North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:16 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Got images of him running around Park Lane like something off the Benny Hill show!

Without checking, guessing you are correct with the routes which are Gold Standard.

Dont know how it is now, but at one time the contract for cleaning the buses was exclusive to the 20/56...
(05 Dec 2013, 10:16 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Got images of him running around Park Lane like something off the Benny Hill show!

Without checking, guessing you are correct with the routes which are Gold Standard.

Wont be along before all GNE services will be gold standard.

After the 56 and 309/310,

GNE have confirmed they are planning to invest money for new buses these are:
2014/2015 which will cost them 11.2m
2015/2016 which will cost them 11.8m
Which GNE have said is at a rate of 80 new buses per year.

This is on on PDF document for Go North East Promotes Partnership Working - http://bit.ly/gonortheast - page 11 =)
GNE promise a table for it but their doesn't seem to be one...

Is it time for everyone to take a guess what routes will get new buses during 2014/2015?
(05 Dec 2013, 10:25 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Dont know how it is now, but at one time the contract for cleaning the buses was exclusive to the 20/56...

Just tried checking the website to see (www.simplygo.com/gold-standard/) and it doesn't stipulate which are/aren't.
There is a thread about Gold Standard in the forum somewhere, it may have been clarified in there.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:30 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just tried checking the website to see (www.simplygo.com/gold-standard/) and it doesn't stipulate which are/aren't.
There is a thread about Gold Standard in the forum somewhere, it may have been clarified in there.

I just remember talking to one of the cleaners a couple of years ago and he said they only cleaned the 20/56, which was the reason he was always stood by Greggs waiting
(05 Dec 2013, 10:25 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wont be along before all GNE services will be gold standard.

After the 56 and 309/310,

GNE have confirmed they are planning to invest money for new buses these are:
2014/2015 which will cost them 11.2m
2015/2016 which will cost them 11.8m
Which GNE have said is at a rate of 80 new buses per year.

This is on on PDF document for Go North East Promotes Partnership Working - http://bit.ly/gonortheast - page 11 =)

Is it time for everyone to take a guess what routes will get new buses during 2014/2015?

Just a guess, but:
8, 78, 78 - Citaro's.
20, 20a, x20 - Citaro's/Gemini's.
Centurion - Versa's.

Don't normally take much notice of this side of the forum, so it may have already been discussed/confirmed.

No doubt someone will come along and say it is this/isn't this - so just to clarify and stick in a disclaimer, these are just my thoughts and are probably wrong :p
(05 Dec 2013, 10:34 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just a guess, but:
8, 78, 78 - Citaro's.
20, 20a, x20 - Citaro's/Gemini's.
Centurion - Versa's.

Don't normally take much notice of this side of the forum, so it may have already been discussed/confirmed.

No doubt someone will come along and say it is this/isn't this - so just to clarify and stick in a disclaimer, these are just my thoughts and are probably wrong :p

The 8/78/78A seem likely to be on of the services to receive new buses with either Citaros or Versa (both which are rumored) - PVR 13

I do hope the 20 get new buses - it has a 12 PVR

Centurion - they could because the B10's are terrible - PVR 10?

There could be an investment on the Washington Street Shuttle and East Durham, FAB 57.

Although we have to wait till all the 56/309/310 deckers are in service to find out the fleet changes.. haha

I have the feeling the last 4 Scania's from FAB 56 will come back burgundy for the X7.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:32 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]I just remember talking to one of the cleaners a couple of years ago and he said they only cleaned the 20/56, which was the reason he was always stood by Greggs waiting

I would be very surprised if they were the only two Gold Standard services in Sunderland.
If what he said is true, then what has happened to the Gold Standard promise?
(05 Dec 2013, 11:10 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I would be very surprised if they were the only two Gold Standard services in Sunderland.
If what he said is true, then what has happened to the Gold Standard promise?

My thoughts as well, just going on what I told at the time, remember this was about 2 years ago when I was talking to the guy about the cleaning of buses
For the record, the B9s for Fab56 and Cobalt have sockets.
(05 Dec 2013, 11:41 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]For the record, the B9s for Fab56 and Cobalt have sockets.

Good Big Grin
What will happen to the ex fab 56 buses maybe give them to saltmedows for 5 and get rif of the horribale buses that they use now
(05 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm)speedwheels22 wrote [ -> ]What will happen to the ex fab 56 buses maybe give them to saltmedows for 5 and get rif of the horribale buses that they use now

They're for SPD replacement.
By working everything out, all the whey aye five - 0 and the 56 scanias should be enough to replace all of them. Smile
Two further orange B9 arrivals today. Didn't catch regs, sorry.

Fab56: 3/15
Deptford 'spare red': 0/2
Cobalt: 0/15
Percy Main 'spare red': 0/2
(05 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Two further orange B9 arrivals today. Didn't catch regs, sorry.

Fab56: 3/15
Deptford 'spare red': 0/2
Cobalt: 0/15
Percy Main 'spare red': 0/2

=), thanks for the update
Sunderland diversions

The following services will be diverted between 1:15pm and 3:15pm today.

The services affected will be 35A, 39, 42 and 99 that would normally operate through Silksworth via Vicarage Road, Silksworth Terrace, Burdon Road and Cumberland Road.

There will be no services operating to the Vicarage between the above hours.

Service 42 will be operating via Blind lane in both directions which will offer connections to service 35A towards Rainton Bridge and South Shields at Dene Street.

The 2:09pm and 3:09pm Service 99 departures from The Vicarage will not take place as the bus will have terminated at Dene Street. Please utilise Service 42 from Blind lane to connect with these two services.

There will be a minor diversion for Service 39 and possibly some standing time on services between 1:15pm and 2:00pm which we are aiming to keep to a minimum.
(05 Dec 2013, 11:18 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]My thoughts as well, just going on what I told at the time, remember this was about 2 years ago when I was talking to the guy about the cleaning of buses

Used those buses over the years and the 56 in particular, can be unbelievably messy at times.
Can remember using it over the Christmas period once and the card inserts displaying all the patter about the route, zone boundaries (or whatever it is they have on them) were lying around the bus.

The cleaner guy must have been on his break, cos it left Park Lane, just as it arrived.

CatsFast101

Just picking up a few points,
The cleaner guy seems to only do scanias for some reason X35/56/20. Never seen him ever do a Drifter/SimpliCity, Laser or Silver Arrows despite all been gold standard. No idea why this is the practice but? Mind I've never seen him in a while and is there a system as to which bus to clean? As it certainly doesn't do each arrival.

As for new buses for next buses, Lime & Prince Bishops are very likely options. The former I think may get Versas the latter I think B9's are a likely option as services can get decently busy. Other service to get new vehicles, I'm thinking an MPD replacement may be an option (East Durham or North Tyne Links) so maybe some more Solo SR's and maybe some Oxford renown displacing so Pulse/Fab 57/Centurion the latter has a large PVR, 10 I think?
It's a shame that the B9s don't get a good internal clean on a regular basis. I mean a wash, not just a quick sweep out.

The Red Arrows B9s are starting to look a bit scruffy on the inside. The interior pale blue, although looking quite modern, has a tendency to make 'dirt' more visible, and it certainly shows on the Red Arrows examples. It obviously doesn't help that a lot of users don't have any respect for the vehicles, and insist on throwing half eaten sandwiches, their baby's greggs pasty, Metro newspapers, and various other items all over the floor.