Jesmond Depot

67 Replies, 4234 Views

(08 Jan 2022, 11:29 pm)Bazza Wrote:

Surprised that Arriva would rely on the Metro to get its drivers to where they need to be.

I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.
(09 Jan 2022, 12:42 am)Storx Wrote: I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.
They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

GNE's Percy Main drivers do get on well with Arriva's Jesmond drivers from what I've seen when they get on.
(09 Jan 2022, 9:39 am)L469 YVK Wrote: They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

GNE's Percy Main drivers do get on well with Arriva's Jesmond drivers from what I've seen when they get on.

Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.
(09 Jan 2022, 10:56 am)Storx Wrote: Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.

Can certainly understand drivers using a choice, but would imagine there would always have to be an Arriva service to fall back on.
(08 Jan 2022, 5:12 pm)peter Wrote: So clearly not just the minibus network as rumoured.

Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

52/53/54 and 306 into Blyth.

1/2 into Ashington (maybe some X10/X11 interworking with the X21/X22 depending on what frequency they both end up at).

It could all change still, but I think keeping as much work in Newcastle as possible is the agenda.

Don't forget, Stagecoach 22 offers a road transfer option if Metro wasn't available.
(09 Jan 2022, 6:27 pm)RobinHood Wrote: Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

52/53/54 and 306 into Blyth.

1/2 into Ashington (maybe some X10/X11 interworking with the X21/X22 depending on what frequency they both end up at).

It could all change still, but I think keeping as much work in Newcastle as possible is the agenda.

Don't forget, Stagecoach 22 offers a road transfer option if Metro wasn't available.

is this speculation or information from an Arriva source?
Jesmond Metro to Haymarket is only 1 stop with a metro running pretty frequent with Metro's from both yellow and green lines. If they are to use the Metro from Chilly Road, they are less frequent and its Monument only, with either a walk from there or a change of Metro, so imo not as easy to get to Haymarket as it is now.
553 changes over at Regent Centre, with drivers told to use arriva service bus to get there, although many drivers use Metro instead. Saturday changeovers were done at Benfield Road, again drivers had to use a service bus to get there. When they had service 6, changeovers were done at Pilgrim Street, with drivers carrying their bags down Northumberland Street.

If a driver starts at Depot, they were paid to get back there, usually taking a bus back, but some duties had extra time paid to get a service bus/Metro back. If a driver started at Haymarket, and they finished service with a bus, they would leave it at Haymarket/Eldon Square