Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What are you doing now you can't go out?

What are you doing now you can't go out?

What are you doing now you can't go out?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
BusLoverMum

21 Apr 2020, 2:58 pm #41
(21 Apr 2020, 12:01 pm)streetdeckfan I have the opposite problem, when we moved offices a couple years back, all the furniture was going to just get thrown out so I kept some of the best stuff. So now in the house I think we have 5 or 6 desk chairs, at least 5 desks, I put a massive whiteboard and noticeboard up on the office wall and we have a couple smaller ones downstairs still!

To be honest, most of our work has dried up for the minute because our main client was a national health service and they are apparently a bit busy at the moment, so I have plenty of free time now!

One of my biggest hates is gardening, the only thing I can tolerate is cutting the grass. I don't like getting dirty, I don't like bugs, or bees, especially wasps, I hate the smell of flowers. Give me a concrete yard any day!

In fact, I'm contemplating decking over the entire back garden at mine, the front garden is already definitely going as I want to turn it in to a parking space and I want to build a workshop in the back so I'd only really be left with a small section of grass
Decking isn't maintenance free. It gets slippery and rots and when it rots, the wasps love it.

Ours needs replacing before someone falls through it but b&q have decided that sort of job isn't essential repairs.
BusLoverMum
21 Apr 2020, 2:58 pm #41

(21 Apr 2020, 12:01 pm)streetdeckfan I have the opposite problem, when we moved offices a couple years back, all the furniture was going to just get thrown out so I kept some of the best stuff. So now in the house I think we have 5 or 6 desk chairs, at least 5 desks, I put a massive whiteboard and noticeboard up on the office wall and we have a couple smaller ones downstairs still!

To be honest, most of our work has dried up for the minute because our main client was a national health service and they are apparently a bit busy at the moment, so I have plenty of free time now!

One of my biggest hates is gardening, the only thing I can tolerate is cutting the grass. I don't like getting dirty, I don't like bugs, or bees, especially wasps, I hate the smell of flowers. Give me a concrete yard any day!

In fact, I'm contemplating decking over the entire back garden at mine, the front garden is already definitely going as I want to turn it in to a parking space and I want to build a workshop in the back so I'd only really be left with a small section of grass
Decking isn't maintenance free. It gets slippery and rots and when it rots, the wasps love it.

Ours needs replacing before someone falls through it but b&q have decided that sort of job isn't essential repairs.

21 Apr 2020, 3:03 pm #42
(21 Apr 2020, 2:58 pm)BusLoverMum Decking isn't maintenance free. It gets slippery and rots and when it rots, the wasps love it.

I've just ordered some decking from B&Q in Bishop (for my mother) and it was ready to collect the same day. Plus, if you order via the app, you don't have to wait in the queue to get on to the website!

I was thinking of going for the composite decking which should last longer, then again I don't really mind doing the maintenance, it gives me something to do!
streetdeckfan
21 Apr 2020, 3:03 pm #42

(21 Apr 2020, 2:58 pm)BusLoverMum Decking isn't maintenance free. It gets slippery and rots and when it rots, the wasps love it.

I've just ordered some decking from B&Q in Bishop (for my mother) and it was ready to collect the same day. Plus, if you order via the app, you don't have to wait in the queue to get on to the website!

I was thinking of going for the composite decking which should last longer, then again I don't really mind doing the maintenance, it gives me something to do!

BusLoverMum

21 Apr 2020, 3:21 pm #43
(21 Apr 2020, 3:03 pm)streetdeckfan I've just ordered some decking from B&Q in Bishop (for my mother) and it was ready to collect the same day. Plus, if you order via the app, you don't have to wait in the queue to get on to the website!

They must have added it back in when they made this week's changes then.
BusLoverMum
21 Apr 2020, 3:21 pm #43

(21 Apr 2020, 3:03 pm)streetdeckfan I've just ordered some decking from B&Q in Bishop (for my mother) and it was ready to collect the same day. Plus, if you order via the app, you don't have to wait in the queue to get on to the website!

They must have added it back in when they made this week's changes then.

21 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm #44
(21 Apr 2020, 3:21 pm)BusLoverMum They must have added it back in when they made this week's changes then.

Yeah, we've been trying to order them for a while and they only showed up this week
streetdeckfan
21 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm #44

(21 Apr 2020, 3:21 pm)BusLoverMum They must have added it back in when they made this week's changes then.

Yeah, we've been trying to order them for a while and they only showed up this week

idiot

21 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm #45
Im still writing quizzes.
I've got a pop quiz running till Monday 27th 9pm and a family quiz running till tomorrow 9pm

Currently
Edited 21 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm by idiot.
idiot
21 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm #45

Im still writing quizzes.
I've got a pop quiz running till Monday 27th 9pm and a family quiz running till tomorrow 9pm

Currently

21 Apr 2020, 10:37 pm #46
(21 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm)idiot Im still writing quizzes.

Currently
I've just got off a 2 and a half hour video chat 'Pub Quiz', must say I prefer hosting virtually than I do IRL!
Bit of a faff getting the music round playing as I didn't want to just play it through the speakers so I had a tablet with the music playing going in to my mixer, but my laptop wasn't playing ball so every half an hour or so everything would go super deep!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
21 Apr 2020, 10:37 pm #46

(21 Apr 2020, 8:57 pm)idiot Im still writing quizzes.

Currently
I've just got off a 2 and a half hour video chat 'Pub Quiz', must say I prefer hosting virtually than I do IRL!
Bit of a faff getting the music round playing as I didn't want to just play it through the speakers so I had a tablet with the music playing going in to my mixer, but my laptop wasn't playing ball so every half an hour or so everything would go super deep!

BusLoverMum

21 Apr 2020, 10:38 pm #47
(21 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, we've been trying to order them for a while and they only showed up this week
Well the app was a waste of time because that had a wait, too. 

We have a cracked loo seat to add to the list of stuff to fix.
BusLoverMum
21 Apr 2020, 10:38 pm #47

(21 Apr 2020, 3:26 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, we've been trying to order them for a while and they only showed up this week
Well the app was a waste of time because that had a wait, too. 

21 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm #48
(21 Apr 2020, 10:38 pm)BusLoverMum Well the app was a waste of time because that had a wait, too. 

Strange, I got straight through and ordered while I was in the queue on the laptop!

My toilet is a weird shape so I ordered 2 toilet seats, that way I don't have to mess around trying to find a replacement should I ever need one! Plus, they're quick release so just come off with one button

streetdeckfan
21 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm #48

(21 Apr 2020, 10:38 pm)BusLoverMum Well the app was a waste of time because that had a wait, too. 

Strange, I got straight through and ordered while I was in the queue on the laptop!

My toilet is a weird shape so I ordered 2 toilet seats, that way I don't have to mess around trying to find a replacement should I ever need one! Plus, they're quick release so just come off with one button

BusLoverMum

22 Apr 2020, 7:20 pm #49
(21 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm)streetdeckfan Strange, I got straight through and ordered while I was in the queue on the laptop!

Husband ended up measuring thoroughly and ordering from screw fix. It seems a decent fit.
BusLoverMum
22 Apr 2020, 7:20 pm #49

(21 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm)streetdeckfan Strange, I got straight through and ordered while I was in the queue on the laptop!

Husband ended up measuring thoroughly and ordering from screw fix. It seems a decent fit.

03 May 2020, 10:44 pm #50
I finally got round to making myself an avatar! Just knocked it up quickly in Illustrator (Yes, I'm still distraught they got rid of the Castles Express)

While sorting through my stuff, I found a £200 RODE shotgun mic that I got years ago, I'm contemplating whether I should just sell it because honestly I have no use for it anymore, or whether to keep it because I might need it one day! 

I also found a projector that I accidentally bought on ebay, I bid on it, a few days later a better one came up so I bought that, then got a notification saying I'd won. So I have an extra projector that's just been under a pile of clothes in my wardrobe for a few years.

I also finally got round to building a wall mounted spool holder for my filament I can change colours easier. I've been 3D printing a lot more now that I'm stuck in the house so it was a right pain changing colour. 

The kitchen is just about finished, although my sander has decided to pack in, I have another 2 but I left them down in Bishop!
streetdeckfan
03 May 2020, 10:44 pm #50

I finally got round to making myself an avatar! Just knocked it up quickly in Illustrator (Yes, I'm still distraught they got rid of the Castles Express)

While sorting through my stuff, I found a £200 RODE shotgun mic that I got years ago, I'm contemplating whether I should just sell it because honestly I have no use for it anymore, or whether to keep it because I might need it one day! 

I also found a projector that I accidentally bought on ebay, I bid on it, a few days later a better one came up so I bought that, then got a notification saying I'd won. So I have an extra projector that's just been under a pile of clothes in my wardrobe for a few years.

I also finally got round to building a wall mounted spool holder for my filament I can change colours easier. I've been 3D printing a lot more now that I'm stuck in the house so it was a right pain changing colour. 

The kitchen is just about finished, although my sander has decided to pack in, I have another 2 but I left them down in Bishop!

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average