Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (42): 1 2 342 Next
gtom

Banned

01 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm #1
(31 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm)Acky81 One thing I've noticed since the announcement of the axing of 42 coming in jan. 39 and 42 seem to have switched allocations with 8306-8309 on route 42 and simplicity on 39.

Anyone know the logic behind GNE being the only one running a Saturday service tomorrow?

Causing havoc with doing staff rotas since most can't get in too early. It's a normal working day, all but a few offices are open, shops are normal hours, banks too... Pretty much everyone but GNE

My only theory is whoever does rotas couldn't be arsed to do one day and had already written in Saturday.... (:
gtom
01 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm #1

(31 Dec 2014, 3:13 pm)Acky81 One thing I've noticed since the announcement of the axing of 42 coming in jan. 39 and 42 seem to have switched allocations with 8306-8309 on route 42 and simplicity on 39.

Anyone know the logic behind GNE being the only one running a Saturday service tomorrow?

Causing havoc with doing staff rotas since most can't get in too early. It's a normal working day, all but a few offices are open, shops are normal hours, banks too... Pretty much everyone but GNE

My only theory is whoever does rotas couldn't be arsed to do one day and had already written in Saturday.... (:

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 12:05 am #2
(01 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm)gtom Anyone know the logic behind GNE being the only one running a Saturday service tomorrow?

No idea, but it's caught a few out! Normal service has always resumed on the 2nd for as long as I can remember. I can see taxis being in demand for those starting at 7 or 8.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 12:05 am #2

(01 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm)gtom Anyone know the logic behind GNE being the only one running a Saturday service tomorrow?

No idea, but it's caught a few out! Normal service has always resumed on the 2nd for as long as I can remember. I can see taxis being in demand for those starting at 7 or 8.

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 8:30 am #3
6098 out for its first run of the day and you'd think it hadn't been washed for a week. Thick with muck.

Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 8:30 am #3

6098 out for its first run of the day and you'd think it hadn't been washed for a week. Thick with muck.

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 8:55 am #4
WiFi doesn't appear to be working on 6071. It won't issue me an IP address, and eventually times out.

Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 8:55 am #4

WiFi doesn't appear to be working on 6071. It won't issue me an IP address, and eventually times out.

citaro5284

02 Jan 2015, 9:13 am #5
(02 Jan 2015, 8:55 am)aureolin WiFi doesn't appear to be working on 6071. It won't issue me an IP address, and eventually times out.

It was working fine yesterday, downloaded quite a bit whilst on X40.  I have sent a command to reboot the system, but that only works as you can imagine when the system sees the vehicle.

It actually worked for about 5 minutes this morning around 8am at Riverside.

EDIT: Seems to be OK now.
Edited 02 Jan 2015, 9:43 am by citaro5284.
citaro5284
02 Jan 2015, 9:13 am #5

(02 Jan 2015, 8:55 am)aureolin WiFi doesn't appear to be working on 6071. It won't issue me an IP address, and eventually times out.

It was working fine yesterday, downloaded quite a bit whilst on X40.  I have sent a command to reboot the system, but that only works as you can imagine when the system sees the vehicle.

EDIT: Seems to be OK now.

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 9:43 am #6
(02 Jan 2015, 9:13 am)citaro5284 It was working fine yesterday, downloaded quite a bit whilst on X40.  I have sent a command to reboot the system, but that only works as you can imagine when the system sees the vehicle.

Excellent cheers. I can confirm it's working now. Smile

Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 9:43 am #6

(02 Jan 2015, 9:13 am)citaro5284 It was working fine yesterday, downloaded quite a bit whilst on X40.  I have sent a command to reboot the system, but that only works as you can imagine when the system sees the vehicle.

Excellent cheers. I can confirm it's working now. Smile

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 11:22 am #7
A question, and perhaps one that will strike up some debate, but who really makes the call as to whether a bus is changed over?

Reason I ask is that I was on 8252 first thing this morning. Driver was on the radio as we passed through Barmston, as the bus was stuck in first gear. Control told him to reset it completely, which he'd pointed out he'd done already. Nevertheless, he did again. Same problem, so he pulled up at the depot (on route), and was fobbed off to try resetting for a 3rd time at Concord. That struck me as a bit odd, as surely you'd rather establish that it's not working, whilst outside of the depot? Anyway, 3rd reset and same issue. Then on the road out of Washington, the bus lost power all together, and had to pull over in the bus stop just off Follingsby roundabout. The driver thankfully flagged down a passing 4, and we were transferred on to that.

So should it be the drivers, controls, or engineerings call?

Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 11:22 am #7

A question, and perhaps one that will strike up some debate, but who really makes the call as to whether a bus is changed over?

Reason I ask is that I was on 8252 first thing this morning. Driver was on the radio as we passed through Barmston, as the bus was stuck in first gear. Control told him to reset it completely, which he'd pointed out he'd done already. Nevertheless, he did again. Same problem, so he pulled up at the depot (on route), and was fobbed off to try resetting for a 3rd time at Concord. That struck me as a bit odd, as surely you'd rather establish that it's not working, whilst outside of the depot? Anyway, 3rd reset and same issue. Then on the road out of Washington, the bus lost power all together, and had to pull over in the bus stop just off Follingsby roundabout. The driver thankfully flagged down a passing 4, and we were transferred on to that.

So should it be the drivers, controls, or engineerings call?

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2015, 11:25 am #8
(02 Jan 2015, 12:05 am)aureolin No idea, but it's caught a few out! Normal service has always resumed on the 2nd for as long as I can remember. I can see taxis being in demand for those starting at 7 or 8.

I'm don't know the reason, but it's a normal working day for office-based Go North East employees, so I'm unsure why it isn't for the buses...

In my area there are quite a few local businesses - hair dressers, chip shops, nail bars etc. I was going to get my hair cut today ahead of the new school term, but I discovered about 10 minutes ago that none of these local businesses are open today. Can only assume that it'll be the case in other areas too, and hence a lower demand for the early morning journeys which are provided on Monday - Friday and not Saturdays..?
Dan
02 Jan 2015, 11:25 am #8

(02 Jan 2015, 12:05 am)aureolin No idea, but it's caught a few out! Normal service has always resumed on the 2nd for as long as I can remember. I can see taxis being in demand for those starting at 7 or 8.

I'm don't know the reason, but it's a normal working day for office-based Go North East employees, so I'm unsure why it isn't for the buses...

In my area there are quite a few local businesses - hair dressers, chip shops, nail bars etc. I was going to get my hair cut today ahead of the new school term, but I discovered about 10 minutes ago that none of these local businesses are open today. Can only assume that it'll be the case in other areas too, and hence a lower demand for the early morning journeys which are provided on Monday - Friday and not Saturdays..?

02 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm #9
just had look on gne website and says they now have service 706 in Stanley when did they get this service

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm #9

just had look on gne website and says they now have service 706 in Stanley when did they get this service

Jmoss

Andreos1

02 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm #10
There appears to have been a bit of a cock up with the service offered today.
The leaflets distributed to passengers, has today down as a normal Mon-Fri service.
Obviously people have taken that at face value and went out for buses, that were never scheduled to arrive.

Bit of a whoo harr on the fb page about it, with the GNE bod telling passengers there has been a printing error.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm #10

There appears to have been a bit of a cock up with the service offered today.
The leaflets distributed to passengers, has today down as a normal Mon-Fri service.
Obviously people have taken that at face value and went out for buses, that were never scheduled to arrive.

Bit of a whoo harr on the fb page about it, with the GNE bod telling passengers there has been a printing error.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

02 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm #11
(02 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm)Andreos1 There appears to have been a bit of a cock up with the service offered today.

Oh dear! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm #11

(02 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm)Andreos1 There appears to have been a bit of a cock up with the service offered today.

Oh dear! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

02 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm #12
(02 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm)jaimz13 just had look on gne website and says they now have service 706 in Stanley when did they get this service

It was posted on VOSA on the 04-12-2014. 

Not sure what bus it will use, as its PVR is only, seems likely its gonna be a Venture SOLO SR 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm #12

(02 Jan 2015, 12:17 pm)jaimz13 just had look on gne website and says they now have service 706 in Stanley when did they get this service

It was posted on VOSA on the 04-12-2014. 

Not sure what bus it will use, as its PVR is only, seems likely its gonna be a Venture SOLO SR 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

02 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm #13
(02 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm)Michael It was posted on VOSA on the 04-12-2014. 

I didn't they would have enough Solo Sr to do that

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm #13

(02 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm)Michael It was posted on VOSA on the 04-12-2014. 

I didn't they would have enough Solo Sr to do that

Jmoss

Adrian

02 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm #14
(02 Jan 2015, 11:25 am)Dan I'm don't know the reason, but it's a normal working day for office-based Go North East employees, so I'm unsure why it isn't for the buses...

Quite surprised that independents aren't open in Sunderland. Everywhere down Teesside (so far) seems open for business.

Adrian
02 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm #14

(02 Jan 2015, 11:25 am)Dan I'm don't know the reason, but it's a normal working day for office-based Go North East employees, so I'm unsure why it isn't for the buses...

Quite surprised that independents aren't open in Sunderland. Everywhere down Teesside (so far) seems open for business.

S813 FVK

02 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm #15
(02 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm)jaimz13 I didn't they would have enough Solo Sr to do that

The total PVR for the Venture services is 10 and there are 2 branded spares. Services 706/707 can only use a SR as anything bigger will mean that a few cars will be hit when going round the estates.
S813 FVK
02 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm #15

(02 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm)jaimz13 I didn't they would have enough Solo Sr to do that

The total PVR for the Venture services is 10 and there are 2 branded spares. Services 706/707 can only use a SR as anything bigger will mean that a few cars will be hit when going round the estates.

Tommy1581

02 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm #16
New S1 timetable, seems to be in the same format as the new Laser timetable...
http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/67053.48
Tommy1581
02 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm #16

New S1 timetable, seems to be in the same format as the new Laser timetable...

02 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm #17
(02 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm)Robert The total PVR for the Venture services is 10 and there are 2 branded spares. Services 706/707 can only use a SR as anything bigger will mean that a few cars will be hit when going round the estates.
ah I see I didn't no that thank you

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm #17

(02 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm)Robert The total PVR for the Venture services is 10 and there are 2 branded spares. Services 706/707 can only use a SR as anything bigger will mean that a few cars will be hit when going round the estates.
ah I see I didn't no that thank you

Jmoss

Michael

02 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm #18
(02 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 New S1 timetable, seems to be in the same format as the new Laser timetable...

Its only a temporary style, all the timetables should be updated to the current style soon.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Jan 2015, 1:52 pm #18

(02 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 New S1 timetable, seems to be in the same format as the new Laser timetable...

Its only a temporary style, all the timetables should be updated to the current style soon.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

02 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm #19
On the X88 to The MetroCentre, and the Driver has decided to go through Springwell via Wrekenton has just turned Right heading towards Q.E. Hospital.
Malarkey
02 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm #19

On the X88 to The MetroCentre, and the Driver has decided to go through Springwell via Wrekenton has just turned Right heading towards Q.E. Hospital.

Drifter60

02 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm #20

Well I've got a family friend who's a hairdresser in North Sunderland, somewhere on Newcastle Road. She's at work today. Unsure why others aren't! A lot of people are back today, as it a normal day. 
Drifter60
02 Jan 2015, 2:07 pm #20

Well I've got a family friend who's a hairdresser in North Sunderland, somewhere on Newcastle Road. She's at work today. Unsure why others aren't! A lot of people are back today, as it a normal day. 

Pages (42): 1 2 342 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average