North East Buses

Full Version: Coatham Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(01 Jan 2023, 12:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It will be replaced with a new registration shortly as NYCC have agreed to fund it for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increased operating hours? 

Still haven't used it. Not because I don't want to. But because it doesn't run when I need it to. 
It's taxi or Teesflex everytime, whether that be a week day evening or during the day on a Saturday.
Don't think I'm the only one in that position either.
(01 Jan 2023, 12:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It will be replaced with a new registration shortly as NYCC have agreed to fund it for us.

New timetable has been posted on their Facebook today, reduction in the number of journeys with the Guisborough to Saltburn stretch being withdrawn.[attachment=10328]
No offence but the 18 is kinda shit it hardly runs during hte day thye run a minibus on there instead of the mmc, and it should go to middlesbrough ir something it doesnt really go to any good transport locations for passengers. Really wish they would expand to stockton or norton or something.
(21 Feb 2023, 11:18 pm)Lollist wrote [ -> ]No offence but the 18 is kinda shit it hardly runs during hte day thye run a minibus on there instead of the mmc, and it should go to middlesbrough ir something it doesnt really go to any good transport locations for passengers. Really wish they would expand to stockton or norton or something.

It’s funded by NYCC now and they only want to fund Stokesley to Guisborough journeys so that’s what it runs. Good news though it will continue to run beyond April, but more on that when we can!

Recent addition to the fleet is mini Sprinter YC67NJK, watch this space for more soon.

Coatham Coaches are to take over operation of services 80/89 from Abbotts of Leeming in mid April with a revised timetable: https://twitter.com/CoathamConnect/statu...uBt0uraW0g&s=19
Are they going to buy more buses then?

DriverDamo

(28 Feb 2023, 9:41 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It’s funded by NYCC now and they only want to fund Stokesley to Guisborough journeys so that’s what it runs. Good news though it will continue to run beyond April, but more on that when we can!

Recent addition to the fleet is mini Sprinter YC67NJK, watch this space for more soon.

Are there any plans to update the timetable on the Coatham website, which is currently advertising the wrong times and a stretch of the route that was seemingly withdrawn in January. Not really the best way to encourage use of the service, or a great look for the company?
Arriving for the start of services 80/89 Stokesley to Northallerton was EVM Sprinter RX23TKC which has seen use on there every day since.
Arriving yesterday to boost capacity was ADL Enviro 200 YX18KNR which should enter service next week.

Also recently into the fleet was Merc Sprinter LN22RMU which has effectively replaced Ford Transit YP64DXH which will be leaving shortly. Also recently departed was Mercedes 613 YX57JXY.

Three more new coaches are on order to renew the fleet over the next few months.

Do you reckon it will become a bigger operatir and take more routes on? Maybe into middlesbrough/stockton
Haven't seen Coathams MMC's or there loaned E 200 out for a while. They just been using the Mercs for their services now or are the E200's broke does anyone know?
(18 Feb 2024, 11:29 am)Mike_98 wrote [ -> ]Haven't seen Coathams MMC's or there loaned E 200 out for a while. They just been using the Mercs for their services now or are the E200's broke does anyone know?

They’re out every weekday on a Park & Ride contract down at Teesworks. The leased one (YX18KNR) has just had a gearbox put in it, finally! It’s been waiting months for one… the loaned JH one will be going back this week as they’ve sold their Streetlite and need it back.

(18 Feb 2024, 1:43 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]They’re out every weekday on a Park & Ride contract down at Teesworks. The leased one (YX18KNR) has just had a gearbox put in it, finally! It’s been waiting months for one… the loaned JH one will be going back this week as they’ve sold their Streetlite and need it back.

Ahhh ok, never knew that. Where does the P & R go from and how many buses they have on it? Also, do you know what they are doing at the Teesworks. Heard it was todo with a Net Zero scheme thing. I always see the minibuses always out and about on the 18/80 & 89. 

I don't know too much about Coathams finances but I do hope in the future they can expand even further and get some more public services. Especially, in the East Cleveland Area. I imagine the management team have looked at that option but I imagine costs can't be ideal and Arriva would probs block it.
(18 Feb 2024, 5:46 pm)Mike_98 wrote [ -> ]I don't know too much about Coathams finances but I do hope in the future they can expand even further and get some more public services. Especially, in the East Cleveland Area. I imagine the management team have looked at that option but I imagine costs can't be ideal and Arriva would probs block it.

Arriva, or any other operator for that matter, have zero power to block the registration of a new bus service.

The only person who can say no, is the traffic commissioner.
(18 Feb 2024, 9:59 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ] Arriva, or any other operator for that matter, have zero power to block the registration of a new bus service. 

The only person who can say no, is the traffic commissioner.

Well they tried their best with the Stagecoach East Cleveland services.
(18 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Well they tried their best with the Stagecoach East Cleveland services.

Yep, they managed to get Stagecoach to cut out the Highstreets of each Village, which apparently was the original plan because Arriva said it would compete with their 5 and X4 Services. That's a topic for the Saltburn Circular thread though (I'll continue this on there).

Like I said though. It would be nice to see Coatham expand their fleet in the future and operate some more services closer around East Cleveland near it's depot. But there probs gonna need to save some money first I would imagine.
(18 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Well they tried their best with the Stagecoach East Cleveland services.

As quoted in a TVCA scrutiny meeting at some point last year, contrary to what local people and councillors are suggesting, Arriva only objected to the 'short notice' element of the initial registration not meeting legislation, nothing to do with the service or the route etc. The route running is what was originally planned all along.

The traffic commissioner upheld the objection that was made, which suggests it actually was a legitimate objection.
(19 Feb 2024, 1:14 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]As quoted in a TVCA scrutiny meeting at some point last year, contrary to what local people and councillors are suggesting, Arriva only objected to the 'short notice' element of the initial registration not meeting legislation, nothing to do with the service or the route etc. The route running is what was originally planned all along.

The traffic commissioner upheld the objection that was made, which suggests it actually was a legitimate objection.

And why would they complain about the short notice? For shits and giggles or something else?
(19 Feb 2024, 4:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]And why would they complain about the short notice? For shits and giggles or something else?

Whatever the issue was, it prevented the service from starting until a full 6 week notice was submitted instead.
(19 Feb 2024, 5:31 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]Whatever the issue was, it prevented the service from starting until a full 6 week notice was submitted instead.

I think we all know what the reason behind it and it wasn't shits and giggles. 

But passengers first eh?  Wink

SNE made an error and I'm sure they didn't need ANE pointing that out on their behalf.
(18 Feb 2024, 5:46 pm)Mike_98 wrote [ -> ]Ahhh ok, never knew that. Where does the P & R go from and how many buses they have on it? Also, do you know what they are doing at the Teesworks. Heard it was todo with a Net Zero scheme thing. I always see the minibuses always out and about on the 18/80 & 89. 

I don't know too much about Coathams finances but I do hope in the future they can expand even further and get some more public services. Especially, in the East Cleveland Area. I imagine the management team have looked at that option but I imagine costs can't be ideal and Arriva would probs block it.

Two buses AM & PM - we currently use the two E200s on it. It’s purely on site at Teesworks for the SeAH factory.

There is lots of work ongoing on the Teesworks site itself, with construction confirmed today for the ‘NetZero Teesside’ carbon capture plant too!

They’re building a permanent park & ride at Steel House which will be entirely for people working on site, and a bigger contract is expected for that in the future!

As for further services… I’d love to… but we would need a gap to step into! It’s my background after all!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6