Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 134 35 3652 Next
Storx

16 May 2021, 6:17 pm #681
(16 May 2021, 11:28 am)OrangeArrow49 I don't think (personally) Arriva's 46 is as well known as the QuayCity Q3, although I believe it was established first. As Stagecoach operate two services to Kingston Park (6 and X47) and four services to Gosforth (7, 30, 31 and 35) they seem most logical to serve Great Park, although competition is most welcome. Could Stagecoach extend a service to Great Park?

My suggestion would be run the X47 Eldon Square - Gosforth - Fawdon - Great Park and send the 30 and 31 from City Centre - Cowgate - Kingston Park and extend the 6 to Great Park.

Is this a joke?

The X47 is a 15 minute bus service giving a quick bus route to Kingston Park hence e'X'press. The 30/31 is a 7.5 minute bus service serving numerous places in Gosforth and stopping at all stops hence the no e'X'press. Also you can't 'extend' a bus route which doesn't terminate there and it's not as if you can just force the 6 to go there without a 15 minute+ diversion.

If any service was to be diverted through the Great Park it should be the 42A (Nexus), it might actually make the route have some sense giving a connection for Dinnington, Seaton Burn etc to a Morrisons. For those wanting a bus to Kingston Park send the Tesco bus (T3) through it's more than enough.
Storx
16 May 2021, 6:17 pm #681

(16 May 2021, 11:28 am)OrangeArrow49 I don't think (personally) Arriva's 46 is as well known as the QuayCity Q3, although I believe it was established first. As Stagecoach operate two services to Kingston Park (6 and X47) and four services to Gosforth (7, 30, 31 and 35) they seem most logical to serve Great Park, although competition is most welcome. Could Stagecoach extend a service to Great Park?

My suggestion would be run the X47 Eldon Square - Gosforth - Fawdon - Great Park and send the 30 and 31 from City Centre - Cowgate - Kingston Park and extend the 6 to Great Park.

Is this a joke?

The X47 is a 15 minute bus service giving a quick bus route to Kingston Park hence e'X'press. The 30/31 is a 7.5 minute bus service serving numerous places in Gosforth and stopping at all stops hence the no e'X'press. Also you can't 'extend' a bus route which doesn't terminate there and it's not as if you can just force the 6 to go there without a 15 minute+ diversion.

If any service was to be diverted through the Great Park it should be the 42A (Nexus), it might actually make the route have some sense giving a connection for Dinnington, Seaton Burn etc to a Morrisons. For those wanting a bus to Kingston Park send the Tesco bus (T3) through it's more than enough.

16 May 2021, 7:19 pm #682
(16 May 2021, 6:17 pm)Storx Is this a joke?

For the love of God stop making the 42A. Jesus the routes long enough. Then again it would put a decker bus on it
Micheal Aaron
16 May 2021, 7:19 pm #682

(16 May 2021, 6:17 pm)Storx Is this a joke?

For the love of God stop making the 42A. Jesus the routes long enough. Then again it would put a decker bus on it

V514DFT

16 May 2021, 7:34 pm #683
(16 May 2021, 7:19 pm)Micheal Aaron For the love of God stop making the 42A. Jesus the routes long enough. Then again it would put a decker bus on it
I actually see merit in the 42A,you got to remember,it isnt as long as it once was since it got sliced to only go as far as Wallsend,personally i'd introduce the X79 full time,and have that serve Great Park,that way the X77/X78 wouldnt need to be touched, have it as a 30 minute frequency to start with to see how it go's

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 May 2021, 7:34 pm #683

(16 May 2021, 7:19 pm)Micheal Aaron For the love of God stop making the 42A. Jesus the routes long enough. Then again it would put a decker bus on it
I actually see merit in the 42A,you got to remember,it isnt as long as it once was since it got sliced to only go as far as Wallsend,personally i'd introduce the X79 full time,and have that serve Great Park,that way the X77/X78 wouldnt need to be touched, have it as a 30 minute frequency to start with to see how it go's

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

16 May 2021, 7:38 pm #684

No-one travels end to end so it makes no difference how long the route is. Apart from Hazlerigg, I doubt anyone would complain about the 5 minute diversion to serve somewhere which actually has something at it ie. Morrisons especially for the likes of Dinnington.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.05326...55!1m0!3e0

It's not exactly much of a diversion, the 6 diversion suggested was much worse.
Storx
16 May 2021, 7:38 pm #684

No-one travels end to end so it makes no difference how long the route is. Apart from Hazlerigg, I doubt anyone would complain about the 5 minute diversion to serve somewhere which actually has something at it ie. Morrisons especially for the likes of Dinnington.

16 May 2021, 8:05 pm #685
(16 May 2021, 7:38 pm)Storx No-one travels end to end so it makes no difference how long the route is. Apart from Hazlerigg, I doubt anyone would complain about the 5 minute diversion to serve somewhere which actually has something at it ie. Morrisons especially for the likes of Dinnington.

I've said before, I travel end to end from Wallsend to Kingston Park on the 42A, so please kindly refrain from saying "no-one" as that is saying I am no-one. GNE services are very limited in my area, so the 42A is a lifeline sometimes. Extending the service to Great Park makes sense in theory, but Kingston Park is already quite far away from GNE's 'traditional' operating area. Great Park doesn't seem likely for the 42A, which is Nexus contracted and run by GCT on evenings and Sundays currently. 

My thoughts were regarding Stagecoach creating a new link, if territories allow it and it would be viable. Morrisons / new shops at Great Park could lead to a new or extended / diverted service, but equally it might not.

Of course the 6 wouldn't be an option, I got confused. X47 and 30/31 re-routed and re-timed could work.
OrangeArrow49
16 May 2021, 8:05 pm #685

(16 May 2021, 7:38 pm)Storx No-one travels end to end so it makes no difference how long the route is. Apart from Hazlerigg, I doubt anyone would complain about the 5 minute diversion to serve somewhere which actually has something at it ie. Morrisons especially for the likes of Dinnington.

I've said before, I travel end to end from Wallsend to Kingston Park on the 42A, so please kindly refrain from saying "no-one" as that is saying I am no-one. GNE services are very limited in my area, so the 42A is a lifeline sometimes. Extending the service to Great Park makes sense in theory, but Kingston Park is already quite far away from GNE's 'traditional' operating area. Great Park doesn't seem likely for the 42A, which is Nexus contracted and run by GCT on evenings and Sundays currently. 

My thoughts were regarding Stagecoach creating a new link, if territories allow it and it would be viable. Morrisons / new shops at Great Park could lead to a new or extended / diverted service, but equally it might not.

Of course the 6 wouldn't be an option, I got confused. X47 and 30/31 re-routed and re-timed could work.

Storx

16 May 2021, 8:16 pm #686
(16 May 2021, 8:05 pm)OrangeArrow49 I've said before, I travel end to end from Wallsend to Kingston Park on the 42A, so please kindly refrain from saying "no-one" as that is saying I am no-one. GNE services are very limited in my area, so the 42A is a lifeline sometimes. Extending the service to Great Park makes sense in theory, but Kingston Park is already quite far away from GNE's 'traditional' operating area. Great Park doesn't seem likely for the 42A, which is Nexus contracted and run by GCT on evenings and Sundays currently. 

*very very very few, lucky if it's 1 a day then Tongue

My theory about the 42A is more the opposite way round and it's that the Great Park is GNE's operating area so you might get people from travelling from it. Can't imagine there'll be many going the opposite direction as Kingston Park already has everything you need.

You're also giving Wide Open and Dinnington and the areas around a connection to the Great Park which arguably are the people who will be the customers using the Morrison's there and there's no way of getting there other than getting the 43/44/45 and changing back onto the Q3 which would be expensive.

Unless the Morrison's is special in some form of way can't imagine there'll be much demand from the West End as you already have Cowgate and West Denton which they can get to already but I could be wrong.
Storx
16 May 2021, 8:16 pm #686

(16 May 2021, 8:05 pm)OrangeArrow49 I've said before, I travel end to end from Wallsend to Kingston Park on the 42A, so please kindly refrain from saying "no-one" as that is saying I am no-one. GNE services are very limited in my area, so the 42A is a lifeline sometimes. Extending the service to Great Park makes sense in theory, but Kingston Park is already quite far away from GNE's 'traditional' operating area. Great Park doesn't seem likely for the 42A, which is Nexus contracted and run by GCT on evenings and Sundays currently. 

*very very very few, lucky if it's 1 a day then Tongue

My theory about the 42A is more the opposite way round and it's that the Great Park is GNE's operating area so you might get people from travelling from it. Can't imagine there'll be many going the opposite direction as Kingston Park already has everything you need.

You're also giving Wide Open and Dinnington and the areas around a connection to the Great Park which arguably are the people who will be the customers using the Morrison's there and there's no way of getting there other than getting the 43/44/45 and changing back onto the Q3 which would be expensive.

Unless the Morrison's is special in some form of way can't imagine there'll be much demand from the West End as you already have Cowgate and West Denton which they can get to already but I could be wrong.

16 May 2021, 8:24 pm #687
(16 May 2021, 11:58 am)OrangeArrow49 Ah, yes I forgot about the X40. The 46 and Q3 now serve Great Park. Does the Great Park tender expire or was it permanently awarded to GNE? Stagecoach operating to Great Park in the future would be a great addition, especially with Morrisons and other new shops opening there in 2022/23.

I know that Q3 is originally GNE however apart from Wallsend, City Centre and Regent Centre (33/A, no one uses it soo many other services that are quicker) there are no other GNE services, so seems a bit pointless them running it, give it to Stagecoach (for better connectivity) or Arriva (links with nearby services better, for ticketing as well). 
I only get the Q3 to work as it's cheaper for me than the rest of the Arriva ones. (That's when I don't cycle.)
(16 May 2021, 1:05 pm)V514DFT Why stop at just one Express,could one not also be pulled in from the other side of the park,possibly the X79

The X79 is only one journey a day (each way) from Eldon Square - Kirkley Hall - Eldon Square (journey is already long enough and interworks with X77/X78)

(16 May 2021, 7:34 pm)V514DFT I actually see merit in the 42A,you got to remember,it isnt as long as it once was since it got sliced to only go as far as Wallsend,personally i'd introduce the X79 full time,and have that serve Great Park,that way the X77/X78 wouldnt need to be touched, have it as a 30 minute frequency to start with to see how it go's

If that were to happen which service would serve Kirkley Hall?? Also it wouldn't make sense for it to be called X79 when it follows a totally different route to X77/X78.
logidoodah
16 May 2021, 8:24 pm #687

(16 May 2021, 11:58 am)OrangeArrow49 Ah, yes I forgot about the X40. The 46 and Q3 now serve Great Park. Does the Great Park tender expire or was it permanently awarded to GNE? Stagecoach operating to Great Park in the future would be a great addition, especially with Morrisons and other new shops opening there in 2022/23.

I know that Q3 is originally GNE however apart from Wallsend, City Centre and Regent Centre (33/A, no one uses it soo many other services that are quicker) there are no other GNE services, so seems a bit pointless them running it, give it to Stagecoach (for better connectivity) or Arriva (links with nearby services better, for ticketing as well). 
I only get the Q3 to work as it's cheaper for me than the rest of the Arriva ones. (That's when I don't cycle.)
(16 May 2021, 1:05 pm)V514DFT Why stop at just one Express,could one not also be pulled in from the other side of the park,possibly the X79

The X79 is only one journey a day (each way) from Eldon Square - Kirkley Hall - Eldon Square (journey is already long enough and interworks with X77/X78)

(16 May 2021, 7:34 pm)V514DFT I actually see merit in the 42A,you got to remember,it isnt as long as it once was since it got sliced to only go as far as Wallsend,personally i'd introduce the X79 full time,and have that serve Great Park,that way the X77/X78 wouldnt need to be touched, have it as a 30 minute frequency to start with to see how it go's

If that were to happen which service would serve Kirkley Hall?? Also it wouldn't make sense for it to be called X79 when it follows a totally different route to X77/X78.

16 May 2021, 8:26 pm #688
(16 May 2021, 8:16 pm)Storx *very very very few, lucky if it's 1 a day then Tongue

Fair enough. I rarely use it, but when I do it's a real lifeline it's available. Extending it to Great Park wouldn't affect me too much. I agree it makes sense linking it with GNE's operating area. 

New links for Wideopen and Dinnington is a good point, if they would make use of it. 

Morrisons will need staff at Great Park, not just customers. So a bus from the West End might be useful for staff to get there.
OrangeArrow49
16 May 2021, 8:26 pm #688

(16 May 2021, 8:16 pm)Storx *very very very few, lucky if it's 1 a day then Tongue

Fair enough. I rarely use it, but when I do it's a real lifeline it's available. Extending it to Great Park wouldn't affect me too much. I agree it makes sense linking it with GNE's operating area. 

New links for Wideopen and Dinnington is a good point, if they would make use of it. 

Morrisons will need staff at Great Park, not just customers. So a bus from the West End might be useful for staff to get there.

17 May 2021, 12:14 pm #689
Are Stagecoach able to extend their network if they want to? Great Park, Team Valley and Washington Galleries extensions would be good new links.
OrangeArrow49
17 May 2021, 12:14 pm #689

Are Stagecoach able to extend their network if they want to? Great Park, Team Valley and Washington Galleries extensions would be good new links.

Rob44

17 May 2021, 6:09 pm #690
stagecoach encroaching on GNE territory.... Be some good photo ops of a bargain bus racing a magic bus to the next fare paying passenger on the route!
Rob44
17 May 2021, 6:09 pm #690

stagecoach encroaching on GNE territory.... Be some good photo ops of a bargain bus racing a magic bus to the next fare paying passenger on the route!

17 May 2021, 6:16 pm #691
That won't stop stagecoach. Look at there cobalt extention
Micheal Aaron
17 May 2021, 6:16 pm #691

That won't stop stagecoach. Look at there cobalt extention

Rob44

17 May 2021, 6:22 pm #692
Good point.... but i remember when GNE tried to take the coast road and arriva retaliated by running against the 53/54. A Great photo ops low fares. then further back when satgecoach ran the magic buses against " welcome buses" i think.
Rob44
17 May 2021, 6:22 pm #692

Good point.... but i remember when GNE tried to take the coast road and arriva retaliated by running against the 53/54. A Great photo ops low fares. then further back when satgecoach ran the magic buses against " welcome buses" i think.

17 May 2021, 6:24 pm #693
I'd love to see stagecoach out further. I mean granted its a school bus. But seeing a full time stagecoach route through Annitsford into Cramlington would do good for business I think
Micheal Aaron
17 May 2021, 6:24 pm #693

I'd love to see stagecoach out further. I mean granted its a school bus. But seeing a full time stagecoach route through Annitsford into Cramlington would do good for business I think

GNE6312

17 May 2021, 8:24 pm #694
(17 May 2021, 6:24 pm)Micheal Aaron I'd love to see stagecoach out further. I mean granted its a school bus. But seeing a full time stagecoach route through Annitsford into Cramlington would do good for business I think

Maybe extend the X63 to Cramlington?
GNE6312
17 May 2021, 8:24 pm #694

(17 May 2021, 6:24 pm)Micheal Aaron I'd love to see stagecoach out further. I mean granted its a school bus. But seeing a full time stagecoach route through Annitsford into Cramlington would do good for business I think

Maybe extend the X63 to Cramlington?

17 May 2021, 8:31 pm #695
(17 May 2021, 8:24 pm)GNE6312 Maybe extend the X63 to Cramlington?
That would make a way faster connecting to Newcastle rather than the Arriva (if you can call it) X8
Micheal Aaron
17 May 2021, 8:31 pm #695

(17 May 2021, 8:24 pm)GNE6312 Maybe extend the X63 to Cramlington?
That would make a way faster connecting to Newcastle rather than the Arriva (if you can call it) X8

V514DFT

17 May 2021, 8:52 pm #696
How would that work though,you'd be better off leaving the X63 alone and create a new route,theres probably a few places that would benefit from an Express tbf

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
17 May 2021, 8:52 pm #696

How would that work though,you'd be better off leaving the X63 alone and create a new route,theres probably a few places that would benefit from an Express tbf

Kind Regards
Tez

17 May 2021, 11:16 pm #697
Looking at the Bygone Era, I see the 47 to Kingston Park used to go via Gosforth High Street and Regent Centre. So the X47 could run Eldon Square - Gosforth - Regent Centre - Fawdon - Kingston Park - Great Park. Service X77, X78 and X79 continue via Ponteland Road, send X87 and X88 via Stamfordham Road to Newbiggin Hall. Maybe the X63 could run from Cowgate - Newbiggin Hall - South Gosforth - Killingworth. Stagecoach could get ambitious and run to Washington Galleries, Team Valley and Cramlington. As I'm a Go North East customer, Stagecoach's network makes little difference to me to be honest, but it would be interesting to see them introduce some new extensions.
OrangeArrow49
17 May 2021, 11:16 pm #697

Looking at the Bygone Era, I see the 47 to Kingston Park used to go via Gosforth High Street and Regent Centre. So the X47 could run Eldon Square - Gosforth - Regent Centre - Fawdon - Kingston Park - Great Park. Service X77, X78 and X79 continue via Ponteland Road, send X87 and X88 via Stamfordham Road to Newbiggin Hall. Maybe the X63 could run from Cowgate - Newbiggin Hall - South Gosforth - Killingworth. Stagecoach could get ambitious and run to Washington Galleries, Team Valley and Cramlington. As I'm a Go North East customer, Stagecoach's network makes little difference to me to be honest, but it would be interesting to see them introduce some new extensions.

Storx

17 May 2021, 11:29 pm #698
I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

I'd love to see GNE and Stagecoach work together and see a depot swap with Percy Main going to Stagecoach and South Shields going to GNE with the Q3 going to Stagecoach and the X34 and Western side of the 1 in return going to GNE. E's unsure who'd be better having it - not sure which end is busier.

There's way too much competition in North Tyneside and South Tyneside and merging some corridors would massively help matters especially with the Wallsend / Howdon services being under GNE, Gosforth being all Stagecoach / Arriva and the 42/42A not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Similar in South Shields it would help being able to merge Jarrow services with their respective South Shields routes and bridge connections which don't exist atm as there's 2 operators plus the Metro fighting for a small pool of passengers. You'd be much better with only GNE and letting them built a network with ASDA Boldon and Jarrow acting as hubs with South Shields.

The last thing we need is more express services to Cramlington and to the coast though by Stagecoach.
Storx
17 May 2021, 11:29 pm #698

I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

I'd love to see GNE and Stagecoach work together and see a depot swap with Percy Main going to Stagecoach and South Shields going to GNE with the Q3 going to Stagecoach and the X34 and Western side of the 1 in return going to GNE. E's unsure who'd be better having it - not sure which end is busier.

There's way too much competition in North Tyneside and South Tyneside and merging some corridors would massively help matters especially with the Wallsend / Howdon services being under GNE, Gosforth being all Stagecoach / Arriva and the 42/42A not sticking out like a sore thumb.

Similar in South Shields it would help being able to merge Jarrow services with their respective South Shields routes and bridge connections which don't exist atm as there's 2 operators plus the Metro fighting for a small pool of passengers. You'd be much better with only GNE and letting them built a network with ASDA Boldon and Jarrow acting as hubs with South Shields.

The last thing we need is more express services to Cramlington and to the coast though by Stagecoach.

18 May 2021, 3:41 am #699
The E services and the X34 run from Sunderland depot. Besides, I would nt let GNE near the E services especially. These services have been stable for years. If GNE got them, they would be renumbered, rerouted , rebranded countless times!!
Economic505
18 May 2021, 3:41 am #699

The E services and the X34 run from Sunderland depot. Besides, I would nt let GNE near the E services especially. These services have been stable for years. If GNE got them, they would be renumbered, rerouted , rebranded countless times!!

LVK 404L

18 May 2021, 7:30 am #700
(17 May 2021, 11:29 pm)Storx I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

Don't forget though. GNE pulled out of South Shields back in 2005 and crucified their network of routes as a result leaving just a handful of services. 

Stagecoach did operate Newcastle to Cramlington. Think it was the X43 if I remember correctly.
LVK 404L
18 May 2021, 7:30 am #700

(17 May 2021, 11:29 pm)Storx I know it's never going to happen but if Covid did impact bus services badly.

Don't forget though. GNE pulled out of South Shields back in 2005 and crucified their network of routes as a result leaving just a handful of services. 

Stagecoach did operate Newcastle to Cramlington. Think it was the X43 if I remember correctly.

Pages (52) Previous 134 35 3652 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average