North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
(18 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Point being it shouldn't have been 'confirmed' in the first place because it was far too early to be a definite plan.

Plans are often leaked, and this is of no great convenience to Go North East management because there are later difficulties of enthusiasts, employees, and even customers (if employees have told them rather foolishly) knowing the a previous plan, and that then not happening.

There is a correct time for plans to be hinted at, and latterly confirmed - and this is perhaps a week or two before the first vehicle involved in a plan is due to be repainted/re-branded.

When the time is right, I'm sure the same will happen again for the upcoming vehicle changes.

We wont know untill at least end of January when all the B9's are in Service.

Hopefully some of the fleet changes happen this weekend with the red scania's... if of course their moving :p
(18 Dec 2013, 8:28 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]The Citaros are definatly going onto the X21 .... 26th Jan gauranteed

There is no 'guarantee' that this is definitely the plan at all. You're going from a plan which is quite dated now, in fact - plenty of time for a change to have been made since then.

Can I suggest we concentrate on movements which are going to happen sooner, if we are to speculate about future movements? There is plenty of time for the plan for the "Cobalt Clipper" cascades to change again because the first Mercedes vehicle has not yet been repainted.
(18 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Didn't notice that, good capture.

Indeed, 641 has its roofline advertising connections to Durham and 642 to Newcastle.
Never noticed, ive yet to venture in to the area yet

10k posts Big Grin
(18 Dec 2013, 10:27 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]Trust me this is fact. I know cos i work for GNE

So does Rob! Tongue

I don't mean to sound rude at all, I just know how fluidly plans change with Go North East. We all do, in fact.

Rob did comment on the X21 being 'double decker operation for a reason'. For whatever reason this is, it does seem like single deckers would be unsuitable... Would you agree?
(18 Dec 2013, 10:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]So does Rob! Tongue

I don't mean to sound rude at all, I just know how fluidly plans change with Go North East. We all do, in fact.

Rob did comment on the X21 being 'double decker operation for a reason'. For whatever reason this is, it does seem like single deckers would be unsuitable... Would you agree?

I have to agree putting single decks on the X21 does seem a strange decision, particularly at peaks and the weekends unless there's a frequency increase, however from Durham to Bishop the oaps would rather wait for the 6 with it being a single deck even if they have to wait more than the supposed 12 minutes, so maybe the planners may have that in mind.
(19 Dec 2013, 7:16 am)nk55 wrote [ -> ]I have to agree putting single decks on the X21 does seem a strange decision, particularly at peaks and the weekends unless there's a frequency increase, however from Durham to Bishop the oaps would rather wait for the 6 with it being a single deck even if they have to wait more than the supposed 12 minutes, so maybe the planners may have that in mind.

I think the trouble with upgrading the service's vehicle type and frequency is that it is quite a big ask for the service. It would have to generate enough revenue to make all of that justifiable, and the last time GNE proposed to do that (SimpliCity 39), it failed.
In the case of the 39, there was enough vehicles for a proposed frequency increase to happen too, but there never really was for the X21.
(19 Dec 2013, 7:42 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think the trouble with upgrading the service's vehicle type and frequency is that it is quite a big ask for the service. It would have to generate enough revenue to make all of that justifiable, and the last time GNE proposed to do that (SimpliCity 39), it failed.
In the case of the 39, there was enough vehicles for a proposed frequency increase to happen too, but there never really was for the X21.

I think it would do well on the durham to newcastle section but doubt wether gne would increase that section because of the 21 it maybe just dilute the ridership. If enough vehicles were available to operate west auckland-bishop-durham / durham-chester-newcastle then i think this would do really well if the frequency of say 20 mins was offered, everybody in the area dislike the current incumbant and the terribly unreliable service.
X30 X31 double deckers are full in the morning when I get them. On the more frequent occassions there are single deckers it is often standing room only before it leaves Stanley.

The service to me seems to be the forgotten one. A jokey but common comment in the q at Eldon Square is " Theres a old/yellow bus - must be ours" - and it most often is. Unfortunately people have no alternative or competition - no trains or Arriva so it seems to be shunted to the back of the q for any improvements
Has any more of the Scania's being painted yet?
Are the Whey aye five-0 Scania's scheduled, to start going in after the FAB 56 ones?

Any one ventured down to Deptford to see if any of the B9's are their?
Red B10 on the 8 today, heading to gall's from Sunderland about 5 mins ago.
Seem to be quite a few Northern B10's on their lately
(19 Dec 2013, 11:55 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Has any more of the Scania's being painted yet?
Are the Whey aye five-0 Scania's scheduled, to start going in after the FAB 56 ones?

4926 has been painted, as I asked last week I think it was when I seen 2 Red Solars on the 50, one of which was 4944,the other being 4926 as Daniel Confirmed, it of been noted on the News Michael, No idea if any others are in the process of being done or not, I would think the rest will get done in January with it being Christmas Next Week.
The venture "straplines" are quite clever about venturing... from consett. One makes reference to stanley and I think they are a nice touch.
(18 Dec 2013, 8:47 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]Indeed, 641 has its roofline advertising connections to Durham and 642 to Newcastle.

I quite like the roofline advertising slogans.
I have outlined the ones I've noted below - if you have any you'd like to add, feel free to add them... It would be good to add such specific details to our fleet lists.

641: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (OS)

642: "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

643: ???? (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

644: "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)

645: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), ???? (OS)

646: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

647: ???? (NS), "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (OS)

648: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

649: "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Metrocentre" (OS)

650: ???? (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

651: "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

652: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)
(19 Dec 2013, 11:55 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Has any more of the Scania's being painted yet?

I'm led to believe 5205 was repainted at Saltmeadows Road rather than Thornton's where its sister vehicles have been repainted, owing to the late change of plan.

Typically (from what I can remember from last year), Saltmeadows do not tend to repaint buses over the Christmas or New Year period. With this in mind, any Saltmeadows repaints (which includes the Solars from "Fab56" into a black base livery and "Whey Aye Five 0" Solars into GNE red) are now not likely to be repainted until Week 2, w/c 6th January 2014 - where one vehicle per week from each brand will be repainted as per normal routine.
Thornton's, however, do tend to repaint over the New Year period. Their job is to repaint vehicles and the like, so that is why they continue their repaints.

I did go to Deptford today...

6101 is still parked in the same place it's been parked for the past week, looking as if it hasn't been touched in fact.
I noted several repainted Solars receiving "Go North East" logos being put on top of their red base livery. When this was being done, rear adverts for the "Go!" campaign were also being added, as well as new pushchair/wheelchair logos and fleet numbers.
Lolyne 3801 was also present at Deptford. Wild speculation, but I do wonder if this could be Solar 5205's replacement... This would back up an earlier hypothesis that these vehicles are to go to Stanley for services X30/X31. 5205 was also still present at Deptford while I was there though (you could just see it), so who knows..?
618 appeared to be at the back of the depot with its rear engine cover up. No "Venture" logos anymore.
All of the ex-East Durham MPDs which were being stored at Deptford along the side wall (as shown here) appear to have gone too.
(19 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]4926 has been painted

It has now also received "Go North East" logos, with new fleet numbers, legal lettering etc.
Believe it's free of the "Go!" campaign rear advertisement.
(19 Dec 2013, 12:40 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Red B10 on the 8 today, heading to gall's from Sunderland about 5 mins ago.
Seem to be quite a few Northern B10's on their lately

I noted 4844 on the "Lime" today.
Indeed it does seem the "Lime" vehicles are showing their age. Despite being great workhorses, their time has come to be replaced... They've got to hang in there for a good ten months or so yet though!
I have been thinking on what could be happening with the 5205-5210 off the 56 and I have come up with a few possible outcomes.

First of all from my point of view I think 5206 will join 5205 in Black and go on the Fast Cats to Displace older Solars 4954/55, and then 5207-10 go on the Wear Tees Xpress to Displace the ever unreliable Renowns 4906-09 which have a habit of Breaking Down as we already know, This is the Sensible and Most Likely Option in my Opinion.

Or Alternatively 5205-10 could all go Black and go on one of the Following Services which could do with an upgrade or just a bit of Brand Recognition to help Promote the Service, I think the X36 would be a Suitable Option if that was the Case as I do believe it could with some Branding and Promoting on the Route and on Social Media.

New Service 29 which is to be Introduced in the New Year could also be an Option but could be a Risky One take with GNE's Habit of constantly changing Services every few Months in the Sunderland Area, I think perhaps using the Northern Cadets would be a Better Option for the time being.

I have Noticed quite a few of you have Mentioned whether 9 could be an Option, I would say Yes depending on it's PVR, I would think that with the Shorts to Jarrow that it's PVR would be 7, Correct me if I am wrong, meaning that if 5205-10 were to be used, then 5204 would then be needed also to act as a Spare.

Or Alternatively as also Mentioned the 9 could use the Omnicities as it did Previously before Percy Main started to put whatever was Available on the 9, mainly the Centurion Renowns. Whilst this a Possibility I do think it'll end up using a Mix of Spare Vehicles if it is to be Split in the New Year between Deptford and Percy Main, which I think could Result in the 9 using Solars off the 50/56 to cover it's PVR, With the Omnicities as mentioned Previously by others going to Stanley for the X30/X31 and Possibly X70/X71 if there is enough Available

Now the Final 3 Options I think are Quite obvious ones, except no one has yet to say whether they think the following could be an Option or Not, So here we are "The Final 3".

- South Tyne 5
- Pulse 67/69
- Fab 57

As we all know the Pulse and Fab 57 (Ex Oxford Renowns) are due to be Withdrawn at some point in 2014, So would it be a good idea to put 5205-10 on one of them to allow for Withdrawal of one of these Batches of Buses. Or Alternatively they could go on the South Tyne 5 under a New Brand, This would then allow for the Cadets to be used on the Pulse 67/69 for Example to again allow the Withdrawal of a Batch of (Ex Oxford Renowns).

Overall I would say all Options are Viable ones but at the End of the Day we'll just have to wait and see what happens over coming weeks into the New Year.

CatsFast101

I'm sure, however not 100%, that a plain black solar past the prospect on X35's. I was at work. Times fitted with it been the X35 (1:30) departure from Sunderland as 20 was behind it also.
Just seen a waggonway scania leave deptford depot, along with ex london B7 decker.

CatsFast101

(19 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen a waggonway scania leave deptford depot, along with ex london B7 decker.

Very odd why would a Waggonway be any where near deptford?
(19 Dec 2013, 2:04 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I quite like the roofline advertising slogans.
I have outlined the ones I've noted below - if you have any you'd like to add, feel free to add them... It would be good to add such specific details to our fleet lists.

641: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (OS)

642: "Venture into Consett from Delves Lane every 15 minutes" (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

643: ???? (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

644: "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)

645: "Venture out with frequent connections to Durham" (NS), ???? (OS)

646: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

647: ???? (NS), "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (OS)

648: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (OS)

649: "Venture into Stanley from Consett every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Metrocentre" (OS)

650: ???? (NS), "Venture in your local area - Consett Day Ticket £3.30" (OS)

651: "Venture into Consett from Castleside every 30 minutes" (NS), "Venture out with frequent connections to Newcastle" (OS)

652: ???? (NS), "Venture into Consett from Shotley Bridge every 30 minutes" (OS)

Ill try and get the rest since i will see a lot out and about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46