Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (46) Previous 142 43 4446 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm #841
(30 Dec 2013, 11:07 am)Michael Was just wondering, since changes haven't being posted i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these.

It does seem logic that the 29 could replace the 38 and 238 could replace the 38A - or other way around.

I think both will need bigger buses,

238 - it could get a frequency increase, how ever it does seem likely, Not sure if it will go every 30 mins or 20 mins.

265 - How are the MPD's coping on their?, i haven't seen it since it last changed.

That's my guesses anyway - Changes need to posted soon because tbh it's got some big change in the area's, to me posting the changes on the 6th January is to late... They should post them today....

If this was the Angel and it had changes for the 26.1.14 - changes would of being posted last week...

Edit:

Iv'e ask them on their FB when changes will be out... i said, is it gonna be a few before changes happen or the week before the whole network changes?

I find the MPDs have a mixed performance on the 265, but I hate them, and the sooner there out of here, the better, I dont use them as often as I used to, but I find some of them are bad at climbing i.e up Claypath, Gilesgate and Moorsley, feels like they barely pick up speed at all and literally crawl up a hill, although some are not too bad, another thing I found on some MPDs is the suspension is shite, they rattle like a bag of spanners at times.

Personally I would like to see the 265 go back to it's 154/65 route and come round Cornwall Estate and miss out High Grange at Belmont. As for Vehicle type, interworking with the 202 a Cadet would probably work on it, but I would prefer to see a Scania on it, but I would say that, Scanias are my favourite vehicles Big Grin
MrFozz
30 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm #841

(30 Dec 2013, 11:07 am)Michael Was just wondering, since changes haven't being posted i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these.

It does seem logic that the 29 could replace the 38 and 238 could replace the 38A - or other way around.

I think both will need bigger buses,

238 - it could get a frequency increase, how ever it does seem likely, Not sure if it will go every 30 mins or 20 mins.

265 - How are the MPD's coping on their?, i haven't seen it since it last changed.

That's my guesses anyway - Changes need to posted soon because tbh it's got some big change in the area's, to me posting the changes on the 6th January is to late... They should post them today....

If this was the Angel and it had changes for the 26.1.14 - changes would of being posted last week...

Edit:

Iv'e ask them on their FB when changes will be out... i said, is it gonna be a few before changes happen or the week before the whole network changes?

I find the MPDs have a mixed performance on the 265, but I hate them, and the sooner there out of here, the better, I dont use them as often as I used to, but I find some of them are bad at climbing i.e up Claypath, Gilesgate and Moorsley, feels like they barely pick up speed at all and literally crawl up a hill, although some are not too bad, another thing I found on some MPDs is the suspension is shite, they rattle like a bag of spanners at times.

Personally I would like to see the 265 go back to it's 154/65 route and come round Cornwall Estate and miss out High Grange at Belmont. As for Vehicle type, interworking with the 202 a Cadet would probably work on it, but I would prefer to see a Scania on it, but I would say that, Scanias are my favourite vehicles Big Grin

gtom

Banned

30 Dec 2013, 1:50 pm #842
My deepest Sympathies to drivers trying to run on time anywhere near the Metrocentre or Team Valley

Western Bypass is currently a car park
gtom
30 Dec 2013, 1:50 pm #842

My deepest Sympathies to drivers trying to run on time anywhere near the Metrocentre or Team Valley

Western Bypass is currently a car park

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm #843
Has anyone heard of an incident with a Drifter Streetlite recently, one of the lads I know mentioned it, but didn't get the full story as we were both in a hurry in seperate ways...

Also what is wrong with the LCD Display on 8306, saw it at the Toll Bar earlier flashing like a pervert in a trenchcoat...Seems to have had that problem for ages

Also another problem today, 8307 had problems opening the doors inside the drivers cab, I had to press the outside button to get on and had to use the button over the door to get off with the driver having to get out the cab at most stops...8307 was apparantly was replaced as the the bus it replaced had the same problem
Edited 30 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
30 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm #843

Has anyone heard of an incident with a Drifter Streetlite recently, one of the lads I know mentioned it, but didn't get the full story as we were both in a hurry in seperate ways...

Also what is wrong with the LCD Display on 8306, saw it at the Toll Bar earlier flashing like a pervert in a trenchcoat...Seems to have had that problem for ages

Also another problem today, 8307 had problems opening the doors inside the drivers cab, I had to press the outside button to get on and had to use the button over the door to get off with the driver having to get out the cab at most stops...8307 was apparantly was replaced as the the bus it replaced had the same problem

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm #844
(30 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm)fozzovmurton Also what is wrong with the LCD Display on 8306, saw it at the Toll Bar earlier flashing like a pervert in a trenchcoat...Seems to have had that problem for ages

It's a problem which only occurs when the bus is in motion, and therefore has been difficult for Deptford to detect.
Dan
30 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm #844

(30 Dec 2013, 2:05 pm)fozzovmurton Also what is wrong with the LCD Display on 8306, saw it at the Toll Bar earlier flashing like a pervert in a trenchcoat...Seems to have had that problem for ages

It's a problem which only occurs when the bus is in motion, and therefore has been difficult for Deptford to detect.

Andreos1

30 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm #845
x1' s are currently running (or were 10mins ago in Houghton) in three's southbound.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm #845

x1' s are currently running (or were 10mins ago in Houghton) in three's southbound.

Rob

30 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm #846
(30 Dec 2013, 10:24 am)CatsFast101 I've heard although don't take anything for gospel, that the X7 will be getting Solars later this year but not in January as we all hoped. Also, I was speaking to a employe of Deptford and they reckon management say the MPD's at Peterlee have 4 years service in them yet! Can't see some of those buses lasting that long!

I wouldn't be too sure about the X7 information. Following the arrival of the Fab Fifty Six B9TLs, all of Deptford's Solar will be reassigned to other roles, following service changes. All SPD vehicles are expected to be withdrawn from the fleet at this stage. The X7 is certainly a one to watch, an upgrade is certainly needed.
Rob
30 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm #846

(30 Dec 2013, 10:24 am)CatsFast101 I've heard although don't take anything for gospel, that the X7 will be getting Solars later this year but not in January as we all hoped. Also, I was speaking to a employe of Deptford and they reckon management say the MPD's at Peterlee have 4 years service in them yet! Can't see some of those buses lasting that long!

I wouldn't be too sure about the X7 information. Following the arrival of the Fab Fifty Six B9TLs, all of Deptford's Solar will be reassigned to other roles, following service changes. All SPD vehicles are expected to be withdrawn from the fleet at this stage. The X7 is certainly a one to watch, an upgrade is certainly needed.

Andreos1

30 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm #847
Canny one I forgot about on the 37 the other day (a GNE operated 37).

Not sure the driver was too sure about my Day Rover ticket.
The look of puzzlement, the few moments thinking with the tongue in the corner of his mouth and then the realisation that a Nexus ticket can be used on a Nexus service...

No idea whether he registered it into the machine or not, but we eventually went on our merry way.

Andreos1
30 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm #847

Canny one I forgot about on the 37 the other day (a GNE operated 37).

Not sure the driver was too sure about my Day Rover ticket.
The look of puzzlement, the few moments thinking with the tongue in the corner of his mouth and then the realisation that a Nexus ticket can be used on a Nexus service...

No idea whether he registered it into the machine or not, but we eventually went on our merry way.

30 Dec 2013, 10:50 pm #848
Following the V8 to Stanley this evening (about 19:30 ish) and the rear led display flashed about every 30 seconds. Is it meant to?
pww1965
30 Dec 2013, 10:50 pm #848

Following the V8 to Stanley this evening (about 19:30 ish) and the rear led display flashed about every 30 seconds. Is it meant to?

30 Dec 2013, 11:08 pm #849
Abit off topic, just wondering, what were the original reasons the Citaros were taken off the Citylink service, Was it because they thought the bendis would suit the route better, with a bigger capicity, despite the fact the route has downgraded on size.

Now being Versas, do these vehicles have a larger capicity than the Citaros that were originally on the route (are these the ones on the diamond now?)

Personally i prefered that livery, over the orange on the versas.
WestDurhamSwift
30 Dec 2013, 11:08 pm #849

Abit off topic, just wondering, what were the original reasons the Citaros were taken off the Citylink service, Was it because they thought the bendis would suit the route better, with a bigger capicity, despite the fact the route has downgraded on size.

Now being Versas, do these vehicles have a larger capicity than the Citaros that were originally on the route (are these the ones on the diamond now?)

30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm #850
(30 Dec 2013, 11:08 pm)Ely1992 Abit off topic, just wondering, what were the original reasons the Citaros were taken off the Citylink service, Was it because they thought the bendis would suit the route better, with a bigger capicity, despite the fact the route has downgraded on size.

Yes, those Citaros are indeed the ones on the Diamond.
Personally, im not too sure but I think it had something to do with the capacity at peak times, they trialled a bendy and decided that it was the best option so they got some. I think those artics were worn down though off the London life, hence why they were so unreliable, if they had been purchased new, it would still use them now.
However, also going back a bit, why did they trial a Versa on the Diamond if Go North East say that the route wont get new veichles for a while yet.
northtynelinks2
30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm #850

(30 Dec 2013, 11:08 pm)Ely1992 Abit off topic, just wondering, what were the original reasons the Citaros were taken off the Citylink service, Was it because they thought the bendis would suit the route better, with a bigger capicity, despite the fact the route has downgraded on size.

Yes, those Citaros are indeed the ones on the Diamond.
Personally, im not too sure but I think it had something to do with the capacity at peak times, they trialled a bendy and decided that it was the best option so they got some. I think those artics were worn down though off the London life, hence why they were so unreliable, if they had been purchased new, it would still use them now.
However, also going back a bit, why did they trial a Versa on the Diamond if Go North East say that the route wont get new veichles for a while yet.

Kuyoyo

30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm #851

The Versas do have a larger seating capacity (43) over the Citaros (40). But a far smaller standing (16 against 28).
Kuyoyo
30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm #851

The Versas do have a larger seating capacity (43) over the Citaros (40). But a far smaller standing (16 against 28).

JP6004

31 Dec 2013, 12:39 am #852
(30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm)northtynelinks2 Yes, those Citaros are indeed the ones on the Diamond.

The demonstrator was in service on the diamond and 58
JP6004
31 Dec 2013, 12:39 am #852

(30 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm)northtynelinks2 Yes, those Citaros are indeed the ones on the Diamond.

The demonstrator was in service on the diamond and 58

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 11:40 am #853
(31 Dec 2013, 11:36 am)CatsFast101 No ones 'pulled my leg' so to speak at all, I've heard this from a depot manager. And with regards to the fab 57, unlikely to receive citaros yes. But ToonLink with better vehicles than cityLink?

Hmm, about the X7? Rolleyes
We've discussed in the past how you can't always trust what you hear from employees based at depots, as they aren't necessarily told things first. Members of management, such as Rob, may know a little better...

How do you know that the "Toon Link" network (or at least some of the services held within that network) aren't more profitable than "Citylink" service 58?
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 11:40 am #853

(31 Dec 2013, 11:36 am)CatsFast101 No ones 'pulled my leg' so to speak at all, I've heard this from a depot manager. And with regards to the fab 57, unlikely to receive citaros yes. But ToonLink with better vehicles than cityLink?

Hmm, about the X7? Rolleyes
We've discussed in the past how you can't always trust what you hear from employees based at depots, as they aren't necessarily told things first. Members of management, such as Rob, may know a little better...

How do you know that the "Toon Link" network (or at least some of the services held within that network) aren't more profitable than "Citylink" service 58?

31 Dec 2013, 11:44 am #854
(31 Dec 2013, 12:39 am)JP6004 The demonstrator was in service on the diamond and 58

I know but there still wasn't any point in trialling it on Diamond since it isn't actually going to get an upgrade for a few years get (as Go North East say).
northtynelinks2
31 Dec 2013, 11:44 am #854

(31 Dec 2013, 12:39 am)JP6004 The demonstrator was in service on the diamond and 58

I know but there still wasn't any point in trialling it on Diamond since it isn't actually going to get an upgrade for a few years get (as Go North East say).

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 11:48 am #855
(31 Dec 2013, 11:44 am)northtynelinks2 I know but there still wasn't any point in trialling it on Diamond since it isn't actually going to get an upgrade for a few years get (as Go North East say).

Do demonstrator vehicles being tested on specific services always guarantee an upgrade on those services?
Isn't it just to get an idea of how well they'd cope on different sorts of services, in comparison to the vehicles already offered on that service?

An Enviro 400 demonstrator was trialled on service X1 a good few months ago. This service had just received investment not long before that. The X1 is a very good service for demonstration vehicles because there are different things required of the vehicles which are allocated to that service - dual carriageways, tight bends, uphill, downhill...
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 11:48 am #855

(31 Dec 2013, 11:44 am)northtynelinks2 I know but there still wasn't any point in trialling it on Diamond since it isn't actually going to get an upgrade for a few years get (as Go North East say).

Do demonstrator vehicles being tested on specific services always guarantee an upgrade on those services?
Isn't it just to get an idea of how well they'd cope on different sorts of services, in comparison to the vehicles already offered on that service?

An Enviro 400 demonstrator was trialled on service X1 a good few months ago. This service had just received investment not long before that. The X1 is a very good service for demonstration vehicles because there are different things required of the vehicles which are allocated to that service - dual carriageways, tight bends, uphill, downhill...

BJ10VUS

31 Dec 2013, 11:49 am #856

Yes, there is a point. The 'Diamond' services are one of GNEs more challenging routes and it is a chance for them to test the vehicles to see how they perform.
BJ10VUS
31 Dec 2013, 11:49 am #856

Yes, there is a point. The 'Diamond' services are one of GNEs more challenging routes and it is a chance for them to test the vehicles to see how they perform.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 11:52 am #857
(31 Dec 2013, 11:49 am)BJ10VUS Yes, there is a point. The 'Diamond' services are one of GNEs more challenging routes and it is a chance for them to test the vehicles to see how they perform.

As another example...

"Citylink" service 58 could be perceived as a more challenging route than "Drifter" service 60, but to get an idea of how well the buses would cope with lots of uphills, downhills, and all the rest in between, a Streetlite Max was trialled on that service and look where those buses ended up at!
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 11:52 am #857

(31 Dec 2013, 11:49 am)BJ10VUS Yes, there is a point. The 'Diamond' services are one of GNEs more challenging routes and it is a chance for them to test the vehicles to see how they perform.

As another example...

"Citylink" service 58 could be perceived as a more challenging route than "Drifter" service 60, but to get an idea of how well the buses would cope with lots of uphills, downhills, and all the rest in between, a Streetlite Max was trialled on that service and look where those buses ended up at!

CatsFast101

Unregistered

31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am #858
(31 Dec 2013, 11:40 am)Dan Hmm, about the X7? Rolleyes

And I'm just saying what I got told, everyone has got information wrong. A couple of months you suggested the 61 would become northern branded using cadets! It's now in SimpliCity branding using Versas! Haha! It's worth mentioning that information hasn't just come from a driver (no offence intended to the drivers) but from a senior staff member.

Well maybe they may but the vehicles used in the past show the 58 has some of the best as you said earlier the Citaro is the best vehicle within the fleet. Where as ToonLink has had Arriva cast offs.
CatsFast101
31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am #858

(31 Dec 2013, 11:40 am)Dan Hmm, about the X7? Rolleyes

And I'm just saying what I got told, everyone has got information wrong. A couple of months you suggested the 61 would become northern branded using cadets! It's now in SimpliCity branding using Versas! Haha! It's worth mentioning that information hasn't just come from a driver (no offence intended to the drivers) but from a senior staff member.

Well maybe they may but the vehicles used in the past show the 58 has some of the best as you said earlier the Citaro is the best vehicle within the fleet. Where as ToonLink has had Arriva cast offs.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2013, 11:58 am #859
(31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am)CatsFast101 And I'm just saying what I got told, everyone has got information wrong. A couple of months you suggested the 61 would become northern branded using cadets! It's now in SimpliCity branding using Versas! Haha! It's worth mentioning that information hasn't just come from a driver (no offence intended to the drivers) but from a senior staff member.

Everyone has got information wrong? Or plans have changed? Completely different things, my friend.
This quote is why I'm so reluctant to give direct information out as opposed to hints (which you and a few others requested a few weeks ago), because people like you are dickish about it if things change, and you're clearly incapable of understanding and/or appreciating how things often have to change to maximise profits whilst also lowering costs where appropriate also.
Last minute decisions aren't always the best ones. A lot of factors have to be taken into consideration, including cost, and these factors are often demonstrated in the last minute plans. This is obvious with all companies, not just Go North East or indeed companies in this industry.

On a related note - those of a higher position at Crook depot are still of the opinion that "Pronto" service X21 is still in line to receive Citaro vehicles, when Rob has suggested otherwise...
Who am I gonna go with (if I want to stand a chance of being right)? Management... or depot employees?

(31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am)CatsFast101 Well maybe they may but the vehicles used in the past show the 58 has some of the best as you said earlier the Citaro is the best vehicle within the fleet. Where as ToonLink has had Arriva cast offs.

There's a correct time for everything to be upgraded and/or invested in, and maybe in the past the "Toon Link" network has not been able to justify brand new vehicles as it now possibly can.
It's quite likely a few changes could be lined up - what if only two of the four "Toon Link" services remained within this brand and the other two were ditched?
You also have to consider the suitability of Versas as opposed to a more heavy weight vehicle which they are currently allocated.
I guess we'll never know, and I best not reveal much more... If things change, someone like you will come along and be dickish about it.... Learn to appreciate the information NEB's GNE representatives (members of management) give... You'll be able to learn a lot more, that way. If you can read into the hints, that is!
Dan
31 Dec 2013, 11:58 am #859

(31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am)CatsFast101 And I'm just saying what I got told, everyone has got information wrong. A couple of months you suggested the 61 would become northern branded using cadets! It's now in SimpliCity branding using Versas! Haha! It's worth mentioning that information hasn't just come from a driver (no offence intended to the drivers) but from a senior staff member.

Everyone has got information wrong? Or plans have changed? Completely different things, my friend.
This quote is why I'm so reluctant to give direct information out as opposed to hints (which you and a few others requested a few weeks ago), because people like you are dickish about it if things change, and you're clearly incapable of understanding and/or appreciating how things often have to change to maximise profits whilst also lowering costs where appropriate also.
Last minute decisions aren't always the best ones. A lot of factors have to be taken into consideration, including cost, and these factors are often demonstrated in the last minute plans. This is obvious with all companies, not just Go North East or indeed companies in this industry.

On a related note - those of a higher position at Crook depot are still of the opinion that "Pronto" service X21 is still in line to receive Citaro vehicles, when Rob has suggested otherwise...
Who am I gonna go with (if I want to stand a chance of being right)? Management... or depot employees?

(31 Dec 2013, 11:53 am)CatsFast101 Well maybe they may but the vehicles used in the past show the 58 has some of the best as you said earlier the Citaro is the best vehicle within the fleet. Where as ToonLink has had Arriva cast offs.

There's a correct time for everything to be upgraded and/or invested in, and maybe in the past the "Toon Link" network has not been able to justify brand new vehicles as it now possibly can.
It's quite likely a few changes could be lined up - what if only two of the four "Toon Link" services remained within this brand and the other two were ditched?
You also have to consider the suitability of Versas as opposed to a more heavy weight vehicle which they are currently allocated.
I guess we'll never know, and I best not reveal much more... If things change, someone like you will come along and be dickish about it.... Learn to appreciate the information NEB's GNE representatives (members of management) give... You'll be able to learn a lot more, that way. If you can read into the hints, that is!

CatsFast101

Unregistered

31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm #860
(31 Dec 2013, 11:58 am)Dan Everyone has got information wrong? Or plans have changed? Completely different things, my friend.

Under the same token I was given the information a few weeks back but shared it last week, plans may have changed since then, it's been rumoured that the remaining fab 56 Solars may be branded for X30/X31 or even the 29, hence why I shared some information. Plans may have changed I for one want newer vehicles for the X7 sooner rather than later.

I just sometimes feel that you're quick to shut down anyone else information in favour of you're own when no one really knows information is of more regard (apart from GNE management on this forum).
CatsFast101
31 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm #860

(31 Dec 2013, 11:58 am)Dan Everyone has got information wrong? Or plans have changed? Completely different things, my friend.

Under the same token I was given the information a few weeks back but shared it last week, plans may have changed since then, it's been rumoured that the remaining fab 56 Solars may be branded for X30/X31 or even the 29, hence why I shared some information. Plans may have changed I for one want newer vehicles for the X7 sooner rather than later.

I just sometimes feel that you're quick to shut down anyone else information in favour of you're own when no one really knows information is of more regard (apart from GNE management on this forum).

Pages (46) Previous 142 43 4446 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average