Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203): Previous 1201 202 203 Next
Jimmi

25 Feb 2020, 11:52 am #4,021
(25 Feb 2020, 9:18 am)streetdeckfan The issue with Darlington Station is it's a bit of a trek to get to anything. Well, it's more of an issue of having to walk back up the 'hill' to get back to the station. At that point I'd rather just catch the X1 to Bishop which takes basically the same amount of time anyway! (Or even faster when you inevitably spend half an hour waiting to get in to the station!)
Biggest issue with Darlington Station for me is the automatic ticket gates which force you to stay in the station, I understand why stations have them but it's annoying when you have a lengthy connection time, recently looked into journeys that had a 50 minute connection time at Bradford Interchange, there's literally nothing you can do within that time as everything else is on the opposite side of the gates, that's why I like York Station as if I have a bit of a wait I can go outside and do whatever, spotting usually.
Jimmi
25 Feb 2020, 11:52 am #4,021

(25 Feb 2020, 9:18 am)streetdeckfan The issue with Darlington Station is it's a bit of a trek to get to anything. Well, it's more of an issue of having to walk back up the 'hill' to get back to the station. At that point I'd rather just catch the X1 to Bishop which takes basically the same amount of time anyway! (Or even faster when you inevitably spend half an hour waiting to get in to the station!)
Biggest issue with Darlington Station for me is the automatic ticket gates which force you to stay in the station, I understand why stations have them but it's annoying when you have a lengthy connection time, recently looked into journeys that had a 50 minute connection time at Bradford Interchange, there's literally nothing you can do within that time as everything else is on the opposite side of the gates, that's why I like York Station as if I have a bit of a wait I can go outside and do whatever, spotting usually.

25 Feb 2020, 12:02 pm #4,022
(25 Feb 2020, 11:52 am)Jimmi Biggest issue with Darlington Station for me is the automatic ticket gates which force you to stay in the station, I understand why stations have them but it's annoying when you have a lengthy connection time, recently looked into journeys that had a 50 minute connection time at Bradford Interchange, there's literally nothing you can do within that time as everything else is on the opposite side of the gates, that's why I like York Station as if I have a bit of a wait I can go outside and do whatever, spotting usually.
The few times I've been the gates have been open so I haven't had to deal with that!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
25 Feb 2020, 12:02 pm #4,022

(25 Feb 2020, 11:52 am)Jimmi Biggest issue with Darlington Station for me is the automatic ticket gates which force you to stay in the station, I understand why stations have them but it's annoying when you have a lengthy connection time, recently looked into journeys that had a 50 minute connection time at Bradford Interchange, there's literally nothing you can do within that time as everything else is on the opposite side of the gates, that's why I like York Station as if I have a bit of a wait I can go outside and do whatever, spotting usually.
The few times I've been the gates have been open so I haven't had to deal with that!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

25 Feb 2020, 1:56 pm #4,023
If you've got a rail ticket that permits break of journey, then you should have no problems being released through the gates and then allowed back in again.

However, sometimes it can be a bit tricky finding anyone to ask …..
Ianthegoon
25 Feb 2020, 1:56 pm #4,023

If you've got a rail ticket that permits break of journey, then you should have no problems being released through the gates and then allowed back in again.

25 Feb 2020, 2:12 pm #4,024
(25 Feb 2020, 1:56 pm)Ianthegoon If you've got a rail ticket that permits break of journey, then you should have no problems being released through the gates and then allowed back in again.

IIRC, any Northern ticket allows to break your journey, although I'm not sure if that's still the case if you buy it in conjunction with an advance ticket from another operator
streetdeckfan
25 Feb 2020, 2:12 pm #4,024

(25 Feb 2020, 1:56 pm)Ianthegoon If you've got a rail ticket that permits break of journey, then you should have no problems being released through the gates and then allowed back in again.

IIRC, any Northern ticket allows to break your journey, although I'm not sure if that's still the case if you buy it in conjunction with an advance ticket from another operator

13 Jun 2020, 8:37 am #4,025
On Thursday Lisa Shaw on BBC Radio Newcastle was playing songs from June 1974 on her Time of Our Lives feature. It was great as well as topical of her to include Alan Price's Jarrow Song, as he is from the area and the song is about an event (a people's march for jobs) that started in Jarrow.
MetrolineGA1511
13 Jun 2020, 8:37 am #4,025

On Thursday Lisa Shaw on BBC Radio Newcastle was playing songs from June 1974 on her Time of Our Lives feature. It was great as well as topical of her to include Alan Price's Jarrow Song, as he is from the area and the song is about an event (a people's march for jobs) that started in Jarrow.

Charles41

13 Jun 2020, 1:14 pm #4,026
Demonstration by Black Lives Matter and counter demonstration by military veterans in Newcastle. Its interesting to listen to the different points of view.

Charles
Charles41
13 Jun 2020, 1:14 pm #4,026

Demonstration by Black Lives Matter and counter demonstration by military veterans in Newcastle. Its interesting to listen to the different points of view.

Charles

Michael

09 Nov 2020, 11:01 am #4,027
Got a week off work  Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Nov 2020, 11:01 am #4,027

Got a week off work  Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

idiot

19 Nov 2020, 12:21 pm #4,028
I have a job induction today at 4pm. I've had no self employment (which is bulk of income) work since March and surviving on a part time wage struggling to make ends meet I can't wait.

I've applied for over 100 jobs since March
idiot
19 Nov 2020, 12:21 pm #4,028

I have a job induction today at 4pm. I've had no self employment (which is bulk of income) work since March and surviving on a part time wage struggling to make ends meet I can't wait.

I've applied for over 100 jobs since March

19 Feb 2021, 2:55 pm #4,029
My broadband is up for renewal so I've been shopping around.

I got in touch with Vodafone (my current ISP) and was told if I signed up for a new 24 month contract I would pay £22.95 instead of £23 per month.
But I noticed in a message I got from them that my current plan will continue at £23 a month after my plan expires.

So I asked them if that was the case and they told me it was. I asked again if "I'd just be tying myself into a 24 month contract to save 5p per month if I renewed" and they told me that was the case.

This was a big surprise to me as every other ISP I've ever used has doubled the price at the end of the contract, and would certainly have tried get me to sign up for the 24 month contract!

As a side note, I'm thinking of switching to Virgin as they're now in my area, if anyone has experience with them, are all the negative reviews about their network stability true?
streetdeckfan
19 Feb 2021, 2:55 pm #4,029

My broadband is up for renewal so I've been shopping around.

I got in touch with Vodafone (my current ISP) and was told if I signed up for a new 24 month contract I would pay £22.95 instead of £23 per month.
But I noticed in a message I got from them that my current plan will continue at £23 a month after my plan expires.

So I asked them if that was the case and they told me it was. I asked again if "I'd just be tying myself into a 24 month contract to save 5p per month if I renewed" and they told me that was the case.

This was a big surprise to me as every other ISP I've ever used has doubled the price at the end of the contract, and would certainly have tried get me to sign up for the 24 month contract!

As a side note, I'm thinking of switching to Virgin as they're now in my area, if anyone has experience with them, are all the negative reviews about their network stability true?

mb134

19 Feb 2021, 4:27 pm #4,030
(19 Feb 2021, 2:55 pm)streetdeckfan As a side note, I'm thinking of switching to Virgin as they're now in my area, if anyone has experience with them, are all the negative reviews about their network stability true?

I've got a few friends with Virgin and, while they generally praise speed, the stability is an issue. I'm not sure it goes down often, it's more that when it does go down its for a longer period of time than you'd expect. I've checked the trending tab on Twitter when it's been down before and the amount of tweets along the lines of "how long for this time" are too many to mention.
mb134
19 Feb 2021, 4:27 pm #4,030

(19 Feb 2021, 2:55 pm)streetdeckfan As a side note, I'm thinking of switching to Virgin as they're now in my area, if anyone has experience with them, are all the negative reviews about their network stability true?

I've got a few friends with Virgin and, while they generally praise speed, the stability is an issue. I'm not sure it goes down often, it's more that when it does go down its for a longer period of time than you'd expect. I've checked the trending tab on Twitter when it's been down before and the amount of tweets along the lines of "how long for this time" are too many to mention.

01 Aug 2021, 11:55 am #4,031
I went into McDonalds today to discover that they have the self serve tomato ketchup back!

IMO it tastes much nicer than the packet stuff, and I don't have to be self conscious about asking for so much ketchup anymore!
streetdeckfan
01 Aug 2021, 11:55 am #4,031

I went into McDonalds today to discover that they have the self serve tomato ketchup back!

IMO it tastes much nicer than the packet stuff, and I don't have to be self conscious about asking for so much ketchup anymore!

Rob44

27 Feb 2022, 4:06 pm #4,032
decided to get bus to work. and the diver suggested the Gateshead rea ticket rather than a tyne and wear one as so save 1.40... nearly enough for a pint in spoons on jackson street later!
Rob44
27 Feb 2022, 4:06 pm #4,032

decided to get bus to work. and the diver suggested the Gateshead rea ticket rather than a tyne and wear one as so save 1.40... nearly enough for a pint in spoons on jackson street later!

23 Sep 2022, 10:11 am #4,033
Finally got my new Steam Deck delivered today, came in much earlier than anticipated.
I flogged my last one to CEX for a £150 profit a few months ago and just ordered another one.
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 10:11 am #4,033

Finally got my new Steam Deck delivered today, came in much earlier than anticipated.
I flogged my last one to CEX for a £150 profit a few months ago and just ordered another one.

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm #4,034
(23 Sep 2022, 10:11 am)streetdeckfan Finally got my new Steam Deck delivered today, came in much earlier than anticipated.
Which version did you get?
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm #4,034

(23 Sep 2022, 10:11 am)streetdeckfan Finally got my new Steam Deck delivered today, came in much earlier than anticipated.
Which version did you get?

23 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm #4,035
(23 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm)Unber43 Which version did you get?

I just ordered the 64GB version this time, the first one I ordered was the 256GB as I panic bought it within the first minute that it was released!
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm #4,035

(23 Sep 2022, 7:40 pm)Unber43 Which version did you get?

I just ordered the 64GB version this time, the first one I ordered was the 256GB as I panic bought it within the first minute that it was released!

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 8:18 pm #4,036
(23 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm)streetdeckfan I just ordered the 64GB version this time, the first one I ordered was the 256GB as I panic bought it within the first minute that it was released!
Let me know what you think of it please, I might get one however I am not sure whether the games would run that great.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 8:18 pm #4,036

(23 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm)streetdeckfan I just ordered the 64GB version this time, the first one I ordered was the 256GB as I panic bought it within the first minute that it was released!
Let me know what you think of it please, I might get one however I am not sure whether the games would run that great.

23 Sep 2022, 8:26 pm #4,037
(23 Sep 2022, 8:18 pm)Unber43 Let me know what you think of it please, I might get one however I am not sure whether the games would run that great.

What games are you thinking? If they're free, or I've got them in my library I can give them a go and let you know.

The only games I've tried so far are GTA 4, Dirt Rally, Human Fall Flat, and Fall Guys, and they all run great

I regret not trying GTA V when I had the 256GB model though as I can only imagine how slow it'll be downloading it to an SD Card!
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 8:26 pm #4,037

(23 Sep 2022, 8:18 pm)Unber43 Let me know what you think of it please, I might get one however I am not sure whether the games would run that great.

What games are you thinking? If they're free, or I've got them in my library I can give them a go and let you know.

The only games I've tried so far are GTA 4, Dirt Rally, Human Fall Flat, and Fall Guys, and they all run great

I regret not trying GTA V when I had the 256GB model though as I can only imagine how slow it'll be downloading it to an SD Card!

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #4,038
(23 Sep 2022, 8:26 pm)streetdeckfan What games are you thinking? If they're free, or I've got them in my library I can give them a go and let you know.

Idk, they would be mainly games on Xbox Gamepass, and the Spider-Man games, maybe Forza and CS. 

SteamDeck is really a great idea for people who can't afford £2k for a good PC, however the 64GB may be limited in the games you can't download as I know GTA on PS5 is like 110GB, so i would probably get the 128GB and just download one game at a time.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #4,038

(23 Sep 2022, 8:26 pm)streetdeckfan What games are you thinking? If they're free, or I've got them in my library I can give them a go and let you know.

Idk, they would be mainly games on Xbox Gamepass, and the Spider-Man games, maybe Forza and CS. 

SteamDeck is really a great idea for people who can't afford £2k for a good PC, however the 64GB may be limited in the games you can't download as I know GTA on PS5 is like 110GB, so i would probably get the 128GB and just download one game at a time.

23 Sep 2022, 9:03 pm #4,039
(23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Unber43 Idk, they would be mainly games on Xbox Gamepass, and the Spider-Man games, maybe Forza and CS. 

I already have a £2k gaming laptop, so I really have no need for the Steam Deck lol, I just thought it would be fun to have! I've bought a 512GB SD card to go in it, from what other people are saying, there's basically no performance hit for using the SD card over the integrated SSD.

The issue with Gamepass is that you'd have to install Windows on the Steam Deck as it runs Steam OS, which is based on Linux. You can install Windows, but I'm waiting until they release the ability to dual boot before I give it a try.
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 9:03 pm #4,039

(23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Unber43 Idk, they would be mainly games on Xbox Gamepass, and the Spider-Man games, maybe Forza and CS. 

I already have a £2k gaming laptop, so I really have no need for the Steam Deck lol, I just thought it would be fun to have! I've bought a 512GB SD card to go in it, from what other people are saying, there's basically no performance hit for using the SD card over the integrated SSD.

The issue with Gamepass is that you'd have to install Windows on the Steam Deck as it runs Steam OS, which is based on Linux. You can install Windows, but I'm waiting until they release the ability to dual boot before I give it a try.

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm #4,040
(23 Sep 2022, 9:03 pm)streetdeckfan I already have a £2k gaming laptop, so I really have no need for the Steam Deck lol, I just thought it would be fun to have! I've bought a 512GB SD card to go in it, from what other people are saying, there's basically no performance hit for using the SD card over the integrated SSD.

I suppose you can use it on the X21 for the 2hours if you've got enough data. 

Have you tried to use it in public, whats the data usage like?
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm #4,040

(23 Sep 2022, 9:03 pm)streetdeckfan I already have a £2k gaming laptop, so I really have no need for the Steam Deck lol, I just thought it would be fun to have! I've bought a 512GB SD card to go in it, from what other people are saying, there's basically no performance hit for using the SD card over the integrated SSD.

I suppose you can use it on the X21 for the 2hours if you've got enough data. 

Have you tried to use it in public, whats the data usage like?

Pages (203): Previous 1201 202 203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average