Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 135 36 3752 Next
V514DFT

18 May 2021, 8:54 am #701
Didnt Stagecoach share one of the coast services at one point

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
18 May 2021, 8:54 am #701

Didnt Stagecoach share one of the coast services at one point

Kind Regards
Tez

18 May 2021, 1:09 pm #702
(17 May 2021, 11:29 pm)Storx I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

I'd love to see GNE and Stagecoach work together and see a depot swap with Percy Main going to Stagecoach and South Shields going to GNE with the Q3 going to Stagecoach and the X34 and Western side of the 1 in return going to GNE. E's unsure who'd be better having it - not sure which end is busier.

There's way too much competition in North Tyneside and South Tyneside and merging some corridors would massively help matters especially with the Wallsend / Howdon services being under GNE, Gosforth being all Stagecoach / Arriva and the 42/42A not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Similar in South Shields it would help being able to merge Jarrow services with their respective South Shields routes and bridge connections which don't exist atm as there's 2 operators plus the Metro fighting for a small pool of passengers. You'd be much better with only GNE and letting them built a network with ASDA Boldon and Jarrow acting as hubs with South Shields.

The last thing we need is more express services to Cramlington and to the coast though by Stagecoach.

I totally agree with you there is way too much competition especially in North Tyneside. With Arriva, GNE, Metro and Stagecoach (more recently). I would definitely give the Q3 to stagecoach as its basically all areas covered by Stagecoach.  Stagecoach are slowly creeping in on North Tyneside with 22, 1 and 10/11 (from Jarrow).  

I don't know much about South Tyneside as I'm from Newcastle so I wouldn't touch it. 

If Stagecoach acquired 42/42A then that gives more links, as well as then Arriva's 43/44/45 may as well be Stagecoach's as well because 42 to Cramlington with 43, 42a to Dinnington like 44,45.
logidoodah
18 May 2021, 1:09 pm #702

(17 May 2021, 11:29 pm)Storx I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

I'd love to see GNE and Stagecoach work together and see a depot swap with Percy Main going to Stagecoach and South Shields going to GNE with the Q3 going to Stagecoach and the X34 and Western side of the 1 in return going to GNE. E's unsure who'd be better having it - not sure which end is busier.

There's way too much competition in North Tyneside and South Tyneside and merging some corridors would massively help matters especially with the Wallsend / Howdon services being under GNE, Gosforth being all Stagecoach / Arriva and the 42/42A not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Similar in South Shields it would help being able to merge Jarrow services with their respective South Shields routes and bridge connections which don't exist atm as there's 2 operators plus the Metro fighting for a small pool of passengers. You'd be much better with only GNE and letting them built a network with ASDA Boldon and Jarrow acting as hubs with South Shields.

The last thing we need is more express services to Cramlington and to the coast though by Stagecoach.

I totally agree with you there is way too much competition especially in North Tyneside. With Arriva, GNE, Metro and Stagecoach (more recently). I would definitely give the Q3 to stagecoach as its basically all areas covered by Stagecoach.  Stagecoach are slowly creeping in on North Tyneside with 22, 1 and 10/11 (from Jarrow).  

I don't know much about South Tyneside as I'm from Newcastle so I wouldn't touch it. 

If Stagecoach acquired 42/42A then that gives more links, as well as then Arriva's 43/44/45 may as well be Stagecoach's as well because 42 to Cramlington with 43, 42a to Dinnington like 44,45.

V514DFT

18 May 2021, 1:20 pm #703
The Q1 and Q2 used to be Stagecoach services if i remember rightly, and the Q3 was aswell in way but in the form of the 34 and 35

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
18 May 2021, 1:20 pm #703

The Q1 and Q2 used to be Stagecoach services if i remember rightly, and the Q3 was aswell in way but in the form of the 34 and 35

Kind Regards
Tez

18 May 2021, 1:30 pm #704
(18 May 2021, 1:20 pm)V514DFT The Q1 and Q2 used to be Stagecoach services if i remember rightly, and the Q3 was aswell in way but in the form of the 34 and 35

oh yeah thats right
logidoodah
18 May 2021, 1:30 pm #704

(18 May 2021, 1:20 pm)V514DFT The Q1 and Q2 used to be Stagecoach services if i remember rightly, and the Q3 was aswell in way but in the form of the 34 and 35

oh yeah thats right

Rob44

18 May 2021, 1:42 pm #705
run by stagecoach on behalf of nexus with the original electric buses
Rob44
18 May 2021, 1:42 pm #705

run by stagecoach on behalf of nexus with the original electric buses

18 May 2021, 2:33 pm #706
Tbh seeing stagecoach on the 42/42A would give stagecoach a push. But the thing is and question. Do we want another bus way. Go North east pulled out of the Cobalt very much with the 42/42A when it was cut alongside the 58X when that existed amongst others. Stagecoach pushing into other territory is a good thing but is it gonna be good in the long run. Arriva 43/44/45 nah I can't see that leaving arriva. There arriva little baby's. After all the cuts to service they did round Dudley and Cramlington amongst other places the 43/44/45 have not changed a single bit. The only major part they changed was stopping the 44 going to Morpeth. Extend the 45 to Dinnington and the 43 going to Morpeth. There the biggest money makers ever. Arriva would never hand that over. Bit like stagecoach would never hand there own routes over to other companies
Micheal Aaron
18 May 2021, 2:33 pm #706

Tbh seeing stagecoach on the 42/42A would give stagecoach a push. But the thing is and question. Do we want another bus way. Go North east pulled out of the Cobalt very much with the 42/42A when it was cut alongside the 58X when that existed amongst others. Stagecoach pushing into other territory is a good thing but is it gonna be good in the long run. Arriva 43/44/45 nah I can't see that leaving arriva. There arriva little baby's. After all the cuts to service they did round Dudley and Cramlington amongst other places the 43/44/45 have not changed a single bit. The only major part they changed was stopping the 44 going to Morpeth. Extend the 45 to Dinnington and the 43 going to Morpeth. There the biggest money makers ever. Arriva would never hand that over. Bit like stagecoach would never hand there own routes over to other companies

18 May 2021, 2:35 pm #707
Could the X24/X34 be extended to Eldon Square instead of an obscure bus stop on Pilgrim Street?

Stagecoach are definitely creeping into North Tyneside more with the 1, 10/11 and 22 (12 and 40 has always served Wallsend I believe, and their used to be the 18). GNE might lose North Tyneside in the future if Stagecoach decide to run a service to Whitley Bay and North Shields.

Possibly a Quayside service and Newcastle to Cramlington service could be introduced my Stagecoach?
OrangeArrow49
18 May 2021, 2:35 pm #707

Could the X24/X34 be extended to Eldon Square instead of an obscure bus stop on Pilgrim Street?

Stagecoach are definitely creeping into North Tyneside more with the 1, 10/11 and 22 (12 and 40 has always served Wallsend I believe, and their used to be the 18). GNE might lose North Tyneside in the future if Stagecoach decide to run a service to Whitley Bay and North Shields.

Possibly a Quayside service and Newcastle to Cramlington service could be introduced my Stagecoach?

18 May 2021, 2:43 pm #708
(18 May 2021, 2:35 pm)OrangeArrow49 Could the X24/X34 be extended to Eldon Square instead of an obscure bus stop on Pilgrim Street?

Yea I don't fear gne losing North Tyneside. I know it will happen. GNE have never been big where I live only running the 17 then the 42 then the 42A. So yea not the biggest. Apart from Bargin bus being Apart from some routes
Micheal Aaron
18 May 2021, 2:43 pm #708

(18 May 2021, 2:35 pm)OrangeArrow49 Could the X24/X34 be extended to Eldon Square instead of an obscure bus stop on Pilgrim Street?

Yea I don't fear gne losing North Tyneside. I know it will happen. GNE have never been big where I live only running the 17 then the 42 then the 42A. So yea not the biggest. Apart from Bargin bus being Apart from some routes

V514DFT

18 May 2021, 3:12 pm #709

Thankyou,im glad you suggested it, i was thinking exactly the same thing,i do recall when i was little (some 25 years ago) that the X34 used to terminate at Haymarket Bus Station (think it was Stand P or Q),dunno when it was moved to Pilgrim Street

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
18 May 2021, 3:12 pm #709

Thankyou,im glad you suggested it, i was thinking exactly the same thing,i do recall when i was little (some 25 years ago) that the X34 used to terminate at Haymarket Bus Station (think it was Stand P or Q),dunno when it was moved to Pilgrim Street

Kind Regards
Tez

Rob44

18 May 2021, 3:53 pm #710
Stagecoach dont like paying the fees to use bus station - exactly why they don't stop in Gateshead metro and do at the back of Tesco
Rob44
18 May 2021, 3:53 pm #710

Stagecoach dont like paying the fees to use bus station - exactly why they don't stop in Gateshead metro and do at the back of Tesco

V514DFT

18 May 2021, 4:04 pm #711
(18 May 2021, 3:53 pm)Rob44 Stagecoach dont like paying the fees to use bus station - exactly why they don't stop in Gateshead metro and do at the back of Tesco
So its a classic case of greed

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
18 May 2021, 4:04 pm #711

(18 May 2021, 3:53 pm)Rob44 Stagecoach dont like paying the fees to use bus station - exactly why they don't stop in Gateshead metro and do at the back of Tesco
So its a classic case of greed

Kind Regards
Tez

Rob44

18 May 2021, 4:06 pm #712
(18 May 2021, 4:04 pm)V514DFT So its a classic case of greed

You would have to ask stagecoach that. Maybe they think the fees are too high or could be the difference between the service breaking even or losing money..... but your probably correct LOL
Rob44
18 May 2021, 4:06 pm #712

(18 May 2021, 4:04 pm)V514DFT So its a classic case of greed

You would have to ask stagecoach that. Maybe they think the fees are too high or could be the difference between the service breaking even or losing money..... but your probably correct LOL

idiot

18 May 2021, 4:19 pm #713
Yeah they pulled out of park Lane bar x1.
idiot
18 May 2021, 4:19 pm #713

Yeah they pulled out of park Lane bar x1.

LVK 404L

18 May 2021, 4:22 pm #714

Stagecoach won't introduce a Quayside Service as long as we have Quaylink and Quaycity.  They withdrew the City Sightseeing franchise which GNE have more or less replaced with Toon Tour.  As I stated before they have already trialled Newcastle to Cramlington with the X43 which did not last long.
LVK 404L
18 May 2021, 4:22 pm #714

Stagecoach won't introduce a Quayside Service as long as we have Quaylink and Quaycity.  They withdrew the City Sightseeing franchise which GNE have more or less replaced with Toon Tour.  As I stated before they have already trialled Newcastle to Cramlington with the X43 which did not last long.

citaro5284

18 May 2021, 5:23 pm #715
(18 May 2021, 7:30 am)ifm001 Don't forget though. GNE pulled out of South Shields back in 2005 and crucified their network of routes as a result leaving just a handful of services. 

Stagecoach did operate Newcastle to Cramlington. Think it was the X43 if I remember correctly.

It was, and that was brought in when Hunters (by then under Northumbria or Arriva control), extended their 365 and/or 366 into Newcastle from Freeman Hospital.
citaro5284
18 May 2021, 5:23 pm #715

(18 May 2021, 7:30 am)ifm001 Don't forget though. GNE pulled out of South Shields back in 2005 and crucified their network of routes as a result leaving just a handful of services. 

Stagecoach did operate Newcastle to Cramlington. Think it was the X43 if I remember correctly.

It was, and that was brought in when Hunters (by then under Northumbria or Arriva control), extended their 365 and/or 366 into Newcastle from Freeman Hospital.

Storx

18 May 2021, 8:16 pm #716
(18 May 2021, 3:41 am)Economic505 The E services and the X34 run from Sunderland depot. Besides, I would nt let GNE near the E services especially. These services have been stable for years. If GNE got them, they would be renumbered, rerouted , rebranded countless times!!

Yeah agreed tbh, it's why I left them off. Whitburn down is Stagecoach territory anyway and a little bit of competition doesn't hurt.

Yeah I didn't forget dw.

(18 May 2021, 2:33 pm)Micheal Aaron Tbh seeing stagecoach on the 42/42A would give stagecoach a push. But the thing is and question. Do we want another bus way. Go North east pulled out of the Cobalt very much with the 42/42A when it was cut alongside the 58X when that existed amongst others. Stagecoach pushing into other territory is a good thing but is it gonna be good in the long run. Arriva 43/44/45 nah I can't see that leaving arriva. There arriva little baby's. After all the cuts to service they did round Dudley and Cramlington amongst other places the 43/44/45 have not changed a single bit. The only major part they changed was stopping the 44 going to Morpeth. Extend the 45 to Dinnington and the 43 going to Morpeth. There the biggest money makers ever. Arriva would never hand that over. Bit like stagecoach would never hand there own routes over to other companies

It wouldn't really cause those problems though as you'd just be swapping GNE to Stagecoach so North Tyneside would only have Stagecoach, Arriva and the Metro instead of Stagecoach, Arriva, GNE and the Metro. It's to help the problem your mentioning rather than making it worse.

The 42/42A is more in Stagecoach's territory anyway tbh. South of Killingworth it's pretty much all Stagecoach territory especially in Forest Hall with the 62/63 and Quorum. The other extreme of the route the Airport to Kingston Park section is also all Stagecoach territory. The rest of the route Killingworth to Dinnington is more Arriva territory where it's the only bus GNE operates. It's also doesn't connect to any other GNE services anywhere on it's route so day tickets are useless so it's just expensive hence it struggles. Least if it was Stagecoach you'd open up connections like Annitsford to Heaton / Byker for example with a quick change at Killingworth on a day ticket etc.
Storx
18 May 2021, 8:16 pm #716

(18 May 2021, 3:41 am)Economic505 The E services and the X34 run from Sunderland depot. Besides, I would nt let GNE near the E services especially. These services have been stable for years. If GNE got them, they would be renumbered, rerouted , rebranded countless times!!

Yeah agreed tbh, it's why I left them off. Whitburn down is Stagecoach territory anyway and a little bit of competition doesn't hurt.

Yeah I didn't forget dw.

(18 May 2021, 2:33 pm)Micheal Aaron Tbh seeing stagecoach on the 42/42A would give stagecoach a push. But the thing is and question. Do we want another bus way. Go North east pulled out of the Cobalt very much with the 42/42A when it was cut alongside the 58X when that existed amongst others. Stagecoach pushing into other territory is a good thing but is it gonna be good in the long run. Arriva 43/44/45 nah I can't see that leaving arriva. There arriva little baby's. After all the cuts to service they did round Dudley and Cramlington amongst other places the 43/44/45 have not changed a single bit. The only major part they changed was stopping the 44 going to Morpeth. Extend the 45 to Dinnington and the 43 going to Morpeth. There the biggest money makers ever. Arriva would never hand that over. Bit like stagecoach would never hand there own routes over to other companies

It wouldn't really cause those problems though as you'd just be swapping GNE to Stagecoach so North Tyneside would only have Stagecoach, Arriva and the Metro instead of Stagecoach, Arriva, GNE and the Metro. It's to help the problem your mentioning rather than making it worse.

The 42/42A is more in Stagecoach's territory anyway tbh. South of Killingworth it's pretty much all Stagecoach territory especially in Forest Hall with the 62/63 and Quorum. The other extreme of the route the Airport to Kingston Park section is also all Stagecoach territory. The rest of the route Killingworth to Dinnington is more Arriva territory where it's the only bus GNE operates. It's also doesn't connect to any other GNE services anywhere on it's route so day tickets are useless so it's just expensive hence it struggles. Least if it was Stagecoach you'd open up connections like Annitsford to Heaton / Byker for example with a quick change at Killingworth on a day ticket etc.

18 May 2021, 8:26 pm #717
Yea. I want gne to stop operating the 42/42A they threw it away when it was handed to gct. Sorry to say it
Micheal Aaron
18 May 2021, 8:26 pm #717

Yea. I want gne to stop operating the 42/42A they threw it away when it was handed to gct. Sorry to say it

V514DFT

18 May 2021, 9:21 pm #718
The 41 and 42/42A are an absolute hash now anyway,another case of fixing something that didnt need fixing

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
18 May 2021, 9:21 pm #718

The 41 and 42/42A are an absolute hash now anyway,another case of fixing something that didnt need fixing

Kind Regards
Tez

26 May 2021, 12:14 am #719
1A/1B (no changes, just have Slatyford (1A) and Benwell (1B) to differentiate them)
12: Fenham - Walker (as now)
13: Throckley - Wallsend (via West Denton and Fenham)
Both running the 22 route through Byker (and Wallsend for service 13)
Service 22 running existing 12 route though Wallsend and Byker

I still think X47 could serve Gosforth and Great Park, before terminating at Kingston Park. X87 should take Stamfordham Road and X88 Ponteland Road, withdraw the 87.

Hopefully GNE doesn't give up on North Tyneside entirely. Stagecoach could introduce a new service to North Shields.
OrangeArrow49
26 May 2021, 12:14 am #719

1A/1B (no changes, just have Slatyford (1A) and Benwell (1B) to differentiate them)
12: Fenham - Walker (as now)
13: Throckley - Wallsend (via West Denton and Fenham)
Both running the 22 route through Byker (and Wallsend for service 13)
Service 22 running existing 12 route though Wallsend and Byker

I still think X47 could serve Gosforth and Great Park, before terminating at Kingston Park. X87 should take Stamfordham Road and X88 Ponteland Road, withdraw the 87.

Hopefully GNE doesn't give up on North Tyneside entirely. Stagecoach could introduce a new service to North Shields.

Adrian

26 May 2021, 8:12 am #720

I'd say Pilgrim Street provides a more central point for passengers than terminating at Eldon Square or Haymarket would. You're about equal distance from everything in terms of shopping.

If I was Stagecoach, I wouldn't stop at Gateshead Metro either. It's only likely to be used by those doing the Metrocentre via the X66, and bare in mind Stagecoach run their own Metrocentre service from Newcastle. 

If they were attracting Metrocentre customers, they'd be conceding that those customers go for Day Rovers instead, which means Stagecoach only get a small proportion of the fare. Whereas they get 100% of the commercial day ticket that can be used on X24/100. 

Not great, but that is the world we live in, until we get something like EPs.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 May 2021, 8:12 am #720

I'd say Pilgrim Street provides a more central point for passengers than terminating at Eldon Square or Haymarket would. You're about equal distance from everything in terms of shopping.

If I was Stagecoach, I wouldn't stop at Gateshead Metro either. It's only likely to be used by those doing the Metrocentre via the X66, and bare in mind Stagecoach run their own Metrocentre service from Newcastle. 

If they were attracting Metrocentre customers, they'd be conceding that those customers go for Day Rovers instead, which means Stagecoach only get a small proportion of the fare. Whereas they get 100% of the commercial day ticket that can be used on X24/100. 

Not great, but that is the world we live in, until we get something like EPs.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (52) Previous 135 36 3752 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average