A reply on Facebook about the Sunderland Changes...

Wooo =D

I think they possibly haven't put changes up to not confuse people with Christmas services but changes should of been put back a week if clashing with Christmas was an issue.
CatsFast101
31 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm #866

(31 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm)Michael A reply on Facebook about the Sunderland Changes...

Wooo =D

I think they possibly haven't put changes up to not confuse people with Christmas services but changes should of been put back a week if clashing with Christmas was an issue.

Michael

31 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm #867
(31 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm)CatsFast101 I think they possibly haven't put changes up to not confuse people with Christmas services but changes should of been put back a week if clashing with Christmas was an issue.

ye, glad they will be on the website this week =D

Might find out which services are getting what etc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm #867

(31 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm)CatsFast101 I think they possibly haven't put changes up to not confuse people with Christmas services but changes should of been put back a week if clashing with Christmas was an issue.

ye, glad they will be on the website this week =D

Might find out which services are getting what etc

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm #868
I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.
gtom
31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm #868

I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.

31 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm #869

As far as I recall, the E400 was a loan to cover for a gemini or two that had to go back and have work done on them.
palatine3833
31 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm #869

As far as I recall, the E400 was a loan to cover for a gemini or two that had to go back and have work done on them.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm #870
(31 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm)palatine3833 As far as I recall, the E400 was a loan to cover for a gemini or two that had to go back and have work done on them.

Yawn... I must love repeating myself... Rolleyes
Here's another example instead. My point still stands, because of that example - as I've just said in Post 1877, in response to northtynelinks2.

Point being - a demonstration vehicle does not guarantee a service will receive that vehicle or even investment at all. You ideally trial demonstration vehicles on your most challenging services whilst bearing in mind the service in which that vehicle could serve if it was ever to be purchased by the company. You ideally do that over a longer period of time too (let me remind everyone of just how long the Versa and Streetlite were here for), rather than Arriva's week-long trial of the Versa a few weeks ago... It would have been on familiarisation for longer than it was actually used in service!

For the record, may I step in with my admin hat on and suggest we don't discuss the matter of a fault having developed on the Gemini vehicles resulting in the Enviro 400 vehicle loan? We've had one or two complaints in the past when discussing problems with manufacturers, and I'd like to avoid having that conversation with our GNE reps again! Wink
As far as we enthusiasts should have been concerned, the vehicle was a demonstration vehicle (as per quote from GNE's official "Archive" document below). I remember members of this forum asked employees on the "Open Line" facility, and that's what they were told then - nothing about a fault being developed on buses and them needing to be sent back, so I suggest it stays that way.

"There have been no changes to the vehicle allocation during the week, however, an ADL Enviro 400 demonstrator, registration mark SN61 DFK, is on loan at Washington depot and is being used on service X1. It has been allocated fleet number 9136."
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm #870

(31 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm)palatine3833 As far as I recall, the E400 was a loan to cover for a gemini or two that had to go back and have work done on them.

Yawn... I must love repeating myself... Rolleyes
Here's another example instead. My point still stands, because of that example - as I've just said in Post 1877, in response to northtynelinks2.

Point being - a demonstration vehicle does not guarantee a service will receive that vehicle or even investment at all. You ideally trial demonstration vehicles on your most challenging services whilst bearing in mind the service in which that vehicle could serve if it was ever to be purchased by the company. You ideally do that over a longer period of time too (let me remind everyone of just how long the Versa and Streetlite were here for), rather than Arriva's week-long trial of the Versa a few weeks ago... It would have been on familiarisation for longer than it was actually used in service!

For the record, may I step in with my admin hat on and suggest we don't discuss the matter of a fault having developed on the Gemini vehicles resulting in the Enviro 400 vehicle loan? We've had one or two complaints in the past when discussing problems with manufacturers, and I'd like to avoid having that conversation with our GNE reps again! Wink
As far as we enthusiasts should have been concerned, the vehicle was a demonstration vehicle (as per quote from GNE's official "Archive" document below). I remember members of this forum asked employees on the "Open Line" facility, and that's what they were told then - nothing about a fault being developed on buses and them needing to be sent back, so I suggest it stays that way.

"There have been no changes to the vehicle allocation during the week, however, an ADL Enviro 400 demonstrator, registration mark SN61 DFK, is on loan at Washington depot and is being used on service X1. It has been allocated fleet number 9136."

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 3:03 pm #871
(31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm)gtomlinson I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.

Good for him.
GNE were pretty vague with their responses

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 3:03 pm #871

(31 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm)gtomlinson I see our own Greg having a bash at GNE over the service changes.

Good for him.
GNE were pretty vague with their responses

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 3:10 pm #872
(31 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm)Dan Yawn... I must love repeating myself... Rolleyes

Just a quick one, but pretty sure GNE stated at the time, there were alleged faults with the upstairs windows on the Gemini's.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 3:10 pm #872

(31 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm)Dan Yawn... I must love repeating myself... Rolleyes

Just a quick one, but pretty sure GNE stated at the time, there were alleged faults with the upstairs windows on the Gemini's.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 3:11 pm #873
(31 Dec 2013, 3:10 pm)andreos1 Just a quick one, but pretty sure GNE stated at the time, there were alleged faults with the upstairs windows on the Gemini's.

To whom, and can you remember where?
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 3:11 pm #873

(31 Dec 2013, 3:10 pm)andreos1 Just a quick one, but pretty sure GNE stated at the time, there were alleged faults with the upstairs windows on the Gemini's.

To whom, and can you remember where?

gtom

Banned

31 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm #874
Since its late in the year and booze has clouded my memory and ability to google, what type of vehicle did GNE have on loan from EYMS for the 21/22 trial?
gtom
31 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm #874

Since its late in the year and booze has clouded my memory and ability to google, what type of vehicle did GNE have on loan from EYMS for the 21/22 trial?

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 3:20 pm #875
(31 Dec 2013, 3:11 pm)Dan To whom, and can you remember where?

Put it this way, it will have been said in the public domain, because I was working away at the time - well away from any enthusiast forum (which I wasn't part of prior to joining here anyway) and well away from any rumour network...

If I remember correctly, there were issues with water ingress from the first two opening windows on the upper deck.

However, Volvo did issue a recall for approx 1600 b9tl in 2011 due to water ingress into the alternator.
Press release is available to view online.

I shall say no more and my lips are sealed Smile
Edited 31 Dec 2013, 4:59 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 3:20 pm #875

(31 Dec 2013, 3:11 pm)Dan To whom, and can you remember where?

Put it this way, it will have been said in the public domain, because I was working away at the time - well away from any enthusiast forum (which I wasn't part of prior to joining here anyway) and well away from any rumour network...

If I remember correctly, there were issues with water ingress from the first two opening windows on the upper deck.

However, Volvo did issue a recall for approx 1600 b9tl in 2011 due to water ingress into the alternator.
Press release is available to view online.

I shall say no more and my lips are sealed Smile

citaro5284

31 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm #876

I cannot see his post, have you a link?
citaro5284
31 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm #876

I cannot see his post, have you a link?

Andreos1

31 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm #877
(31 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm)citaro5284 I cannot see his post, have you a link?

It is on one of the GNE posts from earlier today.

Andreos1
31 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm #877

It is on one of the GNE posts from earlier today.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 3:35 pm #878

http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...d=45940713&offset=0&total_comments=4

The comments are showing weirdly, but see above link
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 3:35 pm #878

http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...d=45940713&offset=0&total_comments=4

31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm #879
How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

(31 Dec 2013, 3:35 pm)Dan http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...d=45940713&offset=0&total_comments=4

Crusader
31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm #879

How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

(31 Dec 2013, 3:35 pm)Dan http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...d=45940713&offset=0&total_comments=4

CatsFast101

Unregistered

31 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm #880
(31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm)Crusader How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

Going by consultation and VOSA registrations, it would appear changes are mostly going ahead, which I believe means Marley Pots loses all GNE services & Castletown/Town End Farm is reduced from 4 to 3 buses each hour from/to City Centre. However I do agree we need to see what the changes are fully to comment on them.
CatsFast101
31 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm #880

(31 Dec 2013, 3:42 pm)Crusader How can it be said that services are being reduced and changes being made for the worse when the details aren't yet available? Surely it would be sensible to wait until the end of the week to see the details of the changes before commenting if they are better or worse?

Going by consultation and VOSA registrations, it would appear changes are mostly going ahead, which I believe means Marley Pots loses all GNE services & Castletown/Town End Farm is reduced from 4 to 3 buses each hour from/to City Centre. However I do agree we need to see what the changes are fully to comment on them.

Pages (46) Previous 143 44 45 46 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average