You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

RE: North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
(24 Nov 2021, 11:53 am)Adrian wrote I suppose it all comes down to what the reference of "the creation of a unified brand; having a consistent approach to customer service at every point in the journey;" means, which is listed as the opportunity around branding within the BSIP document.

On one hand you could say it equates to the understanding in a Franchising model, e.g. TfL all red buses with the buses roundall, or Manchester moving towards a TfGM consistent branding with the Tram, but in a partnership, it could be like the West Yorkshire Metro example, with the logo being present at bus stations, train stations and on buses, but buses and trains still running under their own corporate branding. Either way, I hope it means a lot more than just a lucrative contract for a certain designer.

On the Xlines example though, I'd say that's something that could be expanded on and rolled out to similar services by other operators in terms of consistency.

Suspect it will be a logo stuck on existing liveries given the description on pg 66 under initiative description (which wont copy and paste for some reason).

I note with some trepidation the reference elsewhere in the document to an enabler to increasing patronage being "if the bus was cheaper than car parking".  Suspect omst people who said this meant if bus fares were lower, not if parking rates were higher (such as removal of Alive after 5 etc in Newcastle).  Appreciate the fares proposals do go some way to address extortionate prices but they will still represent an increased cost for Joe Public popping into town for an hour or two in almost all LAs, compared to parking for that time, unless parking rates are hiked up = race to the bottom.

Seems to all but confirm (page 95) the temporary withdrawal of Service 100 is not temporary!

Interesting to see among all those proposed park and rides, nothing in Sunderland. Likewise virtually nothing on nightbuses in Sunderland - this is somewhat undertsnadable but inconsistent given the number of apparent superbus routes in the city during the day time... as opposed to Newcastle where all the routes where nightbuses have been multiply tried and failed are being resurrected as there is apparently proven demand now??

RE: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1
RE: Ne14ne1
Ne14ne1
£804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses
Ne14ne1