Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work

(5 hours ago)Train8261 Wrote: Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work

Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.

(5 hours ago)peter Wrote: Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.

It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train

(5 hours ago)streetdeckfan Wrote: It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train
Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.

(3 hours ago)Economic505 Wrote: Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.
Nearly 2hrs 30mins to Edinburgh by road for a journey which is roughly 120miles is dreadful. The A1 has been crying out for dualling for decades. The fact you can do Carlisle to Glasgow in just over an hour and a half in comparison is shocking. There's only 20 or 30miles extra on the East Coast run and that doesn't warrant nearly an hour's difference.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk