Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Euro 6 credentials & road stripes being added to more buses

Euro 6 credentials & road stripes being added to more buses

Euro 6 credentials & road stripes being added to more buses

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next
JP6004

14 May 2021, 10:15 am #21
(13 May 2021, 5:39 pm)EL1TE Haven't got a photo but 6907 now has the road stripes over the 2016 livery, believe it's the first do be done?
Think theres only 80 or so left to do
JP6004
14 May 2021, 10:15 am #21

(13 May 2021, 5:39 pm)EL1TE Haven't got a photo but 6907 now has the road stripes over the 2016 livery, believe it's the first do be done?
Think theres only 80 or so left to do

14 May 2021, 5:35 pm #22

[Image: 51178699821_f2521df338_c.jpg]Go North East 6908 / LX06 EBK by kieron mathews, on Flickr

6908 has road stripes as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
14 May 2021, 5:35 pm #22

[Image: 51178699821_f2521df338_c.jpg]Go North East 6908 / LX06 EBK by kieron mathews, on Flickr

14 May 2021, 5:59 pm #23
(14 May 2021, 5:35 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 51178699821_f2521df338_c.jpg]Go North East 6908 / LX06 EBK by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me, or does the road stripe look really awkward being that far back?
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 5:59 pm #23

(14 May 2021, 5:35 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 51178699821_f2521df338_c.jpg]Go North East 6908 / LX06 EBK by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me, or does the road stripe look really awkward being that far back?

Andreos1

14 May 2021, 6:01 pm #24
(14 May 2021, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan Is it just me, or does the road stripe look really awkward being that far back?

I just cant get my head around anyone spending the time and money to titivate a 15 year old decker.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 May 2021, 6:01 pm #24

(14 May 2021, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan Is it just me, or does the road stripe look really awkward being that far back?

I just cant get my head around anyone spending the time and money to titivate a 15 year old decker.

14 May 2021, 6:18 pm #25
(14 May 2021, 6:01 pm)Andreos1 I just cant get my head around anyone spending the time and money to titivate a 15 year old decker.

Totally agree, it's a complete waste!
It's not as if the new livery is radically different, they're both clearly identifiable as GNE
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 6:18 pm #25

(14 May 2021, 6:01 pm)Andreos1 I just cant get my head around anyone spending the time and money to titivate a 15 year old decker.

Totally agree, it's a complete waste!
It's not as if the new livery is radically different, they're both clearly identifiable as GNE

ne14ne1

14 May 2021, 6:19 pm #26

I think the road-stripes look better further back. There’s one or two B9s including the corporate spare hybrid where I think the stripes look too far forward of the rear wheel.
ne14ne1
14 May 2021, 6:19 pm #26

I think the road-stripes look better further back. There’s one or two B9s including the corporate spare hybrid where I think the stripes look too far forward of the rear wheel.

14 May 2021, 6:47 pm #27
It's strange that some vehicles have received this yellow stripe. Especially the only Optare Solo SR has been done. Yet no other one has
Micheal Aaron
14 May 2021, 6:47 pm #27

It's strange that some vehicles have received this yellow stripe. Especially the only Optare Solo SR has been done. Yet no other one has

14 May 2021, 6:48 pm #28
(14 May 2021, 6:19 pm)ne14ne1 I think the road-stripes look better further back. There’s one or two B9s including the corporate spare hybrid where I think the stripes look too far forward of the rear wheel.

I definitely prefer them further forward, there just isn't enough blue at the top for my liking.
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 6:48 pm #28

(14 May 2021, 6:19 pm)ne14ne1 I think the road-stripes look better further back. There’s one or two B9s including the corporate spare hybrid where I think the stripes look too far forward of the rear wheel.

I definitely prefer them further forward, there just isn't enough blue at the top for my liking.

Jimmi

14 May 2021, 6:58 pm #29
The stripe position is the least of my concerns with this, I'm more drawn to the exposed paintwork obscuring part of the legal address and the clearly visible removal of the website URL
Jimmi
14 May 2021, 6:58 pm #29

The stripe position is the least of my concerns with this, I'm more drawn to the exposed paintwork obscuring part of the legal address and the clearly visible removal of the website URL

14 May 2021, 7:01 pm #30
(14 May 2021, 6:58 pm)Jimmi The stripe position is the least of my concerns with this, I'm more drawn to the exposed paintwork obscuring part of the legal address and the clearly visible removal of the website URL

Have they removed it if it's still clearly visible?   Cool
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 7:01 pm #30

(14 May 2021, 6:58 pm)Jimmi The stripe position is the least of my concerns with this, I'm more drawn to the exposed paintwork obscuring part of the legal address and the clearly visible removal of the website URL

Have they removed it if it's still clearly visible?   Cool

mb134

14 May 2021, 7:04 pm #31

And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

There also seems to be a bit of metal hanging from just behind the middle door.
mb134
14 May 2021, 7:04 pm #31

And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

Jimmi

14 May 2021, 7:10 pm #32
(14 May 2021, 7:04 pm)mb134 And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!
Jimmi
14 May 2021, 7:10 pm #32

(14 May 2021, 7:04 pm)mb134 And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!

Dan

Site Administrator

14 May 2021, 7:16 pm #33

(14 May 2021, 7:10 pm)Jimmi Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!

The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.
Dan
14 May 2021, 7:16 pm #33

(14 May 2021, 7:10 pm)Jimmi Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!

The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.

14 May 2021, 8:21 pm #34
(14 May 2021, 7:16 pm)Dan The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.

Which begs the question, why haven't they?
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 8:21 pm #34

(14 May 2021, 7:16 pm)Dan The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.

Which begs the question, why haven't they?

Dan

Site Administrator

14 May 2021, 8:39 pm #35
(14 May 2021, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan Which begs the question, why haven't they?

I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.
Dan
14 May 2021, 8:39 pm #35

(14 May 2021, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan Which begs the question, why haven't they?

I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.

14 May 2021, 9:11 pm #36
(14 May 2021, 8:39 pm)Dan I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

Christ Daniel, no need to take it to heart!

Seriously though, thanks for the insight
streetdeckfan
14 May 2021, 9:11 pm #36

(14 May 2021, 8:39 pm)Dan I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

Christ Daniel, no need to take it to heart!

Seriously though, thanks for the insight

Andreos1

14 May 2021, 9:27 pm #37

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.

Is that the same issue that Washington has with their washing facilities and Streetdecks?
Noticed lots of grime and muck getting behind the vinyls applied to the front window of the upper deck.

Andreos1
14 May 2021, 9:27 pm #37

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.

Is that the same issue that Washington has with their washing facilities and Streetdecks?
Noticed lots of grime and muck getting behind the vinyls applied to the front window of the upper deck.

15 May 2021, 1:08 pm #38
The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
15 May 2021, 1:08 pm #38

The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

ne14ne1

15 May 2021, 2:38 pm #39
(15 May 2021, 1:08 pm)Rapidsnap The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Ah I always wondered why some Omnicities wore their plates up on the front panel rather than on the bumper.
Mystery solved.  Wink
ne14ne1
15 May 2021, 2:38 pm #39

(15 May 2021, 1:08 pm)Rapidsnap The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Ah I always wondered why some Omnicities wore their plates up on the front panel rather than on the bumper.
Mystery solved.  Wink

16 May 2021, 11:58 am #40
Yeah the Percy Main bus wash took a dislike to the Omnicity too, but it seems to have been resolved and I believe all of them now have the registration plates in their original position.

Rapidsnap
16 May 2021, 11:58 am #40

Yeah the Percy Main bus wash took a dislike to the Omnicity too, but it seems to have been resolved and I believe all of them now have the registration plates in their original position.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average