Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (26) Previous 1 2 326 Next
V514DFT

23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm #21
Genuinely nervous about any other changes that may happen,he only mentioned 2 services

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm #21

Genuinely nervous about any other changes that may happen,he only mentioned 2 services

Kind Regards
Tez

23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm #22
(23 Dec 2021, 7:34 pm)Keeiajs Xlines brand is dropping like flies -

Any guesses of what is next, mine is firmly with the X5/X15

Not really, X84/X85 is the first X-lines brand to go completely, and only the second Xlines 'corridor' to go, after the X6/X7.
I think we can all agree that the X47 should never have existed in the first place, and was probably only in the Xlines brand for operational reasons.

The X9 was essentially just a variation of the X10, and is just being consolidated into the X10 full time

(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)V514DFT Genuinely nervous about any other changes that may happen,he only mentioned 2 services

I wonder if the X21 extension to West Auckland, and the 21 extension to Brandon will stick around. They seem like easy targets.
Honestly, if they cut the X21 back to Bishop, that's me done
Edited 23 Dec 2021, 7:51 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm #22

Not really, X84/X85 is the first X-lines brand to go completely, and only the second Xlines 'corridor' to go, after the X6/X7.
I think we can all agree that the X47 should never have existed in the first place, and was probably only in the Xlines brand for operational reasons.

The X9 was essentially just a variation of the X10, and is just being consolidated into the X10 full time

(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)V514DFT Genuinely nervous about any other changes that may happen,he only mentioned 2 services

I wonder if the X21 extension to West Auckland, and the 21 extension to Brandon will stick around. They seem like easy targets.

Keeiajs

23 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm #23
If I was in Peterlee I would be worried. 

I can see services which were every 10 mins e.g 60/20/56 moving upto every 15 and 20.

(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)streetdeckfan Not really, X84/X85 is the first X-lines brand to go completely, and only the second Xlines 'corridor' to go, after the X6/X7.

I think West Aukland one will. However I think 21 to Brandon should either be every hour, or a extra service to Durham per hour from NCL
Edited 23 Dec 2021, 7:59 pm by Keeiajs.
Keeiajs
23 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm #23

If I was in Peterlee I would be worried. 

I can see services which were every 10 mins e.g 60/20/56 moving upto every 15 and 20.

(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)streetdeckfan Not really, X84/X85 is the first X-lines brand to go completely, and only the second Xlines 'corridor' to go, after the X6/X7.

I think West Aukland one will. However I think 21 to Brandon should either be every hour, or a extra service to Durham per hour from NCL

Storx

23 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm #24

Something says that the X84/X85 isn't all purely numbers based and is to do with the Bus Partnership. At the end of the day it was about removing duplication and buses doing the same route and the 685/X85 done exactly that, they even had the same number for Arriva's old express one per day journey.

If one bus had to continue along there it was always going to be the 685. The number to 684 and 'timing with other operators' suggests it's more than outright scrapping. Maybe we might see GNE tickets accepted on the 685 and Arriva/Stagecoach tickets on the 684. It would be a better service for everyone. The 685 sticks out like a sore thumb anyway so it's not like GNE are giving money away to Arriva / Stagecoach in the Hexham area.

There's other corridors where that could work aswell.

X12/X21 and 306/308/309/310/311 being the two most noticeable.
Storx
23 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm #24

Something says that the X84/X85 isn't all purely numbers based and is to do with the Bus Partnership. At the end of the day it was about removing duplication and buses doing the same route and the 685/X85 done exactly that, they even had the same number for Arriva's old express one per day journey.

If one bus had to continue along there it was always going to be the 685. The number to 684 and 'timing with other operators' suggests it's more than outright scrapping. Maybe we might see GNE tickets accepted on the 685 and Arriva/Stagecoach tickets on the 684. It would be a better service for everyone. The 685 sticks out like a sore thumb anyway so it's not like GNE are giving money away to Arriva / Stagecoach in the Hexham area.

23 Dec 2021, 8:15 pm #25
(23 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm)Storx Something says that the X84/X85 isn't all purely numbers based and is to do with the Bus Partnership. At the end of the day it was about removing duplication and buses doing the same route and the 685/X85 done exactly that, they even had the same number for Arriva's old express one per day journey.

I'd also add the X21/6 as well. If GNE either cant be arsed, or can't afford to run the X21 to West Auckland on evenings or Sundays, at least work with Arriva to allow passengers to use either service. 
It was honestly so handy being able to use either back when there was mutual ticket acceptance on common routes!
streetdeckfan
23 Dec 2021, 8:15 pm #25

(23 Dec 2021, 8:06 pm)Storx Something says that the X84/X85 isn't all purely numbers based and is to do with the Bus Partnership. At the end of the day it was about removing duplication and buses doing the same route and the 685/X85 done exactly that, they even had the same number for Arriva's old express one per day journey.

I'd also add the X21/6 as well. If GNE either cant be arsed, or can't afford to run the X21 to West Auckland on evenings or Sundays, at least work with Arriva to allow passengers to use either service. 
It was honestly so handy being able to use either back when there was mutual ticket acceptance on common routes!

cbma06

23 Dec 2021, 8:24 pm #26

The x9 came onto the scene as GNE took over OK Travel and inherited there 211 service between Peterlee and Middlesbrough via billingham , so be it not via wingate and extended the service to Newcastle, depending if it starts to pick up again due to the pandemic, there probably be alot more service cuts soon when the the government withdraws the funding to the bus industry and services will be scaled back dramatically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
23 Dec 2021, 8:24 pm #26

The x9 came onto the scene as GNE took over OK Travel and inherited there 211 service between Peterlee and Middlesbrough via billingham , so be it not via wingate and extended the service to Newcastle, depending if it starts to pick up again due to the pandemic, there probably be alot more service cuts soon when the the government withdraws the funding to the bus industry and services will be scaled back dramatically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storx

23 Dec 2021, 8:25 pm #27
(23 Dec 2021, 8:15 pm)streetdeckfan I'd also add the X21/6 as well. If GNE either cant be arsed, or can't afford to run the X21 to West Auckland on evenings or Sundays, at least work with Arriva to allow passengers to use either service. 

Aye agreed I believe you can use Stagecoach or Arriva tickets on the whole route anyway with the 684/685, so it would kinda work anyway but you'd have to get an Arriva ticket instead. I'm not sure how often your up here using local GNE services but guess it would be cheaper for you that way round. Mind if they did do the 6/X21 I'd say scrap the X21 to West Auckland since you can just change with your ticket at Bishop, could even make it more express and run limited stop between Durham and Bishop.

It would also mean you'd get a GNE service effectively going to Middlesbrough aswell if you can use them on the X12. Win win for both imo.

There's a few round. All operators to the Metro Centre would be a good one aswell, like we've seen with Stagecoach right now. So you can use any operator ticket between the Metro Centre and Newcastle or Gateshead. The 1/22 is another so you could use the Little Coasters and connect with more services.
Storx
23 Dec 2021, 8:25 pm #27

(23 Dec 2021, 8:15 pm)streetdeckfan I'd also add the X21/6 as well. If GNE either cant be arsed, or can't afford to run the X21 to West Auckland on evenings or Sundays, at least work with Arriva to allow passengers to use either service. 

Aye agreed I believe you can use Stagecoach or Arriva tickets on the whole route anyway with the 684/685, so it would kinda work anyway but you'd have to get an Arriva ticket instead. I'm not sure how often your up here using local GNE services but guess it would be cheaper for you that way round. Mind if they did do the 6/X21 I'd say scrap the X21 to West Auckland since you can just change with your ticket at Bishop, could even make it more express and run limited stop between Durham and Bishop.

It would also mean you'd get a GNE service effectively going to Middlesbrough aswell if you can use them on the X12. Win win for both imo.

There's a few round. All operators to the Metro Centre would be a good one aswell, like we've seen with Stagecoach right now. So you can use any operator ticket between the Metro Centre and Newcastle or Gateshead. The 1/22 is another so you could use the Little Coasters and connect with more services.

Andreos1

23 Dec 2021, 9:26 pm #28

Not convinced myself. 

Pretty sure it's a fall out of the coaches on the X9/10 not quite working (driver availability, vehicle reliability & costs and maybe one or two other factors).
The X85 is a victim as a result of GNE needing high spec vehicles to fill the gap left by the coaches imo. Coupled with it maybe not making as much money as they anticipated.

The drivers don't need much familiarity training for the E400s either, meaning a lot more flexibility resource wise.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Dec 2021, 9:26 pm #28

Not convinced myself. 

Pretty sure it's a fall out of the coaches on the X9/10 not quite working (driver availability, vehicle reliability & costs and maybe one or two other factors).
The X85 is a victim as a result of GNE needing high spec vehicles to fill the gap left by the coaches imo. Coupled with it maybe not making as much money as they anticipated.

The drivers don't need much familiarity training for the E400s either, meaning a lot more flexibility resource wise.

DeltaMan

23 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm #29
Isn't the Network One All Zone Plus avaliable for exactly this scenario?
DeltaMan
23 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm #29

Isn't the Network One All Zone Plus avaliable for exactly this scenario?

23 Dec 2021, 10:46 pm #30
(23 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm)DeltaMan Isn't the Network One All Zone Plus avaliable for exactly this scenario?

Not really, it's still massively overpriced for what I would need. It's cheaper for me to buy my regular GNE ticket then pay for Arriva singles when I need it!
streetdeckfan
23 Dec 2021, 10:46 pm #30

(23 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm)DeltaMan Isn't the Network One All Zone Plus avaliable for exactly this scenario?

Not really, it's still massively overpriced for what I would need. It's cheaper for me to buy my regular GNE ticket then pay for Arriva singles when I need it!

Ambassador

23 Dec 2021, 10:50 pm #31
I’m not sure what to make of that update to a point,

A growing in popularity railway service impacting the X84/5….growing In popularity since erm…1834?

There’s an elephant in the room aspect to this. The govt will not and can’t afford to fund buses, the pandemic has made buses even less popular than before which is an achievement and all that money spent on Ray Stenning PowerPoint templates was a nice try but erm…yeah nobody likes buses. It shows all the money wasted on paint jobs as the union call them and fanfare of printed timetables (popular with old people, roger french and bus enthusiasts only) mean absolutely nothing

I hate to sound like our dear Andreos…well I don’t…but at what point do you realise the problem is you

More to come here I think. Further cuts, more money to DRT schemes and those impacted don’t and won’t vote tory. I’d be rts worried if I relied on public transport in a less desirable connected area or worked at go ahead but I’d be thrilled to be a middle manager or a shareholder…or ray stenning, rebrands ahoy!

To end a positive…of sorts. It’s a real shame Martijn joined GNE at a time of crisis and you wonder what he could have done with the resources that Huntley and Carr had, both massive massive failures.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
23 Dec 2021, 10:50 pm #31

I’m not sure what to make of that update to a point,

A growing in popularity railway service impacting the X84/5….growing In popularity since erm…1834?

There’s an elephant in the room aspect to this. The govt will not and can’t afford to fund buses, the pandemic has made buses even less popular than before which is an achievement and all that money spent on Ray Stenning PowerPoint templates was a nice try but erm…yeah nobody likes buses. It shows all the money wasted on paint jobs as the union call them and fanfare of printed timetables (popular with old people, roger french and bus enthusiasts only) mean absolutely nothing

I hate to sound like our dear Andreos…well I don’t…but at what point do you realise the problem is you

More to come here I think. Further cuts, more money to DRT schemes and those impacted don’t and won’t vote tory. I’d be rts worried if I relied on public transport in a less desirable connected area or worked at go ahead but I’d be thrilled to be a middle manager or a shareholder…or ray stenning, rebrands ahoy!

To end a positive…of sorts. It’s a real shame Martijn joined GNE at a time of crisis and you wonder what he could have done with the resources that Huntley and Carr had, both massive massive failures.

23 Dec 2021, 10:55 pm #32
(23 Dec 2021, 10:50 pm)Ambassador I’m not sure what to make of that update to a point,

There’s an elephant in the room aspect to this. The govt will not and can’t afford to fund buses, the pandemic has made buses even less popular than before which is an achievement and all that money spent on Ray Stenning PowerPoint templates was a nice try but erm…yeah nobody likes buses. It shows all the money wasted on paint jobs as the union call them and fanfare of printed timetables (popular with old people, roger french and bus enthusiasts only)  mean absolutely nothing

But, prior to the pandemic, didn't that exact approach increase passenger numbers for the first time in years?
streetdeckfan
23 Dec 2021, 10:55 pm #32

(23 Dec 2021, 10:50 pm)Ambassador I’m not sure what to make of that update to a point,

There’s an elephant in the room aspect to this. The govt will not and can’t afford to fund buses, the pandemic has made buses even less popular than before which is an achievement and all that money spent on Ray Stenning PowerPoint templates was a nice try but erm…yeah nobody likes buses. It shows all the money wasted on paint jobs as the union call them and fanfare of printed timetables (popular with old people, roger french and bus enthusiasts only)  mean absolutely nothing

But, prior to the pandemic, didn't that exact approach increase passenger numbers for the first time in years?

Ambassador

23 Dec 2021, 11:08 pm #33
(23 Dec 2021, 10:55 pm)streetdeckfan But, prior to the pandemic, didn't that exact approach increase passenger numbers for the first time in years?

It allegedly did, nobody has shared figures Tyne and Wear metro journeys were decreasing for example. 

Hence my end saddened note, I look at Huntley and Carr and all that money and resource and despair. You’d have to imagine MG would have worked wonders. The region needs an MG at the forefront of policy, an actual expert. Not Martin gannon or nick Forbes…If I’m the LA7 group, I’d be on the phone tomorrow asking how much and when can he start

Ambassador
23 Dec 2021, 11:08 pm #33

(23 Dec 2021, 10:55 pm)streetdeckfan But, prior to the pandemic, didn't that exact approach increase passenger numbers for the first time in years?

It allegedly did, nobody has shared figures Tyne and Wear metro journeys were decreasing for example. 

Hence my end saddened note, I look at Huntley and Carr and all that money and resource and despair. You’d have to imagine MG would have worked wonders. The region needs an MG at the forefront of policy, an actual expert. Not Martin gannon or nick Forbes…If I’m the LA7 group, I’d be on the phone tomorrow asking how much and when can he start

L469 YVK

24 Dec 2021, 6:17 am #34

Not if the EV bid is successful
L469 YVK
24 Dec 2021, 6:17 am #34

Not if the EV bid is successful

L469 YVK

24 Dec 2021, 6:34 am #35
(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if the X21 extension to West Auckland, and the 21 extension to Brandon will stick around. They seem like easy targets.
Might not get cut, but you might have to put up with smart seats depending on the service changes and PVRs. If the X30's / X70's remain unchanged, you should be safe. But if they do change, GNE aren't going to have 4x E400MMC sitting around Consett as spares when in theory, 6336/37 being available to only cover a PVR of 5x low height deckers would be more than ample. Not forgetting the X21 is technically using 2x intended spares to cover the increased PVR at the moment.
L469 YVK
24 Dec 2021, 6:34 am #35

(23 Dec 2021, 7:49 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if the X21 extension to West Auckland, and the 21 extension to Brandon will stick around. They seem like easy targets.
Might not get cut, but you might have to put up with smart seats depending on the service changes and PVRs. If the X30's / X70's remain unchanged, you should be safe. But if they do change, GNE aren't going to have 4x E400MMC sitting around Consett as spares when in theory, 6336/37 being available to only cover a PVR of 5x low height deckers would be more than ample. Not forgetting the X21 is technically using 2x intended spares to cover the increased PVR at the moment.

Keeiajs

24 Dec 2021, 7:27 am #36
(24 Dec 2021, 6:34 am)L469 YVK Might not get cut, but you might have to put up with smart seats depending on the service changes and PVRs. If the X30's / X70's remain unchanged, you should be safe. But if they do change, GNE aren't going to have 4x E400MMC sitting around Consett as spares when in theory, 6336/37 being available to only cover a PVR of 5x low height deckers would be more than ample. Not forgetting the X21 is technically using 2x intended spares to cover the increased PVR at the moment.
+ The two 67' Plates which are now free up, could paint them into X21's. Then keep 6335/6377

Keep 6376 a Washington with 6334.
Keeiajs
24 Dec 2021, 7:27 am #36

(24 Dec 2021, 6:34 am)L469 YVK Might not get cut, but you might have to put up with smart seats depending on the service changes and PVRs. If the X30's / X70's remain unchanged, you should be safe. But if they do change, GNE aren't going to have 4x E400MMC sitting around Consett as spares when in theory, 6336/37 being available to only cover a PVR of 5x low height deckers would be more than ample. Not forgetting the X21 is technically using 2x intended spares to cover the increased PVR at the moment.
+ The two 67' Plates which are now free up, could paint them into X21's. Then keep 6335/6377

L469 YVK

24 Dec 2021, 7:45 am #37
(24 Dec 2021, 7:27 am)Keeiajs + The two 67' Plates which are now free up, could paint them into X21's. Then keep 6335/6377

The 67 plates as in StreetDecks?

What would be the point of that if a change to the X30's / X70's meant that a low height decker was not needed on the X70's?

In a nutshell out of the 14x 2019/20 E400MMCs available (not including 6352-55), it would be a case of swapping 9x B5TLs with 9x E400MMC between CLS & Consett.

Then for spares, Consett would have 6334-35 and 6336-37 (the latter are low height should they be needed on the X30/X31). Then whatever StreetDecks are available at CLS could then used as a spare for the X21 as it doesn't need a low height decker.
L469 YVK
24 Dec 2021, 7:45 am #37

(24 Dec 2021, 7:27 am)Keeiajs + The two 67' Plates which are now free up, could paint them into X21's. Then keep 6335/6377

The 67 plates as in StreetDecks?

What would be the point of that if a change to the X30's / X70's meant that a low height decker was not needed on the X70's?

In a nutshell out of the 14x 2019/20 E400MMCs available (not including 6352-55), it would be a case of swapping 9x B5TLs with 9x E400MMC between CLS & Consett.

Then for spares, Consett would have 6334-35 and 6336-37 (the latter are low height should they be needed on the X30/X31). Then whatever StreetDecks are available at CLS could then used as a spare for the X21 as it doesn't need a low height decker.

Andreos1

24 Dec 2021, 9:10 am #38

I hate to sound like our dear Andreos …well I don’t…but at what point do you realise the problem is you

Welcome aboard the luxury coach, heading to cynicism via realism town centre and suggestion interchange

Andreos1
24 Dec 2021, 9:10 am #38

I hate to sound like our dear Andreos …well I don’t…but at what point do you realise the problem is you

Welcome aboard the luxury coach, heading to cynicism via realism town centre and suggestion interchange

morritt89

24 Dec 2021, 9:58 am #39
Having seen the internal briefing for the changes at the end of January, changes are nowhere as drastic as the last round of service changes.

However there are evening service reductions from 4th January (to last until 30th January according to the notice). Timetables are online apparently (although I haven't looked). Two things stand out for me, Nexus contract 33 (reduced to hourly) and the X22 (suspended temporarily).
morritt89
24 Dec 2021, 9:58 am #39

Having seen the internal briefing for the changes at the end of January, changes are nowhere as drastic as the last round of service changes.

However there are evening service reductions from 4th January (to last until 30th January according to the notice). Timetables are online apparently (although I haven't looked). Two things stand out for me, Nexus contract 33 (reduced to hourly) and the X22 (suspended temporarily).

L469 YVK

24 Dec 2021, 10:19 am #40
(24 Dec 2021, 9:58 am)morritt89 Having seen the internal briefing for the changes at the end of January, changes are nowhere as drastic as the last round of service changes.

Any idea of other changes without giving too much away?
L469 YVK
24 Dec 2021, 10:19 am #40

(24 Dec 2021, 9:58 am)morritt89 Having seen the internal briefing for the changes at the end of January, changes are nowhere as drastic as the last round of service changes.

Any idea of other changes without giving too much away?

Pages (26) Previous 1 2 326 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average