Unknown local spottings / Unknown operator questions

174 Replies, 76444 Views

(15 Jan 2014, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: That was my first thought... Though I'm not sure whether they need yet more deckers with them buying the Lothian Tridents fairly recently?

I saw/heard an ex London President the other morning and it didn't sound too healthy.

Do they still have the alx400s?

Suppose these new ones could be replacements, with the originals used as donors or they are picking up more work and need extra capacity.

Not sure who else the vehicles which have been spotted could be for.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(16 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm)GMitchelhill Wrote: Arriva London has released a number of DAF DB250 / Plaxton President to Arriva NW. If its them, I sampled one last March on a night bus and was impressed at how well it performed.

At the moment it looks very much like all of the Presidents are heading to North West... They're also starting to take Geminis at present though.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(04 Sep 2013, 6:53 am)aureolin Wrote: Something I've noticed from the ECML over the past two weeks, and I noticed we didn't really have a place for such things, hence the new thread.

On Earlsway at the North End of team valley - near the Royal Mail depot - there's what looks like a red and pale yellow vertical stripe liveried Olympian parked up. Anyone know anything about this or what it actually is?

Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.
(19 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm)MilkybarKid Wrote: Saw this today passing on the train. It looks like an atlantean to me, its in the N. E wholesale yard on Derwent Avenue off Earlsway incase anyones interested.

Cheers. Found it on Google Maps.

Anyone fancy a trip down at the weekend, in hope that the security staff will be reasonable enough to allow a quick snap? Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Visit my Buses & Beyond website. Also on Facebook.
A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.
(16 Mar 2014, 11:07 am)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote: A blue merc coach, parked in the Galleries bus link between the walk in centre and the leisure centre.
Didn't get a good look at it to id it - although there were no company names on the vehicles.

Possibly with Hunters of Tantobie as there have been reported sightings of a new blue coach in their depot.
Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.
(17 Mar 2014, 10:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote: Probably the most relevant thread to include it in.
The Sunderland AFC Delta, that tours the community - does anyone know where it is stabled overnight?

I have passed it several times on the A690 about 0830 near the Ramside Hall/West Rainton area, as it heads towards Sunderland.
Presumably, it is kept in the Durham area overnight, before heading to wherever its destination for the day.

Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022
(17 Mar 2014, 11:10 am)aureolin Wrote: Belmont according to the NEB fleet list. http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/anefle...eetno=4022

Would never have thought to have checked there, but cheers!

Edit:
Coming down the A1 tonight, was an Alx 400, decked out in Avon branding.
Guessing it was a promotional bus, which had been somewhere in the area over the course of today.

Edit: Saw the same Avon bus last night too as well as a TFL liveried Versa (smart blinded up), which was crawling up the A1 very slowly this morning.
Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.
Saw it at Heworth not too long ago.

No operator branding, other than Ukar logos
Probably some bloke running it from an estate somewhere in Middlesbrough, but saw a Karaoke mini bus tonight.

M reg Merc, possibly a Patient Transport vehicle in its past life.

Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.
(11 Apr 2014, 10:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote: Lambrini, cheap perfume, VPL's and tacky birthday/hen party badges galore behind the tinted windows I fear.

Where do I sign up? Wink
(03 Apr 2014, 6:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote: Ukar (what was Northern Rock) seem to have some sort of shuttle bus.
Saw it at Heworth not too long ago.

No operator branding, other than Ukar logos

Forgot to mention - saw this the other day.
The operator (saw the legals), is Sodexo Ltd.

It seems they have fingers in several pies - literally!
I was down Newton Aycliffe way earlier and caught the tail end of a National (would recognise that roar anywhere) heading towards Darlo on the A167.
Didn't get a proper look - but it wasn't in 'local' colours.

Moments later, it went bombing back up in the opposite direction - again, didn't get a good look.
Not expecting to see it again, it took me by surprise, to see it heading back towards Darlo.

Anyone storing/restoring one in that area?
It sounded great.
Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

(20 Sep 2014, 9:22 pm)tyresmoke Wrote: Wasn't one of Steve Foster's two was it? I see he was out doing a wedding today, with CKB166X

Sod the Limo. I'd turn up at my wedding in a National any day of the week. Smile
@tyresmoke Ah, forgot about those. It looks like it could be the cream/white one. Not sure on engines, but it sounded like a raspy engined National, rather than the front engined ones.

@aureolin Hopefully NEB members will get back row seats on the bus and an invite to the wedding? Wink
Does anyone know what's happened to astley of ashington haven't seen any buses from them lately
The Vario KP52UFL is often parked outside a house somewhere on the X22 route