Does Arriva Ever Get Metro Replacement Contract
Does Arriva Ever Get Metro Replacement Contract
Can anyone remind the last Arriva ran Metro replacement contract. Its been a while. Id love to see Arriva do more Metro replacement

RE: Does Arriva Ever Get Metro Replacement Contract
November 2019.

(29 Mar 2021, 2:49 am)MichealAaron Wrote: Can anyone remind the last Arriva ran Metro replacement contract. Its been a while. Id love to see Arriva do more Metro replacement

I imagine it's probably more staffing than anything to why they're not putting in for them at the minute.

(29 Mar 2021, 9:46 am)deanmachine Wrote: I imagine it's probably more staffing than anything to why they're not putting in for them at the minute.

They aren't on the framework to even bid for the planned Metro Replacement contracts anymore - they chose not to be.

To be fair Go North East does a good enough job as it is covering it, even when there's emergency replacements on or sudden closures a number of GNE routes shadow the Metro service usually accept tickets until replacement buses are in action or metro service resumes. Also GNE also works closely with other operators such as Stanley and Jim Hughes to provide extra vehicles if needed.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.