North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(11 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm)Half Pint wrote [ -> ]Why would the X34 need 13 deckers? pmsl

I mean if you can find the space at depot to fit 10 extra deckers then be my guest. We do indeed have 3 deckers but a 4th one for spare would be needed as sometimes we cannot get all 3 on road for one problem or the other 19196 for example which is off for gearbox problems. What kind of frequency are we looking at here for a 13 decker X34 service? haha

You could have a good 7/8 minute frequency which would help with the loadings lol
Would be good to have wifi on the X34 like the vehicles on various services in Newcastle do. Just hope that next stop announcements are not installed in the near future Smile.
(11 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm)Half Pint wrote [ -> ]Why would the X34 need 13 deckers? pmsl

Imagine the allocations yous would be putting on. Don't think there is enough spare to cover 13 VOR deckers, three is already a struggle... haha Wink In all seriousness though, if this frequency did happen, it would have to be operated jointly between Shields and Newcastle, due to the depot capasity. Increased frequency by a couple would be great, but certainly not that much of a jump could be justified by route usage and cost evaluation from the current 3.
Quite impressed at how Stagecoach are using their twitter feed. Reporting not only on roadworks, but also services that are running late. Good to see.

[Image: 5e2azy3y.jpg]
(12 Feb 2014, 6:46 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Quite impressed at how Stagecoach are using their twitter feed. Reporting not only on roadworks, but also services that are running late. Good to see.

[Image: 5e2azy3y.jpg]

And also reporting GNE breakdowns...!
GNE's reply is quality.

https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...3062111232
(10 Feb 2014, 9:11 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Latest repaint at Stockton is MAN 22066. In plain livery.

See photograph below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16705969@N07/12481387874/

Anyone know if it will gain sub-branding for service 37 again or not?
(12 Feb 2014, 4:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]See photograph below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16705969@N07/12481387874/

Anyone know if it will gain sub-branding for service 37 again or not?

It will not.
(12 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm)mattdw92 wrote [ -> ]It will not.

Any particular reason for this? Even if it is just for a few months...
The tweet has gone!
idiot. mind you own business and keep you opions to you self.
Apparently Stagecoach will not be operating service 33 in Newcastle come March. If this is true then possibly pointer darts might be freed up for transfer to South Shields in order to displace 33101 and 33492.

PB0002404/304 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hollywood Avenue and Newcastle City Centre given service number 33 effective from 23-Mar-2014.
In relation to the designlines being mentioned in the GNE thread, why did SNE decide not to keep them on the 18 after there trial, too slow, too many problems ?

Also why didnt they just move them to a different depot, and use them on a service in another part of the country.
(11 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm)Simm101 wrote [ -> ]Would be good to have wifi on the X34 like the vehicles on various services in Newcastle do. Just hope that next stop announcements are not installed in the near future Smile.

We have asked to put wifi on the X34 but to no avail. Personally its a good idea considering length of journey. Also to add onto latest 22204 should be leaving South Shields today all being well
(13 Feb 2014, 1:50 am)Half Pint wrote [ -> ]We have asked to put wifi on the X34 but to no avail. Personally its a good idea considering length of journey. Also to add onto latest 22204 should be leaving South Shields today all being well

Depending on the average age of customers, I would say that it could be worth having Wi-Fi fitted to the Economic Enviros too.

Competition et al, could go a long way. Just need to start getting the allocations right again as it's been hideous as of late - have had ALX300s and E200s a number of times on the way to town now.
Hmm. Stagecoach aren't to happy about the new system been proposed in which Nexus will control all services in the Tyne and Wear area. This includes routes, fares and no company will be able to change services unless they have been told to by Nexus. Whether this goes ahead is to be decided later on in the year but apparently the Managing Director has threatened to pull Stagecoach out of Newcastle if this goes ahead and has also apparently said 'I'd rather burn all of the depots down rather than hand them over to the council!' which I actually think is quite shocking as they make the most money anyway by being the main operator in Newcastle. This obviously means its down to greed, Go North East and Arriva aren't complaining, so why should they?
(13 Feb 2014, 9:51 am)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]Hmm. Stagecoach aren't to happy about the new system been proposed in which Nexus will control all services in the Tyne and Wear area. This includes routes, fares and no company will be able to change services unless they have been told to by Nexus. Whether this goes ahead is to be decided later on in the year but apparently the Managing Director has threatened to pull Stagecoach out of Newcastle if this goes ahead and has also apparently said 'I'd rather burn all of the depots down rather than hand them over to the council!' which I actually think is quite shocking as they make the most money anyway by being the main operator in Newcastle. This obviously means its down to greed, Go North East and Arriva aren't complaining, so why should they?

There is quite a lively, interesting discussion about this in the Quality Contracts thread. Without wishing to drift off topic here, I think I (and others) would disagree slightly that their stance is about greed. Go North East & Arriva certainly are complaining!
(13 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm)Chris wrote [ -> ]There is quite a lively, interesting discussion about this in the Quality Contracts thread. Without wishing to drift off topic here, I think I (and others) would disagree slightly that their stance is about greed. Go North East & Arriva certainly are complaining!

I didn't think Arriva or Go North East were that bothered although I knew they wouldn't be happy about it.
(13 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote [ -> ]I didn't think Arriva or Go North East were that bothered although I knew they wouldn't be happy about it.

GNE have been probably the most vocal in their opposition, although Stagecoach have gained more mainstream publicity with their threats I would say.

Nigel Featham from Arriva has also written some articles in the trade press quite recently. Balanced and well written, in my opinion.

There is a bit of a lull in the whole debate at present whilst the Councillors make their minds up. March (I think) is decision time.
Does anyone know the PVR of the 22 (Newcastle)? Thanks, Peter
(13 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know the PVR of the 22 (Newcastle)? Thanks, Peter

Service 22 should be allocated 13 ADL Enviro 400s.
(13 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Service 22 should be allocated 13 ADL Enviro 400s.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16