Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Dyslexia

Dyslexia

Dyslexia

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm #1

Hi guys

I've just joined the Forum. I've got a interview at GNE riverside depot on Wednesday I'm panicking a bit as I'm Mild Dyslexia plus i was sacked from Snorkel for being to slow or there's was any opportunities for working anywhere else in the factory. I've read a few message on  Rail forum about tips on the interview & what the stages are the worrying stage is the the math side & the highway code I'm ok on the driving  plus it's about being a safe driver.The other is the scenario test what is the right way or the wrong way without get a month full from a passenger.

Greg

Gregory p
23 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm #1

Hi guys

I've just joined the Forum. I've got a interview at GNE riverside depot on Wednesday I'm panicking a bit as I'm Mild Dyslexia plus i was sacked from Snorkel for being to slow or there's was any opportunities for working anywhere else in the factory. I've read a few message on  Rail forum about tips on the interview & what the stages are the worrying stage is the the math side & the highway code I'm ok on the driving  plus it's about being a safe driver.The other is the scenario test what is the right way or the wrong way without get a month full from a passenger.

Greg

V514DFT

23 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm #2
The best advice i can give is not to panick,being dyslecic shouldnt stop you from getting the job unless you let it get in the way

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
23 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm #2

The best advice i can give is not to panick,being dyslecic shouldnt stop you from getting the job unless you let it get in the way

Kind Regards
Tez

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Jun 2019, 11:26 pm #3
We have all sorts of characters in the team, with all sorts of backgrounds, disadvantages and positives. So long as you can observe safety related information, then there shouldn't be any issues.

All the theory questions on the DVSA side are straight forward with 4 short and clear options per question.

The maths side of it, everyone struggles with at first, but big lesson of the job is never worry about being too slow! Only took quick will do you harm. Take your time with every aspect of the job and 'pace' just comes with experience in every situation. All the trainees are slow with change, especially with the huge amount of ticket options available.

Chill, take it easy, and most of all enjoy!
Jamie M
23 Jun 2019, 11:26 pm #3

We have all sorts of characters in the team, with all sorts of backgrounds, disadvantages and positives. So long as you can observe safety related information, then there shouldn't be any issues.

All the theory questions on the DVSA side are straight forward with 4 short and clear options per question.

The maths side of it, everyone struggles with at first, but big lesson of the job is never worry about being too slow! Only took quick will do you harm. Take your time with every aspect of the job and 'pace' just comes with experience in every situation. All the trainees are slow with change, especially with the huge amount of ticket options available.

Chill, take it easy, and most of all enjoy!

Adrian

24 Jun 2019, 4:35 pm #4
Have you told GNE about your dyslexia? Its covered under the Equality Act, so they'll need to make reasonable adjustments for you, even at the interview stage.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Jun 2019, 4:35 pm #4

Have you told GNE about your dyslexia? Its covered under the Equality Act, so they'll need to make reasonable adjustments for you, even at the interview stage.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

25 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm #5
Hi guys
Thanks for all your help. I've popped into GNE as when i rang them there was no answer so my patience got thinner. So i spoken to a bloke named Eric i told him that i was mild dyslexia but in the next stage after the interview i would need proof of that. So I've rang a few dyslexia centre some of them were charging me £400 to £500 for an assessment.
Greg
Gregory p
25 Jun 2019, 12:12 pm #5

Hi guys
Thanks for all your help. I've popped into GNE as when i rang them there was no answer so my patience got thinner. So i spoken to a bloke named Eric i told him that i was mild dyslexia but in the next stage after the interview i would need proof of that. So I've rang a few dyslexia centre some of them were charging me £400 to £500 for an assessment.
Greg

25 Jun 2019, 9:24 pm #6

Hi guys 
Greg

Gregory p
25 Jun 2019, 9:24 pm #6

Hi guys 
Greg

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Jun 2019, 9:29 pm #7

(25 Jun 2019, 9:24 pm)Gregory p

Hi guys 
Greg

GP/Doctors note?

Jamie M
25 Jun 2019, 9:29 pm #7

Hi guys 
Greg

GP/Doctors note?

BusLoverMum

26 Jun 2019, 1:08 pm #8

Hi guys 
Greg

How long since you left school?

BusLoverMum
26 Jun 2019, 1:08 pm #8

Hi guys 
Greg

How long since you left school?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average