Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators TransDev Group

TransDev Group

TransDev Group

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
26 Feb 2023, 11:09 am #21
(24 Feb 2023, 4:04 pm)Unber43 Idk, I think some of his liveries do create "desire" I quite like the Xlines Livery and it would make me get the bus as its a nice presentation, it has some great features. 

However say it was in a bad livery (e.g arriva frequenta), or it had poor seats no headrests, no features I would be less inclined to go on it. But one thing annoys be about Creative Desire is that they make some boring/ none-cared for liveries e.g Coaster, EGRider
I thought MG took the credit for creating the Xlines livery (or at least the concept) all by himself?

Far too much effort went into the design for it to have come out of Best Impressions!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
26 Feb 2023, 11:09 am #21

(24 Feb 2023, 4:04 pm)Unber43 Idk, I think some of his liveries do create "desire" I quite like the Xlines Livery and it would make me get the bus as its a nice presentation, it has some great features. 

However say it was in a bad livery (e.g arriva frequenta), or it had poor seats no headrests, no features I would be less inclined to go on it. But one thing annoys be about Creative Desire is that they make some boring/ none-cared for liveries e.g Coaster, EGRider
I thought MG took the credit for creating the Xlines livery (or at least the concept) all by himself?

Far too much effort went into the design for it to have come out of Best Impressions!

Unber43

26 Feb 2023, 11:53 am #22
(26 Feb 2023, 11:09 am)streetdeckfan I thought MG took the credit for creating the Xlines livery (or at least the concept) all by himself?

I thought Best Impressions did it, i'm pretty sure they've done most of the liveries since.

Talking about Effort the Old Coaster Livery is so much better than the new one
Unber43
26 Feb 2023, 11:53 am #22

(26 Feb 2023, 11:09 am)streetdeckfan I thought MG took the credit for creating the Xlines livery (or at least the concept) all by himself?

I thought Best Impressions did it, i'm pretty sure they've done most of the liveries since.

Talking about Effort the Old Coaster Livery is so much better than the new one

Malarkey

26 Feb 2023, 6:52 pm #23

Surely not the same MG that now works for LUMO and is pushing for staff-less trains.
Malarkey
26 Feb 2023, 6:52 pm #23

Surely not the same MG that now works for LUMO and is pushing for staff-less trains.

Malarkey

27 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm #24
Some Coastliner Suggestions...Malarkey Marathons as some in the past have called them.

X40 - Leeds - Tadcaster - York Rail Station - Malton - Scarborough - Cloughton - Whitby
Limited Stop Express Service connecting key points of the route only, operating Every 1 Hour Monday to Sunday providing a reduced journey time across the whole route

840 - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Leeds/...283113!3e0

843 - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Leeds/...486335!3e0

In regards to the 840/843 from Malton I'd have them do Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loops of Pickering - Goathland - Whitby - Robin Hood's Bay - Cloughton - Scarborough - Seamer and Sherburn back to Malton returning to normal route back towards Leeds allowing connections down the North Yorkshire Coast between Whitby and Scarborough via Robin Hood's Bay which I think would vastly improve the tourism side of the service and give it a much needed money boost all round to keep commerically viable to operate, the services would also have sufficient layover time at both Whitby/Scarborough depending on direction of the loop.

Other suggestions:

Extend service 20 from Rawcliffe to Harrogate via Knaresborough which would give a more direct service to York than the 22/23 do, I would also extend services 22/23 into Harrogate from Knaresborough also
Malarkey
27 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm #24

Some Coastliner Suggestions...Malarkey Marathons as some in the past have called them.

X40 - Leeds - Tadcaster - York Rail Station - Malton - Scarborough - Cloughton - Whitby
Limited Stop Express Service connecting key points of the route only, operating Every 1 Hour Monday to Sunday providing a reduced journey time across the whole route

In regards to the 840/843 from Malton I'd have them do Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loops of Pickering - Goathland - Whitby - Robin Hood's Bay - Cloughton - Scarborough - Seamer and Sherburn back to Malton returning to normal route back towards Leeds allowing connections down the North Yorkshire Coast between Whitby and Scarborough via Robin Hood's Bay which I think would vastly improve the tourism side of the service and give it a much needed money boost all round to keep commerically viable to operate, the services would also have sufficient layover time at both Whitby/Scarborough depending on direction of the loop.

Other suggestions:

Extend service 20 from Rawcliffe to Harrogate via Knaresborough which would give a more direct service to York than the 22/23 do, I would also extend services 22/23 into Harrogate from Knaresborough also

Storx

27 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm #25
(27 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm)Malarkey Some Coastliner Suggestions...Malarkey Marathons as some in the past have called them.

X40 - Leeds - Tadcaster -  York Rail Station -  Malton - Scarborough - Cloughton - Whitby

840 -  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Leeds/...283113!3e0

Other suggestions:

The buses from Malton to Whitby are being scrapped soon altogether, guessing you're not aware. There's massive out roar about it. They won't be touching Whitby via the Coast with a barge pole imo.
Storx
27 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm #25

(27 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm)Malarkey Some Coastliner Suggestions...Malarkey Marathons as some in the past have called them.

X40 - Leeds - Tadcaster -  York Rail Station -  Malton - Scarborough - Cloughton - Whitby

840 -  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Leeds/...283113!3e0

Other suggestions:

The buses from Malton to Whitby are being scrapped soon altogether, guessing you're not aware. There's massive out roar about it. They won't be touching Whitby via the Coast with a barge pole imo.

Adrian

27 Feb 2023, 8:34 pm #26

Other suggestions:

Disappointing for a Malarkey Marathon!

Do we not need a Penzance to Whitby service, via Lambton Village Centre?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Feb 2023, 8:34 pm #26

Other suggestions:

Disappointing for a Malarkey Marathon!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MurdnunoC

27 Feb 2023, 9:03 pm #27
(27 Feb 2023, 8:34 pm)Adrian Disappointing for a Malarkey Marathon!

Based
MurdnunoC
27 Feb 2023, 9:03 pm #27

(27 Feb 2023, 8:34 pm)Adrian Disappointing for a Malarkey Marathon!

Based

Malarkey

27 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm #28
(27 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm)Storx The buses from Malton to Whitby are being scrapped soon altogether, guessing you're not aware. There's massive out roar about it. They won't be touching Whitby via the Coast with a barge pole imo.

Fully aware given I have read the forum I was simply thinking of way to retain that link to Whitby.
Malarkey
27 Feb 2023, 9:40 pm #28

(27 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm)Storx The buses from Malton to Whitby are being scrapped soon altogether, guessing you're not aware. There's massive out roar about it. They won't be touching Whitby via the Coast with a barge pole imo.

Fully aware given I have read the forum I was simply thinking of way to retain that link to Whitby.

Jimmi

27 Feb 2023, 11:09 pm #29

Other suggestions:

Don't think the resources and funds are there to put many of these into action, especially considering it currently can't stand on its own from Malton to Whitby, anything more would probs be a step too far, there's extras in the summer pretty much as per your X40 suggestion (or at least that's the form it took last summer).

Not too sure the 20 extension would be worth it, especially as it doesn't go into the centre of York.

The 22/23 when it was first changed from the 56/57-142/143 terminated at Harrogate but was cut to terminate at Knaresborough for whatever reason with the unique section between Knaresborough and Harrogate being moved onto the newly introduced service 8 Wetherby to Harrogate via Knaresborough at the time (previously 780 Wetherby to Knaresborough). Services 8, 21 & 22/23 are in the exit category for Transdev so they may not be operating these routes in a few weeks time.
Jimmi
27 Feb 2023, 11:09 pm #29

Other suggestions:

Don't think the resources and funds are there to put many of these into action, especially considering it currently can't stand on its own from Malton to Whitby, anything more would probs be a step too far, there's extras in the summer pretty much as per your X40 suggestion (or at least that's the form it took last summer).

Not too sure the 20 extension would be worth it, especially as it doesn't go into the centre of York.

The 22/23 when it was first changed from the 56/57-142/143 terminated at Harrogate but was cut to terminate at Knaresborough for whatever reason with the unique section between Knaresborough and Harrogate being moved onto the newly introduced service 8 Wetherby to Harrogate via Knaresborough at the time (previously 780 Wetherby to Knaresborough). Services 8, 21 & 22/23 are in the exit category for Transdev so they may not be operating these routes in a few weeks time.

Jimmi

28 Feb 2023, 12:18 pm #30
Coastliner 840 will now continue to operate this summer: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/coastliner...y-continue

The current £2 single fare cap seems to be doing wonders for the service, especially over the February half term holidays.
Jimmi
28 Feb 2023, 12:18 pm #30

Coastliner 840 will now continue to operate this summer: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/coastliner...y-continue

The current £2 single fare cap seems to be doing wonders for the service, especially over the February half term holidays.

Andreos1

28 Feb 2023, 12:28 pm #31
(28 Feb 2023, 12:18 pm)Jimmi Coastliner 840 will now continue to operate this summer: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/coastliner...y-continue

13,000 people paying £2 per fare vs a handful at £7.50 (going off the comments about saving approx £5.50 per trip).

They seem amazed that lower fares can attract punters and is just one important factor amongst many others.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Feb 2023, 12:28 pm #31

(28 Feb 2023, 12:18 pm)Jimmi Coastliner 840 will now continue to operate this summer: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/coastliner...y-continue

13,000 people paying £2 per fare vs a handful at £7.50 (going off the comments about saving approx £5.50 per trip).

They seem amazed that lower fares can attract punters and is just one important factor amongst many others.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MurdnunoC

28 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm #32
(28 Feb 2023, 12:28 pm)Andreos1 13,000 people paying £2 per fare vs a handful at £7.50 (going off the comments about saving approx £5.50 per trip).

Rumour has it that Alex Hornby is in the process of being peddled from his position at Transdev. A combination of that, lower fares, and a back to basics approach may save these services.
MurdnunoC
28 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm #32

(28 Feb 2023, 12:28 pm)Andreos1 13,000 people paying £2 per fare vs a handful at £7.50 (going off the comments about saving approx £5.50 per trip).

Rumour has it that Alex Hornby is in the process of being peddled from his position at Transdev. A combination of that, lower fares, and a back to basics approach may save these services.

Wybus

04 Mar 2023, 11:21 pm #33
(22 Feb 2023, 4:30 pm)Unber43 Also with their entirety of the Ribble Country Network being lost (18) + 5 off the 153 I wonder whats going to happen to them, a suggestion could be they replace older Mellors, and the older ones be sold.

However as transDev like to change the interior of the bus with every brand i can imagine it being a nightmare to change.

What do you mean by Transdev like to change the interior of the bus with every brand?

The Mellors carry generic Transdev interior that could be used anywhere
Wybus
04 Mar 2023, 11:21 pm #33

(22 Feb 2023, 4:30 pm)Unber43 Also with their entirety of the Ribble Country Network being lost (18) + 5 off the 153 I wonder whats going to happen to them, a suggestion could be they replace older Mellors, and the older ones be sold.

However as transDev like to change the interior of the bus with every brand i can imagine it being a nightmare to change.

What do you mean by Transdev like to change the interior of the bus with every brand?

The Mellors carry generic Transdev interior that could be used anywhere

Unber43

05 Mar 2023, 8:07 am #34
They headrest have a different colour iirc
Unber43
05 Mar 2023, 8:07 am #34

They headrest have a different colour iirc

Jimmi

05 Mar 2023, 2:12 pm #35
(05 Mar 2023, 8:07 am)Unber43 They headrest have a different colour iirc

That is correct, the headrests on vast majority of the fleet correspond to the division/brand that the bus carries, so Red for Harrogate, orange for Burnley etc: https://flic.kr/p/M3anx5 whilst Irwell Line for example is a aquamarine sorta colour matching with the front of the bus, Coastliner has its own trim which is the usual design but in all blue instead of being multi-coloured: https://flic.kr/p/PrNueh the downside to this practice is that whenever a bus moves to another depot or is rebranded, they feel compelled to change the headrest colour, one of the Rosso 'Ribble Country' Mellors has had to have its seats altered into grey with it now being in the 'Transdev Go' livery.
Jimmi
05 Mar 2023, 2:12 pm #35

(05 Mar 2023, 8:07 am)Unber43 They headrest have a different colour iirc

That is correct, the headrests on vast majority of the fleet correspond to the division/brand that the bus carries, so Red for Harrogate, orange for Burnley etc: https://flic.kr/p/M3anx5 whilst Irwell Line for example is a aquamarine sorta colour matching with the front of the bus, Coastliner has its own trim which is the usual design but in all blue instead of being multi-coloured: https://flic.kr/p/PrNueh the downside to this practice is that whenever a bus moves to another depot or is rebranded, they feel compelled to change the headrest colour, one of the Rosso 'Ribble Country' Mellors has had to have its seats altered into grey with it now being in the 'Transdev Go' livery.

06 Mar 2023, 7:29 am #36
(28 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm)MurdnunoC Rumour has it that Alex Hornby is in the process of being peddled from his position at Transdev. A combination of that, lower fares, and a back to basics approach may save these services.

It’s not a rumour it is true that they are looking to replace him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adavies3774
06 Mar 2023, 7:29 am #36

(28 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm)MurdnunoC Rumour has it that Alex Hornby is in the process of being peddled from his position at Transdev. A combination of that, lower fares, and a back to basics approach may save these services.

It’s not a rumour it is true that they are looking to replace him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unber43

16 Aug 2023, 6:04 pm #37
TransDev have ordered 39 Electric Vehicles

- 20 Mercedes eCitaros
- 19 Alexander Dennis E400EV
Unber43
16 Aug 2023, 6:04 pm #37

TransDev have ordered 39 Electric Vehicles

- 20 Mercedes eCitaros
- 19 Alexander Dennis E400EV