North East Buses

Full Version: Coatham Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(18 Sep 2022, 4:04 pm)Lollist wrote [ -> ]Chatham Coaches should invest in some more Routes, for an Idea A service from Low Grange Owington Farm-Billingham Town Centre-Norton-Stockton-Teesside Park?
Like the old X7/8 That stagecarruge used to run they were packed and were making a ton of money before they went into administration Billingham and Norton are currently left without a service to Teesside Park?
Maybe buy a batch of citaros or something.

None of these are on Bustimes.org
Yeah they're going to magic 1 million for 4 buses or 200K for some older ones.
Well obviously they gonna have to save up but as a start they should make a new route because they are a few uncoverd places in Teesside that could use a bus route like Billingham-teessjde Park like I said for the first few times they can run their E200MMC on it until they build up the money. With the Mellor strata on the 18.
There does seem to be an obsession on here with sending buses to Teesside Park. I've never understood the appeal of the place myself. Only ever been there twice and niether of those visits were by choice.
Portrack has plenty to offer but difficult to get around on foot. So maybe a shuttle from Stockton High Street linking the various outlets on Portrack in a similar fasion to the MetroCentre shuttle?
(20 Sep 2022, 9:34 am)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]There does seem to be an obsession on here with sending buses to Teesside Park. I've never understood the appeal of the place myself. Only ever been there twice and niether of those visits were by choice.
Portrack has plenty to offer but difficult to get around on foot. So maybe a shuttle from Stockton High Street linking the various outlets on Portrack in a similar fasion to the MetroCentre shuttle?

Or Portrack - High Street - Teesside Park and return.

Ticks all three boxes then and allows it to feed in to the existing network in and around Stockton.

The biggest issue is finding out if the people visiting Portrack or Teesside Park are actually coming from Stockton or if they're coming from further afield, would it still be quicker and easier to avoid public transport?
I guess a Middlesbrough base could be an option. Stockton seems to be the poorer of the two for retail options so I'd regard it as potentially more attractive to start from.
I live in Ludworth, so it's a bus from here to either Durham or Peterlee, then a 2nd change in Stockton (or wherever). Even with a free ride from my Stagecoach staff pass, I've never considered anything other than the car to get to Portrack and probably never would.
(20 Sep 2022, 9:55 am)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]I guess a Middlesbrough base could be an option. Stockton seems to be the poorer of the two for retail options so I'd regard it as potentially more attractive to start from.
I live in Ludworth, so it's a bus from here to either Durham or Peterlee, then a 2nd change in Stockton (or wherever). Even with a free ride from my Stagecoach staff pass, I've never considered anything other than the car to get to Portrack and probably never would.

There's not many people in that neck of the woods would either I imagine.

I was thinking more for people in Thornaby, Billingham or Acklam.
Granted they would probably need just as many buses as you if using public transport - but they're obviously a lot closer.
So I think we've reached the conclusion that no additional route to either Portrack or Teesside Park are neccessary. It'd be a fair old trek from base for Coatham anyways.
(20 Sep 2022, 10:08 am)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]So I think we've reached the conclusion that no additional route to either Portrack or Teesside Park are neccessary. It'd be a fair old trek from base for Coatham anyways.

Or if it is needed, it is an attractive, alternative option to the car - offering similar journey times and costs.
Particularly for those who are nearby.
If people wanted another bus service to Teesside Park, then GNE would probably "experiment" with diverting the X10 that way.
Let’s not forget that Teesside Park subsidise the service in there and have done for years.
There is lots I would love to do but it’s not going to happen any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would be class tho

Maybe from Norton at least, tbh teessides transportation needs some improving the network isn’t very good

Since the collapse of stagecarrige
The 80/89 would be one to target in when it next comes up for tender would fit in quite well with the 18 as there 2nd route
(20 Sep 2022, 9:34 am)tcts24 wrote [ -> ]There does seem to be an obsession on here with sending buses to Teesside Park. I've never understood the appeal of the place myself. Only ever been there twice and niether of those visits were by choice.
Ideally Teesside Park does need a service but not to many. Have always wondered why Stagecoach have not tried sending the 36 there as it could easily be done. At the minute there only the X12 goes there ( have always thought was the wrong choice to send there especially with how busy it already is.  The X22 makes more sense ).  I wonder if it possible to do Portrack Stockton - Teesside park.
(28 Sep 2022, 12:30 am)col87 wrote [ -> ]Ideally Teesside Park does need a service but not to many. Have always wondered why Stagecoach have not tried sending the 36 there as it could easily be done. At the minute there only the X12 goes there ( have always thought was the wrong choice to send there especially with how busy it already is.  The X22 makes more sense ).  I wonder if it possible to do Portrack Stockton - Teesside park.
Stagecoach always seem to have gone for the relatively direct and uniform 36, 37, 38 Stockton - Old Thornaby - Newport - Middlesbrough every 7/8 minutes and probably wouldn't benefit them sending one on a diversion to an out of town shopping complex. Arriva have always sent their Stockton to Middlesbrough buses all over the place via Thornaby centre, Teesdale or Teeside Park. So it could also be a case of not stepping on each others toes. I get the logic of sending the X22 there instead of the X12, although it gives the Teesside option to further flung places, potentially competing with Arniston Centre or MetroCentre, but I'm probably clutching at straws now. As I say, I've never had a reason to go there and looking at the shop guide of what's there, a bus every 30 minutes in each direction is probably more than sufficient.
(27 Sep 2022, 2:18 pm)jamessolomon wrote [ -> ]The 80/89 would be one to target in when it next comes up for tender would fit in quite well with the 18 as there 2nd route
What is the 80/89
(15 Oct 2022, 7:11 pm)Lolpest wrote [ -> ]What is the 80/89

Stokesley-Northallerton run by Abbott’s currently

The two big 'Hubs' have a connection to Teesside Park, 2 services direct and 8 via the viaduct (15 minute walk) plus several areas of Stockton does via Tees Flex.

So if a new service was to be made, It would likely have to serve a lot of areas or/and improve a service it's competing against.

I'd personally look at extending the 18 to something like Saltburn - Guisborough - Stokesley - Coulby Newham Parkway - Hemlington - Acklam - Teesside Park - Thornaby Station - Stockton.

Opening up a lot of Teesside to Teesside Park, and Stockton to a direct route to Stokesley, Guisborough and Saltburn could prove popular, and saves people swapping over 2/3 buses.
(02 Sep 2022, 7:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]What haven’t I updated on? Quite a lot by the looks of the above!

Added at the start of the year were two Mercedes Tourismo triaxles BD18TKZ/TLF and they form the backbone of the Park & Ride fleet, recently another BV22WRG has been added and it too operates mostly on the P&R contract.

Other recent additions are 22 seat EVM Sprinter RX22SKE, electric EQV Vito NX22NWA and yesterday new 70 seat Irizar i4 YT72GNY arrived too!

Solo YJ10MFN departed a few months ago to SD Travel.

(22 Oct 2022, 6:06 pm)Benny wrote [ -> ]The two big 'Hubs' have a connection to Teesside Park, 2 services direct and 8 via the viaduct (15 minute walk) plus several areas of Stockton does via Tees Flex.

So if a new service was to be made, It would likely have to serve a lot of areas or/and improve a service it's competing against.

I'd personally look at extending the 18 to something like Saltburn - Guisborough - Stokesley - Coulby Newham Parkway - Hemlington - Acklam - Teesside Park - Thornaby Station - Stockton.

Opening up a lot of Teesside to Teesside Park, and Stockton to a direct route to Stokesley, Guisborough and Saltburn could prove popular, and saves people swapping over 2/3 buses.
Yeah that's good they should do that
Looks like the 18 service is being cancelled.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/605552/
(29 Dec 2022, 10:29 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]Looks like the 18 service is being cancelled.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/605552/

It will be replaced with a new registration shortly as NYCC have agreed to fund it for us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6