You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Travelsure
(08 Apr 2014, 8:30 am)Tom wrote Is this new at Travelsure?

I took a photo of MX07LBG in Berwick on 18th September 2013. I think it had recently arrived when I seen it in September as it had just been painted in blue but had no Travelsure livery or legal lettering.
From Ross at Ensign...

Travelsure have sold Primo SN57EXE and in exchange bought Solo SP60CLP formerly with PadarnBus

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

PB1123824/7 - TRAVELSURE COACHES LTD T/A TRAVELSURE, STATION ROAD, BELFORD, NE70 7DT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between BELFORD and ALNWICK BUS STATION given service number 418 effective from 27-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm)Michael wrote PB1123824/7 - TRAVELSURE COACHES LTD T/A TRAVELSURE, STATION ROAD, BELFORD, NE70 7DT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between BELFORD and ALNWICK BUS STATION given service number 418 effective from 27-Sep-2015. To amend Timetable.

This must be the end of the summer timetable for another year, going from every 2 hours back to 4 hours. I was down on the coast today, one of their Nimbuses and a very dodgy sounding Solo were working the 418. I saw them a few times and each time they passed me they had no more than 5 passengers on.
(26 Nov 2015, 8:05 am)jaimzm wrote both of their primos for sale http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/type/bus/

this is because a decision is being made by berwick council to see if travelsure will still 32 or if perryman will. there will be 2 new buses for travelsure if they still run the service. a memver of staff told me. if a had my voice recorder with me i would of recorded him and downloaded on here.
(26 Nov 2015, 3:04 pm)buss14 wrote this is because a decision is being made by berwick council to see if travelsure will still 32 or if perryman will. there will be 2 new buses for travelsure if they still run the service.  a memver of staff told me. if a had my voice recorder with me i would of recorded him and downloaded on here.

Like, wtf? Huh
Anyway, NCC make decisions on contracts not Berwick Town Council or whatever its called.
[quote='GX03 SVC' pid='140039' dateline='1448550967']

Like, wtf? Huh
Anyway, NCC make decisions on contracts not Berwick Town Council or whatever its called.
[/quote
it is one of the council that decide and it is a bit of a muck about
I think the 32 will be a Scottish Borders Council subsidised route as it primarily serves villages in Scotland. Not sure I see the sense in selling the buses in case they lose the service, why not wait until you know you've lost it? If the buses are decent and you regain the service you've got to hunt around again for another couple of second hand buses with all the added cost and potential to buy a pair of lemons that entails.
(26 Nov 2015, 11:43 pm)passenger_10 wrote I think the 32 will be a Scottish Borders Council subsidised route as it primarily serves villages in Scotland. Not sure I see the sense in selling the buses in case they lose the service, why not wait until you know you've lost it? If the buses are decent and you regain the service you've got to hunt around again for another couple of second hand buses with all the added cost and potential to buy a pair of lemons that entails.

i think travelsure will buy more solos or somehing of that size as the primos are small
I've seen the Solo, it seems to have a blue (what I can describe as Travelsure blue) patch on the rear part of the roof. Couldn't see the reg due to condensation.

Travelsure seems to allocate the same vehicles to services, so whatever route serves Craster and Belford if anyone wants to look for it.
I've seen 3 assorted Travelsure buses in Alnwick bus station today. Not one has had working side or rear number/ destination displays and one bus still has yellow destination boards propped up in the front window. One of which being HX53 ODH.
(06 Feb 2016, 4:05 pm)passenger_10 wrote I've seen 3 assorted Travelsure buses in Alnwick bus station today. Not one has had working side or rear number/ destination displays and one bus still has yellow destination boards propped up in the front window. One of which being HX53 ODH.

One of their Solo's always has it now, YN09LCM.

I'm also pleased to announce that their newest addition, the White Solo is MX10DXP from Scotland I think.
(06 Feb 2016, 11:51 pm)Cobalt271 wrote One of their Solo's always has it now, YN09LCM.

I'm also pleased to announce that their newest addition, the White Solo is MX10DXP from Scotland I think.

is it in plain white because that is the bus i have seen in berwick numerous times
(07 Feb 2016, 7:23 am)buss14 wrote is it in plain white because that is the bus i have seen in berwick numerous times

Yep, that's the one. Must just be doing the Berwick-Scotland runs and the odd 418 service now and again.
PB1123824/7 - TRAVELSURE COACHES LTD T/A TRAVELSURE, STATION ROAD, BELFORD, NE70 7DT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between BELFORD and ALNWICK BUS STATION given service number 418 effective from 23-May-2016. To amend Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm)Cobalt271 wrote Travelsure have another new acquisition it would appear, a Solo M810 YJ56WTZ from Holmeswood Coaches. It's been doing the 418 today still in their livery.
[Image: 26533732291_ea52f864d3.jpg]Holmeswood Coaches: YJ56WTZ by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

In the window there is a notice saying "ON LOAN TO TRAVELSURE COACHES LTD" with the legal address also on the piece of paper next to the door. The Holmeswood legal address is still on display next to the door.

So I'm guessing it's a loan? Not sure...