Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Pricing

Pricing

Pricing

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (89) Previous 166 67 6889 Next
BusLoverMum

20 Apr 2020, 4:03 pm #1,321
(20 Apr 2020, 3:44 pm)Ambassador I imagine we'll see that happen for most businesses, however GNE are classed as keyworkers so although they have a lot of people working from home they can (with proper social distancing) have them in the office as needed as they are carrying out essential support for keyworkers.

It will be the case for a long time where only frontline workers are public facing or office based.

Welcome to the new normal!
Ha! Yes! Husband has been helping a new graduate starter get going, remotely, today. Had fun trying to keep Littlun out of the way while he was interviewing, the other week. He can see them doing a mix of office based and remote stuff, once this is all over. Sometimes they have to work with specific hardware, or at least familiarise themselves with it and some of the work they do needs particularly stringent security which can't be achieved in someone's dining room but a fair bit of his work doesn't need to be office based.
BusLoverMum
20 Apr 2020, 4:03 pm #1,321

(20 Apr 2020, 3:44 pm)Ambassador I imagine we'll see that happen for most businesses, however GNE are classed as keyworkers so although they have a lot of people working from home they can (with proper social distancing) have them in the office as needed as they are carrying out essential support for keyworkers.

It will be the case for a long time where only frontline workers are public facing or office based.

Welcome to the new normal!
Ha! Yes! Husband has been helping a new graduate starter get going, remotely, today. Had fun trying to keep Littlun out of the way while he was interviewing, the other week. He can see them doing a mix of office based and remote stuff, once this is all over. Sometimes they have to work with specific hardware, or at least familiarise themselves with it and some of the work they do needs particularly stringent security which can't be achieved in someone's dining room but a fair bit of his work doesn't need to be office based.

Andreos1

20 Apr 2020, 4:13 pm #1,322
(20 Apr 2020, 3:32 pm)Ambassador The next big issue is post lockdown.

Even with a gradual return the reality is many of us won't see the inside of our offices potentially until next year. The likes of Zoom and Microsoft Teams have opened the eyes of even the most hardened IT critic. Equally some businesses who were already struggling simply won't survive. Then there's a confidence issue of passengers themselves (how many parents - where they can - will now drive little Jimmy and Jane to school instead of risking their little darlings on a bus?)

This of course means the same passengers numbers won't be there and I think Martijn G and the Team at GNE are very aware of that but it's a huge challenge for them and even before COVID-19 it was already a big ask. Sellable assets aren't assets if you're competitors are equally in the same position which rules out an immediate cash flow solution.

It's a balancing act between enticing passengers back and paying your costs and it's going to be like that across most of business, however I think for public transport (buses in particular) it will be a much much bigger challenge

So getting back to pricing, will they need to identify a structure attractive to those who may have used it in the past? I'm thinking those who used buses as part of their commute (but due to the change in personal working habits) - would then be only using it on weekends and therefore buying singles, returns and the ilk. 
I'm pretty sure the price per journey difference will soon change any perceptions of VFM.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Apr 2020, 4:13 pm #1,322

(20 Apr 2020, 3:32 pm)Ambassador The next big issue is post lockdown.

Even with a gradual return the reality is many of us won't see the inside of our offices potentially until next year. The likes of Zoom and Microsoft Teams have opened the eyes of even the most hardened IT critic. Equally some businesses who were already struggling simply won't survive. Then there's a confidence issue of passengers themselves (how many parents - where they can - will now drive little Jimmy and Jane to school instead of risking their little darlings on a bus?)

This of course means the same passengers numbers won't be there and I think Martijn G and the Team at GNE are very aware of that but it's a huge challenge for them and even before COVID-19 it was already a big ask. Sellable assets aren't assets if you're competitors are equally in the same position which rules out an immediate cash flow solution.

It's a balancing act between enticing passengers back and paying your costs and it's going to be like that across most of business, however I think for public transport (buses in particular) it will be a much much bigger challenge

So getting back to pricing, will they need to identify a structure attractive to those who may have used it in the past? I'm thinking those who used buses as part of their commute (but due to the change in personal working habits) - would then be only using it on weekends and therefore buying singles, returns and the ilk. 
I'm pretty sure the price per journey difference will soon change any perceptions of VFM.

Storx

20 Apr 2020, 4:16 pm #1,323
(20 Apr 2020, 3:57 pm)streetdeckfan I was thinking purely financially, while there is an advantage to having customer service 'in house', if they can get rid of a whole property and have them work from home instead, that's got to save an awful lot of money!

Like you say, a lot of businesses have opened their eyes to homeworking, and if you can save money by doing it permanently, why wouldn't you?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

It'll cost more to have people working from home as you'll just end having a level spending all day monitoring people are actually working. Not mention you no longer have a space for training etc. Efficency would just go through the window if you had call centre's etc working from home.

Your at the same time also opening your systems to outside of the building which can lead to another level of bother in terms of people hacking the system even by one of your collegues passing a laptop to a friend and going through customers or worse selling it to someone else. The cost of that will be 1000x worse than paying for the building hence why the most the big companies are still working in their respective offices or are down to extremely limited support ie. emails only.

That's your main disadvantages and they're potentially quite big Smile

Small little companies with upto 20 people may think about it though however overall they're not really going to impact bus usage anyway as they're just a very very small majority. Finance, and levels right at the top who don't need access to the customer data at all however could potentially work from home though most do nowadays anyway - I know a lot of tech teams do and have done for ages but anything with access to customer data is just opening a big can of worms.
Storx
20 Apr 2020, 4:16 pm #1,323

(20 Apr 2020, 3:57 pm)streetdeckfan I was thinking purely financially, while there is an advantage to having customer service 'in house', if they can get rid of a whole property and have them work from home instead, that's got to save an awful lot of money!

Like you say, a lot of businesses have opened their eyes to homeworking, and if you can save money by doing it permanently, why wouldn't you?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

It'll cost more to have people working from home as you'll just end having a level spending all day monitoring people are actually working. Not mention you no longer have a space for training etc. Efficency would just go through the window if you had call centre's etc working from home.

Your at the same time also opening your systems to outside of the building which can lead to another level of bother in terms of people hacking the system even by one of your collegues passing a laptop to a friend and going through customers or worse selling it to someone else. The cost of that will be 1000x worse than paying for the building hence why the most the big companies are still working in their respective offices or are down to extremely limited support ie. emails only.

That's your main disadvantages and they're potentially quite big Smile

Small little companies with upto 20 people may think about it though however overall they're not really going to impact bus usage anyway as they're just a very very small majority. Finance, and levels right at the top who don't need access to the customer data at all however could potentially work from home though most do nowadays anyway - I know a lot of tech teams do and have done for ages but anything with access to customer data is just opening a big can of worms.

mb134

20 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm #1,324
Regarding passenger numbers at the other side of this, I'm not overly sure there will be a dramatic immediate change.

On the first day back in "normality" folk will want to be getting out and about, going to the pub for drinks, going to town with friends etc - a bus companies dream. For ANE, I imagine there will be a number of people wanting trips up and down the coast to Seahouses/Whitby/Scarborough. Football will return, another huge day for bus companies in and out of Newcastle. Workers for restaurants, bars etc will all return to work, as will those working in shops and the like.

Office workers may well carry on working from home, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them all back in. All of the office workers I know have been saying that productivity has dropped through the floor since this all started. Similarly, universities and schools will all be back. Speaking as someone who's just sat their first honours exam, the past 3 weeks have been absolute hell not having a library available, so students will return to using buses in the same volume as they were before.

More specifically looking at pricing - people who don't have to use the bus for short trips won't. If its a 5 minute walk to the stop, with the bus taking 10 minutes to the next town, and people have access to a car then they'll drive it 99.9% of the time. Where you're far more likely to convince "leisure passengers" onto the bus is into the city centre, where it's more likely that they'll be going for a few hours, maybe a few drinks. To these passengers, pricing, frequency and atmosphere will be most important in getting them to return. Couples or groups of friends are hardly likely to be requiring tables for their afternoon/night out in town, but they will appreciate comfortable seating and a pleasant ambience. The actual design of the bus helps a lot here, personally I think ADL have got it spot on with windows etc whereas the shallower Wright windows make the bus feel smaller and less airy.
mb134
20 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm #1,324

Regarding passenger numbers at the other side of this, I'm not overly sure there will be a dramatic immediate change.

On the first day back in "normality" folk will want to be getting out and about, going to the pub for drinks, going to town with friends etc - a bus companies dream. For ANE, I imagine there will be a number of people wanting trips up and down the coast to Seahouses/Whitby/Scarborough. Football will return, another huge day for bus companies in and out of Newcastle. Workers for restaurants, bars etc will all return to work, as will those working in shops and the like.

Office workers may well carry on working from home, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see them all back in. All of the office workers I know have been saying that productivity has dropped through the floor since this all started. Similarly, universities and schools will all be back. Speaking as someone who's just sat their first honours exam, the past 3 weeks have been absolute hell not having a library available, so students will return to using buses in the same volume as they were before.

More specifically looking at pricing - people who don't have to use the bus for short trips won't. If its a 5 minute walk to the stop, with the bus taking 10 minutes to the next town, and people have access to a car then they'll drive it 99.9% of the time. Where you're far more likely to convince "leisure passengers" onto the bus is into the city centre, where it's more likely that they'll be going for a few hours, maybe a few drinks. To these passengers, pricing, frequency and atmosphere will be most important in getting them to return. Couples or groups of friends are hardly likely to be requiring tables for their afternoon/night out in town, but they will appreciate comfortable seating and a pleasant ambience. The actual design of the bus helps a lot here, personally I think ADL have got it spot on with windows etc whereas the shallower Wright windows make the bus feel smaller and less airy.

Ambassador

21 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm #1,325
(20 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm)mb134 Regarding passenger numbers at the other side of this, I'm not overly sure there will be a dramatic immediate change.

The problem is there won't be an immediate return to normality. Not everything will reopen at the same time, not everything will reopen. People won't just suddenly start getting on buses and trains - especially if face mask guidance comes in. People will remain wary and will likely stick to their car. 

We're still in the realms of shielded and the elderly being isolated until 2021. 

Pricing won't be the problem. Survival will.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
21 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm #1,325

(20 Apr 2020, 5:37 pm)mb134 Regarding passenger numbers at the other side of this, I'm not overly sure there will be a dramatic immediate change.

The problem is there won't be an immediate return to normality. Not everything will reopen at the same time, not everything will reopen. People won't just suddenly start getting on buses and trains - especially if face mask guidance comes in. People will remain wary and will likely stick to their car. 

We're still in the realms of shielded and the elderly being isolated until 2021. 

col87

24 Apr 2020, 2:50 pm #1,326
(21 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm)Ambassador The problem is there won't be an immediate return to normality. Not everything will reopen at the same time, not everything will reopen. People won't just suddenly start getting on buses and trains - especially if face mask guidance comes in. People will remain wary and will likely stick to their car. 

Agree even when buses do go back to normal service I can't see people using them unless they really have to.  I think people will think twice before going on days out using buses for at least 6 month to a year and that's when we do have normality back.  It's very likely some bus companies possibly one or two of the big ones will go bust because of this.
col87
24 Apr 2020, 2:50 pm #1,326

(21 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm)Ambassador The problem is there won't be an immediate return to normality. Not everything will reopen at the same time, not everything will reopen. People won't just suddenly start getting on buses and trains - especially if face mask guidance comes in. People will remain wary and will likely stick to their car. 

Agree even when buses do go back to normal service I can't see people using them unless they really have to.  I think people will think twice before going on days out using buses for at least 6 month to a year and that's when we do have normality back.  It's very likely some bus companies possibly one or two of the big ones will go bust because of this.

02 May 2020, 6:02 am #1,327
(24 Apr 2020, 2:50 pm)col87 Agree even when buses do go back to normal service I can't see people using them unless they really have to.  I think people will think twice before going on days out using buses for at least 6 month to a year and that's when we do have normality back.  It's very likely some bus companies possibly one or two of the big ones will go bust because of this.

What could inadvertently favour some operators and detriment others is a likely inconsistency in how much the volume of journeys has fallen for 1 operator relative to another, the feasibility of adapting the timetables accordingly (eg keeping to simple timetables in order not to further deter passengers but still relatively viable), and whether any government grants match the fall in revenue accordingly.
MetrolineGA1511
02 May 2020, 6:02 am #1,327

(24 Apr 2020, 2:50 pm)col87 Agree even when buses do go back to normal service I can't see people using them unless they really have to.  I think people will think twice before going on days out using buses for at least 6 month to a year and that's when we do have normality back.  It's very likely some bus companies possibly one or two of the big ones will go bust because of this.

What could inadvertently favour some operators and detriment others is a likely inconsistency in how much the volume of journeys has fallen for 1 operator relative to another, the feasibility of adapting the timetables accordingly (eg keeping to simple timetables in order not to further deter passengers but still relatively viable), and whether any government grants match the fall in revenue accordingly.

Adrian

02 May 2020, 11:14 am #1,328
(17 Apr 2020, 8:25 pm)James101 Buses could be ran with objectives other than profit. These could be along the lines of ensuring urban populations are within 500m of a regular service, rural communities of over 1000 people are connected at least twice a week or bus services are incorporated into new developments from the beginning, ending the current bus deserts that come with new housing. Flat fare and single operator brand would be so much more accessible for the general public. No more of the pricing anomalies/legacy pricing/gouging as discussed above.

This is something that still surprises me. There's section 106 money up for grabs through agreement with most new developments of significance, yet it rarely seems to be used on giving a 'kick start' to a new bus service (or re-routing) to serve the new estate. Perhaps a lobbying opportunity for the operators to encourage in the future...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 May 2020, 11:14 am #1,328

(17 Apr 2020, 8:25 pm)James101 Buses could be ran with objectives other than profit. These could be along the lines of ensuring urban populations are within 500m of a regular service, rural communities of over 1000 people are connected at least twice a week or bus services are incorporated into new developments from the beginning, ending the current bus deserts that come with new housing. Flat fare and single operator brand would be so much more accessible for the general public. No more of the pricing anomalies/legacy pricing/gouging as discussed above.

This is something that still surprises me. There's section 106 money up for grabs through agreement with most new developments of significance, yet it rarely seems to be used on giving a 'kick start' to a new bus service (or re-routing) to serve the new estate. Perhaps a lobbying opportunity for the operators to encourage in the future...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

James101

02 May 2020, 2:34 pm #1,329
(02 May 2020, 11:14 am)Adrian This is something that still surprises me. There's section 106 money up for grabs through agreement with most new developments of significance, yet it rarely seems to be used on giving a 'kick start' to a new bus service (or re-routing) to serve the new estate. Perhaps a lobbying opportunity for the operators to encourage in the future...

Agreed the Section 106 option is underused. Also too often when it is used it’s as a standalone shuttle, not integrated with the wider network.
James101
02 May 2020, 2:34 pm #1,329

(02 May 2020, 11:14 am)Adrian This is something that still surprises me. There's section 106 money up for grabs through agreement with most new developments of significance, yet it rarely seems to be used on giving a 'kick start' to a new bus service (or re-routing) to serve the new estate. Perhaps a lobbying opportunity for the operators to encourage in the future...

Agreed the Section 106 option is underused. Also too often when it is used it’s as a standalone shuttle, not integrated with the wider network.

Andreos1

25 Jul 2020, 11:01 am #1,330
#mindblown
Attached Files

Andreos1
25 Jul 2020, 11:01 am #1,330

#mindblown

Attached Files

Ambassador

05 Aug 2020, 9:26 am #1,331
Interesting move in Blackpool - cut fares to encourage more travel. Will hopefully help them grow numbers during staycation.

Credit to them, they've got a very modern fleet with bells and whistles and are very reliable in the face of almost constant traffic disruption around the town.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/busin...st-2932341

Ambassador
05 Aug 2020, 9:26 am #1,331

Interesting move in Blackpool - cut fares to encourage more travel. Will hopefully help them grow numbers during staycation.

Credit to them, they've got a very modern fleet with bells and whistles and are very reliable in the face of almost constant traffic disruption around the town.

05 Aug 2020, 9:33 am #1,332
Isn't there an operator that's doing 50% off tickets during the Eat Out to Help Out scheme? I vaguely remember seeing a tweet about it but can't remember who it was
streetdeckfan
05 Aug 2020, 9:33 am #1,332

Isn't there an operator that's doing 50% off tickets during the Eat Out to Help Out scheme? I vaguely remember seeing a tweet about it but can't remember who it was

Andreos1

05 Aug 2020, 10:19 am #1,333
(05 Aug 2020, 9:26 am)Ambassador Interesting move in Blackpool - cut fares to encourage more travel. Will hopefully help them grow numbers during staycation.

Something I wish other operators would do. As opposed to complaining that numbers are gonna drop and shrugging their shoulders about it.

Andreos1
05 Aug 2020, 10:19 am #1,333

(05 Aug 2020, 9:26 am)Ambassador Interesting move in Blackpool - cut fares to encourage more travel. Will hopefully help them grow numbers during staycation.

Something I wish other operators would do. As opposed to complaining that numbers are gonna drop and shrugging their shoulders about it.

05 Aug 2020, 10:21 am #1,334
(05 Aug 2020, 10:19 am)Andreos1 Something I wish other operators would do. As opposed to complaining that numbers are gonna drop and shrugging their shoulders about it.

I wonder if we'll see something similar to Catch the bus week to try and get people back
streetdeckfan
05 Aug 2020, 10:21 am #1,334

(05 Aug 2020, 10:19 am)Andreos1 Something I wish other operators would do. As opposed to complaining that numbers are gonna drop and shrugging their shoulders about it.

I wonder if we'll see something similar to Catch the bus week to try and get people back

Ambassador

05 Aug 2020, 10:44 am #1,335

Ah yes but to have a brand new bus fleet with NSA, leather, tables and wooden flooring you can't possibly reduce pricing. It's what we've been told on here for years!

Of course it helps when you don't have shareholders as your number one Customer...

Ambassador
05 Aug 2020, 10:44 am #1,335

Ah yes but to have a brand new bus fleet with NSA, leather, tables and wooden flooring you can't possibly reduce pricing. It's what we've been told on here for years!

Of course it helps when you don't have shareholders as your number one Customer...

05 Aug 2020, 11:16 am #1,336
(05 Aug 2020, 10:44 am)Ambassador Ah yes but to have a brand new bus fleet with NSA, leather, tables and wooden flooring you can't possibly reduce pricing. It's what we've been told on here for years!

Why would they reduce pricing? They're already reasonably priced as it is, as long as you don't buy a single, which almost never make sense.
streetdeckfan
05 Aug 2020, 11:16 am #1,336

(05 Aug 2020, 10:44 am)Ambassador Ah yes but to have a brand new bus fleet with NSA, leather, tables and wooden flooring you can't possibly reduce pricing. It's what we've been told on here for years!

Why would they reduce pricing? They're already reasonably priced as it is, as long as you don't buy a single, which almost never make sense.

Andreos1

05 Aug 2020, 12:10 pm #1,337

Smile

It's almost as if pricing theory goes out of the vinyl covered window! 

(05 Aug 2020, 11:16 am)streetdeckfan Why would they reduce pricing? They're already reasonably priced as it is, as long as you don't buy a single, which almost never make sense. 

But that's the thing, sometimes a single is the only option. Not everyone is a regular punter on the X21 and not everyone needs or is able to use a bus every day. 
I've shared many an example of when I've needed to buy a single and had to be peeled off the floor with shock when the driver has announced the latest increase.
That's just me. There's many other permutations and reasons why singles are the only option.

Granted the evening, 24 hour and other new tickets are an improvement on what was seen previously. I don't think it's perfect by any means. 
The fact Blackpool are putting measures in to place by reducing fares, gaining some word of mouth and free press advertising in the process and look to grow numbers or to try and get back customers who are switching to other methods of shopping, communiting, socialising etc., is only a good thing. Isn't it?

Andreos1
05 Aug 2020, 12:10 pm #1,337

Smile

(05 Aug 2020, 11:16 am)streetdeckfan Why would they reduce pricing? They're already reasonably priced as it is, as long as you don't buy a single, which almost never make sense. 

But that's the thing, sometimes a single is the only option. Not everyone is a regular punter on the X21 and not everyone needs or is able to use a bus every day. 
I've shared many an example of when I've needed to buy a single and had to be peeled off the floor with shock when the driver has announced the latest increase.
That's just me. There's many other permutations and reasons why singles are the only option.

Granted the evening, 24 hour and other new tickets are an improvement on what was seen previously. I don't think it's perfect by any means. 
The fact Blackpool are putting measures in to place by reducing fares, gaining some word of mouth and free press advertising in the process and look to grow numbers or to try and get back customers who are switching to other methods of shopping, communiting, socialising etc., is only a good thing. Isn't it?

05 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm #1,338
(05 Aug 2020, 12:10 pm)Andreos1 Smile

The fact Blackpool are putting measures in to place by reducing fares and gaining some word of mouth and free press advertising in the process is only a good thing. Isn't it?

Hence why I said 'almost never'. In a few situations, it does make sense. But realistically, when is the average person making a single journey? Surely they want to get home!

Plus, I was talking more about pricing in general, at the minute, I'd say a price decrease (even if it is just an offer) is probably better marketing than an ad campaign!
streetdeckfan
05 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm #1,338

(05 Aug 2020, 12:10 pm)Andreos1 Smile

The fact Blackpool are putting measures in to place by reducing fares and gaining some word of mouth and free press advertising in the process is only a good thing. Isn't it?

Hence why I said 'almost never'. In a few situations, it does make sense. But realistically, when is the average person making a single journey? Surely they want to get home!

Plus, I was talking more about pricing in general, at the minute, I'd say a price decrease (even if it is just an offer) is probably better marketing than an ad campaign!

Andreos1

05 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm #1,339
(05 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm)streetdeckfan Hence why I said 'almost never'. In a few situations, it does make sense. But realistically, when is the average person making a single journey? Surely they want to get home! 

Nights out needing a taxi back? Shift workers finishing or starting between operating hours? One way trips to the airport or railway station? Visiting a 'friend' or friend and stopping the night? Lack of Sunday or evening services rendering a 24 hour ticket worthless? 

Just a few examples off the top of my head. There will be many more. 

Now if those people could find an alternative methods of transport over the bus, before covid19, then what on earth would attract them to public transport now? Cheaper tickets perhaps? Just a thought... Or a shrug of the shoulder and acceptance that numbers are going to drop?

Tesco sell their nearly out of date bread for 10p if it means some money in the till. If they sell 10 of those loaves, even better! 
Far from saying operators need to sell tickets for 10p, maybe they need to look at how an ignored market can make them some money. Some money is better than no money.

Andreos1
05 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm #1,339

(05 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm)streetdeckfan Hence why I said 'almost never'. In a few situations, it does make sense. But realistically, when is the average person making a single journey? Surely they want to get home! 

Nights out needing a taxi back? Shift workers finishing or starting between operating hours? One way trips to the airport or railway station? Visiting a 'friend' or friend and stopping the night? Lack of Sunday or evening services rendering a 24 hour ticket worthless? 

Just a few examples off the top of my head. There will be many more. 

Now if those people could find an alternative methods of transport over the bus, before covid19, then what on earth would attract them to public transport now? Cheaper tickets perhaps? Just a thought... Or a shrug of the shoulder and acceptance that numbers are going to drop?

Tesco sell their nearly out of date bread for 10p if it means some money in the till. If they sell 10 of those loaves, even better! 
Far from saying operators need to sell tickets for 10p, maybe they need to look at how an ignored market can make them some money. Some money is better than no money.

Ambassador

05 Aug 2020, 1:48 pm #1,340

But those are the Customers you need to attract or you'll never grow. 

Most bus users are on the bus because there is no other option. It's a captive market in that sense. What you need to do is attract the 'on the way to the Fell or Durham or a pint' types who will spend and maybe begin to use your bus regularly on a weekend to go for a pint.

No amount of bus lanes or priority traffic management will help with that. It's got to be cost effective before you even think about bragging about anything else

Ambassador
05 Aug 2020, 1:48 pm #1,340

But those are the Customers you need to attract or you'll never grow. 

Most bus users are on the bus because there is no other option. It's a captive market in that sense. What you need to do is attract the 'on the way to the Fell or Durham or a pint' types who will spend and maybe begin to use your bus regularly on a weekend to go for a pint.

No amount of bus lanes or priority traffic management will help with that. It's got to be cost effective before you even think about bragging about anything else

Pages (89) Previous 166 67 6889 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average